Discontinued The Grasshopper

JoeMama

I don't know how accurate they are either, though it seems to be quite responsive, even to small adjustments. I mostly roast on 5, but I feel this is probably not the best way to vape for a few reasons.

When I use the bubbler, it's T4 or T5, too.
I think the accuracy question kind of goes with the issue of "futzing with the Temp dial when you get the blue flashing lights". A tiny "adjustment" may be a "better connection", in a way. No way to really know of course.
Though, as it's been said, it seems kind of dumb to even have a T1 setting. When I used the Pax, I never used T1, and rarely T2.

They need to sort that out, and make a more durable product.
(or perhaps, make a more durable product, and then sort out non-essential accessories. In my mind though, and I'm sure many purchasers, the case and oils front-end are essential as they've been sold and promised already, they need at least some priority and to be properly addressed)
It wasn't all that long ago, in the grand scheme of things, where their initial pipe dream was as optimistic and doubted, so here's to hoping they can pull it together yet again.

Wait, what? Oil-front-end who? Have I missed something about Hopper accessories?

I also have noticed very strong head effects using the Grasshopper at 1.5-2.5 range. There are many more cannabinoids that's THC and CBD and than we even know about. I don't know what those low temp cannabinoids do, but more importantly, there is increasing research showing that it's actually the terpenes that give the pyschoactive effects and that cannabinoids simply open pathways for the terpenes. Makes sense particularly if you have noticed that you are more reactive to strains than potency. For me for example, citirus heavy strains get me super high, even at 14% where I can vape a 25% Durban all day and be very clear due to the pinene.

That was entirely good reading, thank you, slcbdco! (how do you pronounce that?! :D)

biohacker

@vapviking You are the man! Thanks bro, for both the link to the resource thread and your little anecdotal screen issues. With that video and your experience (I used a LSV pointy tool), I was able to unscrew the inside ring and REinstall the screen that I poked out, and spun it back down snug with the pointy tool and i'm good to go the front end fits seamlessly! THANK YOU! :tup:

JoeMama

I wonder when HL will add that MP screen tip in the Fix thread to their "Tips".

So I'm here to second @travis 's recommendation in his post
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-grasshopper.18482/page-543#post-1055437

Regarding this leather case.

c7RUeMw.jpg

It's just perfect. In fact, HL can keep their leather cases, this one has got to be way better than what they will provide for "free". The leather is soft and buttery, and really snug. Now I can just slip the case in my back pocket without worrying about that fucking clip. I've already bent it once by accident (luckily it bent back). I don't put the hopper in with the clip on the outside like in this picture; I put the whole Hopper inside, including the clip. It goes nicely deep, and the clicker sits well protected but completely accessible.

So if anyone is looking for a nice solid sleeping bag for your Hopper, this is the one.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

it seems kind of dumb to even have a T1 setting
20131115230926-plants.jpg

Picture from the GHV indiegogo campaign. Cannabis isn't the only herb worth vaping on, extracting essential oils for inhalation offers better efficacy than most other methods (proper use is usually by tincture, which like with edibles is going to primarily be processed via the liver, changing active compounds with metabolising enzyme action into different chemicals, where vaping introduces them directly to the blood).
I don't imagine there are a lot of people out there vaping tangerine peel, but there are a lot of herbs out there, the more interesting ones aren't mentioned in the pic

And it's worth mentioning how tasty temp one hits can be with the right strain, there'd be enough released from cannabis to notice a mood change potentially too.

I've also never had any luck with fixing flickering blue lights, it seems to be primarily battery related in a working unit. My dodgy back end does it, no amount of adjusting fixes it and it performs inadequately. I'm still waiting on a replacement, I think the one sent out either was lost in the post or overlooked and never posted. This has been my most annoying HL experience yet, time to shoot another email...

JoeMama

20131115230926-plants.jpg

Picture from the GHV indiegogo campaign. Cannabis isn't the only herb worth vaping on, extracting essential oils for inhalation offers better efficacy than most other methods (proper use is usually by tincture, which like with edibles is going to primarily be processed via the liver, changing active compounds with metabolising enzyme action into different chemicals, where vaping introduces them directly to the blood).
I don't imagine there are a lot of people out there vaping tangerine peel, but there are a lot of herbs out there, the more interesting ones aren't mentioned in the pic

And it's worth mentioning how tasty temp one hits can be with the right strain, there'd be enough released from cannabis to notice a mood change potentially too.

I've also never had any luck with fixing flickering blue lights, it seems to be primarily battery related in a working unit. My dodgy back end does it, no amount of adjusting fixes it and it performs inadequately. I'm still waiting on a replacement, I think the one sent out either was lost in the post or overlooked and never posted. This has been my most annoying HL experience yet, time to shoot another email...
Well, I am very happy to say that I've learned something today. :tup:

While I'd always known (even talked about) how the hopper is useful for vaping other herbs, I'd been ignorant of the temps required for these non-cannabis herbs. I'd even been a bit perplexed over the idea of inhaling a cloud of, say, eucalyptus; didn't quite seem right. So I was obviously missing the idea that the detectable florals (assuming that's what the therapeutic ingredient is) may only need a bit of warmth to be efficiently extracted, and, that, possibly, using a "cloud-yielding" temperature would in fact definitely not be what one is after when vaping non-cannabis herbs.

So thanks, Molten! Now I'm even more interested in vaping other stuff, since I can now imagine that I'm not going for clouds (generally, at least) in those cases.

And that chart is great, too... I've seen others, but this one is just right. :tup:

Purple Lava Lamp

Edit:
HL could use a proof reader. In the 5 Tips, the Heading to #3 says Frim for firm, and in #4 midgate s/b mitigate. I know we're now in the "post-literate" age, but...

No kidding... these obvious errors make me cringe. Maybe because it's part of my day job to make sure my company's official marketing doesn't have glaring mistakes like this.

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
Speaking of 'herbs', anyone try Salvia in their grasshopper? Or any other vaporizer?

Elac,

MoltenTiger

Speaking of 'herbs', anyone try Salvia in their grasshopper? Or any other vaporizer?
The active compound in Salvia Divinorum is Salvinorin A, it has a boiling point of ~564°C and a flash point of ~295°C. Unfortunately, the Grasshopper, and probably every other commercial vaporizer, is unable to achieve the temps required

biohacker

The GH is simply insane....I love it! Got the technique down (not much to it, just used to other vapes), and my ABV is always perfect now! Wife is hitting it on 2-3, gets visible clouds and then I finish it off on 5 and whitewall city!

Already have wife approval for another SS and Ti! Don't think i've ever had 4 of the same vape before!

I am the 3rd owner of both of these vapes!

Last edited:

Bass Vaper

Happy to report that the new Blue Ti body came today. Best service I've received to date. Warranty request in on Fri, resolved by Tue. Kudos for a good job here. I haven't used it yet, will later.

The chargers they've had since Sat 11/26. The first reply back came Fri 12/2 that said (paraphrasing) 'got your package, it's sitting here with some others I haven't looked at yet'. Ha. They're still troubleshooting as of today.

Update is all. Not life altering.

JoeMama

No kidding... these obvious errors make me cringe. Maybe because it's part of my day job to make sure my company's official marketing doesn't have glaring mistakes like this.

Ditto... That thing called "spellcheck", even. I ask myself, "doesn't he/she see the little red squiggly line underneath those words on the screen?" This is among the many stupefying wonders that make my brain hurt.

I am the 3rd owner of both of these vapes!
Bio, you saying that those hoppers have been owned by two previous owners who didn't like them??
Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

biohacker

Bio, you saying that those hoppers have been owned by two previous owners who didn't like them??
Inquiring minds want to know.

Yep two forum members actually... just VAS type stuff, people like us have a far worse problem....in 6 months we'll probably trade our vapes back again! lol

Once I get settled in my new place I can't wait to get some milk vids up! I simply can't even believe how thick it milks up. Other than the e-nano, I don't think i've seen anything milk like it? EVO doesn't milk like that?!

D

Deleted member 23961

Not sure if anyone's said this yet, but flask funnels are the perfect fit for super easy loading. It stays in place with minimal force. Stainless steel so they match your grasshopper and they're very cheap on amazon. Plus if you flip it upside down, it makes for a makeshift dock.

hHY8b7H.jpg

P62zgkF.jpg

MoltenTiger

Looks like it should work according to this https://erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3139 as 277C is possible with linked vaporizer.
Interesting read.
It'd be worth trying it in the GH (if you have salvia readily available), it might work given the properties of salvinorin stated.
Vaping it might not be the most efficient way to use it, but it's hard to say if setting it on fire would actually be better.

biohacker

@TomatoChub Thanks for the flask funnel heads up! That's GOLD..... are they all pretty much standard size? Do you have a link for yours? I've been using a "smidgen" measure spoon with a tiny poker tool.

Pretty sure you can't properly load more than say 0.1g in the hopper with proper airflow?

I've also been noticing that airflow starts to get negatively affected on the hopper with a fine grind. A coarse grind wasn't getting the vape even, but i'm finding a medium consistency grind to work the best for me.

Mr. Me2

@TomatoChub Thanks for the flask funnel heads up! That's GOLD..... are they all pretty much standard size? Do you have a link for yours? I've been using a "smidgen" measure spoon with a tiny poker tool.

Pretty sure you can't properly load more than say 0.1g in the hopper with proper airflow?

I've also been noticing that airflow starts to get negatively affected on the hopper with a fine grind. A coarse grind wasn't getting the vape even, but i'm finding a medium consistency grind to work the best for me.
Have you seen @Ratchett's mini scoop and poker? It was designed for the gh and works great (I recommend using it with one of his gh stands).

Last night i tried it outside it was about 30 degrees. Could not make it work using all tricks. Got home. When it warmed up it worked normally. Almost for sure battery issues. I am surprised more people have not seen. Mine when cold showed red never blue and cop lights.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: biohacker

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
THIS JUST IN:

header.jpg

Grasshopper Monthly Newsletter
Check Out the Blog!

Hey Everyone,

Check out the new Hopper Labs Blog!

We now have a blog so we can communicate with you and the community on a larger, more frequent scale. We'll still be issuing a monthly update, but this blog is a chance for us to answer questions, give insight into how we built the Hopper, usage tips, and more.

Do you have something you want us to share or discuss? Email us at blog@grasshoppervape.com

The snow has arrived. Consider a Hopper for the Holidays!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Grasshopper Monthly Newsletter

Boulder, CO

Visit Our Website | Unsubscribe

JoeMama

Ohboyohboyohboy! Nice jump on the newsletter, @moondog !

As we are a "group" here, shall we consider nominating a FC Hopper Blogger?

Maybe we can assemble some "topics" and have it posted en masse? It sure would make it easy... for all of us except the one we nominate LOL:lol:

But I don't get the email address.. that's not a "blog". Far as I know, at least.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Ohboyohboyohboy! Nice jump on the newsletter, @moondog !

Aw shucks. 'T'weren't nothin'.

As we are a "group" here, shall we consider nominating a FC Hopper Blogger?

Maybe we can assemble some "topics" and have it posted en masse? It sure would make it easy... for all of us except the one we nominate LOL:lol:

But I don't get the email address.. that's not a "blog". Far as I know, at least.

Well, the time tested method for this sort of election is to "elect" the person who isn't at the meeting.:D

Anyway, I guess the email address is because the blog is on their website, but I don't know all that much about these newfangled internetty gizmos.:myday:

Top Bottom