The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Vaperist

So, Hopper Labs claims they are sending preorder address confirmations in purchase order but this is not true (they stated this in the comments of their latest facebook post). I am a 12/23/14 stainless steel preorder and have seen multiple people receive confirmations with orders dated after 12/23/14. I emailed them asking about this and received this response:

"Hi There,

Your order has not been lost. We are very close to sending your address confirmation email. Keep your eyes out in the next few weeks.

Best,
Caroline"

If a 12/23/14 preorder address confirmation is still "a few weeks" away, then what they are stating continues to make no sense.

perhaps Ti orders are moving faster that SS for some reason.

PurpleDazed

so they are still over a year behind.

Id luv to have one but i have zero patience to be waiting.

perhaps when they dont show a few months wait on their website Ill order one.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

They are over a year behind with orders by choice.

What would you rather have them do - make 1000's of defective hoppers and ship out a big box of disappointment to *every* customer who's ordered. Or would you rather them take their time making slight revisions to the design so they can increase the reliability and performance of the vaporizer.

You wouldn't want to buy a car that had never been crash-tested would you?

That's why I never buy the first revision of any product - I like to wait a few months for a product to evolve and bugs to get worked out (even with smartphones - I like to wait until the second batch is manufactured before getting a latest-edition phone)

I fully believe they have had the capability to ramp up production dramatically for months now. but haven't been willing to do so because of reliability issues with early shipments. (I truly wonder what their initial failure rates were). I also believe that GHL wouldn't have manufactured dozens of IGG backer retail kits if they weren't ready to begin that mass production.

At this time, I personally would say don't even bother placing preordering - probably won't ship any faster than if you do wait for them to "catch up" on the past year of orders

Vaperist

prices like that will not stay forever. if you wait too long you might have to pay more.

Vaperist,
Reactions: lovecrush

MonkeyTime

They are over a year behind with orders by choice.

What would you rather have them do - make 1000's of defective hoppers and ship out a big box of disappointment to *every* customer who's ordered. Or would you rather them take their time making slight revisions to the design so they can increase the reliability and performance of the vaporizer.

You wouldn't want to buy a car that had never been crash-tested would you?

That's why I never buy the first revision of any product - I like to wait a few months for a product to evolve and bugs to get worked out (even with smartphones - I like to wait until the second batch is manufactured before getting a latest-edition phone)

I fully believe they have had the capability to ramp up production dramatically for months now. but haven't been willing to do so because of reliability issues with early shipments. (I truly wonder what their initial failure rates were). I also believe that GHL wouldn't have manufactured dozens of IGG backer retail kits if they weren't ready to begin that mass production.

At this time, I personally would say don't even bother placing preordering - probably won't ship any faster than if you do wait for them to "catch up" on the past year of orders

A voice of reason!

I'm actually very impressed with the pace this is moving at. I will openly side note my own comment and acknowledge I haven't waited very long, and maybe that's why I can see it for what it is.

This company went from an idea, to production in around three years. There were hiccups, but there always are. In this time, they've conceptualized a new vape, designed it, made and tested it and are are now producing it. All the while, being a product that many of you are calling a game changer.

I'm extremely impressed.

The idea of them feeling comfortable with sending out retail kits meaning we were in a good place also occurred to me.

I think we're in a very exciting time for vaporizing. This market is underdeveloped and unsaturated. People will start coming up with some incredible ideas and we're going to be the beneficiaries.

And now back to our normally scheduled discussions of what they've done incorrectly!

JoeMama

I don't mind waiting...I just wish they wouldn't provide estimates that they obviously won't be able to meet.
... and that is the whole point, right there. 85% of the posts in this forum (and I claim my fair share) are not about the product, but the people behind it.

Jonvape

I ordered Dec 12, 2015 #234xx and have an estimated ship date of March 2016. Seems like a whole year of pre-orders are scheduled to ship in a 1 month period!

I placed my order on 1/8/16 order#239xx, Looks like 500 sold since 12/12/15. My shipping date is still stating March 2016.

Jonvape,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Very late August 2015
Original estimate Oct 2015
Current estimate March 2016
196XX

Copacetic,

Vaperist

I placed my order on 1/8/16 order#239xx, Looks like 500 sold since 12/12/15. My shipping date is still stating March 2016.
those order ID numbers don't mean a thing. because every purchase get order ID. not only when you order a Hopper. i ordered more battery and leather sleeve after initial Hopper order. got 3 order ID's now. so....

Vapzilla

those order ID numbers don't mean a thing. because every purchase get order ID. not only when you order a Hopper. i ordered more battery and leather sleeve after initial Hopper order. got 3 order ID's now. so....
True that....but
You gotta figure that most of the first few thousand pre-orders have at least one hopper on them. No one needs the accessories without a hopper.
So "we" have to be realistic regardless of their estimated dates, which have never even been close, with still over 7000 open orders.
I'm still trying to remain positive and sure hope that they really ramp up that production line!

Vapzilla,
Reactions: grokit

OMEiAM

February Update:

"Hey Everyone,

February was a great month here at Hopper Labs. We completed fulfillment of the Grasshoppers promised during our indiegogo campaign and made solid progress on shipping pre-orders. We are now working hard to get all the remaining outstanding units delivered as soon as possible.

We are currently in the middle of running the largest production batch of Grasshopper parts ever. Close to half a million individual components are being manufactured and assembled into units. We are once again adding members to our staff and streamlining the assembly process, so we can deliver these units to you quickly.

When we arrive at your spot in the pre-order line, we will send an email asking you to confirm your shipping address. You must confirm your shipping address before we will send your unit out. Once your address is confirmed, your Grasshopper will normally ship within a few business days.

jOzXRFpSgtv9nrO7u2tZEVZx4nLYLGu98k8pNCVcNfYcI0UEOvgcyxzXgWOuGcysxu2XHyn9ycwPLZRq7NNkJxtK9MwaaTPtwXM0cX3uzIIRlzDaAksdQKF-4HSNMQc=s0-d-e1-ft

When you receive your unit:

Every Grasshopper purchased as a pre-order comes with two identifying numbers, its ID Code and Serial Number. You will need both of these codes to register your unit and to receive warranty service. Grasshopper registration will go live on our website within a few weeks. If you need service before then contact service@grasshoppervape.com and provide both identifiers. All indiegogo units will be automatically registered to the contributor's account.

We look forward to delivering everyone's Grasshoppers and will be sending another email update further in March.

The Grasshopper Team"

TRON_iC

Half a million manufactured components is a pretty good sign though, wonder how quickly they can put them together. Good news though

Vaperist

very encouraging news in last update indeed. half a million pieces should cover all pre-orders. :) question is- do they have enough manforce to assemble those Hoppers quickly?

Vaperist,

radiant34

February Update:

"Hey Everyone,

February was a great month here at Hopper Labs. We completed fulfillment of the Grasshoppers promised during our indiegogo campaign and made solid progress on shipping pre-orders. We are now working hard to get all the remaining outstanding units delivered as soon as possible.

We are currently in the middle of running the largest production batch of Grasshopper parts ever. Close to half a million individual components are being manufactured and assembled into units. We are once again adding members to our staff and streamlining the assembly process, so we can deliver these units to you quickly.

When we arrive at your spot in the pre-order line, we will send an email asking you to confirm your shipping address. You must confirm your shipping address before we will send your unit out. Once your address is confirmed, your Grasshopper will normally ship within a few business days.

jOzXRFpSgtv9nrO7u2tZEVZx4nLYLGu98k8pNCVcNfYcI0UEOvgcyxzXgWOuGcysxu2XHyn9ycwPLZRq7NNkJxtK9MwaaTPtwXM0cX3uzIIRlzDaAksdQKF-4HSNMQc=s0-d-e1-ft

When you receive your unit:

Every Grasshopper purchased as a pre-order comes with two identifying numbers, its ID Code and Serial Number. You will need both of these codes to register your unit and to receive warranty service. Grasshopper registration will go live on our website within a few weeks. If you need service before then contact service@grasshoppervape.com and provide both identifiers. All indiegogo units will be automatically registered to the contributor's account.

We look forward to delivering everyone's Grasshoppers and will be sending another email update further in March.

The Grasshopper Team"
how many members are they adding? 1? 2? 6? and are the parts not manufactured yet? or are they and in the process of being assembled. they word these so well with ambiguity.

radiant34,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2
Top Bottom