The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you happy with the FF2, if you could have only one vaporizer other than the FF2, which would it be? I'm asking in order to help consider other choices before making a decision. I'm not a multiple device kind of guy--sort of a minimalist that way. I realize no vape is perfect for all purposes, however, I'd like to find the single best overall choice for my purposes. The FF1 has been good to me for the most part. Although I've mastered technique, it's still a bit less mindless, if you will, to operate. I wouldn't mind, if possible, to have a vape that's truly idiot proof. While it's fairly easy to clean, I wouldn't mind something even easier. Overall, my priority is the least fuss vaporizing experience. Is the FF2 the best choice or something else.

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

Solo vape. Idiot proof reliable easy to clean. my reliable backup. great for small loads

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Xelatsok

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
If this is by design, it seems odd to me since small debris would most certainly get packed in there over time. Or at least that's what my inexperienced brain tells me.
Anyway, could you guys confirm this for me?
Thanks much, I appreciate it.
I am not sure I have this info in time to save you the trouble of calling....but your pix got the attention of the FF design guys who said the gap you're seeing is due to the gasket between the bowl and the plate, and is within normal parameters. (To me it looks normal in two of the three pix, and looks weird in pic one, but I guess it's the angle, and my total lack of real knowledge. :p) Sounds like you are fine, so use away and enjoy. Hopefully I saved you a call.

BTW you can see the gasket, faintly, at the bottom of the bowl if you shine a light on it....it's visible through the bowl material.

Last edited:

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
FF1 user just purchased the FF2 primarily to use with concentrates. I have no prior experience with vaping concentrates. How many draws should I expect to get from a grain-of-rice sized bit of shatter or crumble?

twigs,

jay87

FF1 user just purchased the FF2 primarily to use with concentrates. I have no prior experience with vaping concentrates. How many draws should I expect to get from a grain-of-rice sized bit of shatter or crumble?

I'd say probably 3-5 until vapor production starts to taper off but it does depend on how you draw and your heat setting.

jay87,

Dudeman

I am not sure I have this info in time to save you the trouble of calling....but your pix got the attention of the FF design guys who said the gap you're seeing is due to the gasket between the bowl and the plate, and is within normal parameters. (To me it looks normal in two of the three pix, and looks weird in pic one, but I guess it's the angle, and my total lack of real knowledge. :p) Sounds like you are fine, so use away and enjoy. Hopefully I saved you a call.

BTW you can see the gasket, faintly, at the bottom of the bowl if you shine a light on it....it's visible through the bowl material.
Wow thanks! That's fantastic feedback, I really appreciate it.
I did call already and spoke with someone named Kim who was very kind and helpful. we decided that I should send some pics for them to examine, but given this new info I don't think that's necessary.

You are correct about pic #1, that area at the back of the bowl has a little imperfection there in the glass at the bottom. it looks a little wavy/jagged while the rest of the bowl edge is uniform and smooth.
Aq6mBVP.jpg

Since the design team confirmed the gap is normal than I'm good with that and don't need to nic pic this tiny flaw.
Thanks again, I appreciate it.

VapoShop

Retailer
Since it hasn't been posted here yet, the all black (both body and lid) Jet Black edition of the FF2 is now available. (I believe we're the first store - at least in Europe - to offer it for now :))

cwAlrkc.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsmash

So I had a question to ask all you windows phone users out there. I'm going to be starting a new job in a few weeks and will be receiving a windows phone(no choice of my own). As far as I know there is no windows phone app for the FF2 but I am wondering is there any way to get the FF2 app working with a windows phone or am I pretty much down the river with this one?

sixstringsmash,

Office_Printer

So I had a question to ask all you windows phone users out there. I'm going to be starting a new job in a few weeks and will be receiving a windows phone(no choice of my own). As far as I know there is no windows phone app for the FF2 but I am wondering is there any way to get the FF2 app working with a windows phone or am I pretty much down the river with this one?
There are a bunch of guides out there for installing android apps on a Windows phone. I have never done it though.

Office_Printer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Man, I didn't know they still made those!

turk

turk
....this thing is still so sweet...my favorite for concentrates...sooo tasty...
....that black unit looks sweet..hate that...lol

turk,
Reactions: sag

Vaporcussion

Has anyone experienced their unit overheating after two bowls back to back? Mine always seems to overheat much earlier than I would expect; don't like having to stop and wait. Also; any word on an app update to allow us to change temps on the unit itself? Free us from thy phone please

Vaporcussion,
If you could download the app to a pc u have a chance. U might make it work using an android emulation on the pc. So far i cannot get the app to try this out.

@sixstringsmash said

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Office_Printer

Office_Printer,

CroZure

Ah, thanks. I guess they are out of stock. Maybe I can find it online some where else.

CroZure,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Has anyone experienced their unit overheating after two bowls back to back? Mine always seems to overheat much earlier than I would expect; don't like having to stop and wait. Also; any word on an app update to allow us to change temps on the unit itself? Free us from thy phone please

This happened to me, but only when doing concentrates on 111%.

stickstones,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I'm trying to find a way to charge my FF2 batteries without using the charging dock. I ordered the FF1 adapter because I thought I read that it works for FF2 batteries. Do I need to order something else to charge FF2 batteries or did I order the wrong part?

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-ac-adapter.html

You also need the FF1 dock, which is discontinued. It takes both, dock plus adaptor, to charge either FF battery outside of its native device.

EDIT: looks like someone else answered while I was replying! Try eBay....you won't find the dock at authorized retailers.

mitchgo61,

Vaporcussion

This happened to me, but only when doing concentrates on 111%.
Hmm, I even lowered the PT to back to 100% and just doing herb and it still overheats. I might have used too fine a grind early on, wonder if it's clogged a bit... would love to examine/clean that permanent screen!

The charging kit is going to be available again come march, according to FF.
Been waiting for months on this; I remember a rep said they wanted to update that external charger with a USB connection, (eg. so we can use it in our car as well)

Vaporcussion,

Pistol Pete

I have had my Firefly 2 now since July. Just got done vaping some White Widow. Really like this vaporizer. Have a quick question. How would I go about handling some oil that is in a pen. Never have I done this. I have had a little shatter that was sticky as fuck, and hard to handle. I was thinking to let thicken up in the cold garage. Maybe scoop some up with a metal pick and then melt on pad? Any feedback would be great. Thank you and Merry Christmas. Oh yeah, may your bowl aways be full :leaf::rockon:

Pistol Pete,

turk

turk
.....anything concentrates wise that can be put on the pad...can be vaped..happily and successfully .

turk,
Reactions: jay87

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Heat up the pen and hold it upside down over a pad to see if it drips out. Depends on how much is in there.

stickstones,
Reactions: jay87

abscr

Anyone run into this?

I have 2 batteries that were both working last night, and now they both seem to be dead.

I was vaping with people last night, so I charged one completely and we all vaped. I then put the other battery in to charge as well. Then this morning the activation buttons wouldn't work. I tried both batteries, but the green light wouldn't come on/flash.

I tried connecting with my phone, but it couldn't find the ff2. I put it on the dock, and the blue light flashed, and I was then able to connect with my app. The battery level was red for both batteries. After charging them for some time, the battery level is still red.

Seems really weird that the batteries would both die at the same.

abscr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom