The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pretty much everybody is estimated for May, except those like me and @Ratchett, people who ordered December 2014 through early March 2015 have April estimates. Simple as that, same like it was the last two updates, putting pretty much everyone in one month basically. So that is either very good news, or more of the same, depending how you look at glasses that are filled halfway...

I'm just so curious about the approach of saying shipping times would be more accurate and expecting anybody to believe that they can catch up in less than two months. Does anyone here think it's possible? Why not give themselves a little more wiggle room? Unless all the speculation about them trying to skirt Paypal's TOS is true. It seems to be the only thing that makes sense to me.

BTW, this is my first post here, and I've been obsessively reading every page all week, so thanks for all the great content. I've been following along on the GH subreddit for a few months, and decided to check out FC. After finally pulling the trigger on pre-ordering a GH about 2 weeks ago, I'm weirdly and obsessively enjoying all the drama and anticipation surrounding this product. What a ride.

JoeMama

However, you, as "pre-orderer" can get your money back any time, just for the asking.

Does GHL even read these posts here or other places like Reddit? How does a company not take all this to heart and stop with the bullshit PC/CYA emails and "updates", and GET ON THE FORUMS and cultivate it's fucking customer base instead of popping in once in a while, throwing some raw hamburger meat on the floor, then turning on their heels while shutting the cage again?

Sure, I 'can cancel anytime and get full refund'.
But it's a lame defense of their behavior.

EDIT: @lushid I could not agree with you more. Well said.
EDIT: @spacebuckette Welcome to Purgatory!:wave:

Last edited:

AgentXero

I've never read PayPal TOS but if the two month window thing is true then they could have estimated old and new preorders to June rather than May right? I got an email today from Caroline and said that they have been spending the last few weeks getting the new employees up to speed and ready to ship units out at a "record rate."

Who knows though

Omphaloskeptic

Has anyone actually seen the Paypal TOS that say that units must ship within 2 months or this just wild speculation?

The Paypal policy regarding presales is here. Much of the discussion is misinformation, as the preorder-to-ship window is stated as 20 days rather than 60 days. That being said, PayPal seems to allow some exceptions to this rule on a case-by-case basis.

That being said, PayPal seems to allow some exceptions to this rule on a case-by-case basis.
I would think that would be the case. I can't see it being a hard-and-fast rule for PayPal, and I can't imagine them suspending (or even threatening to suspend) GL's account unless there were a serious flood of complaints.

But I completely understand how people could reach this PayPal TOS conclusion because I just can't wrap my head around any other reason for not being even slightly more reasonable with shipping estimates.

Omphaloskeptic

I just can't wrap my head around any other reason for not being even slightly more reasonable with shipping estimates.

Pure speculation, but it may be that they need a continued influx of pre-orders to maintain cash flow. If they listed 'Out of Stock' or a 1-year delivery date for current orders, all new ordering would stop. They also can't put a 2-month window on their website for new orders while showing accurate longer ESD's for outstanding orders, or they'd have a (bigger) riot on their hands.

tr33sPlease

I've never read PayPal TOS but if the two month window thing is true then they could have estimated old and new preorders to June rather than May right? I got an email today from Caroline and said that they have been spending the last few weeks getting the new employees up to speed and ready to ship units out at a "record rate."

Who knows though

Record rate of 7 grasshoppers shipped a week instead of 6! Woohoo!

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
Has anyone actually seen the Paypal TOS that say that units must ship within 2 months or this just wild speculation?
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/presale-policy-and-reserves

"Am I allowed to presell?
Yes, you are allowed to presell items as long as you follow these guidelines.

Off eBay presale requirements

If you sell items in an online store (not eBay), you must guarantee delivery within 20 days from the date of purchase and make sure that the customer knows they are buying a presale item."

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Pure speculation, but it may be that they need a continued influx of pre-orders to maintain cash flow. If they listed 'Out of Stock' or a 1-year delivery date for current orders, all new ordering would stop. They also can't put a 2-month window on their website for new orders while showing accurate longer ESD's for outstanding orders, or they'd have a (bigger) riot on their hands.
I see the projections conundrum as you've laid it out and agree it's a rock and a hard place, for HL.
I don't necessarily think that - short rerm- they need preorder income. Only because we have no clue about their situation. For all anyone knows, they could have any number of financial backers now, with no expectations of profit in the near term. Doubtful, but we don't know what we don't know, as the saying goes.
They play the classic carrot and stick gambit, no? The donkey can see it and smell it and it's wiggling around there, but step toward the carrot and it moves away.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
IMO Hopper Labs needs the income that's coming in for the preorders or they would say "out of stock". It's expensive to start a business and keep it running. They have a group of employees they need to give a pay check to. Even if they have a loan or a lot of donors yet, I wouldn't have a clue.
The company has bills they have to pay.
We have a business, there are a lot of state taxes as well as federal taxes too. You have to spend money to make it.

There's a reason that they continue to lure customers even though there's not a ready product. Folks out in the wild that don't pay attention to boards like FC. They are believing they will get their product in a couple months not 12 -15 months, that's a guess on my part.

Even though the company realizes their estimates are off they don't seem to care. After all it's an estimate not a real date.

Last edited:

Crow

Im so parahnoid about all of this lol. Im obviously very new to this forum and learning. Just hopped over to reddit. Its kind of scary what people are going through. As far refunds go and emails from Caroline are very passive no concrete answers. And rumored mass shipment of tens of thousands of units in May?

Im new to vaping purchased a MFLB and liked it but i want something way better. The Grasshopper is what i wanted in a vape. I dont have the budget to buy something while waiting. So my question is if i get a refund what would be a vape somewhat close to it or is there one?

@CarolKing yes you are right about people in the wild not knowing about FC. Im one of them.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Im so parahnoid about all of this lol. Im obviously very new to this forum and learning. Just hopped over to reddit. Its kind of scary what people are going through. As far refunds go and emails from Caroline are very passive no concrete answers. And rumored mass shipment of tens of thousands of units in May?

Im new to vaping purchased a MFLB and liked it but i want something way better. The Grasshopper is what i wanted in a vape. I dont have the budget to buy something while waiting. So my question is if i get a refund what would be a vape somewhat close to it or is there one?

@CarolKing yes you are right about people in the wild not knowing about FC. Im one of them.

Arizer Air does not have the power or convenience. The closest analogue would be a Thermovape T1, kinda mflb meets Grasshopper really,company folded so no more lifetime warranty but plenty of stock and they're super durable, not too pricey...

The only vapes that seem capable of delivering this performance require a wait: Grasshopper, Milaana, Firefly2, Indica o2, Apollo as it catches up to orders (had a timely launch, but that's bigger and has longer heat up than these instant others actually).

However there are ones available now that are very solid, but imo lacking compared the next generation listed above: Elevape, Firefly, Firewood3, perhaps even torch powered vapes for performance but they don't have stealth (except maybe VapCap but different)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was thinking on the lines of something that looked somewhat stealth. The Air is more of a session vaporizer. The Magic Flight Launch Box is an on demand type of unit but you need to insert the battery every time you want a draw. It doesn't look stealth either.

The Ariazer Air is a well made unit that hasn't had very many problems. It's made by a company that's been around for a while and has a good reputation. Maybe a session vape isn't for you?

It is on for 10 min but a person could cut that time down and just have a 2 min session. You can add as much cannabis as you want. It doesn't use a lot of product to get the job done.

Last edited:

Crow

I need something small and can be used on the quickie lol. I want to vape during my lunch break at work without smelling like i just baked up. Also need it for when i go out for daytrips on my motorcycle or if i go out of town for a few days. Being able to adjust temps to get a small dose or a heavy dose of meds. I dont want to rip through a whole bowl when im at work or out on the bike, just enough to keep me slightly medicated or heavy medicated if work is slow lol. I want to pack it up when i leave in the morning and be able to hit it through out the day without wasting. I liked the Grasshopper for the fact that its supposed to be convection, super efficient, stealthy, small enough to ride in my pocket all day, able to rip it hard as hell not sip on it like MFLB(lets just say i hated the MFLB lol), and able stick it on the end of a 14mm waterjoint and use it at home. I really thought the GH would replace my bowl and be used on the bong therefore no more combustion. That wait though is not what i intended. Pushed to May i was like OK fine. But reading that ESD have been pushed back every month for over a year is crazy.

Shit Snacks

I was thinking on the lines of something that looked somewhat stealth. The Air is more of a session vaporizer. The Magic Flight Launch Box is an on demand type of unit but you need to insert the battery every time you want a draw. It doesn't look stealth either.

The Ariazer Air is a well made unit that hasn't had very many problems. It's made by a company that's been around for a while and has a good reputation. Maybe a session vape isn't for you?

It is on for 10 min but a person could cut that time down and just have a 2 min session. You can add as much cannabis as you want. It doesn't use a lot of product to get the job done.

Yeah, mflb is tiny and palmable like Indica, but I wouldn't recommend that either, despite being on demand (it is conduction too).

And I did indeed have an Air (and a Solo) that i enjoyed very much for a while, they then degraded on me as instant on demand vapes killed session conduction style for me. Solo was my second that really got me going, but T1 was my first so when i got Elevape after Indica (and LSV+UD) it was finally back to ideal vaporizing for me. I actually had wanted a Grasshopper instead of Solo, but missed the campaign so got on the waitlist to pre order and did asap. Been through many other vapes as well (Zion and Milaana got me to no longer miss anything about my Air/Solo), but to me Arizer is like the nice version of an xmax v2 pro, so great if you want session style like that, but if it's just a placeholder then might as well save money and go for an xmax Imag+ or Flowermate even imo. It is the best of that style but nowhere near as powerful or efficient as any on demand pure convection vape.

If the goal is to truly substitute for the GH performance wise, none of these session vapes really can at all (just like a GH can't be a session vape that well apparently). But for stealth too, imo on demand is also stealthier than session style, even if not neccesarily as sleek and simple as a Air/xmax pen style.

Last edited:

Crow

Yeah, mflb is tiny and palmable like Indica, but I wouldn't recommend that either, despite being on demand (it is conduction too).

And I did indeed have an Air (and a Solo) that i enjoyed very much for a while, they then degraded on me as instant on demand vapes killed session conduction style for me. Solo was my second that really got me going, but T1 was my first so when got Elevape after Indica (and LSV+UD) I was finally back to ideal vaporizing for me. I actually had wanted a Grasshopper instead of Solo, but missed the campaign so got on the waitlist to
Flowermate 5.0s on puffitup for $79. Id be willing to get something around $100 or less for the time being until i lose my patience with HL. Whats something i could get to replace my bowl for the time being? Stealth, efficient, durable, rips good,can be packed in the morning and take a couple quick hits id say every 3-4 hours through out the day. Also would like it to be worth using while at the house.

Shit Snacks

Flowermate 5.0s on puffitup for $79. Id be willing to get something around $100 or less for the time being until i lose my patience with HL. Whats something i could get to replace my bowl for the time being? Stealth, efficient, durable, rips good,can be packed in the morning and take a couple quick hits id say every 3-4 hours through out the day. Also would like it to be worth using while at the house.

Puffitup also will work with you in pricing if you message him, they offer the xmax v2 pro even cheaper and it has better temps and replacable batteries over FM5s, and they offer the Imag+ or 3 very very cheap I believe...

The thing is everytime you then it on it will cook the bowl so effects and predominantly taste will suffer, but you likely won't care given your experience. My buddy used his Imag on demand esque like that, it does short sessions but you can pack a full bowl and have it last. They all have the same ceramic tube ovens actually.

They function more joint like than bowl like, but manageable, have another friend who replaced his bowl with an xmax, so it can be done. More pipe like, would be analog vapes like Lotus or Lily, not quite as stealth but great for a quick hit or two like Elevape, Firefly, and even Thermovape are...

Poke around some of these threads and see what you like, there are actually quite a few solid options

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Crow

Puffitup also will work with you in pricing if you message him, they offer the xmax v2 pro even cheaper and it has better temps and replacable batteries over FM5s, and they offer the Imag+ or 3 very very cheap I believe...

The thing is everytime you then it on it will cook the bowl so effects and predominantly taste will suffer, but you likely won't care given your experience. My buddy used his Imag on demand esque like that, it does short sessions but you can pack a full bowl and have it last. They all have the same ceramic tube ovens actually.

They function more joint like than bowl like, but manageable, have another friend who replaced his bowl with an xmax, so it can be done. More pipe like, would be analog vapes like Lotus or Lily, not quite as stealth but great for a quick hit or two like Elevape, Firefly, and even Thermovape are...

Poke around some of these threads and see what you like, there are actually quite a few solid options
The xmax is super cheap like $59 And has a 14mm water adapter. Is it decent?

BadDog No

@Crow: Lots of used FireFlys on the market. The earliest ones had weak batteries and sometimes fragile heaters, but the newer ones are fine. True convection, sparing on herb, great taste. I bought a spare recently here like new in the classified section because I loved my first one so much. That's what I'm using while I wait for my GH to ship (sort of returning to the thread ;)). Last time I looked there was one for $75 here.

Crow

@Crow: Lots of used FireFlys on the market. The earliest ones had weak batteries and sometimes fragile heaters, but the newer ones are fine. True convection, sparing on herb, great taste. I bought a spare recently here like new in the classified section because I loved my first one so much. That's what I'm using while I wait for my GH to ship (sort of returning to the thread ;)). Last time I looked there was one for $75 here.
Id try the Firefly for that price lol

Top Bottom