Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
duh said:
DeepFried said:
the last 2 hits at 260c
Did you also use the fan assist? That's my fav although I don't always use it - no need.
I tried fan assist the first day I got my Extreme and then never again since. There is no button on the control panel to directly cycle the fan on and off, the remote is too fumbly for me. So it wasted a lot of vapor just trying to get it shut off.

DeepFried,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
deep, when i wanted to just simply turn on or off without the remote, i would go into the menu screen and go to the fan option and from 0 i would press down to go to three and then when you get your hit, press up to go back to 0. pretty simple but easy to forget. of course i only use the fan when my friends say "im not getting anything". i do this so that they get an overwhelming vapor cloud that quiets their bitching. :D

illadelph,

Guido

So I notice on my Extreme the screen in the elbow gets packed with product as I draw. I also notice a small puff of air in the mouthpiece will clear it without taking it off . Also the product seems to stir it's self so I kinda "Sherlock" it, as in puff, puff, sometimes. Will the blowing of air back into the mouthpiece cause problems with the Extreme?

Guido

Guido,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Guido said:
So I notice on my Extreme the screen in the elbow gets packed with product as I draw. I also notice a small puff of air in the mouthpiece will clear it without taking it off . Also the product seems to stir it's self so I kinda "Sherlock" it, as in puff, puff, sometimes. Will the blowing of air back into the mouthpiece cause problems with the Extreme?

Guido
Sounds like you are coming along fine Guido. I've been using this method for a while now. You shouldn't have any problem puffing back into the E...I just wouldn't give it big puffs or partial exhales.

stickstones,

Guido

Thanks, I got all my info from the site. I looked hard before I bought. I didn't want to waste the President's money!! I knew a lot before I ever got it. best tip, dry your product, it's 60 percent humidity here right now. Guido

Guido,

StayClasy

Don Dante
kerplonk said:
We did go through a lot more than we would normally, but I just smoked some of the AVB and it's still potent. Oh and I also put it in the grinder to make it finer this time before vaping it.

So it seems more wasteful, but I've got these funky tasting toasty bits that still have a good kick to them. They don't seem to produce any more vapor though.
So these are actually less efficient than regular combustion?

Also I heard this one isn't really that great at bag or whip, should I just get a vape that has one or the other if I really want the best quality?

StayClasy,

duh

StayClasy said:
actually less efficient than regular combustion
Vaporizing is less efficient in general than combustion, yes, but that is not specific to the Extreme. Vaporizing is also less efficient in giving you Cancer - to get effects w/out ash or tar.

Read the how to buy a vape and you'll find the Extreme in the middle of the class.

Most FCers consider the following statements to be true:
Bag vape best = Volcano
Wand vape best = SSV
Best at both: Extreme

Compared to the SSV, I understand the Extreme is more efficient but also gives smaller wand hits.

HTH,
duh

duh,
vaporizing is less efficient than combustion? i could be wrong but i dont think that is true unless you are talking about the extreme in particular, which i have no experience with in which case ill just s t f u!

thevapedcrusader,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
StayClasy said:
So these are actually less efficient than regular combustion?

Also I heard this one isn't really that great at bag or whip, should I just get a vape that has one or the other if I really want the best quality?
As duh says they are less efficient at giving you cancer and what not but Ive never seen anyone able to reuse cache out of a combustion chamber to cook with it or re combust it.
Once I found a vape that fit me I gave up combustion totally

umpnum14,

eLiguL

Being an owner of an E and also a VC(vaporcannon, a unit very similar to SSV) I can honestly say that if you are coming from a quality whip based system (VB,VC,SSV,etc.) you will notice the hits arent as satisfying. However, for my friends who did not have experience with whip vape they found the hits to be more than satisfactory.

Its not to say that the hits are bad on the E whip its just noticably not as satisfying when coming from a dedicated whip based system, at least it was for me. I have never used a Volcano so I cannot comment on the bag quality. The bags from the E always got me ripped but the Volcano has less filling time and a better nozzle with cap.

eLiguL,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Hmmm. They Extreme seems like a very interesting product to me, especially because it has both methods of smoking, and I really do not have much experience with vapes. If I am reading correctly the SSV has a better quality wand, and the bag system for Extreme isn't top notch, than I may go with the SSV. Some one told me to get a Herbalaire, but I have heard some nasty things, so far.

And thanks for responding to my posts, you guys are cool as hell. :peace:

StayClasy,

duh

StayClasy said:
SSV has a better quality wand
I wouldn't say better, I'd say bigger, larger - some ppl - especially former smokers/combusters, are used to the 'bigger' hit.

But remember, the bigger hit also costs more material so if you keep reading around, you'll find the SSV shreds through stash faster too.

duh,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Hmm, well I'm not sold on the extreme yet, but anyone know a good site to order it from for cheap? Yes I searched, but found nothing of use.

StayClasy,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I guess it's worth noting that I have some third party elbow pieces that hang down about 1/3 of the way down past the black marking into the cyclone bowl which makes the elbow screen area get much hotter.

If anyone has some suggestions on efficiency, especially anyone with custom made, lower sitting, elbows (or even a GonG setup) it would be greatly appreciated!

Durden,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i cant wait to use an SSV. i honestly can get hits bigger than bong hits from my E at 200 C! i need videos!!!! :2c:

i feel like it is made to seem that the extreme is a mediocre vape.....

and as far as efficiency, i probably use a fraction of what i used to while combusting. :)

illadelph,

umpnum14

TylerDurden said:
I guess it's worth noting that I have some third party elbow pieces that hang down about 1/3 of the way down past the black marking into the cyclone bowl which makes the elbow screen area get much hotter.

If anyone has some suggestions on efficiency, especially anyone with custom made, lower sitting, elbows (or even a GonG setup) it would be greatly appreciated! No time now but I'll post my setup soon.
Custom Elbow???? for the extreme did i miss something? I know about CD's custom bowls and the thread associated with that but not about the elbow did you do these locally or online?

umpnum14,

duh

umpnum14 said:
TylerDurden said:

If anyone has some suggestions on efficiency, especially anyone with custom made, lower sitting, elbows (or even a GonG setup) it would be greatly appreciated! No time now but I'll post my setup soon.
Custom Elbow???? for the extreme did i miss something? I know about CD's custom bowls and the thread associated with that but not about the elbow did you do these locally or online?
No doubt! You get an E for 2 weeks and already have 3rd party custom bowls!?!

Share! :D

duh,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Ok I have done some heavy reading today, think I am almost sold on the Extreme. If I order from dieselvapors.com how long does it take to get to me? Does it come with a warranty?

StayClasy,

umpnum14

StayClasy said:
Ok I have done some heavy reading today, think I am almost sold on the Extreme. If I order from dieselvapors.com how long does it take to get to me? Does it come with a warranty?
The Extreme has a great warranty and even better customer service. The warranty on an Extreme is 2 years parts and labor and Lifetime on the heater. In regards to dieselvapors I ordered on thursday and got on Monday .

umpnum14,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Ok well I just have a few more noob questions...

Those of you who have owned the extreme for a while, how has it held up? Are you happy with your purchase? Was it worth the money as opposed to just smoking a bong? I am probably going to buy mine on monday, and I just don't really want to regret it, 250 is a lot for a smoking accessory, so I just am trying to make sure it's really worth it.

StayClasy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stayclasy, why don't you look around to see if you can try some vapes somewhere before you buy?. You sound like you are looking for bong rips from a vape and expect to be way more lifted than your bong while using less bud. The point of vaping imo is to lessen the harmful effects of combustion by products which you don't sound concerned about.

DeepFried,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Ya, I tried some vapes before, the Vapair(sp?), and some other cheap one that plugged into a cigarette lighter. From those times I felt a a bit higher than normal, but that was also back when I was a rookie smoker.

But ya, one of the things I do expect from a vape is to get a better high, is that a bad/wrong thing to expect from a vape in general? I have heard from people it makes the high last longer, or even a more "potent" high, in a way to put it I guess. No one I know right now owns one so I am kind of SOL there.

I do realize that one of the main points in owning a vape is the health benefits. Also, I am working full time right now, so I really don't smoke too much right now, except weeknights to help me sleep(I have had some bad cases of insomnia over the years, and smoking helps this immensely), I heard vaping weed helps you get better sleep too.

StayClasy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom