Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skuzzer

sethhobrin said:
Anyone had problems ordering from warehouse goods/vapeword? I placed and order last week and the fedex number still shows as not even picked up yet. I called them and they were pretty confused. my cc has already been charged. just wondering what others experiences have been with this vendor.
I ordered through them/him - experience wasn't the worst, but I probably wouldn't recommend ordering through them.
When my E first arrived it was broken - he got me to send it back at my expense saying I'd be reimbursed from the postage insurance, then his story changed a few times about when my replacement would ship and how I'd get my postage money - I got my replacement E and after a few back and forth emails getting no where but more stories from him I gave up on the postage money and just enjoyed my E.

Skuzzer,

Beezleb

Bummer, Please review our sticky on legit resellers and dealers for information on peoples experience.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Skuzzer said:
sethhobrin said:
Anyone had problems ordering from warehouse goods/vapeword? I placed and order last week and the fedex number still shows as not even picked up yet. I called them and they were pretty confused. my cc has already been charged. just wondering what others experiences have been with this vendor.
I ordered through them/him - experience wasn't the worst, but I probably wouldn't recommend ordering through them.
When my E first arrived it was broken - he got me to send it back at my expense saying I'd be reimbursed from the postage insurance, then his story changed a few times about when my replacement would ship and how I'd get my postage money - I got my replacement E and after a few back and forth emails getting no where but more stories from him I gave up on the postage money and just enjoyed my E.
Skuzzer, please do the world a favor and send an email to Arizer telling them about your experience with this reseller. I'd be willing to bet they don't want to do business with anyone that regularly has this poor customer service. They may do nothing, but I doubt it.

sales@arizer.com

stickstones,

sethhobrin

Guys HELP! I just got my v3 extreme. I must be doing something wrong. WHenver i take hits particles of the herb fly up through the tub into my lungs. I take a really slow whiphit or use fan setting 1 ad I can see the herby fly around and i can taste all the pieces on my tongue. The whip elbow did not have a screen. I tried putting one on and little pieces still fly through. can't take hits like this... what am i doing wrong or did i put this thing together wrong?

EDIT: Ok so i figured out that there HAS to be a screen for the whip elbow. My set must be missing it. there was a spae in a little bag so I grabbed that and put it on. it then fell in the bowl and I had to interrupt the whole sesh to dig it out.

Ok a v3 what is the best temp to start with? i set it for 230 with 260 being the max.

I'm also filling the bowl about half way up to the black part with pretty dry ground up herb.

Any tips for me?

Also that vape warehouse place that originally never shipped my package forgot to inclue the alluminum case that I ordered with it so now I have to call back for a third timeto complain. these guys are terrible.

sethhobrin,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Guys HELP! I just got my v3 extreme. I must be doing something wrong. WHenver i take hits particles of the herb fly up through the tub into my lungs. I take a really slow whiphit or use fan setting 1 ad I can see the herby fly around and i can taste all the pieces on my tongue. The whip elbow did not have a screen. I tried putting one on and little pieces still fly through. can't take hits like this... what am i doing wrong or did i put this thing together wrong?
No screen in the elbow was definitely the problem. Particles that have already gotten through probably is the problem. Clean/dry the tube/elbow/mouthpiece and NJoy.

Progress,

sethhobrin

Progress said:
No screen in the elbow was definitely the problem. Particles that have already gotten through probably is the problem. Clean/dry the tube/elbow/mouthpiece and NJoy.
Thanks this was exactly it. want to hear something crazy. now im all paranois and scared to pull harder. i have to just trust that it is clean and not going to let shit through.. what a terrible first rip.... Going to go watch the Office with my wife and ponder my first experience and try to tweak me settings and method. any tips guys?

sethhobrin,

roboticnightmares

I just want to say i got the latest version about 10 days ago and have absolutely loved it. Amazing flavors and mad effective. My fav setting after warm up are 180c-200c.

Has anyone elses glass tube piece on which you place the bowl ever broken off? Thats what happend to me today redering the unti useless. Less than a day without my extreme and its sorely missed. I emailed the manufacturer, i hope they fix or replace it since ive only had it 10 days. Just emailed them a little bit ago , so ill let you all know how it goes, but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and how the customer service was. I bought mine from a local shop, have the receipt yet they told me to call the manufacturer.

Also just wanted to mention ive tried several other vapes and this one is still by
far The best.

Just can not conceive that im going to be burning after being finally liberated from combustion after decades long relationship. Can you tell Im a recent convert from my enthusiasm for this method and this particular vaporizer?

mod edit: posts merged.

roboticnightmares,

sethhobrin

roboticnightmares said:
I just want to say i got the latest version about 10 days ago and have absolutely loved it. Amazing flavors and mad effective. My fav setting after warm up are 180c-200c.

Has anyone elses glass tube piece on which you place the bowl ever broken off? Thats what happend to me today redering the unti useless. Less than a day without my extreme and its sorely missed. I emailed the manufacturer, i hope they fix or replace it since ive only had it 10 days. Just emailed them a little bit ago , so ill let you all know how it goes, but was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and how the customer service was. I bought mine from a local shop, have the receipt yet they told me to call the manufacturer.
Thanks for the tip on starting temp.

Ok so what is the best way to get the screen to stay on the whip elbow without falling on the herb into the chamber?

sethhobrin,

roboticnightmares

just bent the bottom part of the screen, play with shapeing it gently and it should stay in there nice and snug.

Also at first when i bought it, i did mainly for the whip, but you to will find the amazing results you get with the bags with the Extreme. Remember to stir after each bad, especially if you you pack in alot. I think its best to grind your stuff or break it up as much as you can.

mod edit: posts merged

roboticnightmares,

extremechick

roboticnightmares said:

This has happened to me twice, but both times it was my fault. The warranty does not cover the glass insert, but you can order them directly from Arizer or greatvape.com. Also, be sure to ask for instructions on how to properly insert it back in the unit if you're not handy (like me:p)

extremechick,

roboticnightmares

That sucks, i barely exerted much pressure. Im not surre we are talking about the same thing. the tube that broke off surrounds the heating element, not an elbow piece or whip. I dont see that part available on either site. And to fix this i think you have to take apart the unit, wouldnt that void any warranties?

EDIT: Now that i think about it I think we are talking about the same thing, i dont see what else you could be talking about. Its just i dont see that part listed on their sites. How much was the replacement?Thanks

roboticnightmares,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
That sucks, i barely exerted much pressure.
My :2c::
Sorry to hear (happened to me too :( --from abuse :rolleyes: ).
I dont see that part available on either site
Not on the site (just e-mail/call Arizer). A nice thing about the E ( all of the glass parts are pretty cheap)
IMO, get an extra to save on shipping (just in case).
And to fix this i think you have to take apart the unit, wouldnt that void any warranties?
I imagine (unless Arizer was willing to send you confirmation e-mail that it would not) :rolleyes: . I could care less about warranty coverage (reputation is where it is at IMO). They may even fix it free (plus shipping maybe?) if you send it in (I fixed mine and had had already opened mine out of curiousity and again to 'dust') :shrug:
Can't hurt to contact them ;)
Hope it is not your only unit :/
Toke it easy :D

Progress,

roboticnightmares

thanks for responding. I Emailed them a couple few hours, certainly not expecting immediate response. Yes my first and only piece. Do you remembe how much the replacement part was? Thanks

roboticnightmares,

extremechick

Yeah, we're talking about the same thing...here ya go....from my email....

If you'd rather we fix it that's no problem, the cost of the repair is $25.00 plus the cost to return it to you, that costs us $22 we only charge a flat rate of $15. The total cost is $40.00. Paypal is okay if that's convenient for you, sales@arizer.com, Credit Card payment (Visa or Mastercard), or you can include an international money order along with your repair. We offer a 24 hour turn around service upon receipt of your repair.

If returning your unit please make sure it is cleaned out and put a value of $10.00 and reason for return "Defective Product Return" Please only send the Extreme unit, power adaptor and remote only - no glass. Also include a copy of this email, as this will help the repairs department a lot as well as your return address and email. (*Please note when sending your unit back NOT to ship via UPS of FEDEX - only ship via postal service (US Postal Service or Canada Post).

Please let me know what you would like to do, if you decide on fixing it yourself please forward me your address. If you'd like to send it to us our address is below:

Arizer Tech
55 Northfield Drive East
Unit 342
Waterloo, ON
N2K 3T6 - Canada

Just a reminder with the glass sticking together, never pry/twist or force the glass together or apart. If your glass sticks together never pull/twist the glass apart - gently wiggle the glass piece slightly back and forth (side to side) this motion will loosen the glass joints apart. Placing the unit in a cool room or refrigerator (after it cools down) will help loosen the glass but again use the back and forth motion to loosen pieces apart. You can refer to your owners manual under Cautions & Tips and throughout the manual for helpful tips.

Below please find some instructions on how to replace the glass heater cover.

Please follow these steps:

1./ Remove 4 rubber feet on bottom of base.
2./ Unscrew the 4 screws located under each rubber foot.
3./ Remove bottom base cover.
4./ Locate 2 screws only, one on either side of the circuit board (do not remove any screws that secure down the circuit boards).
Remove these 2 screws that secure the stainless steel cylinder down, and remove the cylinder (*Note: if it is tough to remove the
cylinder - wiggle the cylinder back and forth until it becomes loose and comes off - be careful not to touch the circuit board to prevent
any damage).
5./ When you have the cylinder off you will see the ceramic heater. Remove the long screw that secures the glass heater cover and
remove any broken glass particles by gently blowing canned air and/or turning it upside down and gently shake it so any glass
will fall out (*Note: when shaking the unit so any glass particles fall out - hold the ceramic heating element to prevent any damage).
6./ Once it is all cleaned out, place the new replacement glass heater cover in place and secure it with the long bottom screw
(Note: make sure the holes in the cradle and glass heater cover are lined up to prevent breaking/cracking the glass). Make sure
before installing the new heater cover to put the insulation tube around the glass heater cover first.
7./ Now screw in the top 4 support screws evenly which center and support/holds the glass heater cover (*Note: do not screw in the 4
support screws too tight to prevent damage to the glass heater cover).
8./ Place the cylinder back on - line up the holes in the cylinder with the holes in the base. Position the cylinder top hole so it is
centered with the top of the glass heater cover. Secure the 2 screws that hold the cylinder in place.
9./ Place/center the base cover back on and screw in the 4 screws and place the 4 rubber feet back on.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Debbie

extremechick,

roboticnightmares

extremechick, thanks for responding. Oh well, guess i have to wait for them to respond and then order the glass part. Just resorted to combustion and what a difference. It is just so disgusting compared to vaping and this is coming from somone who has smoked probably ever single day for the past ten years before getting a vaporizer. I just hope i did not damage the heating element. No way im returning it, just want it fixed asap; im just way too impatient and now i have to wait probabl atleast a week. Will make sure to be extra carefull from now on. Hopefully others can learn from this.

roboticnightmares,

kaja

hi

i just got my extreme a couple of weeks back and it is my first vape ever and also the first time i expirienced smoking a vape.
it is very well made, nice device but i have a few ?

first i would like to ask all you people with vaping expirience about the tastes.
the taste was the most important reason why i decided to get a vape. i understood that vaping was the most tasty way to smoke but after 2 weeks of vaping and trying diffrent ways i am not even getting close to the taste which im used to from my spliffs. i have tried many diffrent types of bud but the general taste is very much alike in all of them and reminds me a bit about how it would taste if i speed cured it the microwave and smoked it in a spliff...why is that?
is it possible to get extremly delicious shots like in other smoking practicess im used to?

thanks

kaja,

extremechick

roboticnightmares said:
extremechick, thanks for responding. Oh well, guess i have to wait for them to respond and then order the glass part. Just resorted to combustion and what a difference. It is just so disgusting compared to vaping and this is coming from somone who has smoked probably ever single day for the past ten years before getting a vaporizer. I just hope i did not damage the heating element. No way im returning it, just want it fixed asap; im just way too impatient and now i have to wait probabl atleast a week. Will make sure to be extra carefull from now on. Hopefully others can learn from this.
robotic, shoot an email to sales@arizer.com. There's a girl there named Debbie who will respond back in a few hours. Just tell her you need a glass insert, like mentioned earlier, order two, just in case.

extremechick,

sethhobrin

I have a version 3 E with max temp of 260.

Ok so my E arrived yesterday and I posted last night but I was already high all day and didn't want to talk about my experiences until I had a fresh rip. I just woke up and put some coffee on and loaded up my new E. I let it heat up 5 mins to 200 and then loaded the bowl and let that warm for 5 minutes. I filled a bag and put it on fan setting 2(as i wanted to try and get thicker vapor). It was a a medium thickness vapor in the bag. Took me about 5 long pulls from the bag to empty it. I then tried to fill the second bag and set it to fan speed 1 to slow it down and get thicker vapor as I wanted to see something denser. Hardly any vapor came out. I increased the temp to 210 and then 220 and still hardly any vapor. the bag filled and it was a very light mist inside. i took those in and they were not nearly as impactful as the first bag.

I then increased the temp to 230 and took about a dozen whips tapping the bowl to mix every 3. I really didn't see any vapor here.

At this point the herb are a light brownish. I've been dumping them in to a seperate dish and I've notice there is still tons of little green stuff in here. Is this how it is supposed to look when done? Should I be going hotter than 230 on a new v3? A couple pieces here or there are darker brown and I'm afraid if I go higher it will be too hot and start to combust.

Guys do you find it not necessary to stir the bowl as when you pull or use the fan the herbs fly around or mix up a bit?

I was just expecting more vapor for longer amount of time I guess.

I am high. So I know it worked right. I'm not blown away or anything but I am definately pretty blazed.

sethhobrin,

extremechick

I have the V3, also. I find running the fan on 3 fills the bag w/ thicker vapor. I also stir my bowls after each bag; filling the bowl about 1/2 full. I play w/ the temp, too, I've found that 200-210 c works best w/ the first bags; 220-230 w/ the last.

Was surprised to see posts on here saying the temp didn't really matter; I find it does, or maybe it's just me

EC

extremechick,

eLiguL

sethhobrin said:
At this point the herb are a light brownish. I've been dumping them in to a seperate dish and I've notice there is still tons of little green stuff in here. Is this how it is supposed to look when done? Should I be going hotter than 230 on a new v3? A couple pieces here or there are darker brown and I'm afraid if I go higher it will be too hot and start to combust.

Guys do you find it not necessary to stir the bowl as when you pull or use the fan the herbs fly around or mix up a bit?

I was just expecting more vapor for longer amount of time I guess.

I am high. So I know it worked right. I'm not blown away or anything but I am definately pretty blazed.
Try going higher and see if it suits your taste, personally I vape from 240-260 depending on the quality of the stuff (Quality=lower temps, Schwag=higher temps).

I only stir the bowl when I blow bags, when I use the whip the stuff kinda dances in the bowl and stirs itself.

I am not too sure how long you have been vaping so I am unsure of whether you are use to the vapor high. Some people who cross over from smoking say there is something missing and there is, the fact that your body isnt attacked by the combustible aspects (soot, carcinogens, etc.) and lowers your immune system. This helps enhance the heavy lethargic feeling you usually get from smoking.

eLiguL,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
kaja said:
hi

i just got my extreme a couple of weeks back and it is my first vape ever and also the first time i expirienced smoking a vape.
it is very well made, nice device but i have a few ?

first i would like to ask all you people with vaping expirience about the tastes.
the taste was the most important reason why i decided to get a vape. i understood that vaping was the most tasty way to smoke but after 2 weeks of vaping and trying diffrent ways i am not even getting close to the taste which im used to from my spliffs. i have tried many diffrent types of bud but the general taste is very much alike in all of them and reminds me a bit about how it would taste if i speed cured it the microwave and smoked it in a spliff...why is that?
is it possible to get extremly delicious shots like in other smoking practicess im used to?

thanks
could it be that you are just used to a "smoky" flavor, i didnt really taste the difference between diff strains for a bit, but now i can define the taste of my weed like a fine wine connoisseur, something i could never do with smoking

Acolyte of Zinglon,

sethhobrin

I turned the temps down to 190 and I am getting much better results. I was blazed for 2 hours this morning from 2 bags and a few whip hits.

Question: What does your stuff look like when your done? Is there any green left? I find that there is some green bits here and there no matter what I do. I kind of feel bad discarding green bits from the brown left overs...

this is my first time vaping.

sethhobrin,

bsandhu

all depends on the buds you get.

i have the newest version i vape at temps around 210 give or take 10
the stuff that comes out is a light brown
only time its a bit green is if i end early

bsandhu,

Beezleb

You can save and use your abv in cooking and the like. It still has some give left especially if its greenish.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom