Not open for further replies.

specked

spyder said:
I can't get a good thick vap from it?? direct or bag

even at 250...

i get a better vap off my $50 box...

or a heat gun and my bong

I'm confused...
try 260. do you have a 1st gen or 2nd gen extreme?

specked,

djelimon

Slowly increase the temp until you hit the sweet spot.

BTW, are you reading Celsius or Fahrenheit? Because iirc these numbers are in Celsius.

djelimon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
spyder said:
How do I tell what generation I have? I just got it and it doesn't go past 250* C

everything I read states I need to be up around 350

Help!
If you just got it directly from Arizer then it should be a second gen unit. Also, if it doesn't go past 250C then it definitely is a second gen unit. The second gen units should be used at 100C lower than the newer ones.

I use my unit (1st gen) at between 310C and 340C depending on the strain. So start yours out at 200 and work your way up to get the sweet spot. This might be frustrating as you may not get vapor for the first several tries. It might be more satisfying to start at the top end of 250C and get vapor and then work your way down by 10C increments until you get the taste you want.

Do you have much experience with vaporizers? This was my first one ever and it was tricky at first for me. Holler out if what I suggested does not work. And if it does, tell us what temps work best for you.

Also, try heating your unit up for 10 to 20 minutes first. I set mine on the highest setting for 10 minutes. Then I drop the temp to where I want to vape and put the loaded bowl on there and let it heat up with the unit for another 20 minutes. Then I throw the bag on there at fan speed 3 and enjoy my evening!

stickstones,

spyder

My experience is limited but suffiant

It only goes up to 250* C

I normally find the sweet spot by finding the burn point and backing down.

it vaps just not thick...or like any of the pictures in the review

hence my thoughts of why I need it to get hotter.

I've tried...
letting it warm up for a 1/2 hour
letting it warm up with a full bowl attached ( filled 1/4 - 1/2 way to bottom of black shield on bowl)

spyder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
spyder, if it's getting close to combustion temps and you can't get a thick vapor something is not right.

How good are the herbs you're working with?

What's the lighting like where you're vaping? (affects visibility big time)

How are you feeling afterwards? Buzzin'?

vtac,

spyder

herbs are decent...

I can get a thick vape on the same herbs...with a wooden vape box... but can also run that allot hotter.

heat gun and my bong ...real thick.... once again... can run that hot

Not sure what your asking about the lighting questions?

power is strong... live in a very big city...

Here is question... can anyone with a new version ( i assume it's the new version since it only goes up to 250*C) get a burn out @ 250*C

DO THE NEW UNITS GO ABOVE 250*C??

How I feel afterwards is ripped!!

I know it works... I just think it could be better and thicker

There is no way to post pictures on here is there... I'll blow a bag and post it...

side question... was this suppose to come with the TuFF bowl?

spyder,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You should have gotten a tuff bowl.

I think the last guy who said he didn't get a tuff bowl ended up finding it in his box wrapped in cardboard or something. Go check all the packing materials that your unit came with.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Some successes at different temps:

Top grade shit -- 310C
Cryppy -- 330C
Regs -- 340C to 350C

Remember...I have a first gen unit, so your temps might be 100C lower.

stickstones,

spyder

No tuff bowl... 2 regular bowls

Do the 2nd gen. units go above 250*C

spyder,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Spyder...sounds like they mispacked a regular bowl for a tuff bowl, as I got one of each. For the record, I have never used my tuff bowl. If you contact them they will send you a tuff bowl, I'm sure.

The first gen unit will not go above 350C, so I'm pretty sure the new ones won't go above 250C.

stickstones,

spyder

GrumpyJanitor said:
I have a new one and it goes up to 350C, it must be the old ones that peak at 250C
You sure you have a new one and not the older one...

I think stickstones is correct with 350*C on the old... 250*C on the new.

the older one was off 100*C hotter on the display

spyder,

spyder

I did...

Older ones display up to 350*C

New ones display up to 250*C

anyone want to second that???

spyder,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Spyder is correct, according to what Steve (the manufacturer) told us. I would have to assume you got an older one, Janitor. IMO, the old ones are better. The lower temp display was in response to customers being confused about vaping temps and combustion temps and what temp the display was showing. However, this issue is present in any vape on the market. The temps displayed are for the heating element, not the air temp, as the sensors aren't between the element and the bowl. The only difference between the older units and the newer units is the location of the sensor. Arizer identified that the air temp was about 100C lower than the displayed element temp on the older units (older is relative here, as this product was first made available earlier this year).

Start reading this thread here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=32&p=3

to get caught up to speed on the different generations.

stickstones,

glizitch

hey....

nice to see some new heads in here.... welcome all!

so i say 310C - 315C is optimal temp for the 1st gen units.

i can reach combustion at 320C.. anyone else have this issue?

i even reached combustion at 310C with some low quality stuff recently....

happy vaping

glizitch,

GrumpyJanitor

I find that my best results occur at 305C. I warm it up for about 5 - 10 minutes, add the bud and then give it another 5 minutes. I usually add about half a joint and that gives me 5 or 6 good pulls of delicious vapor. What are you guys doing as far as pre-heating and the unit and waiting after the bud is added?

GrumpyJanitor,

glizitch

as far as preheating goes grumpyJanitor....

i let it preheat at 310C for ten minutes

then put the loaded bowl on (about half full up to the black line) maybe more some days...

but most importantly make sure that air can easily pass over the bowl.

to test.... inhale a big breath THEN put your mouth on the top of the bowl and blow through

its always a good idea to do this because some herbs are stickier than others!

then let the bowl preheat for 10 minutes...

fill a bag or start puffing on the whip!

i always use bags though cuz i love how it fits with my water pipe.

the hose is better if u have something really tasty though

i then do a second bag at 315C and then i think its spent

its good to know that you have been using a lower temperature too...

i hope this info helps

happy vaping!

g

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
spyder said:
No tuff bowl... 2 regular bowls

Do the 2nd gen. units go above 250*C
I just checked their website and the latest pic of the unit shows it with two cyclone bowls and no tuff bowls. Maybe they are shipping them this way with the tuff bowl as an optional add-on.

stickstones,

GreenFiend

Now this is odd because I got mine back in march and it reads up to 350* but its perfect at 240*. Anything past 275* and it leaves the herb charred almost BLACK! Ive never gone over 300*for that reason, even on the wettest, stickiest of the icky. lol

GreenFiend,

mookow69

Just posting back, still haven't gotten my Arizer. I ordered it from VapeNow.com's ebay site and they are taking their time delivering it (bet they made sure it worked before shipping it :lol: ). Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. I chose vapenow because they are located in Vermont, so I figured it would get to me faster from their instead of Florida. The Florida seller got me my Vapir oxygen in 3-4 days, vapenow has taken roughly 2 weeks! So that has been my oxymoron as of lately. :ko:

spyder, are you making sure your herb is finely ground? My V-tower can get reasonably good pulls with finely ground herbs. The Fresh air intake on my V-Tower made sure I got silky smooth pulls each time. If your making bags do experiment! It took me a few trys before I was able to get the thickest bags from my volcano.
I wish to add my experience into this:
I feel that the fresh air intake on my V-Tower makes it hard to get very thick pulls, I feel the reasoning behind this is because the fresh air intake makes the pulls silky smooth! I guess it's a trade off of sorts, I can not criticize anyone for wanting thick vapor as I find thick vapor satisfying as well.

Hopefully I will have more of an experience to report on once I get my Arizer. Ill probably use these threads to start off and see where I go.

Ooh and btw Djelimon, I am not trying to put the Oxygen down. I did try leaving the unit at full temp until it turned the heater off (then I would turn it back on) about 3-4 times and completely disassembled the unit and cleaned it with hot water (not boiling, would that have made a difference?). After doing that I didn't notice a major reduction, that's why I gave up.

mookow69,

spyder

Hello All,
Great site...very informative. I have since gotten a little more time with my extreme..

few tips that made world of differnce was.. Let it warm up.. I usually do about a 10 - 15 minute warm up...half with just the bowl then with a packed bowl. don't use too much.. I say a 1/4 to maybe 1/2 full to the black line. i often pack the cup screen in the elbow instead for smaller sessions.

I also don't put the mouth piece on it I put an O ring on it instead and use on the bong as a slide

You can pull some great hits that way

I ordered from Vapenow and had my extreme in 2 days.. well... took a day to ship it then two days

spyder,

xshiva

xShiva
Hey guys, i just thought id say hello and introduce myself to the forum. Im an aussie that just recently purchased an extreme and am still waiting on it to arrive (im expecting it this coming week). i cant wat to give it a go as i have never used a vaporizer before! Anyways cheers to you all for all the awesome info and in depth reviews of the extreme its been a huge help in the sleecting to buy area and info on how to use my new toy.

Thanks
xShiva

xshiva,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom