Discontinued The Grasshopper

Office_Printer

With all due respect back, I have found more than information on this forum. I've found a sort of friendship with many here. And, like we share the great movie we saw while we we're vaping, we share the fucked up world experiences we live while we're vaping as well.

So, if we treat this like a business lunch, where you can't write it off unless you talk shop, allow me:

The last thing I did last night was hit my hopper with some Deathstar indica, just before I realized how I will be spending the next several days dealing with the shame I feel for my country. Then I woke up at 3AM and took another hit and immediately got flashing red lights. So I changed the battery and then it worked again. Went back to sleep crying.

This morning packed my Feeder and loaded up some Bruce Banner for a jaunt into NYC to walk a trade show for business. This was the first "out in the big crowds" kind of thing I've done with the hopper where I'd see people I know who have no clue I'm a weed activist. But I was in such a fucking pissed and disappointed mood, that I just clipped to my pocket, with a pen along side it, and thought, "fuck all ya'll." It was beautiful knowing how stealthy this thing is. I'm so glad I brought it with me, because it was so depressing talking to nearly everyone... including the Uber driver who had tears in his eyes. I needed to vape and go into my own world of thought and keep connected to myself, what I was feeling, thinking about how the world might change. And the one joy I felt was in knowing that all the States that had a certain level of legalization proposed, passed them! But then I was depressed again when I realized the new Administration will take us back 30 years. Just trying to stay OT here, of course, but I'm an activist for weed, and between Trump, Giuliani and Christi, all who are against weed in the most severe terms, it doesn't look good that it will ever get off the Schedule 1 list.

And then, finally, I thought, could there have been anyone who loves weed as much as I do, who would have voted for a pus-filled Cheeto? I haven't met one yet. And, would a pus-filled Cheeto own a Grasshopper?

So, yeah, @Office_Printer , we shouldn't talk politics... But we can talk Facts and the emotions that ensue, which in-turn pertain to how the Hopper might be instrumental in ministering to. And some of us are friends who may occasionally go OT.

To answer the other posts, as to be appropriately OT (that is, the topic we are on at the moment).

Moon, even though I was around lots of people today, none of them are pro-weed, and likewise, I as well had no one but you folks to talk to all day. I don't know about anyone else, but weed balances my emotional system. I can express anger while laughing at it at the same time. Suffice to say, and as I assume weed does not mix with puss-filled Cheetos, we are, most of us, feeling quite the same, as we even take comfort from our overseas buddies.

EDIT: Thanks re those links that you're vacillating between. I'm going with the this .

I feel you, Vap.

So fuckin' on the money.

I'm thinking Nero was on to something.

And finally, a note to Mods... Thank you. We sincerely respect your duties and, as I hope you might discern, are trying to be cool about what affects all of our lives.
But does the political talk have to take place in the grasshopper thread? Surely there are other places on FC this discussion is more appropriate.

MoltenTiger

So apparently my Ti back-end is still in transit. Pretty keen to get it back so I can have a proper double whammy. The times make it a necessity!

Wild times, but they would have been either way. The rest of the world too will be feeling this tectonic shift for some time.
It's always important to remember things could be worse, some of you can at least legally fill your hoppers with Deathstar indica to ease the pain. I believe it could be even longer until I experience that, with our government and general world progression being drawn and quarted by a questionably intelligent, conservative and isolationist sector.
But, with China testing UN policies in the South China see, Clinton's beef with Russia, and ISIS wreaking havoc with hesitative remediation, the government you guys have opted for could be more stable as time plays out.
The even division highlights the undesirability either way, it should not promote a race war!
Change is necessary and this route offers it, at the very least.
We're in a preliminary period before true global order and consistent politics can be realised, the seasons as we recognise them are changing, the oceans are turning acidic, the currents have been disrupted and radiation is polluting at an alarming rate.
It's important to be concerned over the bigger problems first, here's hoping that a few years of policy shift/disruption will allow us to address these real issues. Disparity is distracting, but it's here to stay.

And in the meantime I hope that weed and hoppers become mandatory. I don't know about Americas elite, but in general alcohol and it's chemical changes implemented to the brain and body have a lot to answer for. People are fucked up, yet we know how to get fucked up safely. So much could do with a retune, at least it's clear today that people want this, but it's also clear we have no idea how to do it.

Electing Trump is like jumping in a car before it crashes, at the very least it's going in the right direction. A bit of disruption usually makes for a safer driver. The world needs to recalibrate its sensors and figure its shit out.

This discussion is best suited to the lounge. There's plenty more random discussion throughout this thread though, and the last few hundred pages are mostly rehashed, besides a few tidbits here and there. But if a mod feels the need, it'll happen, and if anyone wants further discussion, it might be most respectful to start a new thread as I'm sure plenty of other people would be interested in the topic too

mephisto

Yes, all due respect lets take the political hand wringing to the Fuck You thread. I have a tough day today that will start with a Hopper session. It will be an all day micro hit support type thing for me.
I can feel a difference in the v1 battery vs. my v2 battery. The older power cells that I have don't last very long any more at all.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm afraid the Fuck You Thread is what it's all going to boil down to...on a lot of levels.

I personally would not participate in a dedicated political thread. Much the same reason I don't post on social media (FC excepted, but this is for Science!).

For my part, I apologize if the talk has annoyed anyone. Some of us have not been this confused/distraught/what-the-fucked? since the 'conflict overseas'.

I wrote a cathartic 'letter' to some friends/family while awake most of last night. Not cheery, not optimistic, just a release and some local observations.

If anyone wants to read an excerpt, I would respond to a pm and include you in a "Conversation" for purposes of reading what I wrote. i may or may not be interested in protracted dialog...

I also appreciate the consideration and great patience displayed by our Mods, while I agree that we should turn back to the serious business of Fucking Combustion.

EDIT, @MoltenTiger I've never seen this spoiler alert feature, or might have also used it here...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've been trying hard to keep my buzz, hopping like crazy.
Wondered for the umpteenth time, "Am I doing this wrong? Has my Hopper started to fuck up again?" Just not getting to that relaxed level I so need. Wrong grind?
Then I took a break and stepped outside. Took a minute to realize there's something in the air here today.

Bass Vaper

I think I'd be ok with another company picking up the concept and design of the hopper, then seeing Hopper Labs go out of business.

Anyone looking to buy a Hopper, think twice. I'm going to get rid of these. A person can only endure so much buffoonery. Well, at this point I'm the buffoon.

radiant34

I think I'd be ok with another company picking up the concept and design of the hopper, then seeing Hopper Labs go out of business.

Anyone looking to buy a Hopper, think twice. I'm going to get rid of these. A person can only endure so much buffoonery. Well, at this point I'm the buffoon.
think it's just your luck. i've had great customer experience with these guys.

Kasish

rMojnWS.jpg

Well it took some time but my girl in Thailand went on and made a couple of these mouthpieces, if any of u are interested pm me. (if im breaking some kind of terms of use im sry)

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
rMojnWS.jpg

Well it took some time but my girl in Thailand went on and made a couple of these mouthpieces, if any of u are interested pm me. (if im breaking some kind of terms of use im sry)

This is without doubt the neatest cooling solution that I've seen so far, well done :tup:

I've been thinking of selling my hopper for a while now, but a cooler like this might just change my opinion enough to keep it instead, so I'm definitely interested, PM'd.

duff

Well worn

I don't blame you. It sounds like you've gone through the wringer.

Bass Vaper

I don't blame you. It sounds like you've gone through the wringer.

Thx man.

For those of you having good luck with them, that's awesome. I wish no ill will on any end user. It's a great vape when it works. The ones I had just didn't work very well, very often, or with any consistency.

I'm more just bummed with how much they've pretty much said "fuck off kid" to me. I was super nice and patient up until about warranty request #9. I mean, I bought four of these fucking things. That's a decent spend.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thx man.

For those of you having good luck with them, that's awesome. I wish no I'll will on any end user. It's a great vape when it works. The ones I had just didn't work very well, very often, or with any consistency.

I'm more just bummed with how much they've pretty much said "fuck off kid" to me. I was super nice and patient up until about warranty request #9. I mean, I bought four of these fucking things. That's a decent spend.
Hey, I feel for you, as I get closer to your number of returns, having bought several...

One of the contingency plans I consider is just putting one or two away for a year or so, then revisit and maybe it'll be a different/better story. A time capsule to a better Hopper future. Or not! But it's an easy path.

In the meantime, I still love the things and I will endorse "service" at HL fully. I've had nothing but good interactions and turnarounds. I'm sorry to hear you have been not been taken care of.

JoeMama

I like that mouthpiece, also... ordering a couple. It really seems like a perfect little add-on to cool the vapor just enough.
I'm going to order a couple of more silicon mouthpieces from GH as well'; it looks like this glass stem piece will hold onto the silicon inside itself, so I won't have to bother fishing it out if I need it for anything is I keep a spare or two.

joined the club....more batteries on the way.

2d8hoib.jpg

Hey welcome to the club, Splitz! I like that little case with the zipper.
I have Ratchett's leather case, which is a really nice product; Yours might work best for me on a regular basis... Where'd you buy it?

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I like that mouthpiece, also... ordering a couple. It really seems like a perfect little add-on to cool the vapor just enough.
I'm going to order a couple of more silicon mouthpieces from GH as well'; it looks like this glass stem piece will hold onto the silicon inside itself, so I won't have to bother fishing it out if I need it for anything is I keep a spare or two.

I have Ratchett's leather case, which is a really nice product; Yours might work best for me on a regular basis... Where'd you buy it?

Here's the case I'm using to hold my hopper family. Zippers feel nice and sturdy without any sticking points. Added bonus: The GHL sticker looks pretty sweet on the front of the case. One friend commented on what a nice branded case GHL provided.

Sorry I can't post a pic but it nicely holds:

-My two hoppers
-Two silicon condoms (one with a MFLB stem attached)
-3 Extra batteries with Ratchett caps on 'em
-One Ratchett mini-hopper/doob-tube funnel
-1 charging cable

I could replace one of the hoppers with a nicely filled doob tube for extended travelling. The case is a bit too big for pocketing a single hopper while out just for a particular event. I will probably get a smaller version for that purpose. Seems like Ratchett's leather case might be good for this as well but I'm concerned that getting the hopper in and out of the case involves unrolling the whole thing which seems a little too conspicuous for the situations in which I'd use it. (Theaters, concerts, etc.)

Continuing on the VAAS theme, I'm REALLY digging my homemade vapor path extender. Vapor Brothers glass whip stem and mouthpiece attached to each other by 3/4" of tubing so that they are nestled up to each other. With the GH condom in place the hopper fits snugly into the whip and creates a solid seal.

I have found that if I leave the hopper on for the first 7 seconds of my draw (up from my original 5), and then keep drawing for another 7-10 seconds after turning the hopper off, I get enormously satisfying clouds with no heat issues. If I'm coughing, it's from too much vapor rather than too much heat.

The only downside is that my whip+mouthpiece extender is a bit too long to fit in my current travel case. But if I removed the mouthpiece and used only the glass stem itself, that would fit, so there's a workaround.

Looks like Kasish's glass extender will provide the same benefits. Well done!!

JoeMama

Hey, Moon.... I've seen those cases; it seems like Splitz's case is the Goldilocks case; the two you mentioned are either too wide or too long, and his is right in the middle. Although your bigger one would fit more stuff. I just need something to fit the hopper and a battery or two typically.

If it wasn't for the screw-caps on that 3D case (the one with the battery sleeve, etc), it would be perfect. I hate having to unscrew and worry about caps.

Now, however... now that the Feeder is something I'm starting to want to use more, I wonder if I could fit the hopper, 2 batteries, and the Feeder in that case, @splitz ... it looks like it could fit with the built-in height based on its design. That'd be a winner. I just like the squareness of your case, too.

I'm off to see The Machine... they're a Pink Floyd tribute band. Got the hopper loaded :tup:

splitz

@JoeMama - my case came from here:
https://www.fendrihan.ca/products/sonnenleder-boll-pen-and-pencil-leather-case-natural

b8775u.jpg

Gift Certificate from last Xmas well spent IMHO.... Like the Hopper, it's an investment... Case can now keep up with the Hoppers lifetime warranty.

Bottom left is my "sipper" mouthpiece (aka the worlds smallest whip). It's an Aromed glass mouthpiece attached to 3/4" length of silicone whip tubing. Decoupled from heat to save the lips..FTW

Have to say I am not impressed with the GH battery lifespan....

Last edited:
Top Bottom