Discontinued The Grasshopper

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
That sucks. It will be interesting to see if you have to wait till after all the backers & pre-orders for a replacement. Whether or not they sell replacement parts or if you have to order a new GH.

You'd think they void a warranty because it fell off a 2-3ft windowsill? That'd suck a lot :/ Is that a thing with warranty? Lol. I think it'll be covered, and from what it seems everyone else has pretty much gotten a replacement within a week, I don't see why this would be different.

That said, I'd be down to pay a small compensation for a replacement since it was technically my error (It was out of my control, but in my possession). The wind knocked a hanging bat, which pushed the Grasshopper into an abyss between my bed and the wall and floor.

I dunno, the warranty shows a split in half Grasshopper... that seems to imply user error LOL.

Of course, I'll keep y'all updated through it.

Averyminya,
Reactions: mindful1

YaFreekin Right

You'd think they void a warranty because it fell off a 2-3ft windowsill? That'd suck a lot :/ Is that a thing with warranty? Lol. I think it'll be covered, and from what it seems everyone else has pretty much gotten a replacement within a week, I don't see why this would be different.

That said, I'd be down to pay a small compensation for a replacement since it was technically my error (It was out of my control, but in my possession). The wind knocked a hanging bat, which pushed the Grasshopper into an abyss between my bed and the wall and floor.

I dunno, the warranty shows a split in half Grasshopper... that seems to imply user error LOL.

Of course, I'll keep y'all updated through it.

I think so they can diagnose the failure & improve future hoppers they should warranty your GH. Further down the line there is no way they can consider drops part of their warranty.

Please keep us updated.

hippogriff

The worst part? The Air and the Flowermate just don't compare for me :( I got so used to the Grasshopper that I think I'm underwhelmed. Maybe using both together will help remedy my "pain".
Yup, I'm having this problem, too, waiting for my hopper's return, the <2min extraction is what I've been missing in my other portables (FM Mini, MFLB), I won't go back to conduction vapes! Have to be aggressive w/ my Vapor Bros desktop to get close to what I'm missing. Have a Firewood 3.0 on the way, and a pre-order on the Zion Single Bat, so I think I'm covered, just more waiting.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yup, I'm having this problem, too, waiting for my hopper's return, the <2min extraction is what I've been missing in my other portables (FM Mini, MFLB), I won't go back to conduction vapes! Have to be aggressive w/ my Vapor Bros desktop to get close to what I'm missing. Have a Firewood 3.0 on the way, and a pre-order on the Zion Single Bat, so I think I'm covered, just more waiting.

I'd recommend a torch convection unit like Daisy/Lily or Lotus if you want to have a true back up (that may even out perform these others in vapor quality). They can seem intimidating but its a quick learn and oh so rewarding. Always pure convection or bust imo!

Last edited:

hippogriff

Too early to talk about the next GH product? Cause I LOVE the GH heater tech, and I really enjoy the current form factor, but it seems most of the issues are because pen. The short vapor path w/ hot vapor and a hot mouthpiece, the proprietary battery, the mass of parts for the very ambitiously designed back end that short and fall apart, plus that beautiful clicker 1)is pretty awkward for one-handed operation, and 2)is too high above the clip so if I have it in my jeans pocket and I sit down I can unintentionally turn the unit on.

My wishlist for a repackaging of GH tech:
- palmable form factor
- no conductivity for shell (I'm fine w wires in a thoughtful design)
- double batteries (an existing standard too much to ask?)
- load on one end, pull thru a 2" glass or metal tube from other end
- charging/docking station w pass-thru power for desktop use

edit: my comment about 1-handed operation assumes you want to click-off mid draw, which is my preference. Better for heat buildup and power conservation, also I can rip on it and it's easy to feel my lungs getting full & warmer, so clicking off with enough time to top off lungs/start getting cooler air in/cool mouthpiece feels good & has lots of benefits.

Last edited:

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I mean imagine if it were larger than an inch or two. There's already so much power behind this, were it not limited by batteries... Oh boy!

I too would be very interested in seeing the tech in a desktop. I think it will be a while though to be honest. We still have their front ends to be excited about! I'm more curious as to whether we think we'll see a similar design by a different company whenever the patent ends, and what tech will be around then.

grokit

well-worn member
So this is a simple and effective solution for a couple of things :tup:

BYUfPHx.jpg

I pretty much immediately misplaced the silicone tip thingy, and was using this bit of 7th floor tubing for a 14mm song. It works/seals well for that, then naturally I used it as a mouthpiece... then perfect :science:

Thcgos

Vape Addict
To the colour Ti owners.

Does the anodised colour finish ever scratch off?

I really want a blue one, although I can't help but think the plain silver will look best in the long run (if the anodised colouring scratches off it would look nasty).:shrug:

tepictoton

That is 285 dollar a piece...

It is nice to see them popping up first in Stock in Europe, that must be first time this happens. Wonder how they got around the needed certificates to import these? Potpourri burners like arizer does? This is interesting because no way can I believe they have imported them as drie heb vaporizers. Are there even standards /certificates for such a thing?

tepictoton,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I thought it HAS the CE and even RoHs certificates..?

vapen00b,

TheWhisper

So, I just took off my backend and battery, and inhaled through the mouthpiece (attached to the body) while covering the intake holes. I was still able to get some air pulled through, and the amount decreased when I covered the rear of the Hopper too. It definitely seems air can come in from the rear end. Can anyone else test this out to confirm whether it's just mine or not?

With the backend screwed on and no battery, it does not seem to be airtight. But it's very, very close. :/

Anyone else been able to test this yet?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@TheWhisper Can confirm air comes from the rear, always. Everything is in the air path.

I would definitely say this is my worst tasting vape besides the ones that comes with the chinese "robot fart".

Extraction and temperature control are great, and the unit milks the best out of all my vapes but flavor is like inhaling heating metals. I didn't think I'd become such a flavor snob but with all of my better tasting vaporizers these Hoppers get less and less appealing.

Kalessin

@TheWhisper Can confirm air comes from the rear, always. Everything is in the air path.

I would definitely say this is my worst tasting vape besides the ones that comes with the chinese "robot fart".

Extraction and temperature control are great, and the unit milks the best out of all my vapes but flavor is like inhaling heating metals. I didn't think I'd become such a flavor snob but with all of my better tasting vaporizers these Hoppers get less and less appealing.
That's so odd with so many people raving about the flavor.

Mr. Me2

So you prefer the flavor of the fw to the gh? Any other comparisons you can offer?

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Thcgos

Bass Vaper

Wow, pp, that is a unique opinion. I thought the flavor out of the Gh was the best of any vape I've used. It was so good that I had trouble going back to the Pro. But, since I don't have the Hopper any longer, and have smoked, the Pro is back to tasting good.

The Alfa always has great flavor but I do still get shitty burnt taste. I'd never gotten that once with the Gh except for the one try I did on setting 5.

Alex22887

vapetastic
So this is a simple and effective solution for a couple of things :tup:

BYUfPHx.jpg

I pretty much immediately misplaced the silicone tip thingy, and was using this bit of 7th floor tubing for a 14mm song. It works/seals well for that, then naturally I used it as a mouthpiece... then perfect :science:

Might need to come up with a similar solution.

Alex22887,
Reactions: grokit

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
That's so odd with so many people raving about the flavor.

So you prefer the flavor of the fw to the gh? Any other comparisons you can offer?

Its not like flavor of my herbs isn't great on low temps, or even on high. But there is a background flavor which bothers me.

I use it on 5 from start to finish, I also use the Firewood on its max level from start to finish as well. The grassHopper hits just seem to taste dirty when its milky or thick, this is not a feeling I get with the Firewood. The grassHopper will actually make thicker vapor than the Firewood but leave the herb less extracted. Its just not as efficient as a device with an adjustable screen and heater. I think of the Firewood to be a lot like my Versa, even in high temps it sometimes doesn't actually milk (more like skim milk) but will extract the herb and leave it further extracted than any other vape from just one hit.

Last edited:

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Warranty request reply:

Hi There,

After speaking with the team about the issues your Grasshopper has experieinced, we feel it is best for you to send everything back to us for Warranty Service. We will test all components and ensure they are working properly. We will repair or replace anything that is malfunctioning and get a fully operational unit back in your hands.

Please send your Grasshopper, Charger, and Battery back to us at:

Hopper Labs
2775 Valmont Road #3
Boulder, CO 80304

Please include your order ID and a brief description of the issues you experienced.

Best,
Caroline
I let them know in my warranty request that it fell 2-3 feet and described all of my problems (the lights mostly). Also, this morning it was working just fine. I cleaned it, decided to try and turn it on and when I turned it on it was popping and crackling - I am almost 100% sure the cracking was from the heating ISO so don't worry.

I'm sending it all back anyway since I'd rather have a for sure working on than one that might go pop :)

But so far, Caroline made no suggestion that the team would remove my rights to own a Grasshopper :rofl:

Now I just have to wait for it to come back to me, as I need to hit the FM v5.0S and the Arizer Air at the same time to get half the amount of vapor the produces.

YaFreekin Right

Just found Grasshoppers in stock at:

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/grasshopper-vaporizer.html

269 Euro, vat & EU shipping included.
an early backer at retail level, I guess.
please excuse me if already posted

Edit: corrected the link, thanks, @grokit

It's not actually in stock if you try and order, thankfully...

I think the airflow through the back of the unit should be negligible. There are lots of large holes right by the heater and the vast majority of the air will flow from there. The taste could just be the heater itself. Taste is so subjective and personal. I'm not sure why they could not seal off the battery compartment from the heater, though...

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: btka

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think the airflow through the back of the unit should be negligible. There are lots of large holes right by the heater and the vast majority of the air will flow from there. The taste could just be the heater itself. Taste is so subjective and personal. I'm not sure why they could not seal off the battery compartment from the heater, though...
Yeah I don't blame air path for flavor, unit is fine when cooled. And agreed its a very subjective area which is why I don't mention it much.

Top Bottom