The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. fluffhead

fluffhead Recovering Idealist

I just did this and I like it. It helped ease my throat for dry use of the gh. I would recommend cleaning it out immediately though. I wasn't home when I used it, which made a little more effort in cleaning when I got home. However, even with a little extra effort, it was worth it for the improved experience. Good tip, thanks!

2. btka

btka Well-Known Member

The Performance Front-end (PFE) is an upgraded mouthpiece for your Grasshopper, reducing draw resistance by 80% and adding water pipe compatibility. The PFE allows for a wider range of draw speeds, increases vapor delivery, and eliminates mouthpiece heating during long sessions. In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use, a 10 to 1 taper provides a perfect seal against your existing glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, the PFE allows you to experience a new level of performance and vapor production.

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/water-pipe-adapter/

MoltenTiger, Poostuff, JCat and 3 others like this.
  3. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Maybe they were updating. I see it there now as Performance Front End.
    Matter of fact, I JUST ORDERED ONE!
    Estimated ship time IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks for (sort of) pointing this out @btka !

4. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Ofcourse! After my GH's have already shipped! :doh::lol:

5. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

mmmm looks like an updated version of the demo we've been playing with. Much thicker towards the opening, wonder what else they did..

"In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use.." ?? .. I'm guessing they've made some more adjustments and now it's designed to be a dual use mouthpiece/wpa rather than specified wpa. I def prefer to use the regular front end for "on the go" compared to the demo wpa.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

its listed as only being available in SS.

MoltenTiger likes this.
  7. kbrown5523

kbrown5523 Hopping in Washington

I was hoping for a smaller price tag. Another $30.00 a piece. I always use mine with water so that's another $60.00 for my 2 SS's. At least if I could get them through puffitup.com I'd get 15% off. :(

MoltenTiger likes this.
  8. biohacker

*As the PFE is designed with glass compatibility in mind, it replaces the Water Pipe Adapter (WPA)

For whatever that's worth lol

9. btka

btka Well-Known Member

would it be a problem when I use the ss performance front end with my ti hopper... for example would I strip the threads or damage threads...

10. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Thanks @Vapor_Eyes! I used the "Grasshopper Fixes" resource ... used the rotating the back end dial many times (probably did a good 50+), and my performance problems, and hot back-end problems on my Ti hopper seem to have gone away. Even the quick battery drain seems to be resolved. I have been able to consistently get milky hits for the last 6 sessions, replaced the battery 3 times and did 2 sessions per battery before replacement. All seems well! (for now)

We'll see if it persists or how long this works as a fix if/when the problem crops up again ...

11. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

Since I have the OG Brick, I use the GH only on the road, and this is quite rare. Therefore I have not read here in the thread for a long time.

Are there already experiences for the new Mouthpiece? Which advantages in which situations?

I will probably have to read a few more pages

12. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

I ordered, I guess now we find out how long "immediately" actually is
    Hey @guyonthecouch could you clarify why you prefer the regular front end to the demo WPA when on you're on the go? I know a couple of you have it but I haven't seen much feedback on it here yet.
    Does less draw restriction weaken the vapour or do you get too much & it's harsh?

MoltenTiger, Mr. Me2 and biohacker like this.
  13. biohacker

You're lucky only a few people have them so far....but they have the beta tester's version...search their posts:

@slcbdco
    @guyonthecouch
    @Vape Dr.

Kermitt likes this.
  14. DelaSheck

DelaSheck New Member

Can you post the link to the Grasshopper fixes? I've had my Gray TI since June and it has been great. I'm not a heavy user, 2-4 times a week. Recently, my clouds have been much harder to achieve. I've noticed the heat is much less. Usually I have to cut off my draw after about 5-10 seconds, but now I can go much longer.

I have 2 original batteries that seem to be done and am considering tossing them. I also have 2 GB2 batteries that are better but I am still having vapor issues. I charge only using Nitecore D2.

JCat likes this.
  15. biohacker

@DelaSheck Just hit the Resources tab at the top of the page... 2nd one down is the GH fixes.

HL has redeemed themselves on their last time slow shipping without tracking...my RMA's have already cleared customs! I hate UPS for buying shit (brokerage fees etc), but for RMA's I really hope that HL continues to use them for Canada. Sorry @JCat :uhoh:

16. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

Here you go: http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/

GreenHopper likes this.
  17. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

You can use an SS mouthpiece interchangeably with the Ti unit. The performance mouthpice is only SS amd is compatible with both styles

I prefer the regular mouthpiece when out and about because it's more discrete both in apparence and usage. The performance mouthpiece makes it look "not like a pen" and gives much bigger clouds.

I have both the beta version and the release version. The release version is quite a bit nicer

18. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

So just to confirm: no Ti version imminent and I should buy two SS?

The chamber threads are SS on the Ti, only the front end has Ti threads. So the PFE will be buttery smooth comparably. I think I'll be getting two SS's anyways, PBW friendly and better scratch resistance against glass - not to mention Ti can draw on glass in a graphite-esque fashion.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  19. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the regular front end when not paired with glass(on the go) compared to the demo wpa due to design and heat factors. Mind you, I didn't really experiment/play with the wpa for on the go use as it is a wpa so we've mainly been using it with a water tool. The few times I did use it "on the go"/as a mouthpiece the metal got hot(native) but had great vapour production. Looks like they've improved the design to be used as a mouthpiece now.

No the vapour is not weakened, if anything it's thicker/stronger.. it's not "harsher", I'd have to say smoother with the WPA out of glass.. and you can never have too much vapour ;)

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Just ordered on. Don't really care about SS versus my GH being Bronze Ti, I'm pretty much into function before anything and we will see how this functions.

When ordered, expected shipping date was shown as March 2017! LOL Don't want to narrow that down too much, now do we HL! haha

21. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

Do we think there will be a 4/20 sale? That's what in currently waiting on before doing any vape purchasing.

akwardsauce likes this.
  22. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Any issues i have with my SS hopper is due to a drained battery.
    When placed on my Nitecore, anything around 3,86V and i have had issues with the hopper.
    3,90V on the Nitecore and the hopper behaves as expected.

Going to keep doing this as one session is 3 bowls for me, so it is easy to fit into the routine.
    I will update in a week again!

Vapor_Eyes, JCat, biohacker and 2 others like this.
  23. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Headband & Purple Elephant in the Grasshopper , watching the Rangers vs the Devils.Really nice out here in FL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Just ordered 2 PFEs

Edit: And FYI - from Caroline, the Ti PFE will be released later in 2017 (ie. some time between now and Dec. 31 ... maybe ... :lol: )

25. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

U are so making me want to do it too but I feel my hopper's moments from a total breakdown, I'll just wait and add it to my RMA. Hopefully it won't sell out but more likely it'll never come about :disgust:.

Edit-and right after saying that my hopper jolted to life in a way that has never happened before:freak:. Unbelievable, for the first time since receiving it I actually had vapor clouds that looks like the videos I've watched a thousand times

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors