Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanBlades

vtac said:
Some tips:

Want a valve for the balloon? Try some glad press n seal. Thanks, glizitch.

The temperature reported on the display is the temperature of the heating element, not the air passing over your herb. The difference is said to be roughly 100C.

The element heats up quickly but allowing some time for the glass to warm up results in optimal hits. You can crank it up to max (350C) for a few minutes and then dial it down to where you want it.

What is the right temperature? That's up to you! Vaporizing is a personal experience, experimenting to find your technique is half the fun. With the whip, users have reported good results anywhere from 290-350, again it depends on your technique. The Extreme was designed to prevent users from burning their herb, although a unit left on max all day with super-dry finely-ground herb may result in combustion.

Anyone have an idea for balloon temps? Is the highest fan speed best for balloons? Please help me add to this post, I don't have an Extreme and am just trying to gather good bits from the old thread. :)

---UPDATE----
Rockwise said:
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there has been some discrepancies in the temperatures some forum members here are getting vapor from the Extreme. All new production runs of the Extreme are designed to acheive vapor at 190-200 degrees Celcius. At Arizer and Rockwise we were both bombarded with so many emails and phone calls regarding the "indisputibale fact that thc vaporizes at 200 c" that the executive decision was made to adjust the heat sensor so that users can actually acheive vapor at this temperature. FOR ANYONE WHO ORDERS A NEW EXTREME, please start with a temperature of approximately 190 - 200 degrees celcius, and go from there.
I found that 230-250 works best for dense bags which I like :) The fan is better on low for bags if you want thick vape. Put fan on hight for thinner vapor. With the whip, high is good for super drags (pre heat is important) I love this vape I tryed volcanos a couple times, and it's pritty comparable. I could goon and on about how great it is but problythe quickest way to word it is all claims made are all true. I highly recommend this product!

NathanBlades,

MonarchX

It may sound odd, but I end up getting much thicker hits and more hits number-wise from a teaspoon sized dose of bud than from 2-teaspoon sized dose...

MonarchX,

shredsnowvapeherb

What are my options as far as a gong connection for my extreme, hooking it up to a smaller bong. I'm not too sure what gauge the female piece is, however, I have only seen 2 different sizes in my life, and mine is the larger of the two.

Currently I wrapped some plastic wrap around the whip mouthpiece so it is relatively airtight, but would be more legit with some glass on glass action.

thanks

where's the best place to host pics?

shredsnowvapeherb,

shredsnowvapeherb

Airflow has become an issue. I have a feeling the unit is clogged? anyone else dealt with this? search function hasn't helped.

I took the unit apart including the fan out of the bottom ect. However I don't know how to take the glass heater cover off and didnt want to risk breaking it?

can anyone who has dealt with this issue offer some guidance?

thanks

shredsnowvapeherb,

hereatlast

Hey shred can you expand a little on your problem? You're having trouble pulling vapor through because of resistance? Also how long is your whip? Does the fan still push vapor through the tube/into the bags?

I've noticed that clean screens make a huge difference but that doesn't necessarily sound like your problem.

hereatlast,

shredsnowvapeherb

Hey thanks for the response.

I have clean screens, I keep them in iso and swap them out regularily.
My whip is standard length, the elbow is crystal clear as i just cleaned it, the tubing is also clean.

Basically what is happening is their is slightly more resistance than normal, the heater appears to be working fine, and i usually do elbow packs. As you are probably aware when you elbow pack the bud browns more in the middle, which is fine I still get a huge blast.

However, now when I take a pull, the area inside the elbow that has been vaped is the size of the tiny little hole you can see through the screen that covers the glass heater cover... about this big " o ". The rest of the bud remains bright green.

The other thing i noticed, is when i turn the fan on, air is pushing back out of the bottom of the unit, where as far as I know, air should only be inducted.

Thanks for your help, would love to get to vapin' again.

shredsnowvapeherb,

DerekT

I don't have a phone number for him...always communicated through email
They have no 800 number and not even a non 800 number?

I made a mistake on address of an order for a second one because my one has issues. My mistake in the sending. I gave the wrong last number and wrong postal code first number. :( Canada post told me to contact Arizer to get them to cancel and resend.

NO PHONE NUMBER????

Seriously. I love the unit but no phone number? They support VERY well but I need to be able to contact them in the event of such an issue.

Edit: Will update....

Debbie did everything at her end to fix my error. I think that Canada Post will deal with this either by delivering it to me or returning it. It's too bad Canada Post can not stop shipping when requested by the shipper and accompanied by their tracking number.

Such is life. I still have one. Must have two though. One just in case. :p and this is the Bomb boys. Cereal.

DerekT,

shredsnowvapeherb

Still trying to trouble shoot hte drastic change in performance of my unit, getting little to no feedback so far from users on this message board, but i'll try one more time...

Can someone answer me the following:

When you have your fan turned on, lift up your unit, if you put your hand near the air inlet, can you feel only air being sucked in, or can you feel a small amount of air being pushed back out the bottom?

thanks

shredsnowvapeherb,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
shredsnowvapeherb said:
When you have your fan turned on, lift up your unit, if you put your hand near the air inlet, can you feel only air being sucked in, or can you feel a small amount of air being pushed back out the bottom?

thanks
I've got the Extreme .v3 purchased Jan 29/10. Missed the Extreme Q, but not a concern at all for me. I can feel air being sucked in on fan speed 1,2, and 3. I do not feel air getting pushed out the bottom. I'm primarily using it while it is sitting on carpet (bad I know).

Tom

tdavie,

shredsnowvapeherb

Thanks for responding.

sounds like something is clogging the airway. Has anyone else encountered a clogged airway possibly within the ceramic heater area?

shredsnowvapeherb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
not me...have you contacted Arizer by email yet? They fix shit fast.

tdavie...opposite end of the spectrum for me. I had my E sitting on a shelf with a hole custom drilled in it for better airflow.

stickstones,

shredsnowvapeherb

I have emailed arizer, quick response time but i can't get any answers, Just copy/pasted info on how to fix issues that doesn't pertain to my issue

shredsnowvapeherb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I suggest you follow up with Arizer with more specifics on your situation. It sounds like maybe you have emailed them once and gotten one response. If I am right, I think emailing them again claiming the first response didn't work would get you to a more personal level.

stickstones,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
You could also quickly take the stainless shroud off and look at the inner workings for some kind of air restriction. The rubber feet on the bottom hide the screws you need to remove.

DeepFried,

tyson170

Hey, all. First time poster! I've been lurking around the thread for the last couple of weeks after receiving my own unit. I'm new to vaporizing, having been a smoker for almost a decade now. First I bought a cruddy BC vape from a local shop, and quickly realized I had made a mistake. I went back a couple of weeks later and picked up an Iolite, which I've been extremely pleased with, except for the fact that it doesn't hold up well to frequent use. After an extensive amount of research, I landed upon this little wonder, and since I've gotten it I think I've combusted (herbs, I still smoke deathwraps) twice. And I've got about two ounces of leftovers to cook! This thing is great, and I've had a lot of questions already answered for me in this thread. I started at page 1 and got into the mid twenties, skimmed through the middle, landed somewhere in the low eighties, and now I'm here. A special thanks to stickstones for being helpful from the very start, and for writing the GREAT wikipedia guide. You are a boon to your community!

tyson170,

chickenpotpie

Hey guys I'm in need of some information :). To begin with though, I just started smoking pot recently at the age of 19. I enjoy this inebriation effect much more than alcohol albeit two entirely different kinds of awesomeness. However, I'm kind of a health freak and decided I'm not gonna use pot again until I get a vaporizer. Doing some research I was narrowed down to the SSV and Volcano.. but the SSV is made of aluminum and that's not good I read. The volcano is well.. expensive. But I'm willing to pay extra for health benefits. Anyway, last night I came across the Extreme and it seems like it does the trick. Made totally of high quality glass and ceramics. Does this hold true? Or just a gimmick to sell the product on websites? Getting high is getting high right? So I'm not concerned about THC extraction as I'll just put more in if i have to haha. Either way I'm very curious to know which vaporizer definitely has the best health benefits hands down regardless of cost.

Thank you! =]

chickenpotpie,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
chickenpotpie said:
Hey guys I'm in need of some information :). To begin with though, I just started smoking pot recently at the age of 19. I enjoy this inebriation effect much more than alcohol albeit two entirely different kinds of awesomeness. However, I'm kind of a health freak and decided I'm not gonna use pot again until I get a vaporizer. Doing some research I was narrowed down to the SSV and Volcano.. but the SSV is made of aluminum and that's not good I read. The volcano is well.. expensive. But I'm willing to pay extra for health benefits. Anyway, last night I came across the Extreme and it seems like it does the trick. Made totally of high quality glass and ceramics. Does this hold true? Or just a gimmick to sell the product on websites? Getting high is getting high right? So I'm not concerned about THC extraction as I'll just put more in if i have to haha. Either way I'm very curious to know which vaporizer definitely has the best health benefits hands down regardless of cost.

Thank you! =]
Hey, welcome to the world of cannabis, and more specifically vaping. Yes you are right that the E is made of the highest quality parts, but to say it has the best health benifits hands down is a pretty bold statement. The short answer really is that there is no "best" vape in any aspect. However any decent vape has a great deal of health benifits over smoking, and being a health conscious person much like you, im sure you once u experience a good vape, you will never even want to combust again. And if you are worried about still getting the same high with the E, i wouldnt be too concerned with that hahaha. Especially as you are new to getting high, im sure a good elbow pack in the E will flip your wig. Anyways, in answer to your questions, nobody on here can answer what is the best vape, as there really isnt one, however I can highly recomend the E to you or anyone. It was my first vape and I love it, it truly changed my life. If u use the discounts on this site, u can get one for around $250 depending on where u live (compared to say $800 for the volcano). So it has pretty good bang for its buck, as u can blow vapour bags, or use the whip (Volcano only does bags, SSV only has a whip). Also, the E is incapable of combusting your herbs, so u really cant "mess up" the vaping process, which is great for a first timer. I vouch for the E and arizer, and am quite confident you would not be dissapointed if you decide to purchase this vape. Cheers.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Cool Chicky

I Took The Red Pill
The fan on my V3 has stopped working. The LED indicates the fan is working at speeds 1, 2 and 3, however, no fan. Any quick fixes before I RMA it.

Thanks!

Cool Chicky,

ZigZag

hey does anyone know if arizer tests to see if ANY toxins are given off from the E or E-Q ?
i personally have the E-Q and iv noticed that i get a little bit of a headache after iv used my vape for more than about half an hour or so, haha this could be the killer chronic i get but its just something i thought about.

i know vapor bros does this with there product and its cheaper

ZigZag,

gim

Chickenpotpie- you can get the Q shipped for 195 off ebay, new in box.

gim,

dudu0069

arizer has the Q on blowout on ebay for $150 shipped i already have the extreme v3 that came out right before and plan to sell it and upgrade to the Q while it is on this crazy sale. so check it out if anyone is needing an extreme and you can have it straight from the manufacturer on ebay

dudu0069,

MariAndJuana

Hi. I've been recently trying to work the v3 version of the Extreme Q Vaporizer. I have tried many settings (200-220) but haven't been getting as nicely baked as I was on the bong. Is there any ways that I can try on the Extreme Q that can make me feel around the same way as the bong? I'm smoking high grade buds and some kush if it matters. Heres the setting I tried: 10 minutes heating at 220C. 10 minutes after put green in and warm up for another 10 minutes. Fill bag up at 1 or 2 fan settings. Not feeling the same way. Can anyone give me better instructions? I'm new to vaping and want to quit smoking as much as possible and move to vaping. Also if possible I have a 7mm Gear Bong if makes any difference. I see people connecting vape to bong. Thanks in advance! Any help would be appreciated.

MariAndJuana,

chickenpotpie

Mr. Smoke No More said:
chickenpotpie said:

Thank you! =]
Hey, welcome to the world of cannabis, and more specifically vaping. Yes you are right that the E is made of the highest quality parts, but to say it has the best health benifits hands down is a pretty bold statement. The short answer really is that there is no "best" vape in any aspect. However any decent vape has a great deal of health benifits over smoking, and being a health conscious person much like you, im sure you once u experience a good vape, you will never even want to combust again. And if you are worried about still getting the same high with the E, i wouldnt be too concerned with that hahaha. Especially as you are new to getting high, im sure a good elbow pack in the E will flip your wig. Anyways, in answer to your questions, nobody on here can answer what is the best vape, as there really isnt one, however I can highly recomend the E to you or anyone. It was my first vape and I love it, it truly changed my life. If u use the discounts on this site, u can get one for around $250 depending on where u live (compared to say $800 for the volcano). So it has pretty good bang for its buck, as u can blow vapour bags, or use the whip (Volcano only does bags, SSV only has a whip). Also, the E is incapable of combusting your herbs, so u really cant "mess up" the vaping process, which is great for a first timer. I vouch for the E and arizer, and am quite confident you would not be dissapointed if you decide to purchase this vape. Cheers.
Thanks for the info!!! Well now that I have the money it appears that a Extreme-Q is out. Is this better than the V-Tower Extreme?? I ask, if better, because they're from the same mold. Thanks!!!

chickenpotpie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom