The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

zymos

It's vaporizer Russian Roulette- one out of 20 will be a dud and have to be sent back for replacement.
Better than almost one in 10 though....

zymos,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
what I take away from this update... and hope is true, is most people who receive their hoppers are just not posting about it anywhere bc they work fine and have no issues but those who do have issues let everyone know so its most defective units vs the few people who have no issues and report back which makes it seem like there's more screw-ups than there really are

I think that our sample bias (people who ordered and are a part of an online community) is possibly a part of it. I'd wager that most people who purchased one probably don't post anything online about it, either due to not being active online or (possible) fear due to location.

zymos

People who aren't active online should have the exact same failure rate as FC members or any other group of owners.

AgentXero

All I wanna know (at this point) is the status of backer units being shipped - xxxx/2700. I'm a June preorder so I feel like once al the backers are taken care of then the hopper will really take off. Hoping, anyway.

RelaxedNow

Well, since I'm tired of trying to teach my wife how to navigate the menus on my ecig (oil cartridges), and she just can't seem to get the hang of the Firefly (I love it!), and since she doesn't care for the ESV, I ordered a Grasshopper for her a few minutes ago. Hopefully, it'll arrive in time for Christmas, and hopefully she'll like it. If not, I'll be happy to give it a try. Heck, even if she does like it, I'll give it a shot. Think she'll figure out my game?

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

Well, since I'm tired of trying to teach my wife how to navigate the menus on my ecig (oil cartridges), and she just can't seem to get the hang of the Firefly (I love it!), and since she doesn't care for the ESV, I ordered a Grasshopper for her a few minutes ago. Hopefully, it'll arrive in time for Christmas, and hopefully she'll like it. If not, I'll be happy to give it a try. Heck, even if she does like it, I'll give it a shot. Think she'll figure out my game?

Go ahead and start on that Happy Valentines Day card.

I was a November 29th backer - I've had mine for two weeks.
I emailed them today saying that orders after mine (Nov. 28th) were already shipped and this is the response I got from them:

"We have not yet begun shipping Grasshoppers to Backers with your contribution date. We are still estimating your Grasshopper to ship in September. We appreciate your patience."

I really wanted to forward them to your post but what is it worth....

They had my ship date at August until the very last day of August. They hadn't changed it when they changed the majority of backers to September, and still no confirmation for me.

Paitient_Grasshopper,
Reactions: grokit

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I emailed them today saying that orders after mine (Nov. 28th) were already shipped and this is the response I got from them:

"We have not yet begun shipping Grasshoppers to Backers with your contribution date. We are still estimating your Grasshopper to ship in September. We appreciate your patience."

They had my ship date at August until the very last day of August. They hadn't changed it when they changed the majority of backers to September, and still no confirmation for me.

Somewhere in this thread there is an explanation from Grasshopper regarding non-chronological order fulfillment. They claimed that since they made a certain amount of each type of hopper (SS, Ti, Green Ti, Bronze Ti, etc) that if an order further back in line was for something produced that day, say Bronze Ti, it could get shipped ahead of someone's earlier order for something they ran out of, for example, that day's SS batch.

It's not a lie if you believe it.

Last edited:

hippogriff

We've only heard from @HoustonGuide for that date, otherwise everybody else hearing or receiving is from the early Nov 20s (I think November 23rd is the 2nd latest I've seen). Nov 29th is an anomaly (or maybe he ordered the least popular color Ti?). It'll be ok, maybe (they have shipped somewhere around 1/3 of all backers, that's good), they just based the new estimates on the best possible outcome again. I'd guess you're right on the edge for getting your shipping notice in September, but unless they are doubling their speed, like this week, you'll receive in October. With some pre-orders still having October estimates, seems like another round of revisions is inevitable, since at their current pace Backers'll go into November easy. Who knows what'll happen, keep those expectations low! :tup:

hippogriff,
Somewhere in this thread there is an explanation from Grasshopper regarding non-chronological order fulfillment. They claimed that since they made a certain amount of each type of hopper (SS, Ti, Green Ti, Bronze Ti, etc) that if an order further back in line was for something produced that day, say Bronze Ti, it could get shipped ahead of someone's earlier order for something they ran out of, for example, that day's SS batch.

It's not a lie if you believe it.
That is true. I have thought about changing to bronze to get mine quicker, instead I changed mine from Dark Grey to Blue and now the Grey's are appearing in the wild and I have yet to see a Blue arrive for anyone, but I may have missed someone posting theirs.

Paitient_Grasshopper,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Devastating ... I'm sure that all the FC crew here feel your pain and hope your fix arrives quickly.
Not too bad when I have two other Hoppers.
IwmmNV2.jpg

HoustonGuide

We've only heard from @HoustonGuide for that date, otherwise everybody else hearing or receiving is from the early Nov 20s (I think November 23rd is the 2nd latest I've seen). Nov 29th is an anomaly (or maybe he ordered the least popular color Ti?). It'll be ok, maybe (they have shipped somewhere around 1/3 of all backers, that's good), they just based the new estimates on the best possible outcome again. I'd guess you're right on the edge for getting your shipping notice in September, but unless they are doubling their speed, like this week, you'll receive in October. With some pre-orders still having October estimates, seems like another round of revisions is inevitable, since at their current pace Backers'll go into November easy. Who knows what'll happen, keep those expectations low! :tup:
I have the Bronze, so that might have something to do with it.

CharlieBelmont

- That was Sept 11th.

And just received tracking # today, so 4 days from address confirmation to shipping! 1 stainless, 1 extra battery. Estimated delivery Friday. Still will only believe it when it's in my hands.

Holy RECEIVED! Surreal, I can't recall knowingly waiting on anything this long before.

7 days from address conf to in my hands for reg stainless.

No irregularities to report. Seems to work GREAT. I am impressed.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can't find the "GH anticipation shipping thread" to post my question, so:

I preordered one, expected delivery date was mid of october, When can I expect to get it, please? (I know it is delayed...)

PPN,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer

hippogriff

Only "confirmation received" post lately (from Reddit) is for a Nov 21st Backer, does anyone know better? Seems like their speed is as slow as ever, I don't see how November Backers could possibly be cleared this month, can't find any evidence they're speeding up.

Top Bottom