The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

YaFreekin Right

Anyone frequent reddit? Some users of /r/GrassHopperVape are starting to loose it. Lots of people predicting doom & gloom.

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: snamuh

tubasco

Anyone frequent reddit? Some users of /r/GrassHopperVape are starting to loose it. Lots of people predicting doom & gloom.
yeah i saw that. I'm guessing customs held up the DHL international delivery HL was expecting. Tons of people have working hoppers and keep telling us to hold on.
I think, in this case, there's a fine line between lying and stretching truths to accomplish a goal.
I don't like that fact, but it is what it is.
People that have a hopper LOVE it, so I don't know where the impatience stems from. The psychology of mass hysteria?

httmfr

It's definitely not about impatience, not for me.

"I want to let you know ahead of time that once your order has been cancelled, you will not be eligible for the discounted pricing you previously received and you will lose your place in the shipping queue. We are about to receive a large parts order that will fill all outstanding orders."

This is what I was told when I sent a pre-order cancellation request last week. I am sure others got the same message.

Maybe the shipment got stuck in customs, maybe it doesn't exist. Who knows. But a few things are clear, they are willing to bend the truth...very far. Willing to bend it with people who are at their breaking point already, wanting to cancel their pre-order. If they don't think that that's digging themselves a deeper hole, then I wonder who is really suffering from hysteria.

I am not impatient. I don't care when I get a Hopper. These lies have made me afraid not that I won't get a Hopper one day, but that I might lose my money and have nothing to show for it. That's a risk that the backers may have accepted for a steep discount, not me. I am asking for a refund now as well. Besides, if I am supposed to believe what they say, canceling my order is only going to cost me about one additional month of waiting. No problemo.

hippogriff

Wow that's a big shift in Reddit sentiment, go back a week and there was nothing but downvotes for any questioning or negativity.

hippogriff,
Reactions: mindful1

tubasco

I am not impatient. I don't care when I get a Hopper. These lies have made me afraid not that I won't get a Hopper one day, but that I might lose my money and have nothing to show for it.
If you're that worried of being out ~$100 then by all means you really should get a refund.... and be more careful about how you spend money in the future!
It's been proven the hopper is not vaporware, hence me throwing around the word "patience." (which wasn't even directed at you)

httmfr

Our basic rule is Be Nice. This is not. Warning point issued.
Get the fuck out of here with that condescending bullshit. I probably shouldn't have ordered a Sublimator, Cloud Evo and a Crafty also.

I'm a CPA - that means I tend to work with money. Being concerned that I don't give mine away for free doesn't mean a thing other than that I am careful.

killick

But I like it!
We all kinda knew this was gonna happen way back when it was available for pre-order. Reading about it is kinda like what one can only imagine is the same interest that old folks have in their soap operas... Anyways, I'm not cancelling. I've had a load of entertainment so far, and am really looking forward to when it does eventually show up...

:popcorn: <-- is my 2nd fave

tubasco

Get the fuck out of here with that condescending bullshit. I probably shouldn't have ordered a Sublimator, Cloud Evo and a Crafty also.

I'm a CPA - that means I tend to work with money. Being concerned that I don't give mine away for free doesn't mean a thing other than that I am careful.
back to reddit with that language. I wasn't condescending in the least. I quoted you and you cursed me out.
I thought one of the general rules around this forum was to be nice. Go back to reddit with that language Mr. CPA.

Flyingcrocodile46

This was just posted on reddit (purportedly a response from Caroline at HL in response to a refund inquiry)

It addresses questions that have been recently raised regarding the wisdom of their big parts purchase (which they are still awaiting delivery of).

Hi There,

I understand your frustration in seeing your shipping estimate change each month and I apologize for the delays. There are a few points in your email that I would like to address.

To begin, we did receive a small batch of the new parts and have had plenty of time to ensure they will eliminate the issues we discovered in our early production run. Prior to placing the parts order, we determined that if we make these few minor adjustments, we will be able to significantly cut down our assembly time.

You mention that our previous parts were mostly faulty, which again is not the case. A small portion of our first production run revealed some issues that we were able to quickly fix due to the small volume of Grasshoppers that we were shipping. The people that are posting on the forums are a very small portion of our customers. The information on these forums is mostly speculation or the opinions of the folks making the post.

We are by no means lying or intentionally holding off shipment of Grasshoppers. When we make a shipping estimation, we feel confident that we will meet it. However, due to the fact that we are a very new and very small company that is building a highly specialized device, unexpected delays have occurred. We have made many improvements to the Grasshopper, our website, the assembly process and the shipping process that will speed things up, however, this will not happen overnight.

I apologize that you feel as though you have been lied to. That was never our goal and also why we always only estimate ship dates instead of guaranteeing ship dates. I understand if you don't agree with our process or simply feel you can no longer wait. If this is the case, I can certainly issue you a full refund. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Kinda like the movie Ground Hogs Day. Same thing over and over.
bill-murray-groundhog.gif

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
back to reddit with that language. I wasn't condescending in the least. I quoted you and you cursed me out.
I thought one of the general rules around this forum was to be nice. Go back to reddit with that language Mr. CPA.

If someone breaks a rule, report it and do not respond. If you absolutely must reply, use a PM.

httmfr

Yeah right. Seriously don't go telling people to be more careful with their money just because they aren't willing to let some incompetent startup lie and have it for free. That's being condescending and it will get the same reaction outside of Reddit too.

AgentXero

To everyone freaking out on here and a lot on Reddit..

search

Seriously though this isn't some kind of major conspiracy here! Propaganda and mass hysteria be spreadin like wildfire

Frank Reynolds

Seriously though this isn't some kind of major conspiracy here! Propaganda and mass hysteria be spreadin like wildfire
I don't think anyone has said it's a major conspiracy, what we have said (and what has happened) is they have run into an absurd amount of problems every single step of the process and people are getting tired of it. Not to mention they've violated PayPal's terms of service with literally every single transaction.

I think I'll keep my spot in line to spite you guys hoping for cancelations :)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not to mention they've violated PayPal's terms of service with literally every single transaction.

I think I'll keep my spot in line to spite you guys hoping for cancelations :)

I don't feel violated in any way by HL. I used Paypal, one of rare times for me, and I'm fine with the way it has gone down. It's what I assumed going in. I ordered one, paid for it, and I'm waiting while they use the money to make one for me. Part of the "startup" and "preorder" concept.

Do you have first hand citing, i.e., proof of any Paypal violations? Any proof they've violated all of their Paypal transactions? Anyone been denied refund after having used Paypal? Or any refunds denied, for that matter? Any Paypal complaints unanswered? Has Paypal put HL on notice or sanctioned them in any way, for any transactions? Is there a class action suit I should be climbing on board? Please enlighten us, we thrive on facts!

I'm so close to doubling down and ordering another hopper. So far, between the discount and inflation, on paper my investment is appreciating so much faster than puny bank interest rates, and not dependent on the whim of Wall St.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yeah right. Seriously don't go telling people to be more careful with their money just because they aren't willing to let some incompetent startup lie and have it for free. That's being condescending and it will get the same reaction outside of Reddit too.

Do not tell others how to post. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If it doesn't break any rules and annoys you, either ignore it or use a PM.

Do not accuse a manufacturer of lying. If you have conclusive evidence, show it and expose the deception but do not call anyone a liar. If you do not have evidence, avoid any accusations.

You just got a warning point for breaking the Be Nice rule. You are getting a break here, but another post along these lines will earn a second point and a three day ban.

pakalolo,

zymos

Much worse than the PayPal thing is that they told a late November backer not to expect theirs until next month. So obviously, they are going to have to bump our estimates AGAIN.

Personally, I still wouldn't want a refund even if (as a backer) they'd give me one. I've waited this long, and am willing to risk 150 bucks (or I wouldn't have backed in the first place). But then you hear that at least one preorderer has posted that GHL has seemed a little less happy about giving them a refund than they did a couple of months ago. If people ever do need to take it up with PayPal, and GHL broke PayPal's rules.....could get messy...

Top Bottom