The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What do you think are proper expectations for function for potential buyers of this device?

I think I've landed on this one for me. I like to use this whenever one would break out a smoking jacket. It's the perfect connoisseur vape for those relaxing, end of the day sessions where you want to really enjoy the taste. These days, most people I have a session with on the FF2 want one.

I don't think most people will like it as a daily driver, although some will. But I'd rather have a face-melting cloud machine as my daily driver. I would use the FF2 every day, but I wouldn't use it all day every day.

Reggie Watts

I think I've landed on this one for me. I like to use this whenever one would break out a smoking jacket. It's the perfect connoisseur vape for those relaxing, end of the day sessions where you want to really enjoy the taste. These days, most people I have a session with on the FF2 want one.

I don't think most people will like it as a daily driver, although some will. But I'd rather have a face-melting cloud machine as my daily driver. I would use the FF2 every day, but I wouldn't use it all day every day.
Exactly this. I think people who end up disappointed with the FF2 are those who expected it to be their daily driver. Those who regularly use a variety of vapes are able to appreciate each one for their unique qualities. I used to get annoyed with the FF2's flaws, but when I found the proper place for it in my rotation, I started appreciating it for what it is.

I definitely don't recommend it to someone shopping for their first vape.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Totally agree. I use mine every day, nearly, but it fits a very specific niche. It's not necessarily my "daily driver" but it is my "daily flavor machine".

Majordude2626

Hundred percent agree with this, and all the above comments in regards. Its the sneaky non stinky 1-3 hitter with a ceramic pad on top, no stir.

Majordude2626,

KLo

No Ember
@Vaporcussion Vapor Bros. has ceramic screens

FF2 daily driving here. Always felt this one as more a personal device. Seshing usually goes with lessons :doh: Kind sir, what is this 'face-melting cloud machine' you speak of ?

toked23

Anyone use any crumble with the ff2? Any tips? Quish a little in the pad and turn it up to concentrate? How many pulls are you all getting off a say .1g?

toked23,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sorry I don't weigh my concentrates before use so I have no idea how much I use. But I've used crumble in there and it's great. Just follow the instructions and give it several primer puffs while holding it level. Keep checking it until the crumble has fully melted into the pad. Then you can use it without worrying about orientation so much.

stickstones,

Elbuort19

Once your concentrate has melted into the pad you can load up several more pads in the same manner and toss them into a container for convenient use on the go. Kind of like using the dosing capsules with the Mighty/Crafty.

Elbuort19,
Reactions: mixchu69

toked23

Sorry I don't weigh my concentrates before use so I have no idea how much I use. But I've used crumble in there and it's great. Just follow the instructions and give it several primer puffs while holding it level. Keep checking it until the crumble has fully melted into the pad. Then you can use it without worrying about orientation so much.
Thank you sir

Once your concentrate has melted into the pad you can load up several more pads in the same manner and toss them into a container for convenient use on the go. Kind of like using the dosing capsules with the Mighty/Crafty.

How do you like this versus flower with ff2? Flower just works for me, lol, doesn't matter if I even see vapor, I can taste it, and it just does the job no matter

toked23,

Jimiblues

Frustrated firefly 1 owner here...does the firefly 2 have coil problems like the firefly?

Jimiblues,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Due to an accident near the sink I had to pick up a new vape in a pinch, and the ff2 was the only choice locally. I am NOT disappointed. Learning curve, yes. Ritualistic, very yes. Results, absofuckinglutely. Merry early Christmas to me!

It's not a cloud chaser, but it gets me much higher on less than my flowermate did or my pax. One bowl lasts me longer than the equivalent with the pax, but definitely not the same clouds.

mitchgo61

Frustrated firefly 1 owner here...does the firefly 2 have coil problems like the firefly?

No. That's one thing they fixed.....the coil tolerances in the manufacturing process are much tighter. Coil failures in the 2 are extremely rare, so far.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Jimiblues

Jimiblues

No. That's one thing they fixed.....the coil tolerances in the manufacturing process are much tighter. Coil failures in the 2 are extremely rare, so far.
I'm sorry if I'm skeptical...when I read that the coil is some new alloy that can take constant heat cycles without breaking down, I almost spit my coffee out. They said the same thing about the firefly 1 and with all due respect I made coils out of kanthal for my mod that lasted longer than this super proprietary alloy. Are the coils in the ff2 the same alloy used with the ff1 but with tighter tolerances? With heavy use the longest my ff1 made it was 3 months...I'm on repair #5

Jimiblues,

mitchgo61

I'm sorry if I'm skeptical...when I read that the coil is some new alloy that can take constant heat cycles without breaking down, I almost spit my coffee out. They said the same thing about the firefly 1 and with all due respect I made coils out of kanthal for my mod that lasted longer than this super proprietary alloy. Are the coils in the ff2 the same alloy used with the ff1 but with tighter tolerances? With heavy use the longest my ff1 made it was 3 months...I'm on repair #5

Been there. I had at least six coil failures. Haven't had any issues so far with the 2.

I don't know if it's the same material or not...but they seem confident that they addressed the coil issue in the FF2. It was a top priority of the redesign because it was a major cause of failure in the 1. I guess we'll know more in a year. ;)

mitchgo61,

toked23

Added a little crumble on top of my flower last night... turned it to medium high and may have had the biggest cloud I've ever produced with the ff2. This wasn't a new load either, at least 10 pulls and a couple stirs but still green. This ff2 is so efficient for me, I get about 20 pulls per my avg .1g load. And I could get more out of it. Now I'm a flavor chaser so I use a lot of low temp stuff and not trying to rip my face off.

KLo

No Ember
New version of android software available today. 1.2.8. no new firmware. That was quick i guess the last one was not right. This shows updated nov 10. this weeks previous version was 1.1.102

On update/firmware..

one (original) battery was showing significant discharge and loss at time of update (11/7). Degredation was at least 50%. I went ahead and updated again on 11/10 and seems this battery is back to function. FF2 still app tweaking feels like playing Jenga

KLo,

toecutter

Feel free to email me at the address on the poster, or IM me here on FC.

Thanks!

PS - pardon the silly poster. I was bored at work. :)

Wgz1su5Hvjmx3lmRNMMMICG5HtM8imb3vPjAQBbRcechB-2bFqm9rOhkXn2aINlcfcLv6kLBoVxDSn5Wf6Qmih0DShE9R3Etn-jMNztd8T9BNZ8Tfk64TMCQa-Hc0iVIvcdeO25N1lc4bpGtC_Sr0u4RA06TXGMEqoX88lzLL8qy8fSW906pXPmnMW3oi6K_G6-IqryVW3-jvL-n-It2T9FP16p4JR8HKa8KrcBP0S-w-8YuBBcOXywa9rphlMTtsFOtEN3K_u25QO-VOFE3cA3DdF-l0GbcIurjZRO_MJoDCfv0f2uYT-DilF01VQhYBoe_NLCBGyDWOqO581R77HzfjV7q8sK1wel_MAAKtpxgunkDvOUdXFYmz8lqaOQwXdPghUQdiP6PcBy06q33yE7zEBgdEiKU099c9o0pU7U55cBrZRpdnUTRjnA2sMefdkzTGUIR4GDOKQ9o_VbDvmxohfqQHlN4-yTmxX6zbQlvuTwBLGl6pPJjHuukep_yS8Xa5EBjRK3SB29glt2VQrtM4otIW0AJYgVOIzAMJOv8bAV2zZBpCzvcaw3lnWzv749l1Q1_6XjUOVV3PUICGHfA0N79m_jCmjNB2xnLt1E6WLGy5A=w746-h981-no

The quiet nature of this thread makes me believe this vape is not failing (hopper thread rocks with failures) too often. There are quite a few that are not liking the ff2 though it is not clear whether it is operating in those cases correctly. There are few hopper haters for the way the vape is when it is functioning right.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
This has been my unintentional daily driver since my evo needed repair. Once I figured it out for me (high setting, fine grind overfilled but not packed) I have been getting smooth, tasty hits whenever I want with minimal (maybe once a bowl) stirring. I've even been getting decent visual clouds, but I can tell based on the flavor when inhaling I'm getting more than just the visual, based on my "highness" after a flavorful but no cloud hit and getting distracted.

I wouldn't say its the best for daily driver, but I've already used this in public and my wife couldn't even smell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom