Discontinued The Grasshopper

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Folks couldn't get their hands on this unit soon enough even though there was talk of all kinds of flaws right out of the gate. The bells and whistles were too much too resist - VAS had everyone in its grip.:lol:

At this point most shoppers have done their due diligence far as research I would hope. If not it's always buyer beware with a new vaporizer on the market. I'm hoping the problems from early on, has worked themselves out by HL It looks like they have caught up on orders.:rockon:

Maybe its time to zero in on any continued flaws that this unit may still have by the company. I don't know if acknowledgement from the company pertaining to how much use this vaporizers allows for. Maybe needs to be included in any info?

If someone asked me about a suggestion on a portable vaporizer, I would ask them how much use are you planning to be using with your unit? If they told me they wanted to use their unit all day I would say find something else that would be more heavy duty.:bang:

This is a nice unit to add to your vaporizer collection. This unit (maybe) will work fine if you are using other vaporizers as well.

You will hear more of the complainers than with the positives generally. :rant: The complainers want everyone to know how upset they are. I understand that. I've been there.:tup:

Last edited:

ashinybox

And just like that, the flashing red/ blue lights have begun with my SS hopper received 4/1. LOL

I will try a new battery when I get home from work. Shame I couldn't give it a rip during my 15.

biohacker

@shinybox is that the new RMA GH you bought from me or a different one? I did not mean to play an April Fool's joke on you

If someone asked me about a suggestion on a portable vaporizer, I would ask them how much use are you planning to be using with your unit? If they told me they wanted to use their unit all day I would say find something else that would be more heavy duty.

This is a nice unit to add to your vaporizer collection. This unit will work fine if you are using other vaporizers as well.

This isn't okay with me... it's not supposed to be a disposable pen. It's not a consumable item like the battery, good for a few hundred cycles right? It shouldn't be russian roulette, where you use it too many times in a day and never know when it's going to go. If so, it's not ready for the market IMO. HL better think a little more about resin clogging up the heater or whatever is causing the straight to blue, but i'm more concerned about the flaky backend performance.

You will hear more of the complainers than with the positives generally. The complainers want everyone to know how upset they are. I understand that. I've been there.

True, but i've been on the other side as well as a ranting and raving fanboy. You hear some of those loud and clear as well. That's why I don't value posts like that including my own! :lol: I like when people report the good and bad like it is, without "making up" something bad that's easily fixable, or downplaying by bringing up other vapes or fairy tales.

Last edited:

CarolKing

I agree you can't sugarcoat the truth. It is a gamble with this unit. There's no ifs about it. Now it's up to the company to make this a better product. If folks keep having to send units back I dont know how a company can withstand that cost over time. Usually if something is an inferior product people will stop buying. Time will tell.

If they figure things out this will be a wonderful portable. I like the lifetime warranty but it's the lifetime of the company.

ashinybox

@shinybox is that the new RMA GH you bought from me or a different one? I did not mean to play an April Fool's joke on you

Yeah sad to say this hopper may be still have some issues. It worked phenomenally for the first two days of my ownership so I can't fault anyone. Anyone care to share some ways to troubleshoot the red/ blue flashing lights?

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah sad to say this hopper may be still have some issues. It worked phenomenally for the first two days of my ownership so I can't fault anyone. Anyone care to share some ways to troubleshoot the red/ blue flashing lights?
Take a look through the Grasshopper fixes resource (all my issues seem to be in the back-ends ... maybe try fiddling with that first ...)

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/

How many batteries do you have?

biohacker

So sorry to hear bro, so now you and @JCat bought my RMA'd GH's and both have issues after only a couple of days. This is the shit that pisses me off. I'm pretty sure both of yours had new bodies AND backends too!

At least I know it's not me! And it's not like you guys had them long enough to use them much!

We'll get it straightened out, I just didn't think it would happen so fast. :ugh:

AJS

Calm Consistency
The hopper with the PFE paired with the pinnacle pro water tool is damn amazing. It wasn't worth the fuss with the silicone mp but now holy shit.
This post pretty much instantly sold me on the pfe ... as I have the @DDave cooling wand and it should plug right in.
Only thing holding me back is I have a Titanium GH and not sure I want the SS on there or if I should wait for Ti pfe. Any pics of SS on Ti or comments?

JCat

Accessory Maker
This post pretty much instantly sold me on the pfe ... as I have the @DDave cooling wand and it should plug right in.
Only thing holding me back is I have a Titanium GH and not sure I want the SS on there or if I should wait for Ti pfe. Any pics of SS on Ti or comments?
You don't need to wait. Fully compatible; and although they are coming out with a Ti one, could be end of year by the time we see it.

8 business days in transit and waiting anxiously ... I love using my GH w/ my Zapubler so this will make it that much better!

eg. (Zapubler)
DSCF3190.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
You don't need to wait. Fully compatible; and although they are coming out with a Ti one, could be end of year by the time we see it.

8 business days in transit and waiting anxiously ... I love using my GH w/ my Zapubler so this will make it that much better!

eg. (Zapubler)
DSCF3190.jpg
Thank you!
I'll order one :) still would love a pic of SS pfe on Ti colored GH if anyone has!

Also .. wonderful pic man ... that wood is gorgeous and those bubblers look incredible. Never seen them before .. I kinda want !

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hmmmm. I have the Pinnacle Pro Micro shower water tube and it's an original. Bought it to pair with the Pinnacle Pro.
That will pair very well. Even dry I'm sure it would offer significant cooling. Nice thing about the Zapubler is you have to go more than horizontal with it to spill any water so it's virtually spill proof. I use it a lot while travelling and have just been using it a lot period since I've gotten my GH's.

Thank you!
I'll order one :) still would love a pic of SS pfe on Ti colored GH if anyone has!

Also .. wonderful pic man ... that wood is gorgeous and those bubblers look incredible. Never seen them before .. I kinda want !
Hopefully tomorrow or the day after and I'll take a few pictures!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
And just like that, the flashing red/ blue lights have begun with my SS hopper received 4/1. LOL

I will try a new battery when I get home from work. Shame I couldn't give it a rip during my 15.

The sooner you make a claim and send it in, the sooner you'll have it back. Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated. imho, of course.
Best of luck!

Hmmmm. I have the Pinnacle Pro Micro shower water tube and it's an original. Bought it to pair with the Pinnacle Pro.
I use Hopper sometimes with Pinnacle Pro WT (well, a knockoff...), it accepts 14mm fitting which is what the PFE is. Before PFE, I found the regular mp was not paring well with this glass, and the silicone mp added was working but a little clumsy. The PFE is working out really nicely as a water adapter as well as dry. I can also be more confident that it's getting fully clean inside, since there are fewer hidden parts/areas.

skyvaper

What's also nice about using the Pinnacle Pro Water Tool with the PFE is that you can hold it by the WT or by the hopper.
The PFE is great dry as well. It stays cooler for longer and decreases draw resistance. The opening is wider but its almost exactly where you place your lips on the og mp to avoid heat when using native.
The PFE is not a must have. You can accomplish all things hopper without it but its damn worth it.

ashinybox

Well just got home from work, swapped a fresh battery and to my surprise all is well again with my Hopper! :\ :| :wave:

Really enjoying this thing on temp 5 through a bubbler. It keeps up with the Hydromaxx which is impressive. But perhaps I haven't perfected my technique with butane.

Still need to try it at work haha...

JCat

Accessory Maker
So ... went through all 4 of my GHB2 batteries today for a session or two each. After one session avg remaining voltage is ~4V (sometimes less). Pretty much every session I need to fiddle with the back-end to get the blue lights to stop flickering and to get decent vapor production. It doesn't seem to keep up as well, with the vapor tapering off before the end of my hit, regardless of draw speed.

The GHB1 batteries in comparison only occasionally require fiddling with the back-end, and usually very little (loosen, half a dozen twists, tighten, all good). I'd say fiddling required every 3 sessions give or take. Vapor production white walls at setting 4.5 and I run out of lung capacity and have to turn off the hopper to try to finish it as it's so thick. It is then good for maybe a 2nd hit like this. I can get usually 2 bowls per battery like this w/ the GHB1. The poorer performance I describe above occurs even @ 5 w/ the GHB2's.

What's going on here? Are my GHB2's defective? All 4 of them + the one I just sent back in my SS hopper for RMA?

Physically the only difference between the GHB1/2's I noticed was the GHB1's have a larger diameter button ... maybe that makes a difference somehow for conduction? Wish I had more GHB1's right now though! Hopefully it will also be a non-issue once I get fully functional hoppers!

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor

eg. (Zapubler)
DSCF3190.jpg
Does anyone know if these are available to buy anymore?

c76man,

CarolKing

eg. (Zapubler)
DSCF3190.jpg
They didn't have any of these glass tools on Grasshopper's website. They must be sold out.

CarolKing,

biohacker

CK - HL doesn't sell those, and they are not being made anymore. Pretty sure there must be some sort of decent alternative out there though.

biohacker,
Top Bottom