Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Does any one else wish Arizer sold the replacement bags in like packs of 15 or something????

I also am going to make a better whip. Gunna order some tubing, not sure if i'll get 9' from arizer or i will get different tubing yet, and two elbow adaptors. prolly use a pieve of tubing about 3.5 feet long (i'm always thinking another 6"-1' of tubing on the whip would be great so that i dont have to be so close to the unit) and put an elbow adaptor on each end. that way it can connect via GoG with my bong. Anyone done this already with pics attached to their bong???

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Sorry about the double post, but wanted to share a little tidbit. I put a rubber grommet, the middle sized one u would use to put a downstem on a non-GoG bong, on the end of the bag and whip mouth piece. It is the perfect rubber seal to put in my 14.5mm downstem, or if im using it with a buddys bong. The grommet also prevents the bag from being pushed too far onto the mini whip, if this has happened to anyone else by accident when the tubing gets soft, u will know its a pain to get off when the bag is full and u just wanna take a big haul off of it...:brow:

Sorry... one question. A little off topic but...Is there a way to change it so that it doesnt log me out every hour or whatever?!?!? It is a huge pain to type a solid post and then lose because it doesnt submit bc the site has taken it apon itself to log you out.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Casper

Hey all

Well, after trawling (and I mean TRAWLING) the net for info, I have just ordered a V-Tower (non-bag) from eBay - I even got a debit card just for that purpose! Online ordering is too easy. This forum's Extreme thread was extremely comprehensive and you guys seem a great bunch and sure seem to know your vapes. Arizer should pay you cause you made a convert of me (bearing in mind I'm yet to receive the model and may well curse your collective grave in a week or so).

I'll be posting a lot, I think, so I'll introduce myself. Sydney local, smoked bongs exclusively since age of 16, now 28 and change isn't always what you get back from a tenner. I got tinnitus and severe anxiety resulting from the siren in my head and weed helps heaps. I want the head stone so i can be medicated yet still function, plus be able to medicate and still exercise which you CAN'T do while combusting. Combustion makes running unpleasant and painful. I dunno how dealers always seem to flee police on-foot.

A few quick questions and please rest assured - I've searched these forums high and low (and high and sober) looking for answers.

1) Glass heater cover breaking. Is it a common problem? I was thinking of running a drop of olive oil aeound the rim of the bowl (high smoke point, pleasant aroma) to stop it sticking. Idea one fail, or ftw?

2) I read one guy (just one) say the V-Tower doesn't produce wand honey. This sounds dubious, but wand honey is a huge plus for me, having come directly from bongs where I'd scrape that nasty-arse resin from the stem and mix it with tobacco and blaze it again. Shit was uncool on so many levels. anyhow, wanna do it again, but with hash oil, not concentrated tar. Does the V-Tower produce wand honey?

3) I've heard the V-Tower doesn't do so well on the whip. Care to explain? I think the SSV looks like a rebellious teen's safe-forever diary stash spot and DB lacked a temp readout which I though was kinda like an iPod Shuffle and I hate those things. The V-Tower was clearly soaring for the win from the beginning. Are the hits too airy? Does elbow-packing make a difference? I want milky-arse hits and the health aspect isn't so important. I'm thinking max temp and just hitting that shit, hitting it like a monkey. Bottom line - elbow pack fail, or ftw?

4) TIP FOR AUSSIE VAPOURISTS - Can't get these things for shit here in Oz, right? I was going to pay AUD$365 for a V-Tower original, with whip kit and bag of screens from the Arizer website. Great, helpful staff but you know how they're proudly Canadian? They calculate exchange rates using the US dollar, despite the fact they manufacture in, sell from and ship out of Canada. Get that shit outta here. Got mine new on eBay using Buyitnow, for US$199 with free shipping. That's AUD$254, and the seller included free Tuff Bowls and screens as standard. Back of the net.

Anyhoo, thanks heaps for all the help and i'll be sure to repost with first impressions once i get my baby. My cupboard grow is about a week off too, and that shit's so crystallised it's mostly trichome with a few scraps of leaf attached. Seriously guys, I don't know how I'm gonna be able to handle it - TWO wonderful visitors in a week! Outlook for next week - stoned.

Casper,

Melizzard

Casper said:
Hey all

3) I've heard the V-Tower doesn't do so well on the whip. Care to explain? I think the SSV looks like a rebellious teen's safe-forever diary stash spot and DB lacked a temp readout which I though was kinda like an iPod Shuffle and I hate those things. The V-Tower was clearly soaring for the win from the beginning. Are the hits too airy? Does elbow-packing make a difference? I want milky-arse hits and the health aspect isn't so important. I'm thinking max temp and just hitting that shit, hitting it like a monkey. Bottom line - elbow pack fail, or ftw?
DEFINITELY the elbow pack! I think it gives better vapor than either the whip OR the balloon. It's my preferred method.

xxo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Mr. Smoke No More

Hello Casper, first off saying the V-tower doesnt get wand honey...That guy is blowing smoke up your ass (pardon the pun). I have the exteme not the original V-tower, but the unassisted whip hits should be the same, and rest assured u can get some big rips with the whip. Used it last night with my buddy and was super blasted, huge hit after huge hit for 3 bowls, hahah i think i actually plateaued some time during the second bowl, when the first bowl of hits actually kicked in. An i was using the bowl, not even the elbow pack method. I think the elbow pack method gives u some bigger rips (when u turn the temp up accordingly) but it doesnt give u as many, which makes sense as there is less weed, which is one of the main reasons to use the elbow pack method in the first place.

I cant answer your other 2 questions as im not from OZ, and my heater cover has never broke. There have been a few people that it has happened to, but not to worry if it ever did happen to you, Arizer's great customer service will fix you up. Im sure you will love your extreme, it seriously changed my life when i really look at it. Also i exercise almost everyday when im vaked, and it is much MUCH better than after a fat session on my bong, I would have no lung power :ko:.

PS good luck finishing off that grow. Make sure your gals are actually DONE when u chop them. I suggest getting a pocket microscope to check the trichomes, that is if you dont already have something. My motto is when u think they are done, they need one more week. (sorry mods, i know this isnt a weed growing site, so please pretend i didnt type that :|).

Mr. Smoke No More,

MunkeyBalls

I've made it a bit easier on myself to collect the honey by just cutting of a piece of tubing and using a whip mouthpiece like this:
IMG_0088.jpg

Afterwards you just use a screw with a stick or whatever and youve cleaned most of the buildup in your tube within a minute.

Also about the glass heater cover... Mine broke a little bit more than a week ago and I received a replacement within a week. Since I live in the Netherland and they had to ship it from CA service was really good, even got a few free screens and a stirring tool. I broke mine myself by being baked and dropping the damn thing. I think it mustve fell right on the bowl, breaking the cover.

It wasn't that hard to replace the cover, but I think the instructions could've been a bit better. There was one step in the instruction where I was really wondering what they wanted me to do, I'm talking about

Step 7:

Instructions said:
1./ Remove 4 rubber feet on bottom of base.
2./ Unscrew the 4 screws located under each rubber foot.
3./ Remove bottom base cover.
4./ Locate 2 screws only, one on either side of the circuit board (do not remove any screws that secure down the circuit boards).
Remove these 2 screws that secure the stainless steel cylinder down, and remove the cylinder (*Note: if it is tough to remove the
cylinder - wiggle the cylinder back and forth until it becomes loose and comes off - be careful not to touch the circuit board to prevent
any damage).
5./ When you have the cylinder off you will see the ceramic heater. Remove the long screw that secures the glass heater cover and
remove any broken glass particles by gently blowing canned air and/or turning it upside down and gently shake it so any glass
will fall out (*Note: when shaking the unit so any glass particles fall out - hold the ceramic heating element to prevent any damage).
6./ Once it is all cleaned out, place the new replacement glass heater cover in place and secure it with the long bottom screw/pin
(Note: make sure the holes in the cradle and glass heater cover are lined up to prevent breaking/cracking the glass). Make sure
before installing the new heater cover to put the insulation tube around the glass heater cover first.
7./ Now screw in the top 4 support screws evenly which center and support/holds the glass heater cover (*Note: do not screw in the 4
support screws too tight to prevent damage to the glass heater cover).

8./ Place the cylinder back on - line up the holes in the cylinder with the holes in the base. Position the cylinder top hole so it is
centered with the top of the glass heater cover. Secure the 2 screws that hold the cylinder in place.
9./ Place/center the base cover back on and screw in the 4 screws and place the 4 rubber feet back on.
Luckily I got an awnser from arizer pretty quickly so I looked around and finally found the cup shaped thing they talked about (it got stuck at the top of the cylinder, it took me quite a while to find actually :D)
If you have one of the newer models the metal band and the 4 top support screws have been replaced with a cup shaped centering/top support - that is placed around the insulated tube on the glass heater cover - Please advise.

As to the "cardboard rectangular piece", this piece is an insulated heater support which is located underneath the ceramic heating element. You may not have to replace this piece but you will have it for back up if you dont' use it.

Please let me know if you require any further help.
This is the sheet of metal and the cardboard piece in case anyone is wondering:
http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp110/MunkeyBals/?action=view&current=IMG_0103.jpg&newest=1

So as you see, mine broke because I was baked and clumzy... I haven't had it break because of the glass/cover sticking together because you can easily get them loose by just slightly rocking it a little bit back and forth, it think it even says so in the manual. But I might be able to understand why with some people it breaks quite easily. Here's a pic of the glass heater covers bottom, the place where the metal pin goes through:
IMG_0099.jpg

As you can see it's quite a vulnerable spot that I think cannot take a lot of force. Luckily Arizer was nice enough to send me 2 so I have a spare in case something goes wrong. I really was lucky my vape still work even though I broke it :ko:

Using the unit atm btw so I hope this post somewhat makes sense :p

MunkeyBalls,

Casper

Wow! Cheers munkey! That elbow looks hit to shit. My bong got like that, but if that's honey my bong was coated with dog vomit. Cheers for the tutorial as well! The heater cover is the only weak side of the vtower design I can see.

And Munkey, my babies are getting so close... only a few brown hairs but trichome city. Waiting for the last bit of swelling and ripening and it's hello playstation (and v-tower, to keep it on-topic!):rolleyes:

I don't think enough is made of the vtower's unique, innovative and logical design. It's packed vertically, because packing dry powder horizontally or at an angle is obviously stupid. It creates a chamber for the herbs to tumble freely - far cry from jamming in a puck so it won't fall out when you go to put it on the unit, and handsfree is an integral feature of the design. It's symmetrical and minimalist and exudes understated quality.

And the screen! Oh, the screen. LED readouts belong on quartz watches and '80s robots. The vtower's screen is lovely, and adds a really nice touch.

Woke up to find my ebay order (first ebay order!) had been reneged upon cause the reseller listed it wrong. Ends up shipping ain't free. But I'm only paying another AU$30, which doesn't seem a big ask for an item shipped from Canada. So back to the bong... enjoy your cones Mr Bong for your days are numbered... :)

Casper,

MunkeyBalls

Casper said:
Wow! Cheers munkey! That elbow looks hit to shit. My bong got like that, but if that's honey my bong was coated with dog vomit.
I know what you mean man... I still have a bong lying around here that I bought when I just started smoking, after only a few months of use that thing was so nasty I didn't even want it in the same room as me anymore.

That's another thing I like about vaporizing. The smell is so much more bearable, and you will never have this tar like shit on your lip anymore which usually smells just as bad as the insides of a bong. Mostly you can't even notice if I've been using the unit or not, unless you managed to run in while I was taking a hit :p

My weedconsumption went down like crazy aswell. The first week it seemed as I was using as much as normally, but if you ask me this was just because of my craving for nicotine. I have never smoked normal cigarettes, and going from atleast 2 joints a day to no tobacco at all was definately noticable. After a bowl from the vape I was still left with this anxious feeling of needing something else, usually leading upto filling another bowl. The first week I could really notice this, but after that it got less and less. I even think it makes it a lot easier to quit using weed altogether since you've already kicked 1 addiction you never knew you had. That's not what I wanted to achieve though because since a few years I've noticed that MJ actually had a medicinal effect on me. ( Wen't on holiday for a week where I didn't smoke ---> epeleptic seizure ---> brainsurgery ---> now paranoia about seizures :lol: )

And Smoke No More, your totally right. They should sell those bags in jumbo packs for the hardcore users. I'm still using the same 2 bags as delivered with the unit, which leads to me not using the bags much. I've seen some people on here post of some special adhesive bags or something? Which apperantly you can seal off when your not toking? Anyone got any pictures or info on how this would work? Maybe I'll even just get a huge garbage can bag.. I usually use the bags when watching shows and then I could maybe finish a show before having to get up and fill another bag :p

MunkeyBalls,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
munkeyballs...I believe the sealed bags is a reference to using a little piece of 'glad press n seal wrap' to cover the opening on the mouthpiece of the bag.

stickstones,

MunkeyBalls

Yeah don't think they even sell these around here, but if it's just for closing off the bag then I've fixed something for that already anyway. I just put a little piece of tube over the back of the stirring tool and slide that over the mouthpiece when not toking. Just need to find some bigger bags then... and a portable vape :D

MunkeyBalls,

Casper

I hear ya munkey - I've been a heavy cig smoker since I was 15 and always mixed tobacco with my weed. I quit (mostly) about two months ago and I found myself buying packs just to mix, and of course I got stressed and needed a cig... something wasn't working and the mixed bong hits were an obvious culprit. It was one of the main reasons I wanted to buy a vape cause giving up ain't really an option with the tinnitus. Goddamn cigarettes. May I recommend nicotine gum, btw.

Then I used a friend's Vaporbros and suddenly the path was clear, angels appeared with trumpets, you know the deal. :p See, straight weed hits just never did it for me. To me, mixing with tobacco made it a completely different drug with different effects, duration, onset times, everything. It hits much harder and just pins you to the couch, drooling on your shoulder. My theory is you get high off the nicotine first (and if you've ever emptied out a cig butt in a bong and hit it cause you're a desperate junkie, as I have, then you know the rush) then the THC hits you on the downswing. Psychoactive drugs for the win. On top of that your lung function is seriously impaired for about a minute and you're getting high off oxygen deprivation.

As I said before, this thread's been a great help in choosing a great vape and it's been fascinating reading through and getting an insight into the different stoner cultures throughout the world. Seems mixing tobacco with weeds a bit sacreligious and glass pipes are the usual implements. Most everyone smokes mixed weed through a bong here in Australia. Brass pipes are popular for when convenience or stealth are considerations (never seen a glass pipe, even for sale:lol:!) and the whole world likes a good spliff, but bongs packed with mixed weed is the usual delivery method. One possible exception is South Australia which has liberal horticulture laws and people pretty much shake weed from their boots. Bongs are too much ceremony for them. And I only just realised what a 'bowl' is! We call 'em cones - bowls are what you mull up in and when people talk about smoking, like 10 bowls duuude, I was thinking 'bloody exaggerating yanks'.

But pure THC is the way of the chosen and with its help I'll boot these cigs for good.

Casper,

max

Out to lunch
They should sell those bags in jumbo packs for the hardcore users.
Best deal on bags is a 4 pack of Toppits bags. Check Vapeworld.com. $18 for the 4 pack and he offers a discount for FC members. These are Volcano bags but work just as well with the Extreme and herbalAire. You get a continuous 3 meter bag (thus the 10 ft. bag you sometimes see with the Volcano) that can be cut to whatever size you want.

max,

red_eye_ked

Hello everyone,

This is mostly just a quick intro. I just got an Extreme that I got from gotvape.com. I ordered it Tuesday night before bed, and I had it Thursday before lunch. I think I have the V.3 since I have my vape at about 180c , which when I called gotvape they said that was what most people are telling them works, but I started at 200, and far speed 1. I got the thick vapes that everyone seems to be saying they want.. Personally I think I am dropping the temp to 175 and try that. I think the thinner and less dense vapes are best. They seem to be a lot easier to inhale. Also when I try to raise the temp every time by the second bag I get, it always tastes popcorn.

even with the learning curve ( which I experimented on before I found this site ) I gotta say I love the Extreme. I also can honestly say I still like my glass tube too.. I don't think I would enjoy only vape from now on, but I can already see how when I am home it's my goto appliance after work. Also I found out I enjoy my vapes more when I filter it through my glass with ice in it..

Anyway, again I just wanna say hi to everyone.

red_eye_ked,

minuteman420

Whats the best way to remove the small length of tubing connected to the elbow joint for the bag? (need to clean the glass elbow joint)
I tried removing the tubing from the elbow joint connected for the whip but i ended up snapping the elbow joint in half :(/

i cant put up an image otherwise i would and you could all see what im referring too if you dont know.

minuteman420,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
another reason silicone is a good reason to upgrade to....tisk tisk on Arizers part not adding it standard in the first place.

Just soak in 99% iso alc...if it cant clean it 100% just go at it with extra long q-tips (they can be found). Should make it look new :tup: (if you can upgrade to silicone!)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

red_eye_ked

stickstones said:
welcome to the party, red eye!
TY, I appreciate the welcome.

I do have a question, I was wondering if it is better to stir your herbs after every balloon?
I normally get 2 bags when I load my vaporizer then quit. After that I get that popcorn taste, but I never stir my herbs either! I would just try to stir them then re-fill the bag, but I am under the impression after I stir I will need to wait the 10 min again before I start to try to re-fill?

This is only my 3rd day to own my extreme so i am still learning all the functions. Today I filled and had 2 perfect bags, 1 at 175c, and the second at 180c. the vapes were thin in the bag but they tasted so good, and medicated me for 2 1/2 hours so far. I was very happy with the results except that I expected a slightly thicker vape. I was not to disappointed since I prefer a thiner vape anyway. While I was learning the first day I filled the bag with fan speed 2. I also got vape so thick you can't see through the bag, but they were a little more harsh to inhale. (not painful but I could feel the difference.)

I was vaping outside this morning while having my morning coffee and it was so refreshing. I had trouble with the remote though (it was in direct sun light ) and found out I had to shade the IR sensor on the extreme to get it to work. I will avoid doing that again. I was in shade when I started but then got the sun. I am not sure if maybe it messed with the temperature read-out too, but as I said earlier was 2 perfect bags and not wanting to ruin it with popcorn taste I quit there.

red_eye_ked,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
stir your herbs after every balloon?
I rarely use the balloons now but yes, for sure stir. I actually like to stir half way through a bag fill. I actually stop the fan, pull the ellbow out, give quick stir, and pop the ellbow back on. If I packed an elbow and the cyclone at the same time (which i do sometimes for lots of bags in a group) I for sure stir half way through.

You do not need to wait 10min after a stir. I wait maybe 45secounds, maybe twice that if I have the elbow packed too. If you do pack both elbow and cyclone, stir them together after the second bag. After the first bag, just stir the cyclone.

IAmKrazy2,

red_eye_ked

That was a huge help, thank you. Exactly what I wanted to know. I think I will order another elbow too. If something breaks that will get me up and running again fast.

thanks.. I will stir next try.

red_eye_ked,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have 6 total elbows, one as a 18mm glass attachment, one for the bags, and 4 total 4 whip hooks ups.

IAmKrazy2,

Mr. Smoke No More

I still have a bong lying around here that I bought when I just started smoking, after only a few months of use that thing was so nasty I didn't even want it in the same room as me anymore.
Gross man, clean that shit!!!!

Best deal on bags is a 4 pack of Toppits bags. Check Vapeworld.com. $18 for the 4 pack and he offers a discount for FC members. These are Volcano bags but work just as well with the Extreme and herbalAire. You get a continuous 3 meter bag (thus the 10 ft. bag you sometimes see with the Volcano) that can be cut to whatever size you want.
Thanks max I was actually thinking of getting these but im not sure how to seal the other end, could i just use a regular rubber band?

Also when I try to raise the temp every time by the second bag I get, it always tastes popcorn.
Red Eye if you are looking for really tasty bags try dropping the temp down to 165ish for the first bag and 185ish for the second bag. I have my first bags at 155C sometimes and they are rediculously tasty, and less hot on the throat. IMO i find the bigger gap in temps between the first and second bag lets the second bag get thicker, and will still have some flavour left that didnt get vaped at the low temp of the first bag. YES i always stir the bowl between bags, usually just with an agressive tapping of the side of the bowl. Right now you find the light hits are better because they are easier to inhale and hold in, but it is like smoking hash, it is basically pure THC, and saturating your lungs in THC can make you cough, but you will grow to like the fuller hits later as you i will get used to them. Try brewing the bags thick but then only taking half a lung full or so, and breath just air for the rest of the lung full. Someone posted earlier in this thread I believe that said it is more efficient and effective to take a more manageable sized hit and hold it in for a few seconds than to take a hit that is too big and have to exhale it imediately.

Mr. Smoke No More,

max

Out to lunch
Thanks max I was actually thinking of getting these but im not sure how to seal the other end, could i just use a regular rubber band?
Small cable ties work very well. You can tighten 'em up with needle nose.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom