The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Kev_lar

Youth is wasted on the young
When my address conf. was two weeks old I emailed Caroline and she responded next day with a shipping conf., hoppers arrived in three days.
I had gotten add. conf. email along with several people here, then saw that they were receiving theirs and I was not!

Yeah, sending an email might be a good plan at this point. Tuesday will mark 21 days since address conf. and now I see them coming across for late Feb orders. I haven't seen anyone ahead of me actually receive one yet though.

Purple Lava Lamp

When GHL sent their October update a couple days ago, I read "We have sent address confirmation emails to all February pre-orders" and thought, "Liars!" but then checked and sure enough, they had sent my address confirm link just a couple hours earlier....

The last sentence of that e-mail said "If you would like to make any last minute upgrades, changes or additions to your order you can do so by replying to this email." And I do indeed want to order more batteries, but I decided to just click the link rather than reply because I've heard that changing your order can delay your shipping by an additional week or more.

I have not received a shipping confirmation yet.

I placed my order on Feb. 25, 2016, Order ID: 2493X. Original shipping estimate: April 2016 :rofl:

tr33sPlease

When GHL sent their October update a couple days ago, I read "We have sent address confirmation emails to all February pre-orders" and thought, "Liars!" but then checked and sure enough, they had sent my address confirm link just a couple hours earlier....

The last sentence of that e-mail said "If you would like to make any last minute upgrades, changes or additions to your order you can do so by replying to this email." And I do indeed want to order more batteries, but I decided to just click the link rather than reply because I've heard that changing your order can delay your shipping by an additional week or more.

I have not received a shipping confirmation yet.

I placed my order on Feb. 25, 2016, Order ID: 2493X. Original shipping estimate: April 2016 :rofl:

I think that the delay being caused by people changing their order with their address conf is a superstition, that does not meet reality. I added 5 batteries to mine and it still shipped a day later...it all depends on their stock and I just got lucky.

Good luck on your wait...I have had mine for four months and still love it!

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think that the delay being caused by people changing their order with their address conf is a superstition, that does not meet reality. I added 5 batteries to mine and it still shipped a day later...it all depends on their stock and I just got lucky.

Good luck on your wait...I have had mine for four months and still love it!
Some make a suggestion based on experience (right @JoeMama?). Or some folks just gets lucky!

I added batteries to my order, ignoring (per the suggestion in the email) the link that went to only confirming my address.
I saw others, who had similar hopper-types on order and got their address conf. in same batch as me, get their orders well ahead of me, like a week or so.
I do not think delay will be only dependent on stock availability, though of course that would be the main thing.
Adding an item adds a couple of steps to the process of getting the order out. Someone had to take the time to create and send invoice and process payment, a step which may or may not be fully automated. Any additional steps are potential stumble.

Okay, for extra credit today, who was it said, "When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer."

vapviking,
Reactions: JoeMama

tr33sPlease

Some make a suggestion based on experience (right @JoeMama?). Or some folks just gets lucky!

I added batteries to my order, ignoring (per the suggestion in the email) the link that went to only confirming my address.
I saw others, who had similar hopper-types on order and got their address conf. in same batch as me, get their orders well ahead of me, like a week or so.
I do not think delay will be only dependent on stock availability, though of course that would be the main thing.
Adding an item adds a couple of steps to the process of getting the order out. Someone had to take the time to create and send invoice and process payment, a step which may or may not be fully automated. Any additional steps are potential stumble.

Okay, for extra credit today, who was it said, "When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer."

They also could have been ahead of you in line then they ran out of stock of your hopper type before they got to you then you had to wait. We know that just bc they send an address confirmation does not mean they actually have stock ready to send, as evidenced by some of the really long delays for people who confirmed immediately. If they don't have stock of your hopper, then it doesn't matter what you do when you confirm, you aren't getting it any faster or slower.

I got mine when they were pumping out a month's worth of orders every week for like three weeks (right before the charger 2.0 delay) and were on fire.

tr33sPlease,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They also could have been ahead of you in line then they ran out of stock of your hopper type before they got to you then you had to wait. We know that just bc they send an address confirmation does not mean they actually have stock ready to send, as evidenced by some of the really long delays for people who confirmed immediately.
As I waited I looked at dates of order, address confirms and items shipped. The "could have" scenario you describe, while a viable suggestion, was not the case. It remains that I have no other explanation, so I look to the one difference in detail, the fact that I had added something to my order.
No big deal, now that I'm on the other side of it all shipping on warranty claims is very fast!

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I wonder if anyone has gotten their shipping for Jan, Feb ? . Guess I won't get address conformation any day soon :(

Hjalmark,
Reactions: Kev_lar
Top Bottom