Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
If it went a little higher or a little lower it wouldn't be a huge deal. With a straight air path less vapor would condense on the turns like it does meaning less resin but more potent vapor. I doubt any of that is enough to make a difference though.

Do you know where to get those pieces?

Also I just replaced my heater cover, they sent me a "metal band for top support" anyone know what that's for?

bluntfaced,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
see what im sayen...but think of it this way. It could make the vapor thicker. That way it might mimmick the elbow pack method :shrug: who knows tho....You should try them out and experiment for us. you might just find the next best thing for the E.

at least you will be able to use this smiley at the end of the day if you do experiment for us. :science:

:lol:

:peace:

edit//// post# 1111.... WOOT

Hennessy1414,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
If you elbow packed it and it sat lower in the bowl that could be a good thing. I wonder if the regular elbow screens would fit it.

One of the screws that holds on the housing is all fucked up so the stainless cylinder won't stay on tight. I think it's actually the threading in the cylinder.

bluntfaced,

number54

Anyone have any custom pieces? Here is a picture of one of mine I got a few more but my camera is fucked.

Oh and I had broken the glass heater cover and got a part from a glassblower that worked in the meantime until I got the replacement and it was a bit too long. That's why the bowl is sitting so high it usually goes in about halfway.

number54,

Evil1

Nice pic (despite the camera) number54 - all you need to do is get rid of that acrylic grinder and get a chromium crusher.
I had freinds for dinner on Saterday. One was a very occasional user and the other one a 40 year old complete virgin. I fired up the E, blew a bag and we finished it between us. I suspect the bag and "harmless vapour" is less intimidating than a joint. We were in stealth mode - none of the wives knew :D

Evil1,

Amblurr

Hi, this has probably been discussed in this thread but there's 70 pages so I hope its ok if I just ask anyway lol, are the HerbalAire bags the same as the Extreme? I'm wanting to order some new bags but on greatvape they only have HerbalAire. Unfortunately, I'm probably gonna end up buying the bags before getting a response since the Bf won't stop bugging me.
And can I get some opinions to the temps yall use for lowgrade herb? I usually only have real good highgrade but every now and then I can only find some dirt and was wondering what temp I should change it to? Now, with my Extreme it's best temp for the highgrade is 200C-210C, 230C and above burns the crap out of it.

Amblurr,

Evil1

When do you replace the bag ? Ive only been using the one bag and its starting to have quite an odour - not unpleasant.
Can I use regular roasting bags ?

Evil1,

MunkeyBalls

So the ineviteble happened today and I dropped my E apperantly breaking the heater cover. Makes me hate the fact that I didn't know about the PD before I bought the E, after having seen those durability video's I kinda have the feeling I made the wrong choice. I shouldve known myself more to know that when I get baked I get clumzy :p

Luckily its still working and it only seems to be the area of the glass that goes around the pin and everything still seems to work fine. So if im carefull I could probably keep using it untill the replacement cover comes by.

MunkeyBalls,

max

Out to lunch
Evil1 said:
When do you replace the bag ? Ive only been using the one bag and its starting to have quite an odour - not unpleasant.
Can I use regular roasting bags ?
Some use Reynolds oven bags. They're cheap. I prefer Volcano/Toppits bags (they're also actually oven bags). You can get 4 boxes for $18 on eBay.

MunkeyBalls said:
So the ineviteble happened today and I dropped my E apperantly breaking the heater cover. Makes me hate the fact that I didn't know about the PD before I bought the E, after having seen those durability video's I kinda have the feeling I made the wrong choice. I shouldve known myself more to know that when I get baked I get clumzy
I guess any vape with glass could be the wrong choice if durability is a priority. But if you bought the Extreme for its features-bag use and whip use together in one unit, the PD doesn't really compare. I'd be comparing to the herbalAire instead. It has the same dual mode ability, but with no digital or glass to break. OTOH the Extreme is generally considered to be a better whip unit, especially with the elbow packing method. There are always pluses and minuses with different vapes and you do have to consider the features that are important to you.

max,

AlexV

Looking for advice here...

I'm a new owner of the Extreme by Arizer, having used it 4 or 5 times total. Last night, while the bag was filling up, the elbow developed a crack, and eventually broke apart when I tried to lift the bag. Pic:

I'm wondering what my options are for getting a replacement (if it matters, I'm located in Toronto, Canada)

AlexV,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
email arizer. my money's on them replacing it if they buy your story, and depending on how long you have had it.

stickstones,

AlexV

Thanks for the reply

Assuming Arizer doesn't send a replacement (which is understandable since it's not part of their warranty), are there any dealers/resellers that sell replacement/compatible parts?

AlexV,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Just order it from arizer... They'll probably send you some free screens so shit

I had a little combustion issue today and now all my parts smell like ass. It was pretty cool watching the smoke pour into the bag though all dank and yellow

bluntfaced,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
When I saw bluntfaced posting in the E thread I knew something was up :popcorn: always classy to read your postings buddy.

I couldn't imagine ever coming close to combusting a bowl in my E...do you run your unit at max temp and pray it doesn't burn? :/ Fill me in man...this is some funny shit. Haven't laughed out loud to a posting like that in a long while. Thanks for the chuckle ;)

E tip #212

Press a thin layer of keif into a round disc. Once pressed drop the hash disc into the E bowl...let it preheat with the elbow joint loaded with :leaf: for 5-10 minutes....I usually use the whip with this one. Try to make it so the little disc floats perfectly in the middle of the bowl while you take your hit. Up the temps 10C-15C from what you 'normally' set the temps to....play around with it and see what works. Just remember the Hash 'disc' in the base needs it to be vaporized at higher temperatures. Just make sure to stir the bowl in the elbow every hit or so and everything will be good :tup:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah that's the shit it straight tastes like smoking hash smells like, ya dig. Have you tried putting the kief in the elbow screen then pressing it with another screen? That's the E hash method right there.

Welll I was out of bud so I packed the bowl full of duff ad heated it up on max tem then blew it at like 235 but I think it was still cooling down. Pretty grimy whatever.

bluntfaced,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Hello everybody, I finally finished reading this thread word for word so I figured I ought to introduce myself. Ive had my extreme for about 6 months or so (sorry had to edit to add in i got a V3), it was my first vape and I love it. Like many others I simply cant combust anymore. In fact im getting a vapour genie this weekend because im sick of carrying my extreme everywhere and am worried im gunna break it. But anyways, this is the extreme thread so I want to share some info regarding the E. First of all, many people have been asking about when to change bags, etc. IMO I believe that as soon as the bag starts sticking to itself on the inside and doesnt blow up perfectly it is a good time to change it. I have noticed that once the bag is sticky it doesnt fill up as well and that the vapour is even a little less dense that with a brand new bag. Anybody else notice this as well???

I also would like to share my vaping method for the weed I am currently vaping as I feel that nobody uses temperatures as low as I do, and that people preheat the filled bowl for unnecessary lengths of time to get thick milky bags. The temperature at which one vapes is dependent on the quality of weed, as well as its dryness. A few people on here have stated that they use completely bone dry weed, but IMO I find it best to use very dry, but not completely dry weed. This basically means stems should snap and the bud should be fully dry, but just not bust into a powder, but more of a light fluffy perfect joint consistency (if I can remember what that looks like haha). I find if I remove every bit of moisture I lose most of the water soluble terpines and terpinoids, etc, so the herb tastes really bland, and im all about the taste as well as getting high. But onto my method, after preheating the vape and empty bowl for a while, 10min to an hour, the longer the better really, I fill the bowl 1/2-2/3 full to the black rubber (elbow packing method works well to just need to adjust the temps accordingly) and ever so lightly tap the weed down, just so that it doesnt fly around in the bowl (which most people want but I dont use an elbow screen as it clogs up easily and then the bags dont fill as well, I always use the screens in the whip, but this post is getting long enough already to be overly specific). This method works for the bags as well as whip, only with the whip u must judge when to raise each temp on your own, so I will explain it for the bags to make it easier. I put the loaded bowl along with the elbow and bag (or whip) onto the E, and preheat for about 3 minutes, longer preheats do give thicker bags, but not a whole lot more than when using this method. I first preheat at a temp of 155C and start fan speed 1 till I see vapour in the bag, then turn up to fan speed 2 to fill the rest of the bag (3 works as well, but I find 2 gives the best bags per time ratio, fan 1 the whole way give the thickest stealthiest bags). I find using fan one till I see vapours then turning up the fan reduces the preheating time, but note u still cant get smoky looking bags without preheating for 20 mins or so as it pumps a little bit of wispy vapour into the bag hen on fan 1. I then stir the bowl and preheat and fill the bag using the same technique above at 165C for the second bag. Finally I stir and preheat and fill at 185C for the third and final bag (but u can go as high as 200C or 215C if u like to get all the goodies). I only blow a 3rd bag if there is still a lot of taste and no popcorn taste, which may not apply to everyones weed. My friends weed right now I vape one bag at 175C and get one amazing bag but the second bag is bunky so we only do the first bag and it is prolly as good of quality of weed im using just doesnt vape the same.

Anyways this is a HUGE post so I got to apologize for that but I had to try to make it understandable. Anyways u guys should give this method a shot this weekend, especially if u vape more than one bag/a few hits per session. Like i said it doesnt work for all weed, and it definately wont work if the weed is wet, but I believe u will enjoy the taste a great deal and will still get just as high as vaping at higher temps (IMHO), and can still crank the temp way up for the last bag to get the rest of the goodies and yet still have some higher temp terpines (etc) there for some flavour. I would also like to quickly thank everyone that contributed to this thread so far as it made my Extreme learning experience much easier and better, as im sure it has for many many others that read this but just dont post anything.

P.S. AlexV, if u wanna buy an elbow locally go to the friendly stranger, they got E parts there but pretty sure they charge through the roof. Personally I need to order a few pieces but im just gunna go through Arizer because they are the best no doubt about it.

Mr. Smoke No More,

number54

If you live in T.O. instead of paying a shitload at the friendly stranger just go to Toronto Art Glass and ask the guy to make you one. He can probably do it on the spot sometimes it will take like 20-30 but its worth it .

number54,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, smoke no more! I hope you stick around and continue to share your tips!

stickstones,

AlexV

I'd like to add that Arizer solved my broken elbow issue (went above and beyond actually). Absolutely fantastic customer service!

AlexV,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I just broke off some cheese I made in my space case press. Placed it in the cyclone bowl and preheated to 240 C. After using the fan to accellerate the process I crumbled the cheese with the poker. From that point on it was pure bliss. Vape on demand hash hits, yum.

chucku,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom