The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in getting it myself and I never spend a lot on nice glass because all my money goes to vaporizers. :ko:

I plan to use this with a solo, but how does this handle combustion and a titanium nail? I'm having trouble understanding "vapor centric." Is this any different from a nice glass piece in regards to handling vapor? Thank you.

Highnstein,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Interested in getting it myself and I never spend a lot on nice glass because all my money goes to vaporizers. :ko:

I plan to use this with a solo, but how does this handle combustion and a titanium nail? I'm having trouble understanding "vapor centric." Is this any different from a nice glass piece in regards to handling vapor? Thank you.
It's a nice glass piece made to work especially well with vapor. It will work any way you want to use it.

deadc0ffee,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
There are a few things that make a piece more vapor centric vs combustion vs dabbing...

For combustion, you generally want lots of water volume, whether or not it's actually used by the perc, as combustion makes water dirty quicker. You also generally want as much diffusion as you can get, as smoke is far hotter than vapor. You also generally would want a larger internal volume, as it gives the smoke a bit more time to expand/cool.

For dabbing, you generally want low diffusion since oils tend to lose flavour with higher diffusion, and a low internal volume, as oils tend to sick to the inside of your piece much more than other methods (you get more reclaim quicker).

Vapor is somewhere in the middle, so for me, vapor centric is basically whatever we want it to have that won't impede the vaping experience - so a really large piece isn't very vapor friendly as most vapes work better with stirring between hits.

It's not so much that it handle vapor differently than other pieces, it's more that these specs are what many of us have found to lead to the best overall experience.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So what was wrong with the 1st proto, besides the neck being ridiculously long? Should have gone with that and figured how to get the price down, imo.

EDIT: Here ya go. Reduce price... done.
pv_bubbler.jpg

NewVape

What a guy!
So what was wrong with the 1st proto, besides the neck being ridiculously long? Should have gone with that and figured how to get the price down, imo.

Because PV has been awesome about this. With everyone being able to give our input it's like getting a custom piece of glass at the cost of a stock piece. A piece of glass designed by vaporists for vaporists.

As Ontariovapes said
...Exactly what I've been searching for...

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist

pv_bubbler.jpg
You're complaining that they're making the bubbler even more incredible?

deadc0ffee,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I think this bubbler as opposed to the 'other' one in the works,,,just makes more sense for me. I mean,,,the name of this site is 'Fuck' combustion. I'm pretty sure that means 'no' combustion. PV is more directly intent to produce a piece specifically for vapor, which is what this site really stands for. This just seems more dedicated to make a piece 'specifically' for us. The other just seems more dedicated to sell a piece of glass, not really specific to vaporists here at FC. Just my opinion though.

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
I think this bubbler as opposed to the 'other' one in the works,,,just makes more sense for me. I mean,,,the name of this site is 'Fuck' combustion. I'm pretty sure that means 'no' combustion. PV is more directly intent to produce a piece specifically for vapor, which is what this site really stands for. This just seems more dedicated to make a piece 'specifically' for us. The other just seems more dedicated to sell a piece of glass, not really specific to vaporists here at FC. Just my opinion though.

Well I will be buying both either way. I am excited that it will say fuck combustion though. Does make it feel a little more official. However levs glass is definitely going to be thicker and is a great bargain for that high quality work.

MacNcheesePLZ,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
just to be fair i should check the "other one" out. is there a thread for it like this one??

mmenzie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For me the 'other' one is a non-starter simply due to the fact that it won't even allow me to use my Cloud without adapters. This is not so much an oversight IMO, but rather a glaring example of how it was not designed for the vapor community at all, much less FC.
:2c:

Edit: The 'other' one comes with a slide for combustion for Christ sakes.:disgust:

Stu,
Reactions: Jeppy

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
You're complaining that they're making the bubbler even more incredible?

I'm sorry. There's not a single complaint in my post. If you would like to review it with me, so that we might discuss your claim, I would be happy to. Please do not put words or meaning in my mouth.

As for working with everyone. Yeah, they all have. So did Lev. So was VB. This bubbler got started long before PV, got in the game. It also had a specific price range, which this one is nowhere near, so all those people that got in the game, because of price, have long since dropped out.

In case it was missed, I offered up my idea, which I thought this thread was about.

For me the 'other' one is a non-starter simply due to the fact that it won't even allow me to use my Cloud without adapters. This is not so much an oversight IMO, but rather a glaring example of how it was not designed for the vapor community at all, much less FC.

How would it not work? Clearance, stability, 18mm dewaar. Oh, I missed "the other one". Is that what Lev's is called? Actually, Jeppy, they're not just trying to sell a glass piece. Read the whole thread. The guy's business died, he picked himself back up and gave everyone, 2 of the ideas that were discussed.

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist

I keep hearing that same old speel and its kinda BS. No offense. There is plenty of other vapes that it will work fine with like my solo for instance. Also there is lots of glass besides this that requires adapters for the cloud. But im getting off topic this is the Pv fc bubbler thread so I'll close my mouth now.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I keep hearing that same old speel and its kinda BS. No offense. There is plenty of other vapes that it will work fine with like my solo for instance. Also there is lots of glass besides this that requires adapters for the cloud. But im getting off topic this is the Pv fc bubbler thread so I'll close my mouth now.
Fair enough. Let's talk about the PV/FC bub and see how it stacks up against the other one.

Made with vaporists in mind. For example:
Dewaar joint on top of can? Check.
Plenty of clearance for any vape? Check.
Mouthpiece extended further than normal to keep your vaporizer further from your face? Check.
Smallish can ideal for vapor? Check.
Took into account input from FC? Check.
Will have FC written on it to show it was made for this community specifically? Check.

People can decide for themselves, but that is my take.

:peace:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

I concur.

BigDaddyVapor,

NewVape

What a guy!
I hope that we don't get sidetracked on a this one versus the other one conversation.

BDV I feel ya man. The original goals were to get a vapor centric piece for under $100. And I'm still going to champion that, and at the same time am glad that anyone is taking our feedback on the design of any piece.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Fair enough. Let's talk about the PV/FC bub and see how it stacks up against the other one.

Dewaar joint on top of can? Check.:nod:
Plenty of clearance for any vape? Check.:nod:
Mouthpiece extended further than normal to keep your vaporizer further from your face? Check.:nod:
Smallish can ideal for vapor? Check.:nod:
Took into account input from FC? Check.:nod:
Will have FC written on it to show it was made for this community specifically? Check.:tup:

People can decide for themselves, but that is my take.:clap:

Jeppy,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Looking back through the LEV thread, it's amazing the all the suggestions made to Lev about what we would like to see has made its way into the PV bubbler.

For example:
BDV's prototypes (nice work BTW) look quite similar to the PV bub

leviathanbubbler.jpg

leviathanbubblernew.jpg

Dewaar, fat base, and showerhead.

I'm super excited to see what prototype 2.0 looks like.

Tweak,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I hope that we don't get sidetracked on a this one versus the other one conversation.

BDV I feel ya man. The original goals were to get a vapor centric piece for under $100. And I'm still going to champion that, and at the same time am glad that anyone is taking our feedback on the design of any piece.
Well,,,we shouldn't! This IS the PV thread. We shouldn't be over there discussing the PV bub as we shouldn't be over here discussing 'that' one. Am I wrong??

Jeppy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

Dewaar joint on top of can? Check.
Plenty of clearance for any vape? Check.
Mouthpiece extended further than normal to keep your vaporizer further from your face? Check.
Smallish can ideal for vapor? Check.
Took into account input from FC? Check.
Will have FC written on it to show it was made for this community specifically? Check.

People can decide for themselves, but that is my take.

You make it sound like none of us were involved in the process. Actually we all were. Both bubblers they released have the ideas of everyone that took part. Only thing missing, is the dewaar. Oh... the "other one" hit a very important point, you neglected. $150... the 2ND one? $120. I think Lev would be offended to hear it wasn't made for the FC community.

But you all are right, this is the PV thread.

Well,,,we shouldn't! This IS the PV thread. We shouldn't be over there discussing the PV bub as we shouldn't be over here discussing 'that' one. Am I wrong??

I don't think either of us brought up "the other one". In fact, I dropped in, to offer an idea.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
BVD,,,dude it's obvious you are in love with the 'other guys one'. :D I don't see how you consider your 'stop in', to call PV's neck rediculously long to be a contribution to the build.

Jeppy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Looking back through the LEV thread, it's amazing the all the suggestions made to Lev about what we would like to see has made its way into the PV bubbler.

For example:
BDV's prototypes (nice work BTW) look quite similar to the PV bub

leviathanbubbler.jpg

leviathanbubblernew.jpg

Dewaar, fat base, and showerhead.

I'm super excited to see what prototype 2.0 looks like.

Yep, those are my intellectual property. I made a lot of those prototypes.

BigDaddyVapor,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom