Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
spyder said:
glass already has a hole.... you are just drilling a new hole in the plastic and moving the heater cover down which moves the heater up...

Put screw in new hole in plastic old hole in glass
thx for those wanting to modify there extreme this a great idea
Would be great to do a couple test to see how moving the heater up a few fractions of an inch effects the temperature in the bowl. hmmmmm

umpnum14,

max

Out to lunch
You may want to check with Arizer before doing this mod to see if it's going to void your warranty.

max,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I don't see how moving the heater closer has any advantage unless you need to go higher than 260c ?. If you are not already maxing out the temp then just raise the temp a few degrees instead of voiding your warranty by drilling holes in it. I know my extreme is heavily scorching at 260c, but maybe for Salvia?

DeepFried,

duh

DeepFried, I think the idea is also to get a more accurate reading which would self-correct heating in general.

I think this is a point that should be made on the vp page as I hit into this all the time too and have found bluntface's temps to be accurate, but only after the unit is warmed up. Otherwise, there is a 30 degree swing from cold to full heating capability. The workaround is to turn it on and crank it up to 260 for a few minutes before setting on your target temp.

I just blew a few bags at 200 and wow, I forgot how wicked this thing is! :ko:

duh,

umpnum14

max said:
You may want to check with Arizer before doing this mod to see if it's going to void your warranty.
i think its a forgone conclusion that taking a drill to your extreme would void any warranty

umpnum14,

max

Out to lunch
umpnum14 said:
max said:
i think its a forgone conclusion that taking a drill to your extreme would void any warranty
I think it would be safe to assume that. And since the vape seems to get hot enough as is, I'd say this is a very risky mod for a digital vape.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Another option is to contact CD. I'm not sure where he is on picking up production yet, but he made me a custom bowl that sits closer to the heater and can be used with the screen pack method. We estimate it raises the temp in the bowl about 40 degrees. I've been getting some nice thick hits off it at lower temps. It gives me more range to get everything out of the herb. The real kicker is that the bowl has a slightly more narrow path which focuses the air more, leading to thicker hits. Go to his glass thread and ask if he is going to make more of these soon.

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i have been trying to get CD to make me custom extreme pieces since i got on here. not only is he too backed up but now he has to deal with his current dilemma of not having his original equipment.

illadelph,

umpnum14

stickstones said:
Another option is to contact CD. I'm not sure where he is on picking up production yet, but he made me a custom bowl that sits closer to the heater and can be used with the screen pack method. We estimate it raises the temp in the bowl about 40 degrees. I've been getting some nice thick hits off it at lower temps. It gives me more range to get everything out of the herb. The real kicker is that the bowl has a slightly more narrow path which focuses the air more, leading to thicker hits. Go to his glass thread and ask if he is going to make more of these soon.
Yea I thought the same thing I would hate to modify the case itself in order to simply lower the bowl to the heat. I tried emailing CD but he seems to be backed up as il says. But yes the best option is to simply make a bowl more shallow. I post a request. Thanks Sticks

umpnum14,

duh

umpnum14 said:
make a bowl more shallow
That's the only way I know, besides turning the heat up and/or taking monster fan-assist hits w/certain concentrates in between some abv - i.e. a good kief sandwich. Obviously, the amount has to be of the pin variety of any concentrate, otherwise, one would risk falling into the void.

I want more glass! Please add me to the list where-ever you find it. Just broke wand #1 and ready to try some 3rd party extreme accessories. :cool:

duh,

umpnum14

max said:
since the vape seems to get hot enough as is, I'd say this is a very risky mod for a digital vape.
Regarding getting hot enough I just want to use my extreme at all temps (some herbs require higher temps to vape)
Regarding it being risky maybe/maybe not (what does digital have to do with anything, not being a smart ass just wondering if i missed something)
This modification is very simply BUT VERY RISKY if your not handy with tools.
Personally would do this unless i had a spare housing to drill on
(Not that i would make mistakes just if you ever had to send it back to have the heater replaced under warranty they probably would REFUSE the WARRANTY IF they see another hole besides the original hole.)
With that said
All that would be required is disassembly (just follow the dissasembly for the glass heater cover replacement located at post #1341
Next remove the housing that surrounds the heater
Basically next with the housing removed just drill a hole below the original one. Basically you want to fit the COTTER PIN (Why does everyone call it a screw??? is it a canadian thing?) through the hole that you drill. I havent done this mod so i dont know exactly the size but off hand im guessing a 1/4" bit would be sufficient but ask Spyder as he has done this.
Next your done put everything back together placing the glass heater down to the new hole you drilled the heater will stick out a lil (basically the same distance you drilled the hole from the original)
Does that sound about right Spyder?

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
umpnum14 said:
max said:
since the vape seems to get hot enough as is, I'd say this is a very risky mod for a digital vape.
Regarding getting hot enough I just want to use my extreme at all temps (some herbs require higher temps to vape)
Regarding it being risky maybe/maybe not (what does digital have to do with anything, not being a smart ass just wondering if i missed something)
max is hinting at the logic that digital vapes have more that can go wrong with them than analog vapes, thus making the warranty more valuable. This makes sense as the E has had its share of faulty units, many having to do with the digital controls. Not much of a problem with a company like Arizer that goes the extra mile to take care of its customers, unless your warranty is voided due to modding. At this point in the E's life cycle, I think the warranty has significant value and should be protected.

I had a digital Black and Decker toaster oven that crapped out on me after two years...it was the controls. They replaced it and I was adamant that I wanted an analog replacement and am happy I got one.

stickstones,

umpnum14

Ok i caught that. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something else.
But true the logic behind such a drastic mod that would potentially (safe to assume it would) void any warranty isnt very good.

umpnum14,

spyder

umpnum14 said:
max said:
This modification is very simply BUT VERY RISKY if your not handy with tools.
Personally would do this unless i had a spare housing to drill on
(Not that i would make mistakes just if you ever had to send it back to have the heater replaced under warranty they probably would REFUSE the WARRANTY IF they see another hole besides the original hole.)
With that said
All that would be required is disassembly (just follow the dissasembly for the glass heater cover replacement located at post #1341
Next remove the housing that surrounds the heater
Basically next with the housing removed just drill a hole below the original one. Basically you want to fit the COTTER PIN (Why does everyone call it a screw??? is it a canadian thing?) through the hole that you drill. I havent done this mod so i dont know exactly the size but off hand im guessing a 1/4" bit would be sufficient but ask Spyder as he has done this.
Next your done put everything back together placing the glass heater down to the new hole you drilled the heater will stick out a lil (basically the same distance you drilled the hole from the original)
Does that sound about right Spyder?
Sounds right.....

I call it a screw...cuz that's what it is... maybe later models went with a cotter pin....

I know the earlier models had no screw or cotter so I think they are just improving on the design.

Not sure on the size... I just used the screw I took out and redrilled the screw into the base to make the new hole.

As far as the warranty goes.. I have dealt with them on a few issues and they have great Customer service and I don't think it would matter. if the mod caused the damage then ok but if the digital controller goes bad... I would have no issue send it back with the mod done to it and still expect them to stand behind it.

You are simple changing where the glass heat cover is held in.... not rewiring the unit.

To me it would be like the toaster oven not being covered because you changed shelf levels in the toaster

Do it and don't look back... You will be happy you did... my extreme functions much better than anyones that I know of

If you use the vape at 200*... then you don't need to...but if you are in the 240* range and feel you need to be a little hotter... crack her open

spyder,

duh

I am fascinated by this mod as I have no idea what I would use it for. Whenever I get to 240 or above, I get major lung butter, coughs, etc. As for Salvia, the 'best' absorption (per the modern 'finder' of Salvia, Daniel Siebert) is through the mucus in the mouth via tincture.

duh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
spyder said:
As far as the warranty goes.. I have dealt with them on a few issues and they have great Customer service and I don't think it would matter. if the mod caused the damage then ok but if the digital controller goes bad... I would have no issue send it back with the mod done to it and still expect them to stand behind it.

You are simple changing where the glass heat cover is held in.... not rewiring the unit.

To me it would be like the toaster oven not being covered because you changed shelf levels in the toaster
Toaster shelves are meant to be moved by the user. The innards of an Extreme are not. I agree with you that this mod doesn't have anything to do with the controller. But I would check with Arizer first if I were concerned about maintaining my warranty.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
spyder said:

Toaster shelves are meant to be moved by the user. The innards of an Extreme are not. I agree with you that this mod doesn't have anything to do with the controller. But I would check with Arizer first if I were concerned about maintaining my warranty.
Digital circuitry in a vape greatly increases your chances of a breakdown vs. analog. Most manufacturers will automatically void the warranty on an electronic product if they know it's been opened. A lot of products have a seal you have to break to get inside. Break the seal-warranty void. I'm not saying Arizer is this strict, but I agree it would be wise to check. Saying that you don't think it would matter means nothing. Their company policy is what matters, concerning warranty status.

max,

umpnum14

I agree that a digital vape has a greater chance of breaking down than an analog and that a modification of this type would (by most manufactures) void any warranty on the unit. This is why it was surprising that Ariser allows its customers to crack the unit open and change the heater cover and still honors its warranty (if you order the part from them)
As to if Arizer would honor the warranty if i sent back a modified unit, personally i wouldn't expect them to because as a company they have no way of know what I may have or not done to the unit. As Max says once a seal is broken (mine didn't have one) on most units (my cheap vaporite had one) the warranty is void and the company has no obligation to the customer. However Arizer is a good company I just wouldnt push it.
Id rather have the custom bowl and then I can get the bowl lower to heat source and get a cool bowl as well. imho

umpnum14,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Many fuckers have been asking how to set up the elbow method with the Extreme / V-Tower. Here is how I do it.

1. First grind up your bud finer than this. For some reason my grinder could not get this particular bud any finer. This is a perfectly measured amount, I packed it first and then emptied it out to show quantity.

2. Pack it in just tight enough to not fall out when placed into the cyclone bowl. Leave your cyclone bowl empty unless you are showing off and want to blitz some buddies. Suck on the whips mouthpiece and the air flow should feel slightly restricted, no restriction = pack a bit more bud and a bit tighter, too much restriction = give the elbow a quick stir and re pack a little looser.

3. Here is the nicely toasted remains, I really hit this elbow hard for photo purposes, with the last 2 hits at 260c and as you can see there are a few pieces that are too dark.

DeepFried,

duh

DeepFried said:
the last 2 hits at 260c
DF - You deserve the Iron Lung Award. :peace::peace::peace:

Did you also use the fan assist? That's my fav although I don't always use it - no need.

Alternative to repacking if the wand draw is 'stuck' - crank up the temps and set the fan to 3! :D

duh,

nowayback

*Tip*

If your going to clean your hose/tube do not use isopropynal alcohol. Now the vapor tastes like the incense Nag Champa pretty awful. I tried soaking the tube overnight and no change. The tube has to be replaced.

nowayback,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nowayback said:
*Tip*

If your going to clean your hose/tube do not use isopropynal alcohol. Now the vapor tastes like the incense Nag Champa pretty awful. I tried soaking the tube overnight and no change. The tube has to be replaced.
my tubing tasted like alcohol last time I cleaned it. It did finally get back to normal, but not until after a few days and a couple of uses.

stickstones,

jcw919

or just put an empty bowl in, turn on the fan and let it go for a bit. That should get the taste out pretty easily

jcw919,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom