Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Glad they appreciate the Reddit community.
And what are we, chopped liver?

I do look forward to another estimate! I wasn't doin' anything anyways...so it helps the waiting...

Announcing a date change makes last week's date-shift seem odd.

Please, HL, kidding aside, and now that we know you're listening, take your time and do a nice job. I also want mine to last forever. My grand son might appreciate it.

Tommy10

Train crash continues! Haha. Dunno if they are trolling, or genuinely thought a heartfelt REDDIT appeal would go down well.... Least they seem to be trying, probably got the wind blown up them by PayPal fraud department.

Tommy10,

EdE80

I sent an email asking about a replacement front end, mine has some scuffing already, for my grey Ti. I was pretty happy to hear that if I do want to replace it, it'll be $25, and they can provide it immediately. I was half expecting a wait time, or even having to wait until preorders are caught up. Just passing the info along

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I sent an email asking about a replacement front end, mine has some scuffing already, for my grey Ti. I was pretty happy to hear that if I do want to replace it, it'll be $25, and they can provide it immediately. I was half expecting a wait time, or even having to wait until preorders are caught up. Just passing the info along
Good news! I think this is a first report of single part availability.

Dear HL
I'd like to order;
1 replacement front end, green Ti
1 replacement body, plain Ti
1 replacement backend, blue Ti

I would accept color substitutions if I could get these right away...
Thanks!

EdE80

Dear HL
I'd like to order;

Thanks!

My dark grey Ti has some marks on the backend from un/screwing the clip section back on and off, I did almost ask if it could be replaced....

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Dear HL
I'd like to order;

Thanks!

What about a battery..? Or do you really wanna try to write with that thing? :D ;)

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I don't believe this question's come up before, but has anyone here taken a GH through a TSA check?

It goes through TSA fine, I've taken many flights with it, definitely put it in your carry on!

Also,@mulciber, it will as a general rule set of metal detectors so for example if I'm at the State Capitol I put my grasshopper in the bin with my keys and iPad etc. I remembered that when I got to the Capitol this morning.

Grasshopper hides best in plain sight, no wonders why you accidentally put your pen in with your other things, some may wonder why you're trying to be sneaky with a metal pen.

Last edited:

AgentXero

Is it not a great idea to get an anodized unit? I have a dark grey ordered and don't want to see any big/noticeable scratches or scuff marks.

AgentXero,
Reactions: Thcgos

MoltenTiger

I have an anodised unit on preorder, I think it will be worth it for the look and feel.
However, my plain Ti has a collection of scuffs and scratches. On the plain metal it's hardly noticeable, but my blue unit will be living in a case for sure.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I have an anodised unit on preorder, I think it will be worth it for the look and feel.
However, my plain Ti has a collection of scuffs and scratches. On the plain metal it's hardly noticeable, but my blue unit will be living in a case for sure.

I've had my blue Ti for I'm actually not sure, maybe 6 or 7 months now and I definitely have scratches fading etc. I have a SS also but the Ti gets probably 80% of my use which is all day eerday.

I actually like the aging look so I hope this one keeps working for a long time. That said if you don't or don't think you'd like an aged look overtime then I'd go with SS or regular Ti

Re: TSA -
like @slcbdco said, personal vaporizers are specifically mentioned in the TSA rules, and only allowed in carryon luggage; Checked baggage is a HUGE no-no. It's really only the non-"safe" battery chemistries that they're worried about, but... unless you're looking for an "all expenses paid" vacation to Guitmo, I recommend keeping your vapes in your carry-on whether it has a battery in it or not.

mulciber

Re: TSA -
like @slcbdco said, personal vaporizers are specifically mentioned in the TSA rules, and only allowed in carryon luggage; Checked baggage is a HUGE no-no. It's really only the non-"safe" battery chemistries that they're worried about, but... unless you're looking for an "all expenses paid" vacation to Guitmo, I recommend keeping your vapes in your carry-on whether it has a battery in it or not.

Makes sense. I was just picturing the situation. In one scenario I walk through with my FF in my computer bag and it looks like a pen and no one cares. In another the X-ray shows a "pen filled with wires".I don't go to Gitmo, but I do get held in a small office and searched extensively...

mulciber,

mulciber

Wire-less design is one of the GH's main features. But I'm not certain what its internals look like going through the airport scanners.

Ah, yes, so true. Haven't got mine yet, and so having trouble visualizing. I'd imagine it doesn't look like a pen under X-ray in any case. Particularly with battery installed. As always, the concern isn't for the device, which is legal as long as it's clean, but for the suspicion it would arouse about whatever might accompany its use.

Ah, yes, so true. Haven't got mine yet, and so having trouble visualizing. I'd imagine it doesn't look like a pen under X-ray in any case. Particularly with battery installed. As always, the concern isn't for the device, which is legal as long as it's clean, but for the suspicion it would arouse about whatever might accompany its use.
Honestly, cleaning is really just for you. Since they don't care about vaporizers, they aren't going through the vapes (or vape kits) to see what you're vaping. Not in my experience, anyway.

ragnorokk,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
As much as I like the Eric Andre Show, that r/GrassHopperVape subreddit is a bad place.

A pity HL didn't come back to FC, if they can handle the extrapolated opinions of reddit they should be able to rise above their misdemeanour here.

ahaha I posted that actually and did it because love for HL and only thing I bitched about how bad they are at "diplomacy" when it comes to information, but like really expected because of my condition, people were very weirded out and hating on my glory hole .. post

Top Bottom