Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

I ordered batteries the 31st and got a confirmation email saying thanks for pre ordering a GH (which I didn't do), and no tracking or word that it shipped. It said it would ship out instantly so I didn't think I had to add the note. Did I mess up or is this normal haha.
Got my invoice in the email tho and it was accurate.
I communicated with HL both times I got batteries from them, I recommend emailing them, it's been over a week at least

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Mine does this as well, don't think it's a function issue to be concerned with. Mine has always made the noise. I've noticed at times it's louder than others but doesn't affect usage. No, i don't think this is related to the theoretical arching issue.

The ticking sound is normal and is variable and is actually how the device became to be named "Grasshopper"

On another note, kudos to the grasshopper feeder again! It doesn't seem to be available on e-bay anymore. Hopefully just because its getting some revision to make it awesomer and I'll totally get that one too! I usually and prefer to just hand pick buds over a light fluffy grind, however the convenience of this feeder and that it really loads the perfect amount, loose and not too much, I find myself loading up the feeder for the day. I will say its not smell proof, I left it in my car yesterday and it definitely smelled like weed.

Apart from that I have to say I'm really impressed with the size. I thought I forgot it today and just a bit ago I reached my hand deep into my pocket looking for something else and there it was! Its very light and surprisingly small, I hope they come back on the market in this or another form!

Hawk

I ordered batteries on October 31. After a few days of status "In Progress" sent an email asking for status. About for days after the email Caroline replied saying that they were currently out of stock and will ship once they get them in. No date given.

Kermitt

Could anyone tell me the difference between the Honey and the Honey Tower? Thanks

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/the-honey-bubbler.html

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/bomb-tower-bubbler-b.html

The Honey Bubbler:
tall = 22 cm
Ø Base = 9 cm
Ø Body = 5 cm
Body high = 10 cm

Bomb Tower
tall = 33,5 cm
Ø Base = 10,5 cm
Ø Body = 5 cm
Body high = 19 cm

Take the "Tower Bubbler". Is bigger, but still handy. For the Tower Bubbler with the GH, you need an Adapter 18"male-->14"female

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The ticking sound is normal and is variable and is actually how the device became to be named "Grasshopper"

Now that's a cool little tidbit of hopper lore, right there.

On another note, kudos to the grasshopper feeder again! It doesn't seem to be available on e-bay anymore. Hopefully just because its getting some revision to make it awesomer and I'll totally get that one too! I hope they come back on the market in this or another form!

Ouch. Given the rave reviews they've been getting I gotta believe they're just between batches and we'll see more soon.

I ordered batteries on October 31. After a few days of status "In Progress" sent an email asking for status. About for days after the email Caroline replied saying that they were currently out of stock and will ship once they get them in. No date given.

Ouch again. Hopefully they're out of battery stock when it comes to sending out extras because they're holding on to what they have to send out with actual hopper orders. It would be a drag for hoppers to be further delayed by a lack of batteries.

Baron23

Do you think the GH with the silicone mouthpiece could fit the 18mm hole?
No, 18 mm is too big even with the silicone condom. Get a 14 mm adapter and you will be in clover :nod:

Also, wrt to the ticking sound...I have no first hand information but I believe this to be the pulse width modulation circuit which would be how they control power level (PWM is usually defined in terms of frequency but can also be defined as duty cycle %, that being the percentage of time that the circuit is in an on state). Very common in digital design...I just don't know why all of them don't do it (well, I'm near deaf so mine may be doing it and I wouldn't know LOL) or why it would be louder then softer at different times.

Gramin

My GH will be getting used again after a near 3 month hiatus. Will be very interesting to see how my 5 batteries have handled a period of none use. I did leave them charged and I will charge them again before use. Hope they still work!

JoeMama

Thanks, we so obviously need all the good vibes and wishes we can muster today.

I'm not that big on the politics as such, but I love me some music, and Bruce Springsteen did a nice job last night at rally in front of Independence Hall. Check out his 2nd number, youtube available, 'Long Walk Home' he called it a prayer for America going forward. He has this knack for blending a forlorn love story and larger social statement that resonates for me.

I know this isn't on-topic, but I'm hoping for an 'end times' exception today.
I would say it's very on-topic as in: "Reasons to use your hopper - a lot."
..HAVE tu use...I think *grin*
To stay OT, I promise to use my Hopper responsibly if everyone agrees to end the prohibiti
giant puss-filled cheeto
Please don't put him on a pedestal like that. :)
:rofl::clap::lmao::lol::rofl:Ah, this place is great! :rofl::clap::lmao::lol::rofl:

And let's not forget Jon Stewart's spot-on "Fuck Von Clownstick".

Forgive the broad-brush, but the last page or so of posts have had several contributions from our non-US friends here; and I want to thank all of you for your empathy during this what could be the Season Finale of 'Merica.

On another note, kudos to the grasshopper feeder again! It doesn't seem to be available on e-bay anymore. Hopefully just because its getting some revision to make it awesomer and I'll totally get that one too! I usually and prefer to just hand pick buds over a light fluffy grind, however the convenience of this feeder and that it really loads the perfect amount, loose and not too much, I find myself loading up the feeder for the day. I will say its not smell proof, I left it in my car yesterday and it definitely smelled like weed.

Apart from that I have to say I'm really impressed with the size. I thought I forgot it today and just a bit ago I reached my hand deep into my pocket looking for something else and there it was! Its very light and surprisingly small, I hope they come back on the market in this or another form!

The Feeder has been growing on me and I'm glad I bought 2 if there are no more currently selling. I can't believe it'd be anything more than a pause in production; this is a nice product, and I hope it comes back for those who haven't taken that plunge (pun definitely intended).

For several weeks or more, I've been having consistently good experiences with my 2 Ti's. I'm still on my first 6 GHB-1 batteries (rotated among the 2 hoppers), using at least 3 batteries a day. No discernible signs of capacity degradation.

Bass Vaper

They said the body on my blue Ti crapped out. They also don't have any in right now to send me a fixed one back. I asked for them to send the SS back in the meantime......crickets.

Caroline says she's the sole customer service rep there, and that she thinks she's handling things just fine. With over 3k units, one customer service rep? Good lord. 3 weeks of having the units and still no resolution.

Doing it solid, those Hopper Labs chaps.

Bass Vaper,

Purple Lava Lamp

RamsPanthers_GH.jpg

Kickoff of the Rams-Panthers game at the LA Coliseum... loving the stealth of the GH in places like this! :tup: and the way the Rams' season is going lately, I need the GH with me at games!

moondog

Awfully silent here today...

Also, US citizens, you may want to purchase everything you want from DHGate very soon.
As much as I love Python, I wish I could be anything but horrified and miserable. The combination of lack of sleep and the realization of what's happened here has left me a zombie.

World, I am so, so sorry that America has chosen this crucial moment to suck so hard, so long, and so completely.

I'm bouncing between this and this. Unfortunately, it's still too new and raw so it's mostly the former.

I am so miserable that I'm afraid to use my hopper. The last thing I need now is a fear/horror-induced bad reaction to my favorite plant. (Does that count as on-topic?)

moondog

We'll be ok.

I choose to think of it as America voting for change of the system, not for a buffoon.

I hope there are no cop lights on anyone's Hopper today. That would be cruel.
Yes, the system needs to change and I appreciate the helpful sentiment but so, so many people will not be OK as a result of the racism and misogyny that's been openly embraced by the people who voted for a President Trump (who has proven himself to be much worse than just a buffoon), a fully Repub congress, an overwhelmingly conservative roster of state governors, and by extension a solidly conservative supreme court. And this shit's not stay contained within our borders.

I know I'm not saying anything helpful, I apologize for the OT spewing, and moderators, I promise I will now stop. It's just that today, you folks are the only ones I can talk to.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
As much as I love Python, I wish I could be anything but horrified and miserable. The combination of lack of sleep and the realization of what's happened here has left me a zombie.

World, I am so, so sorry that America has chosen this crucial moment to suck so hard, so long, and so completely.

I'm bouncing between this and this. Unfortunately, it's still too new and raw so it's mostly the former.

I am so miserable that I'm afraid to use my hopper. The last thing I need now is a fear/horror-induced bad reaction to my favorite plant. (Does that count as on-topic?)
I've done almost nothing but hopping all day, got out the strong meds last night.

We'll be ok.

I choose to think of it as America voting for change of the system, not for a buffoon.

I hope there are no cop lights on anyone's Hopper today. That would be cruel.
There'll be no need for changing any system; with all branches of gov'mint sewed up they'll be firing on all cylinders.

To put icing on the cake, we'll have some AG like Rudy Guiliani giving the hairy eyeball to to states' legal stances on cannabis (while he's not busy prosecuting HRC!). Forward, into the past we go, on so many levels.

Purple Lava Lamp

Funny– I actually brought my hopper to work with me today for the first time. I don't usually medicate during work hours, but today I need it to tame the anxiety... I haven't been able to even bring myself to look at the news or social media yet. I'm procrastinating on my acceptance of this new reality. I came here to think about the good ol days when my major concern in life was GHL delaying my Grasshopper order.

I've also been watching this over and over:

JoeMama

With all respect, I was hoping FC would be a place I could come to escape the political talk.
With all due respect back, I have found more than information on this forum. I've found a sort of friendship with many here. And, like we share the great movie we saw while we we're vaping, we share the fucked up world experiences we live while we're vaping as well.

So, if we treat this like a business lunch, where you can't write it off unless you talk shop, allow me:

The last thing I did last night was hit my hopper with some Deathstar indica, just before I realized how I will be spending the next several days dealing with the shame I feel for my country. Then I woke up at 3AM and took another hit and immediately got flashing red lights. So I changed the battery and then it worked again. Went back to sleep crying.

This morning packed my Feeder and loaded up some Bruce Banner for a jaunt into NYC to walk a trade show for business. This was the first "out in the big crowds" kind of thing I've done with the hopper where I'd see people I know who have no clue I'm a weed activist. But I was in such a fucking pissed and disappointed mood, that I just clipped to my pocket, with a pen along side it, and thought, "fuck all ya'll." It was beautiful knowing how stealthy this thing is. I'm so glad I brought it with me, because it was so depressing talking to nearly everyone... including the Uber driver who had tears in his eyes. I needed to vape and go into my own world of thought and keep connected to myself, what I was feeling, thinking about how the world might change. And the one joy I felt was in knowing that all the States that had a certain level of legalization proposed, passed them! But then I was depressed again when I realized the new Administration will take us back 30 years. Just trying to stay OT here, of course, but I'm an activist for weed, and between Trump, Giuliani and Christi, all who are against weed in the most severe terms, it doesn't look good that it will ever get off the Schedule 1 list.

And then, finally, I thought, could there have been anyone who loves weed as much as I do, who would have voted for a pus-filled Cheeto? I haven't met one yet. And, would a pus-filled Cheeto own a Grasshopper?

So, yeah, @Office_Printer , we shouldn't talk politics... But we can talk Facts and the emotions that ensue, which in-turn pertain to how the Hopper might be instrumental in ministering to. And some of us are friends who may occasionally go OT.

To answer the other posts, as to be appropriately OT (that is, the topic we are on at the moment).

Yes, the system needs to change and I appreciate the helpful sentiment but so, so many people will not be OK as a result of the racism and misogyny that's been openly embraced by the people who voted for a President Trump (who has proven himself to be much worse than just a buffoon), a fully Repub congress, an overwhelmingly conservative roster of state governors, and by extension a solidly conservative supreme court. And this shit's not stay contained within our borders.

I know I'm not saying anything helpful, I apologize for the OT spewing, and moderators, I promise I will now stop. It's just that today, you folks are the only ones I can talk to.

Moon, even though I was around lots of people today, none of them are pro-weed, and likewise, I as well had no one but you folks to talk to all day. I don't know about anyone else, but weed balances my emotional system. I can express anger while laughing at it at the same time. Suffice to say, and as I assume weed does not mix with puss-filled Cheetos, we are, most of us, feeling quite the same, as we even take comfort from our overseas buddies.

EDIT: Thanks re those links that you're vacillating between. I'm going with the this .

I've done almost nothing but hopping all day, got out the strong meds last night.
To put icing on the cake, we'll have some AG like Rudy Guiliani giving the hairy eyeball to to states' legal stances on cannabis (while he's not busy prosecuting HRC!). Forward, into the past we go, on so many levels.

I feel you, Vap.

Funny– I actually brought my hopper to work with me today for the first time. I don't usually medicate during work hours, but today I need it to tame the anxiety... I haven't been able to even bring myself to look at the news or social media yet. I'm procrastinating on my acceptance of this new reality. I came here to think about the good ol days when my major concern in life was GHL delaying my Grasshopper order.

I've also been watching this over and over:

So fuckin' on the money.

I'm thinking Nero was on to something.

And finally, a note to Mods... Thank you. We sincerely respect your duties and, as I hope you might discern, are trying to be cool about what affects all of our lives.

Last edited:

moondog

With all due respect back, I have found more than information on this forum. I've found a sort of friendship with many here. And, like we share the great movie we saw while we we're vaping, we share the fucked up world experiences we live while we're vaping as well.

So, if we treat this like a business lunch, where you can't write it off unless you talk shop, allow me:

The last thing I did last night was hit my hopper with some Deathstar indica, just before I realized how I will be spending the next several days dealing with the shame I feel for my country. Then I woke up at 3AM and took another hit and immediately got flashing red lights. So I changed the battery and then it worked again. Went back to sleep crying.

This morning packed my Feeder and loaded up some Bruce Banner for a jaunt into NYC to walk a trade show for business. This was the first "out in the big crowds" kind of thing I've done with the hopper where I'd see people I know who have no clue I'm a weed activist. But I was in such a fucking pissed and disappointed mood, that I just clipped to my pocket, with a pen along side it, and thought, "fuck all ya'll." It was beautiful knowing how stealthy this thing is. I'm so glad I brought it with me, because it was so depressing talking to nearly everyone... including the Uber driver who had tears in his eyes. I needed to vape and go into my own world of thought and keep connected to myself, what I was feeling, thinking about how the world might change. And the one joy I felt was in knowing that all the States that had a certain level of legalization proposed, passed them! But then I was depressed again when I realized the new Administration will take us back 30 years. Just trying to stay OT here, of course, but I'm an activist for weed, and between Trump, Giuliani and Christi, all who are against weed in the most severe terms, it doesn't look good that it will ever get off the Schedule 1 list.

And then, finally, I thought, could there have been anyone who loves weed as much as I do, who would have voted for a puss-filled Cheeto? I haven't met one yet. And, would a puss-filled Cheeto own a Grasshopper?

So, yeah, @Office_Printer , we shouldn't talk politics... But we can talk Facts and the emotions that ensue, which in-turn pertain to how the Hopper might be instrumental in ministering to. And some of us are friends who may occasionally go OT.

To answer the other posts, as to be appropriately OT (that is, the topic we are on at the moment).

Moon, even though I was around lots of people today, none of them are pro-weed, and likewise, I as well had no one but you folks to talk to all day. I don't know about anyone else, but weed balances my emotional system. I can express anger while laughing at it at the same time. Suffice to say, and as I assume weed does not mix with puss-filled Cheetos, we are, most of us, feeling quite the same, as we even take comfort from our overseas buddies.

EDIT: Thanks re those links that you're vacillating between. I'm going with the this .

I feel you, Vap.

So fuckin' on the money.

I'm thinking Nero was on to something.

And finally, a note to Mods... Thank you. We sincerely respect your duties and, as I hope you might discern, are trying to be cool about what affects all of our lives.
Thank you Joe. Marvelous post in every way.

This whole arc (small portion of thread?) has been helpful, so thanks everyone.

I was having a rough day. No sleep and the rolling waves of awareness about what last night's results say about this country - past and future - combined to leave me in a pretty rough way. (I barely survived Bush's re-election and I was a lot younger and stronger then.) Then my son called to chat; tell me about his first day on his new job; his grad work; his wife; etc. We also commiserated about last night and he told me about the following tweet he's seen. Sorry I'm not gonna get the image in here, but here's the text, from a guy named Brian Pedaci:

Britain: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.

USA: Hold my beer.

I laughed out loud for 20 full seconds and since then it's been a bit better. My poor wife still had to listen to some truly pathetic catastrophizing, but she's used to it (see the aforementioned Bush years). But I got to a point this evening where I could break out the hopper and apply some Dr. Grinspoon. The doctor is very good at what he does.

Now I'm gonna head up to bed and try to sleep. Tomorrow will be my first time out of the house since D-Day (D is for Drumpf) as I head out to my one day of "work" a week. I can be fairly certain I will be in a "safe zone" since it's the local food co-op, but I'm still going to be confronted with a lot of tough stuff on the way there and I'm trying to gird myself for it.

Anyway, my point is - and I know it's not a new one - despite my initial reflex always being to withdraw, pull back when shit like this goes down, it's probably connections that will get us through this. Family, friends, community. Wherever you may find them, grab hold and build something together.:peace:

JoeMama

Right on, @moondog .

And that quote is spot-on. Well you know there's this popular book of fiction that says quite wisely - among many other crazy things - "Pride goeth before the fall...".

Keep with your insight that there is community where you seek it. PM me anytime you got that need to reach out to re-remember you're not crazy for feeling that sense of nausea for what half the country thinks is "great". I live with that all the time.

And, finally, I would like to share my personal Mantra, given to me by a Zen monk I'd met at the gas station. It has great power when combined with meditation and bigly doses of Dr. Grinspoon:

"Please let there be aliens. Please let there be aliens. Please let there be aliens. "

Top Bottom