Discontinued The Grasshopper

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@biohacker from what you're telling me man I'm probably having an ineffective nitecore, but then again it's charging the batteries just fine. I think that there were some other users having the same situation like mine. I didn't think of it as a flaw or sth.. I'm able to pull 2 max 3 bowls with my batteries.. if I finish my bowls off with a T5 a rip, then I'll probably get two proper bowls, otherwise if I finish them at T4 I will get 3 of them..

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: biohacker

almost there

Thorough write-up @JCat.
Agree with just about everything you mentioned.

I should get mine back today.
HL said they replaced some internal parts.
When I asked for more details they said that they can't tell me.
Why does this sound like conversations I have with my 6yo nephew? All these magical mysterious things,it just can't be elaborated on but it's all true and all of it will happen tomorrow:hmm:

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

GAME CHANGER ALERT: So I took a play out of the vapcap book and have started using hemp fiber in my hopper chamber. Using it as a spacer with less material as well as "blocker/pre screen-screen". Since using I haven't cleaned my front end once. Maintains a fresh clean state with ease. Also, noticing my glass is staying MUCH cleaner for longer. Not sure how much of the goodies are getting "trapped" in the fiber(if any).. seems to be working its magic just fine though. Flavour seems to last longer throughout the bowl. On the higher heat settings, it feels cleaner/less harsh and seems to not "smoulder" as much(material pushed up against the fiber rather than the SS front end screen). IMO, resulting in an all around more pleasant experience.

Currently the best method I've come across to use concentrates on their own as well. Great flavour and long lasting bowls.

If you own a Hopper i highly suggest implementing this into your routine.

Mr. Me2

GAME CHANGER ALERT: So I took a play out of the vapcap book and have started using hemp fiber in my hopper chamber. Using it as a spacer with less material as well as "blocker/pre screen-screen". Since using I haven't cleaned my front end once. Maintains a fresh clean state with ease. Also, noticing my glass is staying MUCH cleaner for longer. Not sure how much of the goodies are getting "trapped" in the fiber(if any).. seems to be working its magic just fine though. Flavour seems to last longer throughout the bowl. On the higher heat settings, it feels cleaner/less harsh and seems to not "smoulder" as much. IMO resulting in an all around more pleasant experience.

Are you putting the hemp in the mouthpiece?

Mr. Me2,

almost there

@Mr. Me2
No, I'm placing it directly in the chamber on top of the material. Make sure there's no danglers to get stuck in the threading and then screw my front end on.
sounds like a lot of work to me, is it so? The abv comes out a bit stickier from the hopper than the vapcap, it's a bit gummy along the edges, are there lots of particles stuck to the hemp fiber after each use?

almost there,

guyonthecouch

sounds like a lot of work to me, is it so? The abv comes out a bit stickier from the hopper than the vapcap, it's a bit gummy along the edges, are there lots of particles stuck to the hemp fiber after each use?
When put through heavy usage+glass, it's a lot less work/time consuming than cleaning/soaking/maintaining front end.. try it out!!

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
GAME CHANGER ALERT: So I took a play out of the vapcap book and have started using hemp fiber in my hopper chamber. Using it as a spacer with less material as well as "blocker/pre screen-screen". Since using I haven't cleaned my front end once. Maintains a fresh clean state with ease. Also, noticing my glass is staying MUCH cleaner for longer. Not sure how much of the goodies are getting "trapped" in the fiber(if any).. seems to be working its magic just fine though. Flavour seems to last longer throughout the bowl. On the higher heat settings, it feels cleaner/less harsh and seems to not "smoulder" as much(material pushed up against the fiber rather than the SS front end screen). IMO, resulting in an all around more pleasant experience.

Currently the best method I've come across to use concentrates on their own as well. Great flavour and long lasting bowls.

I just did this and I like it. It helped ease my throat for dry use of the gh. I would recommend cleaning it out immediately though. I wasn't home when I used it, which made a little more effort in cleaning when I got home. However, even with a little extra effort, it was worth it for the improved experience. Good tip, thanks!

btka

The Performance Front-end (PFE) is an upgraded mouthpiece for your Grasshopper, reducing draw resistance by 80% and adding water pipe compatibility. The PFE allows for a wider range of draw speeds, increases vapor delivery, and eliminates mouthpiece heating during long sessions. In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use, a 10 to 1 taper provides a perfect seal against your existing glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, the PFE allows you to experience a new level of performance and vapor production.

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/water-pipe-adapter/

guyonthecouch

mmmm looks like an updated version of the demo we've been playing with. Much thicker towards the opening, wonder what else they did..

"In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use.." ?? .. I'm guessing they've made some more adjustments and now it's designed to be a dual use mouthpiece/wpa rather than specified wpa. I def prefer to use the regular front end for "on the go" compared to the demo wpa.

Last edited:

Baron23

mmmm looks like an updated version of the demo we've been playing with. Much thicker towards the opening, wonder what else they did..

"In addition to being the best front-end for on-the-go use.." ?? .. I'm guessing they've made some more adjustments and now it's a dual use moutpiece/wpa rather than specified wpa. I would def prefer to use the regular front end for "on the go" compared to the demo wpa.
its listed as only being available in SS.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I was hoping for a smaller price tag. Another $30.00 a piece. I always use mine with water so that's another $60.00 for my 2 SS's. At least if I could get them through puffitup.com I'd get 15% off. :(

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks @Vapor_Eyes! I used the "Grasshopper Fixes" resource ... used the rotating the back end dial many times (probably did a good 50+), and my performance problems, and hot back-end problems on my Ti hopper seem to have gone away. Even the quick battery drain seems to be resolved. I have been able to consistently get milky hits for the last 6 sessions, replaced the battery 3 times and did 2 sessions per battery before replacement. All seems well! (for now)

We'll see if it persists or how long this works as a fix if/when the problem crops up again ...

Kermitt

Since I have the OG Brick, I use the GH only on the road, and this is quite rare. Therefore I have not read here in the thread for a long time.

Are there already experiences for the new Mouthpiece? Which advantages in which situations?

I will probably have to read a few more pages

Kermitt,

Poostuff

Please delete
I ordered, I guess now we find out how long "immediately" actually is
Hey @guyonthecouch could you clarify why you prefer the regular front end to the demo WPA when on you're on the go? I know a couple of you have it but I haven't seen much feedback on it here yet.
Does less draw restriction weaken the vapour or do you get too much & it's harsh?

DelaSheck

Thanks @Vapor_Eyes! I used the "Grasshopper Fixes" resource ... used the rotating the back end dial many times (probably did a good 50+), and my performance problems, and hot back-end problems on my Ti hopper seem to have gone away. Even the quick battery drain seems to be resolved. I have been able to consistently get milky hits for the last 6 sessions, replaced the battery 3 times and did 2 sessions per battery before replacement. All seems well! (for now)

We'll see if it persists or how long this works as a fix if/when the problem crops up again ...

Can you post the link to the Grasshopper fixes? I've had my Gray TI since June and it has been great. I'm not a heavy user, 2-4 times a week. Recently, my clouds have been much harder to achieve. I've noticed the heat is much less. Usually I have to cut off my draw after about 5-10 seconds, but now I can go much longer.

I have 2 original batteries that seem to be done and am considering tossing them. I also have 2 GB2 batteries that are better but I am still having vapor issues. I charge only using Nitecore D2.

DelaSheck,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom