Discontinued The Grasshopper

TheWhisper

So, I just took off my backend and battery, and inhaled through the mouthpiece (attached to the body) while covering the intake holes. I was still able to get some air pulled through, and the amount decreased when I covered the rear of the Hopper too. It definitely seems air can come in from the rear end. Can anyone else test this out to confirm whether it's just mine or not?

lreinirz

So, I just took off my backend and battery, and inhaled through the mouthpiece (attached to the body) while covering the intake holes. I was still able to get some air pulled through, and the amount decreased when I covered the rear of the Hopper too. It definitely seems air can come in from the rear end. Can anyone else test this out to confirm whether it's just mine or not?
Is the backend air tight when screwed in?

lreinirz,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I haven't heard of any preorders yet. You should be close. Have you checked your spam email folder?
It's Dec. 1st!
Have you checked in your mailbox, @SlingingPaint ?

Not to worry! Another update tonight should put everybody at ease...

vapviking,

Kalessin

I just love everyone's attitude on here about the GH. I mean, who needs to give a company who's created a groundbreaking vape the benefit of the doubt. It's not like they're constantly improving their methods, or owning up to their issues. I really wish people wouldn't be so uncharitable. Unless you're able to go out and make a vape of similar quality and fewer issues on your own without any noticeable delays or unkept promises, then I really wish people would stop complaining so much

hi_there

wouldn't be so uncharitable.

Pre-orders are not charity and even if I was a backer I would not consider it charity. I think the real issue is that the company has not been that transparent vis-à-vis delivery. Most of us are big boys and girls, if a company says, 'hey we are working on this great product but need you to sit tight for another 3 months, or six month because we are making it the best we can.' Most of us would understand that, every month for the past 16 months GHL is saying, we are a month or two away from mass shipping, here it comes!!

Obviously that will leave a lot of people unhappy.

justcametomind

This is just to say this EU shop now carries the GH
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/grasshopper-vaporizer.html
Pretty expensive for the SS version imho.
Can I just order for the US site and ask for a EU plug/version?
It's 150$ versus 269€.
... And 319€ for the Ti version!

EDIT: @VapeFiend.com : 199£ which is 282€ but out of stock.
If it's just for the EU plug I'd gladly pay customs and import by myself.

Last edited:

Kalessin

As I'm not into the idea of starting an argument, I'll just say that being charitable and giving to charity are two distinct ideas that have only a tenuous relation to each other

Kalessin,

Hawk

It's 150$ versus 269€.

Wow, here we are waiting for our backer and pre-order GH's and this company has them for sale and in stock?

Hawk,
Reactions: Gregori

hippogriff

It's 150$ versus 269€.

The hopper comes w/ a custom USB charging cable, no plugs, so it doesn't matter, USB standards are the same. There are some EU retailers getting ready to sell hoppers, but they're all out of stock b/c they've yet to have any stock. I kinda remember hearing that the retail packages are the last of the campaign perks to be fulfilled.

speedyg

The backend on my SS hopper has come apart after daily use since early September. Sending it back to Hopper Lab. Also had a green Ti Hopper but it got lost/misplaced. I'm very sad about this! Both units ran hot at the backend and battery life was disappointing. Hope HL is able to work out the bugs because it can't be beat where stealth and concealment is required.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
The backend on my SS hopper has come apart after daily use since early September. Sending it back to Hopper Lab. Also had a green Ti Hopper but it got lost/misplaced. I'm very sad about this! Both units ran hot at the backend and battery life was disappointing. Hope HL is able to work out the bugs because it can't be beat where stealth and concealment is required.

If your backed came apart and had backend heat issues it sounds like it was a little messed up from the start. Only on hot days or from a cold start do I notice a hot backend, and I unscrew and play with the backend a little.

It'd be a longshot... but you could try asking HL for a warranty :( That's awful disappointing to hear, I couldn't live with myself if I lost something I waited so long for.

Averyminya,
Reactions: Snappo

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I realized as I was writing how bad that sounded but I also was laughing really hard while writing it, so it is written with love.

My Hopper took a tough tumble last night. I used it a couple times and it was working fine, but I took 1 hit today, left it for a bit and when I tried to hit it again it shut off after 2 or 3 seconds. So, Hopsies is dead :( But, this is a new one for sure. When I screw in the backend, it seems to think it's turning on. Here's the kicker - when I plug it it, it blinks like normal. If I turn it on, it goes between red flashing and red solid and is all whacky. This is with both batteries I have unfortunately. I can't quite tell, but it seems to be the backend. It feels a little different when clicking down. It was a nasty fall :( :I

I don't think the body is messed up... except for the flashing lights like weird, so maybe it is. GHL will probably get back to me tomorrow since I put it in after 5 P.M. their time (I feel like they do E-Mail 9-5, GHL work near 24/7).

I'm sad that I fucked it up lol. I have dropped it a couple times before, but this one was on the backend clicker :/ and it is a hard carpet and it also probably hit the wall, so it must have gotten pretty rattled. She sounds so sad :(

The worst part? The Air and the Flowermate just don't compare for me :( I got so used to the Grasshopper that I think I'm underwhelmed. Maybe using both together will help remedy my "pain".

At least this means I'll probably get a newer unit that has gotten the revisions! I can't help but think about the times where I would think there was something wrong with my Grasshopper. Occasionally it wouldn't seem to fully vape the product.. but then the battery dies and I just switched it and back to normal. I think playing with the pressure of the backend and the gold ring can have a performance impact. I feel like evidence to support this is those who needed to press their backends together to get it to work when it comes apart.

Also, I don't know if I'm mentioned this before, but it you apply a small amount of pressure down on the dial and turn it becomes much much easier.

Sorry to update with the bad news! At the very least this is a Grasshopper that lasted from 10/5 to 12/1, which seems to be pretty good for supposed recent influx of bad Grasshoppers (those naughty beasts).

Bass Vaper

GHL will probably get back to me tomorrow since I put it in after 5 P.M. their time (I feel like they do E-Mail 9-5, GHL work near 24/7).

My buddy emailed last Wed, got a reply Sunday saying "fill out the warranty request and it'll be completed tomorrow (Monday/yesterday)". Nothing since, he checked in today, got a reply saying "will be done today, overwhelmed with so many emails, you'll receive an email confirmation today when done". Crickets.

Yours sounds like his though, keep trying to turn it on and it may end up working. This one does, at least. Good luck, sorry for your loss. Moment of silence :rip:

Bass Vaper,
Reactions: hi_there

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Thanks for the info. I turned clicked it 15 times like a few others have tried and no luck.

At least the soul of the Grasshopper is still with me.

Sorry, I mean sole. The silicone mouthpiece is great for the Arizer Air plastic tip, with the plastic removed. I'll play around with it a little more, but the lights are pretty erratic and it sounded like there was a pop once or twice. Not loud, just like little cracking noises. I've heard it once before, but it sounds like something the heater would do to try and kill itself. I also don't want to have an accidental short (since we don't really know what caused it) and have mine go puff! Thanks for the support :) We all know we'll be here for each other haha.

New side thread? Grasshopper Support Group :rofl:

Adobewan

Here it is:

Hey Everyone,

We have a quick update today to inform you that the project is progressing nicely and we have delivered the vast majority of units. Although we are now into the holidays, Grasshopper production will continue at an increasing rate. Most of you already have your units, and for those still waiting they are coming very soon.

We are still seeing some issues with new units but these issues are far fewer than ever before and continuing to drop. As we implement tweaks to increase reliability we must train the assembly techs and update the quality control procedure. This process is ongoing and continually improving, with each week yielding better results. It’s easy to expect everything to go smoothly, but when you are working to break new ground it rarely does. We have replaced every unit that has had an issue and will continue to do so.

The new personnel we recently brought on are finally up to speed on the entire production. This, coupled with supply chain improvements and additional machinery has drastically increased throughput.

We’ll be back with the mid December update on the 15th.

The Grasshopper Team

YaFreekin Right

I realized as I was writing how bad that sounded but I also was laughing really hard while writing it, so it is written with love.

My Hopper took a tough tumble last night. I used it a couple times and it was working fine, but I took 1 hit today, left it for a bit and when I tried to hit it again it shut off after 2 or 3 seconds. So, Hopsies is dead :( But, this is a new one for sure. When I screw in the backend, it seems to think it's turning on. Here's the kicker - when I plug it it, it blinks like normal. If I turn it on, it goes between red flashing and red solid and is all whacky. This is with both batteries I have unfortunately. I can't quite tell, but it seems to be the backend. It feels a little different when clicking down. It was a nasty fall :( :I

I don't think the body is messed up... except for the flashing lights like weird, so maybe it is. GHL will probably get back to me tomorrow since I put it in after 5 P.M. their time (I feel like they do E-Mail 9-5, GHL work near 24/7).

I'm sad that I fucked it up lol. I have dropped it a couple times before, but this one was on the backend clicker :/ and it is a hard carpet and it also probably hit the wall, so it must have gotten pretty rattled. She sounds so sad :(

The worst part? The Air and the Flowermate just don't compare for me :( I got so used to the Grasshopper that I think I'm underwhelmed. Maybe using both together will help remedy my "pain".

At least this means I'll probably get a newer unit that has gotten the revisions! I can't help but think about the times where I would think there was something wrong with my Grasshopper. Occasionally it wouldn't seem to fully vape the product.. but then the battery dies and I just switched it and back to normal. I think playing with the pressure of the backend and the gold ring can have a performance impact. I feel like evidence to support this is those who needed to press their backends together to get it to work when it comes apart.

Also, I don't know if I'm mentioned this before, but it you apply a small amount of pressure down on the dial and turn it becomes much much easier.

Sorry to update with the bad news! At the very least this is a Grasshopper that lasted from 10/5 to 12/1, which seems to be pretty good for supposed recent influx of bad Grasshoppers (those naughty beasts).

That sucks. It will be interesting to see if you have to wait till after all the backers & pre-orders for a replacement. Whether or not they sell replacement parts or if you have to order a new GH.

YaFreekin Right,
Top Bottom