The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

hi_there

I am happy I canceled and I hope it gets someone their GH sooner. I will just wait and hope they are successful and I will order one when all the kinks are out and I can get delivery in a reasonable time.

It is pretty funny looking back at some of their updates.

June 15th 2013 production update from GHL...

"Hey Guys,

Update day! Yesterday marked our deadline to get all of our final part versions submitted for mass production. Unfortunately, we did not hit that deadline. Some parts still require minor tweaks, and we’re working all-out to get it done. Matt, our lead engineer, has worked the last 57 days-in-a-row and isn’t planning on breaking that streak until we’re done.

This is bad news for hitting our estimated delivery in July. We’re continuing to shoot for beginning deliveries in late July and early August, but a more likely delivery date for the bulk of the units will be September. It seems like we are steadily pushing back the date, but it’s truly hard to predict what potential problems might arise, and how much extra development time is needed. We will always be providing you with the best possible information regarding production and delivery.

Thanks for the continued support, Trevor and the Grasshopper Team"

radiant34

I am happy I canceled and I hope it gets someone their GH sooner. I will just wait and hope they are successful and I will order one when all the kinks are out and I can get delivery in a reasonable time.

It is pretty funny looking back at some of their updates.

June 15th 2013 production update from GHL...

"Hey Guys,

Update day! Yesterday marked our deadline to get all of our final part versions submitted for mass production. Unfortunately, we did not hit that deadline. Some parts still require minor tweaks, and we’re working all-out to get it done. Matt, our lead engineer, has worked the last 57 days-in-a-row and isn’t planning on breaking that streak until we’re done.

This is bad news for hitting our estimated delivery in July. We’re continuing to shoot for beginning deliveries in late July and early August, but a more likely delivery date for the bulk of the units will be September. It seems like we are steadily pushing back the date, but it’s truly hard to predict what potential problems might arise, and how much extra development time is needed. We will always be providing you with the best possible information regarding production and delivery.

Thanks for the continued support, Trevor and the Grasshopper Team"

I think the campaign went up in November 2013.no?

Frank Reynolds

Not at all, just pointing out a fact.

Actually we pointed out the fact that their fact was wrong. So yes, we did make it better.
Nah, it's just as bad as if the update was from 2013, they're still over a year off their deadline they set for themselves :lol:

Frank Reynolds,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@Frank Reynolds

When you make something new you are walking on new ground. There is no way to know what lies ahead... they are called unknown unknowns.

So were are coming up on 730 days these guys haven't quit on the idea of selling a sub $200 vape.

Frank Reynolds

@Frank Reynolds

When you make something new you are walking on new ground. There is no way to know what lies ahead... they are called unknown unknowns.

So were are coming up on 730 days these guys haven't quit on the idea of selling a sub $200 vape.
I don't think anyone is disputing that it's tough to bring a new product that's never been done to full scale production, but what ISN'T HARD AT ALL is telling the truth about where you're at in the process, and not making promises you know won't be fulfilled.

Last edited:

radiant34

Nah, it's just as bad as if the update was from 2013, they're still over a year off their deadline they set for themselves :lol:
For the ammount of innovation and perfection that is going into this vape. Andfor the price range I really don't mind waiting. They aren't explicitly lying they are trying to prevent their company imagine from being tarnished. But it's almost impossible when you have a shit ton of impatient people wanting the product now.

Frank Reynolds

For the ammount of innovation and perfection that is going into this vape. Andfor the price range I really don't mind waiting. They aren't explicitly lying they are trying to prevent their company imagine from being tarnished. But it's almost impossible when you have a shit ton of impatient people wanting the product now.
Innovation? Sure. Perfection? You're joking right? I don't care how small of a group you think the people on reddit/FC are we aren't that tiny and it's a diverse sample. There have been an INSANE amount of posts with people who have failing units. And those are just the ones we've actually seen.

Someone just posted that their Gold Ti back end came apart yesterday in the main GH thread but because he is a rep for another company I guess he wanted it deleted and the mods obliged.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I think the failure rate was reported to be 1/10 a month back? I imagine that is a bit better now?

Isn't it an empty barrel makes the loudest noise sorta thing?

jojo monkey,

hi_there

but what ISN'T HARD AT ALL is telling the truth about where you're at in the process

This is the key for me. It is unfair to keep saying next month, next month. Now that I have seen what was posted on Reddit about Paypal's policy in regards to pre-orders it makes more sense.

people who have failing units.

It seems quite a few people have also had more than one failure. And many failures seem to be after a few days/weeks.

radiant34

Innovation? Sure. Perfection? You're joking right? I don't care how small of a group you think the people on reddit/FC are we aren't that tiny and it's a diverse sample. There have been an INSANE amount of posts with people who have failing units. And those are just the ones we've actually seen.

Someone just posted that their Gold Ti back end came apart yesterday in the main GH thread but because he is a rep for another company I guess he wanted it deleted and the mods obliged.

I don't think you quite understood what i had meant by "perfection" perfection as in a sense that they're actually taking these quite long 2 years of production and are working with full effort to delivering this product to the doorsteps of the consumer. This takes time. i think it took storz and bickel maybe 5 -6 years to create a handheld. And let me tell you there's barely anything innovative to it. Just some batteries, a heater and the most innovative aspect of it all the cooling chamber., and the original pricing for it was 500. In reality the grasshopper is selling a piece of merchandise that is 1/5 the price of the mighty and 100% more innovative. So you're going to have to wait a bit, especially since they are JUST NOW working out the kinks. Rome wasn't built over night( i know cheesy ). I totally understand the frustration that is coming about from the e-mails. like i mentioned before they are trying to prevent their image from being tarnished but you guys are tarnishing it for them. I'm sure the guys at gh probably regret ever starting this project up. They're saving quite a few people some bux. but the people at gh have lost alot of their time, heart, and soul putting this thing together so we just have to see where time takes us. Im sure this has been a very stressful two years for the company. Im sure they are anticipating the day of release just as much as we are.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I think it's safe to speculate that this huge, upcoming, and delayed delivery of parts is make or break for hopper labs. These parts should be there this week, and will either save the company or sink it.

Frank Reynolds

They're saving quite a few people some bux. but the people at gh have lost alot of their time, heart, and soul putting this thing together so we just have to see where time takes us.

Uhh. What? How have they saved anyone any money except for maybe themselves? I gave them $150 and have gotten absolutely nothing in return for it, along with possibly thousands of other people. The Crafty also isn't the only alternative to the GH.

Who's "bux" are being saved again?

If anything they've pushed more people to buy the Crafty than normal (who already spent money on the hopper) beause they got tired of waiting for a vape that was promised to them over a year ago. I've personally ordered THREE separate vapes hoping they'll get to me before the hopper while I wait.

What you don't (or refuse to) understand is that everyone complaining understands Rome wasn't built in a day.

1. This isn't Rome, it's a vaporizer.
2. They have had multiple years and have missed every single deadline they have set for themselves.

People just want honesty.

Last edited:

zymos

@grokit not sure I agree it's that dire for their survival as a business, knowing nothing about their financial health.
Even if their reputation suffers and every backer curses them and every preorder cancels, things could still turn out OK for GHL- there's just too much we aren't privy to.
This IS their chance to turn things around, it's just that it may not be their last and only chance...

grokit

well-worn member
@grokit not sure I agree it's that dire for their survival as a business, knowing nothing about their financial health.
Even if their reputation suffers and every backer curses them and every preorder cancels, things could still turn out OK for GHL- there's just too much we aren't privy to.
This IS their chance to turn things around, it's just that it may not be their last and only chance...
Perhaps I'm being dramatic, but they created the drama. Anyways I hope you're right :tup:

radiant34

Uhh. What? How have they saved anyone any money except for maybe themselves? I gave them $150 and have gotten absolutely nothing in return for it, along with possibly thousands of other people. The Crafty also isn't the only alternative to the GH.

Who's "bux" are being saved again?

If anything they've pushed more people to buy the Crafty than normal (who already spent money on the hopper) beause they got tired of waiting for a vape that was promised to them over a year ago. I've personally ordered THREE separate vapes hoping they'll get to me before the hopper while I wait.

What you don't (or refuse to) understand is that everyone complaining understands Rome wasn't built in a day.

1. This isn't Rome, it's a vaporizer.
2. They have had multiple years and have missed every single deadline they have set for themselves.

People just want honesty.

all in all at the end of the day you still miss the point. In the near future you'll have your product and you'll totally forget what it was like to bitch and moan about it not being in your hands.

Mod note: Telling someone they are bitching and moaning is not nice. Warning point issued.

Last edited by a moderator:
radiant34,

Frank Reynolds

all in all at the end of the day you still miss the point. In the near future you'll have your product and you'll totally forget what it was like to bitch and moan about it not being in your hands.
I guarantee I will not forget. And I didn't miss your point, it just wasn't a very good one. Once I have my hopper I don't care if it's better than sliced bread I will recommend every single one of my friends hold off until a different company produces them or something similar.

This has been the most ridiculous business transaction I have ever been a part of in my life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom