Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
tt grasshopper no 2 on its way back to vapefiend, red blue flashing light again, sure they will take care of it as they always do , great customer service, never let me down yet
Does it flash red and blue fast? Have you tried taking off the backend, changing the temperature on the dial, and putting a new battery in it? I had an issue with my SS where it would flash blue and red and was told by GH that it was just an overheating warning, and to allow it to cool down.

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
no its doing from a cool unit with fresh batts, checked out the chart and they said send it back, for £250 you expect it to work first time every time, my washing machine cost £250 and i dont have to adjust things every five mins to get it to work if you get my point

tubasco

no its doing from a cool unit with fresh batts, checked out the chart and they said send it back, for £250 you expect it to work first time every time, my washing machine cost £250 and i dont have to adjust things every five mins to get it to work if you get my point
Ooh, nice! I've been looking for a portable, pocket-sized battery powered washing machine! Where did you find yours? (If you get my point :lol:)

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Yeah I understand and agree with you, but I was just trying to troubleshoot your problem. I hope you get one that doesn't give you any trouble, so far my Ti has been well behaved and it's a beast.

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
my brothers one is working like a charm and im on my second one returned, but your help is more than welcome, think i have just had a bit of bad luck, but i love the product, and vapefiend always do right by me so im going to have to slum it with my mighty for a little while

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
my brothers one is working like a charm and im on my second one returned, but your help is more than welcome, think i have just had a bit of bad luck, but i love the product, and vapefiend always do right by me so im going to have to slum it with my mighty for a little while
Hey that's not a bad backup. I've been using mine more since I don't want it collecting dust. The Mighty is awesome but the GH is my go to daily vaporizer. It's amazing how well it produces vapor and how fast.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
lol got three mighty`s, i think the first step is admitting i have a problem............
Sounds like you do lmao. It's nice to be able to have the ability to own whatever you want, even if it's the same thing lol. I have two hoppers too haha

Vapetrees,
Reactions: slcbdco

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
lol im also considering getting another hopper, dont know why but im fighting it for now
Lol. Save your money for some bud and let other people try one out lol. I was only going to keep one of my GH but my gf wanted to keep the SS, and well you know how that went. I just used my Ti on the first temperature setting, it was so tasty and produced a lot of vapor. I have noticed that I am able to use the Ti and get clouds on the first setting, but with the SS I have to start at 2.5 maybe it takes longer to heat up? @BuzzDanklin Do you notice different vapor production on the SS and Ti at the same setting?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Hey there Sunday skool! :wave:

This 20+ year old carved pipe that I would always imaginatively refer to as 'The Peace Pipe' :rolleyes: is working beautifully for me when I'm chilling at home & want a dry, yet extra smooth, laid back Grasshopper hit - laced with a smack of nostalgia, of course . . . .

Hardcore feels memories right now !

I bought exactly same pipe 20 years ago, think it was the third thing I ever bought for getting all potted up, such were the teen years and if anyone is wondering the first thing was an wrench socket that fits on a plastic bottle and you could fit an screen inside it, then we used to heat up, burn and bend plastic bottles to make bongs or gravity buckets

the amount of terrible stuff that has gone down my lungs in my teen years ... glad they are still functioning

I just used my Ti on the first temperature setting, it was so tasty and produced a lot of vapor. I have noticed that I am able to use the Ti and get clouds on the first setting, but with the SS I have to start at 2.5 maybe it takes longer to heat up?
Thanks for sharing this info. I've been wondering if anybody uses the low settings. I was worried that settings 1-3 weren't producing much vapor since it seems like most people start at a 3+.

I like starting at the 2nd and 3rd heat settings on my Arizer Air (374 F / 392 F). Since the GH's starting temperature is nearly 100 degrees less than the Air's (266 F vs. 356 F, I believe), I was worried I wouldn't be able to get much happening on the low settings with the GH. Glad to know the low temps get good vapor production as well.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Thanks for sharing this info. I've been wondering if anybody uses the low settings. I was worried that settings 1-3 weren't producing much vapor since it seems like most people start at a 3+.

I like starting at the 2nd and 3rd heat settings on my Arizer Air (374 F / 392 F). Since the GH's starting temperature is nearly 100 degrees less than the Air's (266 F vs. 356 F, I believe), I was worried I wouldn't be able to get much happening on the low settings with the GH. Glad to know the low temps get good vapor production as well.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I start my solo at the third setting since this is where it produces visible vapor. I am still very surprised I can get visible clouds, comparable to a solo at the third heat setting, on my Ti at the first setting. On the SS I can get clouds too but it just takes more draws; I feel like I have to take two or three pulls before the vapor starts.

Landfill

There you go:

12724645_1694658304139878_206462167_n.jpg
I know a place that looks SO MUCH like that place. My place is in Quebec. It's a good bike ride but worth the view. And someday I'll have my own GH to complete the serenity.

Last edited:

FizzNuggets

I know a place that looks SO MUCH like that place. My place is in Quebec. It's a good bike ride but worth the view. And someday I'll have my own GH to complete the serenity.
It's our civil war monument. Our little town had the most people per capita in the war in maine. Not quite the elevation @BuzzDanklin is testing his at out west, but still hopping in our hills on the east coast.

About 40??? Loads in on new body. Going strong.

FizzNuggets,

Landfill

It's our civil war monument. Our little town had the most people per capita in the war in maine. Not quite the elevation @BuzzDanklin is testing his at out west, but still hopping in our hills on the east coast.

About 40??? Loads in on new body. Going strong.

and are we looking at the new "travelling" garden gnome phenomenon ? Pictures of hoppers around the world ? Planking hoppers ? I wish I was going somewhere interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoltenTiger

When I get a new strain, my procedure is basically initial draw/s at 2 for flavour until satisfied, and then finishing the bowl at 5 through glass. After I've had a strain for a while, I seem to become desensitised to the flavour profile and then I usually just blast it straight from 5 with glass. Similarly halfway through a sesh* I usually go straight in for a T5 bong hit as this is the way to get thick clouds that feel like smoke.

I had someone interested in the GH, an occasional cannabis user, and let them have a go on 2.
They took about 3 rips total, where the first two were pretty light. The third I told them to inhale as hard as they could for as long as was comfortable, and this drew out a nice little cloud (all direct draw btw, no silicone [which does detract the taste a bit btw]). Genuinely, I have never seen redder eyes then what that gave him. I've seen eyes as red, but man - this thing is powerful!

Apparently T2 is 150°C, and THC boils at 157°C. I'm guessing like with water when bringing to the boil, vapour will form before the boiling temperature, and atmosphere pressure plays a part in the ease at which the molecules become excited. Low levels on the GH work very well indeed, and the taste is as good as the mighty on the first drag. A little different, but both have ideal convection heating dynamics and thus more complex flavourful molecules are more stable and more plentiful than in any other form of extraction.

I honestly think this could be the device that brings vaping bud to the mainstream.
Already its features are being sought after by competitors, I noticed the new Snoop Dogg G Pen thing is using a 3D ceramic heater for fast start up and "convection" heating (although according to Buzz Danklin, there is a large amount of conduction going on [gross ;)]). The battery tech is the only limitation with the GH, and as they are already a proprietary design that is user replaceable, I can imagine new technologies can be integrated with the design of the rest of the unit.

Overall though, I usually have my GH near glass with the dial at 5, but every time I've gone to adjust it I realise I have no idea how to best use it, and just how versatile it is. The dial on this thing makes my Arizer EQs digital temp read out redundant, if that says anything. It's perfectly sensitive and it covers an ideal range. My only complaint is it is basically impossible to see what temp the GH is at in low light.

FWIW, I have found so far:

T1 - flavour, no clouds (very minimal mist, slight with strong nugs)
T2 - flavour, light clouds if you work for it (drag consistently and fairly rapidly)
T2.5 - 160°C, flavour starts to degrade quickly, visible vapour with minimal effort, if any, depending on nugs
T3 - tasty bong rips, similar to high temp Mighty experience with glass, but it extracts faster and kills flavour faster
T4 - foggy bong hits, interesting flavour, starting to taste crispier
T5 - with a full chamber this turns the hopper into a well fed Holstein Friesian

Temp stepping is pretty cool, and you can do it and watch the results in real time with a bong. However I have found this really kills the flavour at the higher temps, and you do miss out on choking on a fresh bowl at 5 (but, if you're expecting whitewalls you will need proper colas and strong strains).
The stuff I have at the moment is indoor grown, well trimmed and cured autoflower, and some bush grown by a horticulturist of enjoyable quality. Both can get thick clouds, but I have noticed the occasional bud will nearly choke me as if I was actually smoking, where as others from a different part of the plant are a bit wispy.

*(which is only a few [up to around 1-2 dozen for a day] bowls, I have a moderate tolerance and one bowl ruins me [enough to detract comfort from public situations, but not enough if I'm sunk into a couch for eg.]).

lol im also considering getting another hopper, dont know why but im fighting it for now
I can't wait to get my OEM pre-order so I can SLI my brain with one of these:
IMG_2496.jpg

:lol:
:rockon:
:science:

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL

Funny though, the troubleshooting guide has links that don't work or they work if you have registered a GH maybe.. Anyway, just stopped to make my silly comment :p

It's soooo soooo annoying knowing that the waiting process can take forever... The only bright side is that HL seems to have upgraded their heavy machinery since they first operated, so let's see how how long will this waiting be... Now every 2-month period seems like a joke as it looks like it...
Until this holy bloody day that you will receive that address confirmation email.

Speaking of which, what is the average waiting period since receiving this email to sending the unit?

voodoo_vape,

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@voodoo_vape the links aren't clickable but are displayed & playable just below the troubleshooting guide ;)

You have to click on the actual .pdf and when you're in pdf mode you can click them but they'll take you to vimeo webpage saying that the video could not be found or sth similar.. If those are the ones that are on the GH page, then why adding the URLs on the pdf as well?

edit:
you can try youself as well...
one of them

edit2: ooops... this is weird... The same URL when clicked from the pdf for some reason gives you an error :p

edit 3:
@delloy you're right mate.. :)

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: delloy
Top Bottom