The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Heres is the pic. Looks very sexy Whisper, wish I got a Green as well. That clip goes well with it.

If they don't load try these,
http://postimg.org/image/t12ok8o4j/
http://s5.postimg.org/70mc3m5gm/image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Modnote: Edited to fix image links

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWhisper

TheWhisper,
Reactions: tubasco

°k

The sound of vapor
Following up on this, my shipping estimate has been pushed back from August to September and I've just received my shipping confirmation for everything but the Ti case and the oil front end (that includes the June order for extra batteries).
My order status on their site now reads partially shipped and USPS has picked up the parcel according to their tracking system.

It should be more or less 10 days I'd say before I get it, depending on the customs and stuff, I'll update you guys with the cost and hopefully another report of a perfectly fine unit.

*Starts dancing in circle to keep the evil spirits of hot back end, flashing lights and scratches away*
I got it today, had to go to the delivery office to pay a £30 customs fee and pick it up.

Capturetracking.jpg

I haven't spent much time with it but so far things appear alright, no extremely hot or stuck backend, no light of death or anything I could identify as bad. The mouthpiece gets hot, let's see if I can figure out the best way to enjoy it, hopefully it won't dictate too much how to use it but it's definitely looking like it's a few hits vape as opposed to a session one (I use my air for like 30-40 minutes usually) which is fine with me of course (that'll save me time during lunch breaks!).
Anyway I'll have a better idea of this finally becoming tangible vape after spending more time with it and should I feel I'll have anything relevant to say I'll do it on the regular GH thread (because now I can! :D).

Last edited:

minnemike

It looks like I just made some cut-off, I ordered on March 13, 2015 and am now scheduled for Oct. but after me there is someone that ordered on March 17, 2015 and they are scheduled for Nov.

I guess it does not really matter, I have a feeling I won't see mine till Dec. but hopefully all the issues will be worked out by then. I don't fancy sending it back.
Yep - I ordered March 21 and now slated for Nov... originally May

minnemike,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I got it today, had to go to the delivery office to pay a £30 customs fee and pick it up.

Capturetracking.jpg

I haven't spent much time with it but so far things appear alright, no extremely hot or stuck backend, no light of death or anything I could identify as bad. The mouthpiece gets hot, let's see if I can figure out the best way to enjoy it, hopefully it won't dictate too much how to use it but it's definitely looking like it's a few hits vape as opposed to a session one (I use my air for like 30-40 minutes usually) which is fine with me of course (that'll save me time during lunch breaks!).
Anyway I'll have a better idea of this finally becoming tangible vape after spending more time with it and should I feel I'll have anything relevant to say I'll do it on the regular GH thread (because now I can! :D).

Be round in 5, put the kettle on

EmDeemo,
Reactions: °k

°k

The sound of vapor
By the way I forgot to say that on the package was written the detailed description of the content and its value, GHL listed it as follow:

Charger
Lithium Ion battery
Herbal vaporizer
Lithium Ion battery

I think this might only be for shipments sent out of the US, I might be wrong though. I thought I'd mention it anyway as this might have its importance for some.

°k,

HoustonGuide

By the way I forgot to say that on the package was written the detailed description of the content and its value, GHL listed it as follow:

Charger
Lithium Ion battery
Herbal vaporizer
Lithium Ion battery

I think this might only be for shipments sent out of the US, I might be wrong though. I thought I'd mention it anyway as this might have its importance for some.
You're probably right - at least there was nothing on the outside of my (USA) shipment. It was the proverbial plain brown wrapper, except for the Hopper Labs return address.

HoustonGuide,
Reactions: jojo0420

fyx

Just ordered mine... Now the long wait begins.. I haven't paid too much attention, have they been speeding things up or pushing dates back? Got an estimated ship date of December, curious if it'll be pushed back or there's a chance I get it sooner.

fyx

Mine has gone:

May->July->August->September->November

Good luck.
Wow... That's kind of scary. I hope they speed their process up and not push it out too far, I understand being a new company and all, just don't have the patience to wait as long as you have..

fyx,

StonedPerk

Light up the world
My
Wow... That's kind of scary. I hope they speed their process up and not push it out too far, I understand being a new company and all, just don't have the patience to wait as long as you have..
Shipping date is for October so hoping they stick to October cause idk how much longer I could wait it's driving me crazy but if I opt to get a refund now later on that hopper might turn into 300 dollars I mean it truely is worth every penny so the price it's at now is a no brainer. So October hopefully I get my purple Ti hopper. BTW tonight or tomorrow they should have given their newest update since September 1st so hopefully we get good news not just bullshit mixed with filler or one of those hey sorry guys we've been making so many hops our machine broke excuse hahha . To all you hoppers waiting patiently I feel your pain use another vape or go back to combustion for a couple weeks lol. Stay wavy my friends

StonedPerk,

hippogriff

Things I'm curious about for tonite's update:
- total numbers out
- details on the backend issues
- status of line in x/week

I don't expect to get any of that, but it'd be nice to put everything in context. Feels like many failure reports (people on second or third replacements is the part I want explained) but who knows, maybe there's 800 hoppers out and we only hear about the worst & the best? Anyway, I'm still September and that seemed like a lofty goal at their 2-weeks-ago rate, so hoping for useful details.

StonedPerk

Light up the world
Things I'm curious about for tonite's update:
- total numbers out
- details on the backend issues
- status of line in x/week

I don't expect to get any of that, but it'd be nice to put everything in context. Feels like many failure reports (people on second or third replacements is the part I want explained) but who knows, maybe there's 800 hoppers out and we only hear about the worst & the best? Anyway, I'm still September and that seemed like a lofty goal at their 2-weeks-ago rate, so hoping for useful details.
Still no update anywhere online smh

StonedPerk,
D

Deleted member 23961

Hi Everyone,

The team here is working hard on shipping and further improving the assembly process. We are continuing to ramp up production with the addition of employees and machinery. Grasshoppers are coming off the line faster and we are satisfied with how the process is smoothing out. We’re moving further down the backer list and sending batches of shipping address confirmations daily.

The number of reported problems with Grasshoppers has significantly dropped since the August 15th update. Over 30 days, we have reduced this rate from 9% to 5%. This is significant. We shipped more units than ever last month and had less problems.

This is still not good enough and we’ve implemented a few additional changes to further prevent issues. When users first encountered the slow Red/Blue lights, we quickly moved that sensor mounting process in house. At that time this issue accounted for 80% of user problems. Once in house it accounted for just 10% of reported problems. Over the last 30 days we’ve redoubled our efforts on this and our new solution has a perfect track record in testing so far. Additionally, we’ve made a few tweaks to the Back End to prevent any dial trouble.

The cases and other accessories are very important to us and we are working to get them done. We are taking the same rigorous approach to their design and know that it will pay off.

With that in mind, our priority is still to get more Grasshoppers out the door and fix any issues our users encounter.

A few changes to the website include the addition of the user's manual, and the option to purchase an additional charger separately. A warranty service request form will be added shortly which will streamline the service process and allow replacements to go out even faster. For backers who have already received their units, Extra Batteries and Session Extenders will ship within a few days if ordered from the store.

We will update you on October 1st with all the progress.

The Grasshopper Team

grokit

well-worn member
We've had an address confirmation email but then nothing but fob offs. This was about a month ago. Trying to be patient
I could be mistaken, but I have not read of any confirmations after nov 21'13 order date?

If this is the case, then the best we may realistically hope for is that they get through the nov'13 orders this month, and then on to the dec'13 orders by next month (in oct'15).

hippogriff

I could be mistaken, but I have not read of any confirmations after nov 21'13 order date?

If this is the case, then the best we may realistically hope for is that they get through the nov'13 orders this month, and then on to the dec'13 orders by next month (in oct'15).
Yeah, that's realistic optimism. [speculation] They were ~120/week & ~650 delivered 2 weeks ago, and have not quite doubled their output so ~215/week but they're still at ~25% mark of backers w/ Nov 21. So getting through November 28 in 2 weeks is possible at current pace, but that's ready to ship w/ actual delivery pushing a week or more into October. They'd have to more than double that pace to get all of December built in October, w/ delivery pushing into November... [/speculation] that was fun.

Anyway, 5% and going lower is nice context, and at least 200 hoppers/week is real progress. They have their work cut out for them managing growth + backlog, bet it's an interesting time.

Top Bottom