Discontinued The Grasshopper

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm curious if anyone can comment on the flavor of the GH compared with the Aromed, though I realize that there are very few of the latter out in the wild.

VapeKnight,

MoltenTiger

The ultimate hopper power bank/charger?... 2.1a output capable of providing one tablet or 2-3 phone charges per day. Nothing spectacular till you realise it will do this forever without needing charged, ever. €1200. Meet The future, meet Orbo...
They're also releasing a pretty chunky mobile phone that never needs charged for €480.

And the next product they plan to release is an ecigarette that never needs charged. Partnering with Wicked ejuice manufacturer on this one.
Do you know much about this?
Sounds sketchy at best; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

Steorn has also given two public demonstrations of their technology. In the first demonstration, in July 2007 at the Kinetica Museum in London, the device failed to work.[8] The second demonstration, which ran from December 2009 to February 2010 at the Waterways Visitor Centre in Dublin, involved a motor powered by a battery and provided no independent evidence that excess energy was being generated.[9] It was dismissed by the press as an attempt to build a perpetual motion machine,[10] and a publicity stunt.[11]

Beginning in December 2015, Steorn began accepting orders for two products, through email only. The announcement was posted only to a Facebook page titled "Orbo" and a Steorn YouTube channel.[12]

MoltenTiger,

ominosity

Do you know much about this?
Sounds sketchy at best; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn
I've followed the new energy market for years. Yes Steorn have a long and mixed history and no I can't guarantee the effectiveness of this device until it arrives but it is advertised as being in people's hands within the next 6 weeks so not long to find out. Also they seem to have partners onboard this time. They certainly seem to be ramping up to release an actual product. I've contacted the company with an expression of interest and they sent a response saying they would get back to me with purchase details within the day.

ominosity,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Carl Hempel

Inspired by @grokit's earlier post - I much prefer using these as mouthpieces over the session extender that shipped with my hopper.
14mm GonG on the left, and an all glass mouthpiece from a great vape pen (Dabstorm) on the right.

heAFbrq.png

RelaxedNow

I have been trying to get a refund from GHL since last week. I emailed support@grasshoppervape.com, trevor@grasshoppervape.com,and caroline@grasshoppervape.com twice last week and again this morning but haven't heard back from them. Is anyone else having a problem with getting a refund? If I don't hear back by the end of the day I guess I'll just file a PayPal dispute.

I requested a refund, about two weeks ago, and received a Paypal credit within 24 hours. I did send them the original emailed invoice with the request. Wishing you a quick resolution.

RelaxedNow,

Volteric

Jimney Xmas! The taste on temp setting 2 is hands down thee best flavor I have ever experienced on a portable vape. Tis true after about 4 draws its all downhill like every other vape. Maybe tastes worse because you're getting terpene blasted on the front end in a more concentrated way?

This all may be due to the chamber and mouthpiece being almost one and the same where the distance between your fragrant flower and tongue is the same as the distance between the sun and a glorious beam of light!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Jimney Xmas! The taste on temp setting 2 is hands down thee best flavor I have ever experienced on a portable vape. Tis true after about 4 draws its all downhill like every other vape. Maybe tastes worse because you're getting terpene blasted on the front end in a more concentrated way?

This all may be due to the chamber and mouthpiece being almost one and the same where the distance between your fragrant flower and tongue is the same as the distance between the sun and a glorious beam of light!
What's the exact temp of setting 2?

vapen00b,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks. Would be interesting what's it supposed to be exactly... 280f is really low. That would not have any effects - just taste.

vapen00b,

texasvape

Reply via Trevor at HL :
Sorry about the problem. We would like to replace your whole unit including the charger as that might be the problem. It looks like the battery vented safety after it got overheated -- although I realize it ruined your Grasshopper. We will send a new on out to you later today.

Picking up a external charger to avoid the whiz-bang magnet charger.

UPDATE: I received the replacement from HL GT401 (original GT518) -- so far so good. Picked up an external charger b/c suspicious of the magnetic one. Batts are charging easily.

The fit and finish of the backend on this one is not as nice as the previous GT518.

Likes2vape

Kalessin

UPDATE: I received the replacement from HL GT401 (original GT518) -- so far so good. Picked up an external charger b/c suspicious of the magnetic one. Batts are charging easily.

The fit and finish of the backend on this one is not as nice as the previous GT518.
First case I've seen of someone getting an earlier serial number for a replacement. Hopefully that means they are taking part of their stock and accounting for it as specifically for warranty issues.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Temp 1: 266F
Temp 1.5: 284F
Temp 2: 302F
Temp 2.5: 320F
Temp 3: 338F
Temp 3.5: 356F
Temp 4: 374F
Temp 4.5: 392F
Temp 5: 410F

This my temp chart based off of the common volcano vape temp chart. On paper I have all the chemicals and other temperatures I like as well, such Temp 3.2: 347F - THC and Temp 4.2: 383F - CBE

I did math, dunno how accurate it is, but it took me a good long while to draw up.

In other news, my tracking info shows that GHL should have received my Grasshopper in the mail. We'll see how long turn around for a SS warranty (in this time of what seems like few SS being shipped) takes. I got an 18mm Joda Stem for the Arizer Air to keep my busy in the meantime.

Volteric

How does it compare to the pax2?

I'm kinda scared to say because I just got the pax2 and doubted something could top it. Let me just say (unless you have specific questions) that I have thought about selling it and grabbing a second Grasshopper. I can't believe I just said that. Well, you know the drill, we're all super stoked about our latest indulgence. We need to justify our investments" to ourselves and one another. Don't get me wrong this thing stands out for reasons I've said but maybe parts of this will stand out more as I continue using it. I can say that higher temps on this thing sucks. I don't mind cause I'm a flavor junkie and get near orchid kisses from it.

i think you get more of a session with the pax2. The GH seems to cash the herb quicker.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
It really kinda makes them tortoise and hare comparable. I've been using the mighty for the first time in months and after being hopperhipped I find myself asking...why the fuck is this taking so long to heat up!!!??:rolleyes: Dam I could've been vaping already!!:freak:

we still gotta hang out dude!

I'm kinda scared to say because I just got the pax2 and doubted something could top it. Let me just say (unless you have specific questions) that I have thought about selling it and grabbing a second Grasshopper. I can't believe I just said that. Well, you know the drill, we're all super stoked about our latest indulgence. We need to justify our investments" to ourselves and one another. Don't get me wrong this thing stands out for reasons I've said but maybe parts of this will stand out more as I continue using it. I can say that higher temps on this thing sucks. I don't mind cause I'm a flavor junkie and get near orchid kisses from it.

i think you get more of a session with the pax2. The GH seems to cash the herb quicker.

I hear ya! I haven't touched my pax2 in weeks, the GH rendered it obsolete

Last edited by a moderator:

btka

I get a good 20+ hits of visible vapor on level 2. With about .1g or whatever a fully loaded nylon stem is. I am really looking forward to recording a 3 Hopper session soon.

and we are waiting all the time... for a hopper session video... would be nice

Top Bottom