Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Cookie...you'll have to find out when and how it is shipped. If UPS, then it should arrive in 1 to 2 days after shipping.

buddhaholic...I thought the same thing as CD when you posted that. Do you own an SSV? Not a lot of people here own both the SSV and E, and fewer still have tried the screen packing tip with the E. If you own both you could do everyone a great service and do a serious comparison!

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
cookie said:
O you don't have to worry about that :lol: I know I'll use it enough to figure it out. Do you have an Illy? I have a rasta 3 foot illy I can't wait to use it with the vape. I had a SSV but my friend took it back so I thought that I would upgrade...
yea i have a sexy pink illy shorty with a carbon filter. i even have the illadelph vaporizer piece which worked well but i just needed constant vapor without having to heat a glass wand over the stove. i cant wait to try my illy with a VHW.

on another note. elbow packs are super vicious.:ko:

illadelph,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
stickstones said:
Cookie...you'll have to find out when and how it is shipped. If UPS, then it should arrive in 1 to 2 days after shipping.

buddhaholic...I thought the same thing as CD when you posted that. Do you own an SSV? Not a lot of people here own both the SSV and E, and fewer still have tried the screen packing tip with the E. If you own both you could do everyone a great service and do a serious comparison!
I actually do not own both, but I have another friend nearby that owns one and to be honest it's pretty on par with the ssv, but the SSV does get higher temps. I don't care though because even putting mine in the elbow like that gets huge plumes and can even scorch my stuff which I don't like personally. The SSV also has a much bigger bowl to work with. The little screen does back a lot, but the SSV can do much more. For efficiency sake I think the E is better. It's to the users preference though. My friend loves his SSV and would not give it up for the world, but he does love how I can do bags :brow:

buddhaholic420,

marcuss

above the clouds
Sticks...do you know that i own both?
i tried today with the bag and was a milky one!
Tonight i'll try the whip mode for the real clash!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great marcuss! I'm mostly interested in how the packed screen used with a whip compares to the SSV...you would be the perfect guinea pig for this! Thanks, and any milk shots you could produce or vapor vids would help, as well.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I did a quick bowl size comparison today. None of them registered on my scale, which is graduated at 0.1g, so I had no hope of registering bowls this small. The PD was the smallest, with the E screen packing method coming in at about 1.5 times the PD bowl. The E cyclone bowl was the largest, looking to be about twice what the E screen packing was.

Here's a pic:

stickstones,

Wishd

hey guys, I got my extreme and have been 'extremely' happy with the purchase. Thank you to all Fck Combustion Contributors for helping me come to a decision.

Couple of questions:
I have the gen 3 model (260C max), and have been generally vaping my herb at the 250C-260C range. Being a longtime bong user, I prefer the thick vapor hits this temp produces. I prefer 2-3 big lung busting hits over 9-10 smooth draws. My question is if this is too high. Am I releasing unsafe carcinogens by vaping my herb at this temp (tar for example). Note: no combustion has taken place after a couple weeks of use.

Second question is regarding upkeep of the unit. I've been using my extreme for a couple of weeks and my whip elbow piece of already opaque brown at the turn. There's also a brownish orangish stream going up the tube a short bit. I assume this is just residual THC that has collected- but it's soiling the smell and taste that my whip produces. How do I get rid of this stuff? Any of the extreme owners mind going over the your upkeep routines? Ie. how/how often to wash it, both whip, bag, and inside of unit.

Thanks in advance~
-Wishd~

Wishd,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sure experienced Extreme owners can offer more detail, but here's my :2c:
Am I releasing unsafe carcinogens by vaping my herb at this temp?
You're not really using 250-260 C. That would be above combustion. Have you read this?- http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

As for toxins with increased temp, here's the study related to that- http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html And if the vapor you like is at higher temps, it's still much better than smoking.

Clean the glass as often as you like. Alcohol is best. You don't clean the unit below the bowl-there's really no need. And you really can't clean the bag. At some point-your preference-you just make a new one.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
max said:
And you really can't clean the bag.
I beg to differ Max. I have taken apart my two used bags that came with my extreme, used good ol soap and water, let it dry out, and put it back together. No more stickyness to the bag and it. The only downside was that it smelled a little like the soap I used, but it was a very nice smell and actually added to the high with the nice smell. I would rather get some non scented soap next time. To be honest though a new bag would be much more ideal.

buddhaholic420,

max

Out to lunch
I had a feeling someone would call me on bag cleaning. :lol: If you can't find bags at a decent price (I don't count Reynolds bags- I hate 'em), I guess cleaning may be worth it. I bought a big supply at $4/box a couple of years ago and don't know if I'll ever use 'em up, since I don't do bags much anymore. The 4 box auctions on eBay are still the best deal, even though the price has gone up a bit.

max,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Wishd said:
Couple of questions:
I have the gen 3 model (260C max), and have been generally vaping my herb at the 250C-260C range. Being a longtime bong user, I prefer the thick vapor hits this temp produces. I prefer 2-3 big lung busting hits over 9-10 smooth draws. My question is if this is too high. Am I releasing unsafe carcinogens by vaping my herb at this temp (tar for example). Note: no combustion has taken place after a couple weeks of use.
Thanks in advance~
-Wishd~
To me there does not seem to be any advantage to vaping at such a high temp except for the visuals you get with the thicker clouds. The boiling points of Benzene and Toluene are 80.1 deg C and 110.6 deg C respectively so you will be getting those at any vaping temp. http://www.petroleumbazaar.com/Benzene/benzappli.htm

Below are some of the more common Cannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Wishd...you're fine with any high temp on the E. I have the third gen as well, and I almost always start at about 230 and end up near 245 by the end of the bowl. I started out the other night at 190, just for kicks. I kept kicking it up until I got to about 215 before I got anything I liked.

The E will not combust your herb unless you have a defective unit. A lot of people like to use their E's at lower temps, but try as I may, it just doesn't work for me. It's a personal thing, and I prefer the thicker vapor of the higher temps for now. I had a first gen unit for a long time, and it maxed out at what is the equivalent of 250 on the 3rd gen units so, out of habit, I have not yet gone up to 260.

stickstones,

Wishd

ty for the replys + links. Guess I'll clean my whip pretty soon and keep my eye out for well priced bags.

@scientist- thanks for the info. I've deffinitely heard that there really isn't any advantage to pumping the extreme temp that high interms of temp required to release the THC, i dunno I just find myself dissatisfied with anything less than 250, perhaps it's a mental issue I need to conquer :p. I'll give 220 another honest try tonight~.

Wishd,

bsandhu

stickstones said:
Wishd...you're fine with any high temp on the E. I have the third gen as well, and I almost always start at about 230 and end up near 245 by the end of the bowl. I started out the other night at 190, just for kicks. I kept kicking it up until I got to about 215 before I got anything I liked.

The E will not combust your herb unless you have a defective unit. A lot of people like to use their E's at lower temps, but try as I may, it just doesn't work for me. It's a personal thing, and I prefer the thicker vapor of the higher temps for now. I had a first gen unit for a long time, and it maxed out at what is the equivalent of 250 on the 3rd gen units so, out of habit, I have not yet gone up to 260.
i get cloudy bags at 220.

i mean like milky bags

could be the herbs put in?

bsandhu,

TheTree

I'm on 195 now with my 3rd gen. Using that elbow joint packing method it is so thick it has been choking me.

TheTree,

joesalamon

I have been playing with my extreme a bunch still cant figure out what I like best. I can get like 5 bags at 190-195 with a decent cloudy look. If I bump it up to 220 and start there I can get about 3, one thick milky bag, one decent one, and then one thats faint.

When I pack the elbow joint with the whip, I almost always choke from too big of a hit. Sometimes my remote sticks when im pressing the fan buttons and im sitting there taking a huge hit...more then i want... and the damn thing wont shut off. Sometimes takes me about 20 presses and my lungs are ready to burst! But the elbow joint I like packing about .1g in to and if I start it lower around 200 and work my way up I can get a ton of hits.

Thing is thought I really dont feel the high too much. Well I do, I just still dont feel it as hard on as combustion. I dunno what I am doing wrong, I know its not the herb that I am using, and I have tried pretty much every temp. I even smoked and smoked and smoked and just feel like it doesnt get me much anywhere. Well somewhere, just not as much as I would like, haha.

joesalamon,

TheTree

Hey Joe,

Have you tried the elbow packing method without the fan on? Just draw on it nice and slowly for say 8-10 seconds then stop, look through the elbow joint and you should see how thick the vapor is in there, adjust how quickly you are drawing and hit it again, have another look through the glass, repeat, repeat etc until you are satisfied. I hope that made sense. This is what I have been doing lately in any case and it works very well for me. If you can take the massive hit but stop short of choking/coughing and hold it in for 15-20 seconds it should do you some good :)

Its been a horrid dry patch in this area for the last 3 weeks, but I managed to get by (which is why I love this elbow packing method SO MUCH!) I barely noticed cutting back my usage by near 50%.

TheTree,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Joe,

I agree with Tree. My method is almost identical and the elbow packing method seems to make my hits so thick that I need to stop before the material in the elbow is completely spent. I have now even started packing the elbow only about 70% full. You could also try an Extreme-hit (E-hit), that is put a little in the cyclone bowl as well as packing the elbow and draw long and slow without the fan assist and then hold it in for 15-20 seconds. Also when you exhale slowly try the rebreathing technique where you exhale about 75% of the vapor and then quickly suck back in the remaining 25% for another 10-15 seconds.

DeepFried,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom