Discontinued The Grasshopper

I didn't use my GH with anything when I paired it with my water tube. It was naked!The silicone tip made it so it didn't fit as well, so I left it off. I worried about the surface of the GH getting scratched taking it off and on. It could be an issue.
It will scratch it. I am using a pinnacle water tool for daily home use and it scratches the hell out of these front ends. I'd recommend picking up a PFE, but it will get super scratched up. I will post pictures of mine soon.

biohacker

Yep both my SS and Ti were affected by gong's if I didn't use the condom. I was warned by another member though.

While it's not surprising considering the commentaries on differences, it IS surprising that such frequent and short-lived design iterations are or have taken place. That to me is a sign of panicked engineering.

So nice to have you back JoeMama!!! :tup:

howzcat

Hard on Glass
Been trying to catch up to the thread and from what i see i'm a bit discouraged :(

Thing is, i'm getting the red/blue after 2 months use. Since day 1 it was always too hot, but i still loved this vape - enough to give a deserved break to my nano ehe.

So now RMA. I live in Europe. Batteries took me 2 weeks to get here. I pay shipping fees and the worst is that from what i read here it will most likely be exactly the same thing...am i reading right?

I love this thing but i have a chance to get a refund and where i live 250 bucks is a lot of cash.

I guess what i'm asking, since i can't read 200+ pages to get a 'feel' is: would you send the gh to rma in my position? i wouldn't even mind waiting a (set) amount of months if that meant a high probability of the replacement unit being..solid. It seems, from what i read, no progress is being made :(

biohacker

I love this thing but i have a chance to get a refund and where i live 250 bucks is a lot of cash.

You're lucky, I had to sell mine at a pretty big loss due to the $45 transfer fee. On 4 hoppers, that adds up, but nobody held a gun to my head to play this game, although I do feel I fell for some false confidence based on what i've been told by HL as well as several other members.

You can wait until you feel more confident like me, but only you can decide that for yourself my friend. :peace:

howzcat

Hard on Glass
You're lucky, I had to sell mine at a pretty big loss due to the $45 transfer fee. On 4 hoppers, that adds up, but nobody held a gun to my head to play this game, although I do feel I fell for some false confidence based on what i've been told by HL as well as several other members.

You can wait until you feel more confident like me, but only you can decide that for yourself my friend. :peace:

what i mean is, for you guys that are following this more closely (i haven't because work), how do you perceive the last few months/the coming months?

Has there been progress? The % of failures is dropping? Is it worth chancing it, or is it just 1-in-100 are working well type thing?

biohacker

Just my opinion, but you are rolling the dice still at this point in time. However, others will paint a more rosey picture. IMO, you should at least invest a little bit of time catching up on maybe the last month or two of posts. If you are a gambling man and don't mind the RMA hassle, then go for it.... if not, then get a refund and hold out.

There are other resources out there that IMO add to FC experiences as well. I wouldn't put all of your eggs just in this FC basket so to speak if you know what I mean. Some characters are just too vocal here, myself included. Although I strive to not report just the bad, or just the good. If you see any of those, alarm bells should be ringing IMO.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@howzcat: I do feel progress is being made, but not as much progress as I would like. Unfortunately, there are still frequent reports of doa units and warranty returns that aren't fixed or break again within a week or two.

For what it's worth I haven't had issues with the warranty department, or doa units. That is only my experience, some have had multiple issues with returns, others have not had to service their units at all after many months. It's too bad they don't release the actual failure rates as it would help us all make more informed decisions if we knew the actual risk involved.

I feel the Grasshopper has definitely become more reliable than it was a year ago, but Hopper Labs really needs to improve the testing process of their devices. I question if there is a final quality check in place when reading stories about brand new premium heat-treated hoppers arriving without mouthpiece screens. Stuff like that is really inexcusable.

With the current reliability issues it is harder to recommend the Grasshopper to those who have to pay international shipping. I'm lucky enough to pay less than $3 per return. I've spent a little less than $9 total, but I received a new GHB2 with one of my returns so in essence I've spent less than $2 total on my three returns.

Mr. Me2

I can not recommend the ups innovation mail.... it took them 1 week to transfer my package from boulder to california and now will give my package to usps to send it to europe...

in the past without ups innovation... usps shipped my package from boulder to europe in 2 to 4 days and ws not much more expensive then the new ups innovation shipping HL uses now...

also the tracking from usps was faster and more accurate then ups innovations... so normally in the past I got my packag in 4 to 12 days delivered ... I fear ups will need at less one month... do not know why HL switched to ups...

also I do not get what should be the reason to give ups a package which ups anyways gives usps to send abroad... why not send the package with usps only... what ismthe advantage of ups innovations... can somebody tell me?
Somebody's got a cranky avatar...
:rofl:

biohacker

What impeccable timing, I received a very professional and polite response from Caroline that HL may have a repair centre in Canada in the future, but no concrete info. This at least gives me hope!

She was extremely empathetic about all my RMA and DOA issues with all 1/2 dozen GH's i've had, but assured me that the reliability has greatly improved over the last 2 years. :D

I honestly didn't even think I would get a reply, but it only took a few days!

btka

@Vapor_Eyes thanks, i started an rma ticket. Fingers crossed! Going to get a PFE also..life is risk :)

yeah failure rates disclosure would be really good but i knew they didn't release so i was asking fellow members for their 'feel', going in the right direction or not and let's hope it is! aha life is risk i know :)

If you rma your hopper I would ask them to shipp the pfe and any other accessories you need with your repaired/replaced hopper so you are saving money and do not have to pay extra shipping for the accessories...

ChooChooCharlie

Looking at the bright side of life and the desert. No hopper problems here.

yAXm6xO.jpg

Petroglyph translation:

"Gimme that hopper and TiChillum, you white devil.
And thanks for stealing our design motifs, after stealing our land."

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Looking at the bright side of life and the desert. No hopper problems here.

yAXm6xO.jpg

Petroglyph translation:

"Gimme that hopper and TiChillum, you white devil.
And thanks for stealing our design motifs, after stealing our land."
Damn your and your million dollar Ti-chillum!!!! :argh:

So want it but too expensive for my sad little economy

biohacker

Is this the Grasshopper Thread? All I hear are crickets chirping! :D

HOT OFF THE PRESS! Sick vid!

xGUcyUDhl1noTS8muDoG9RL5xTyYCW65r9gtwvKNXE6kwfLWckx71jP2ILw8sz1AMS8EMZx0jgUs3HQeJQ0CrB9EwMJzINCFPYXLxM74azrOPrzHPcjUEBz3XbBo8vKsGRbKzPE=s0-d-e1-ft

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
Hopper Labs - Vapes Don't Get Me High

Hopper Labs has introduced a new Youtube channel and to kick it off we logged a session with the PFE.

The Grasshopper is on a whole different level of power and performance. Stainless and Titanium Hoppers ship same day if ordered before 2 pm on a weekday!

:peace:

almost there

Is this the Grasshopper Thread? All I hear are crickets chirping! :D

HOT OFF THE PRESS! Sick vid!

xGUcyUDhl1noTS8muDoG9RL5xTyYCW65r9gtwvKNXE6kwfLWckx71jP2ILw8sz1AMS8EMZx0jgUs3HQeJQ0CrB9EwMJzINCFPYXLxM74azrOPrzHPcjUEBz3XbBo8vKsGRbKzPE=s0-d-e1-ft

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
Hopper Labs - Vapes Don't Get Me High

Hopper Labs has introduced a new Youtube channel and to kick it off we logged a session with the PFE.

The Grasshopper is on a whole different level of power and performance. Stainless and Titanium Hoppers ship same day if ordered before 2 pm on a weekday!

:peace:
I don't mean to sound ignorant but does everyone who have a working hopper get these kind of clouds with a Water piece? My hopper only produced some mild translucent clouds when used at T5 75% loaded. Getting it back on Monday, should I be expecting this type of results?

ashinybox

I don't mean to sound ignorant but does everyone who have a working hopper get these kind of clouds with a Water piece? My hopper only produced some mild translucent clouds when used at T5 75% loaded. Getting it back on Monday, should I be expecting this type of results?

My SS hopper seems to be doing pretty well. I think the PFE will get me very close to the levels shown in the GH Labs video.

Some minor issues i've been having:
· At times I'll click my hopper to take a hit and only get a single red flash. A quick reset usually fixes it (off -> back on)

· Police lights (red/blue) only once when I posted earlier in the week. Battery swap proved to fix and both GHB2 are working well.

· My back end seems to get warm any where above 3. Nothing like a hot Arizer stem, even on 5.

Overall I'd say it's working 95% of the time :nod:

almost there

My SS hopper seems to be doing pretty well. I think the PFE will get me very close to the levels shown in the GH Labs video.

Some minor issues i've been having:
· At times I'll click my hopper to take a hit and only get a single red flash. A quick reset usually fixes it (off -> back on)

· Police lights (red/blue) only once when I posted earlier in the week. Battery swap proved to fix and both GHB2 are working well.

· My back end seems to get warm any where above 3. Nothing like a hot Arizer stem, even on 5.

Overall I'd say it's working 95% of the time :nod:
Thanks for the video demonstration:D. You know in the 3 weeks I had my hopper I was doing everything and anything to try to match those kind of clouds but it never happened. I was a bit afraid after I sent in the RMA I received a msg from Caroline which mentioned she she gave my hopper a try and hasn't observed a noticeable issue with heat production. Last RMA msg stated the hopper was repaired so I'm praying they fixed whatever was wrong with it and not just passed it around , boxed it up and return it.

freshly baked

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but I got the red/blue flashing lights today. I was lile what the hell its broke anyway I'll try blowing through it which I know is supposed to be a no no under normal circumstances. But now it works! I had already tried all four of my batteries all four had the same red blue flashing so I blew through it. Works again thank goodness!

Edit.. Went to crap again.. Oh well.. I got 3 last good hits lol

Vape Dr.

I worried about the surface of the GH getting scratched taking it off and on. It could be an issue.

@CarolKing I was worried about scratching my mouthpiece and WPA/PFE as well so I came up with a super quick fix.

I got some heat shrink tubing and put a 1/2" piece on the end of each. I used a hair dryer to shrink it, but I also very carefully used a creme brulee torch to get it nice and tight and form fitted.

The heat shrink tubing can be left on or taken off very easily. When I'm out and about I leave the heat shrink tubing on my Ti hopper and it works great keeping the tip cooler.

Here are a few pics.

:science:

almost there

@CarolKing I was worried about scratching my mouthpiece and WPA/PFE as well so I came up with a super quick fix.

I got some heat shrink tubing and put a 1/2" piece on the end of each. I used a hair dryer to shrink it, but I also very carefully used a creme brulee torch to get it nice and tight and form fitted.

The heat shrink tubing can be left on or taken off very easily. When I'm out and about I leave the heat shrink tubing on my Ti hopper and it works great keeping the tip cooler.

Here are a few pics.

:science:
That's absolutely brilliant!!! Is there anything u won't modify? I love checking out how u always tweaking away even if I don't own that particular vape. Would u mind posting some links for places I can pick this wrap up? Thanks
Edit- I'm so curious Doc, do you keep all the vapes u modified or u sell them eventually? If so does these modifications qualify for a discount bc it's been tampered with or do u consider it an upgrade and bump up the price?
-sorry one more question if I may, u think I could use my 18650 wrap to try this out since that's what I have at my immediate disposal?

Last edited:
almost there,

WhyAreWeWaiting

Hey all.

For everyone that asked, I have a beta WPA which looks like it will be the production run. I will try to find out more for you all about it.

On another note, I was out and about and found an awesome slim silicone mouth piece protector for free.

I went to my local vape shop. They let you try different flavors of E-juice. They put a little condom on the mouthpiece for you for hygiene.
I asked for one and they gave me a handful.

They look like this.

If you slide one on your hopper mouth piece, it makes a noticeable difference and keeps the tip much cooler.

I wanted to mention this to you all because it helps the mouth piece stay cooler and it is very slim.

Also because it was free!:)

These ones are much better. Better quality tougher silicone in multiple colours. Never stains. Doesn't get loose. Just slice the end off with a sharp knife to enlarge the hole, sand down any minor imperfections with a sanding block and it's good to go.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ind...over-for-Smoke-E-Cig-CE4-CE5/32348432085.html

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but I got the red/blue flashing lights today. I was lile what the hell its broke anyway I'll try blowing through it which I know is supposed to be a no no under normal circumstances. But now it works! I had already tried all four of my batteries all four had the same red blue flashing so I blew through it. Works again thank goodness!

Edit.. Went to crap again.. Oh well.. I got 3 last good hits lol

careful with inside blowing... sorry to hear that you have the cop lights.. most than probably you're going for an RMA..
I've had a cop lights situation myself as well and I made them send me a main body since I was getting few hits now and then and most important, I was an overseas customer that had the hopper for less than 15 days. So everything has been fine since then, nevertheless, I've managed to save my ass for the time being, from sending it in for a HL check. I've had the other issue with the straight to blue light and I decided to ISO bath, until airholes level and it did work.. I'm still having an operating 2-months old unit with an open RMA waiting :p
I'm just hoping that everything happens after I receive my 'M' VapCap, which I should have by this week or so.. I finally chose to go with this amazingly cheap vape as primarily a backup but I have a feeling that the value for money is going to be a massive one..

CL52613

I am not a hater, but sure cannot figure out how this can be a portable to recommend or even suggest to a vapor enthusiast. Every page of this thread has multiple entries of unit failures and other problems. Imagine a first time vapor user buying this for their first vaporizer. What kind of impression would this unit make? Even more important, what kind of impression would reading this thread have on one? If it were me, I would trash the GH - well sell it - and just go back to combustion.

CL52613,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom