Discontinued The Grasshopper

ean

haven't really chimed in here recently, but my grasshopper has had no major issues in the 4 months I've been using it. I use it usually 3~ times a day, usually at level 5 through my water piece. My lights are a little funky now, i have more of a purple light showing then a blue one, not really sure why but i like it lol. Overall, i really enjoy this little guy, and im a forever grateful to the person who sold it to me secondhand.

Milkytime

haven't really chimed in here recently, but my grasshopper has had no major issues in the 4 months I've been using it. I use it usually 3~ times a day, usually at level 5 through my water piece. My lights are a little funky now, i have more of a purple light showing then a blue one, not really sure why but i like it lol. Overall, i really enjoy this little guy, and im a forever grateful to the person who sold it to me secondhand.

Glad to see you are not haveing any issues. I would like to see more posts from people like this who are not having issues to get an idea of how often they occur. I assume the failure rate is lower than what we hear because we only hear the bad news most often.

Skored

I just received my Hopper just under a week ago. After using it, I stumbled upon a desired feature. And then I remembered it was mentioned way many pages ago, and I just forgot it since so much time had passed. Getting it down here again for all you newish hopper users.

Use the device as a momentary switch
Push and hold the switch just up to the resistance before the click. Then release it when you're done.

Clicking the device on requires some effort depending on how you're holding the device. The momentary action makes those situations easier.

Advantages
  • It allows you to easily turn off the device mid way through your rip. I want my device to cool down fast for a subsequent hit, and so I like to turn off the Hopper mid way through the draw. It's tough to "click" off the device while inhaling (although it is possible).
  • This momentary switch has no sound. That click is freakin loud! While I do like the sound of it, there are times when being quiet has it's place.

Since discovering this, I've been that much more pleased about the functionality of this device. It's versatile in a way.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I just received my Hopper just under a week ago. After using it, I stumbled upon a desired feature. And then I remembered it was mentioned way many pages ago, and I just forgot it since so much time had passed. Getting it down here again for all you newish hopper users.

Use the device as a momentary switch
Push and hold the switch just up to the resistance before the click. Then release it when you're done.

Clicking the device on requires some effort depending on how you're holding the device. The momentary action makes those situations easier.

Advantages
  • It allows you to easily turn off the device mid way through your rip. I want my device to cool down fast for a subsequent hit, and so I like to turn off the Hopper mid way through the draw. It's tough to "click" off the device while inhaling (although it is possible).
  • This momentary switch has no sound. That click is freakin loud! While I do like the sound of it, there are times when being quiet has it's place.

Since discovering this, I've been that much more pleased about the functionality of this device. It's versatile in a way.
Good thing to bring up for stealth purposes. Just tried to do it with my Ti and I noticed the backend got warm. I have never noticed any heat on the backend with my Ti. I wonder if using it this way is causing it because when I click it, it does get warm at all.

EdE80

Wasn't there someone here that had to adjust the clicker on the backend to get it to heat up right? Could be related

EdE80,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Just tried to do it with my Ti and I noticed the backend got warm. I have never noticed any heat on the backend with my Ti

I believe someone else on this thread was having issues with half clicks.
And seeing as you are only getting a hot back end when you half click, I would probably advise against it in your case

I would probably email grasshopper labs and confirm they approve of half clicks.

Skored

Good thing to bring up for stealth purposes. Just tried to do it with my Ti and I noticed the backend got warm. I have never noticed any heat on the backend with my Ti. I wonder if using it this way is causing it because when I click it, it does get warm at all.
I haven't noticed a hotter backend. I'll keep an eye out for it. I have a grey TI.

FizzNuggets

Still going strong... One of my favorite nearby spots... Sorry if pic doesn't show, having trouble with direct links showing pics..

BD_jjgPtRS2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD_jjgPtRS2/
If pic doesn't work^^

Vape Dr.

Hello all!
Just checking in with an update with my SS hopper #12XX.

All is well and good I am happy to say. :)

I have been enjoying my hopper with a small mod I did.
I used:
1/2" piece of silicone
1 screen that covers the top of the oven with MP off
1 SSV glass MP

The flavor is amazing and the draws are much cooler. :nod:
I can also turn it down to 2-2.5 with great results!

Still loving the hopper and it is still working well after many, many months of constant use dry and through bubblers.

Also I want to state that I have only been using the USB to charge the batteries in the hopper and it always takes less than 30 minutes to fully charge a dead battery.:tup:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey there Sunday skool! :wave:

This 20+ year old carved pipe that I would always imaginatively refer to as 'The Peace Pipe' :rolleyes: is working beautifully for me when I'm chilling at home & want a dry, yet extra smooth, laid back Grasshopper hit - laced with a smack of nostalgia, of course . . . .
3Ja7pB6.jpg

And boy-oh-boy does it take me back! :nod: . . .
tvySe3l.jpg
It's such a lovely feeling to repurpose a long held combustion pipe for vaping.

New lamps for old! ;)

Yes yes y'all! I'm still Hoppin hella highÑhard!
6H7IAFo.jpg

:ko:

MuchLoveEverytime.

:peace:

MoltenTiger

The MFLB stems make great GH attachments, they fit in snug and do what some desire. (direct draw is nicest with bare Ti IMO)
t7iwie.jpg

Best advice though: portable charging sans tether
211a2qf.jpg

This Rapoo P500 10400mAh powerbank matches well with a dual Universal Li-ion cylinder charger.
It uses about 6-8% of its capacity per battery charged.
I can usually only get 2 chambers out of one battery, if I'm trying to get dark brown AVB.
However, if power is limited, I can get more clouds into me at the price of less thorough extraction.
2s1apue.jpg

There's the majority of AVB I've put through my hopper. On top is an intact nug for reference.
The slight green that is showing in amongst the rest, is brown and crispy in person, but this shows the varying levels of extraction the GH can offer. A key take-away point would be how consistent each piece is in colour with itself.

I've had the pleasure of using the Mighty since owning a GH, and if a direct draw device is what's desired, then this more premium device is the better option. The flavour is ongoing with the Mighy, where as the hopper definitely degrades this experience at higher temps.

For vapour bongs though, the hopper rules. Noticeably thicker vapour and faster onset. A couple of times with packed out chambers I've been almost certain the hopper has started combusting, only to check, once after a couple of bongs later, to find even, golden AVB.
It's pretty amazing.

delloy

Seems as if all the updates have stopped on Facebook. They were posting them roughly once a week and getting lots of bad press/feedback in them over delivery estimates etc etc. Nothing has been posted now since 24th March :(

delloy,
Some nice thai man makes them, takes him 10 min charges150 baht. I guess any guy who works with glass in the us can make them aswell.
Cools the vapor by 90% id say...
Was hoping for an easier answer because I love the way your glass pairs with the GH. Really sleek. Looks like it could've come straight from GL. Hope I can find something similar. Good thing is I'll certainly have a long time to look for one before my hopper arrives.

spacebuckette,
Reactions: Vapetrees

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
tt grasshopper no 2 on its way back to vapefiend, red blue flashing light again, sure they will take care of it as they always do , great customer service, never let me down yet

diddymao,
Top Bottom