Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesalamon

Well I finally got my extreme! It was extreme getting it haha.

I waited patiently all weekend and finally it arrived and I set everything up as soon as I could. The temp controller on the remote didnt seem to work to me. If I clicked up or down on the remote it would just change the display from C to F. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. The temps also seem to hover between 6 degrees +/- 3 of what I have it set at, is this also normal?

Packed a bowl put the bag on and let the fan go at 1. I got a great bowl out of it, but not as milky of a white as I remember from using a volcano? Still cloudy though, can see through but not much. Am I going to be able to get bags as white as that? Haha I am just ranting on about my great new toy and I only tried a couple bags but they were great. After the first one it just tastes like popcorn. Still enjoyed it a bunch cant wait to abuse it some more.

Oh has anyone come up with a method to make the bag sorta like the volcanos with the nipple on the end?

joesalamon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the temp fluctuations are due to the unit keeping itself at the desired temp. it cools down and overcompensates, and so on and so on.

stickstones,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stickstones said:
Great tip here from Steve at Arizer. Here's what he wrote:

I understand some people like thicker/more concentrated hits, something that can be achieved by 'packing the bowl'. The younger crowd and bong users often like a thicker/more concentrated (and smokey) hit.

That can be easily achieved with the Extreme and V-Tower, it's probably something I should of mentioned before, because the method I'm about to describe is very popular in some circles and extremely popular with those who collect 'pollen' in their (Wicca) Kif Box.

Instead of filling the bowl as you normally would, leave it empty, turn the heat up a few degrees higher than normal, finely grind your herbs, (or use 'pollen powder' from a kif box) and then fill/pack the (dome shaped) screen that sits in the elbow shaped glass piece. You'll be surprised how much you can pack in there, now set the elbow on the bowl as you normally would, let it 'sit and percolate' a few minutes and inhale, that will give you a VERY thick, concentrated, monster size hit . If you're using Pollen from a Wicca Box you're getting a super tasty, super concentrated amount of the finest part of the plant so you can imagine the effect! Blowing balloons with the screen packed is my preference, as the concentrated/thick vapor can be harsh; the balloon helps greatly with that giving the air time to cool.
This method turns the Extreme into a super efficient, temp. adjustable, balloon blowin PD. I first discovered it by accident when I pulled a little too hard and sucked the herb into the elbow screen where it stayed until I gently tapped it out. I noticed a stronger effect using less herb than my previous method of filling the cyclone bowl 1/3 to the black coating and have been using this elbow packing method exclusively since. I also leave the screen in the cyclone bowl to catch any herb that might fall out of the elbow screen. There is a little resistance when pulling your draw due to the herb being packed a bit denser than just laying loose in the cyclone bowl. Everyone with an Extreme should give this method a try, remember to boost your temps by 5-10 degrees C. since the packed bowl is now about 1/2 inch further from the heater.

DeepFried,

jx80

he temp controller on the remote didnt seem to work to me. If I clicked up or down on the remote it would just change the display from C to F.
I think you have it set on the setting that allows you to choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit. You can change that directly on the extremes menu by hand,I never got it to work with the remote.

jx80,

TheTree

Thanks very much for posting that tip from Steve, Stickstones. I've been using this method ever since and it works a total treat. Very, very efficient machine now and the hits really fuck me, haha.

TheTree

TheTree,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
hey joe trying blowing bags up on fan 3. they will inflate a lot faster and i have been able to get 4-5 bags off of one bowl. also got like 5 people clouded as fuck. im not personally a big bag guy myself so i don't use it much by myself only with groups that want a show.

illadelph,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Anytime, Tree. That tip is insane. I had been using my E a lot less after getting the PD for efficiency's sake. But now the E is getting much more attention. If what you are looking for is efficiency and thick, cool hits (and who isn't?), this may be the best vape out there! I packed one of the screens half full and started hitting it since 7:30. It's now 9:10, I've hit it three times, and I've been baked the whole time. I'm pretty sure I will get another three hits out of it and be good 'til about 10:30. Someone else will have to do the science and measuring and the math, because I'm too busy having fun with this thing!

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i was curious to read people's experiences with using the E as a water vape tool. if anyone has any comments to share please post them up.

illadelph,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
yo I wont hit the E's whip without a nice glass water pipe to toke it thru....more vapor that way ;)

if no bong...ill hit the bag

more vapor heat control when u using a bong....if u can see vapor flow at least

:2c:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

joesalamon

stickstones said:
Anytime, Tree. That tip is insane. I had been using my E a lot less after getting the PD for efficiency's sake. But now the E is getting much more attention. If what you are looking for is efficiency and thick, cool hits (and who isn't?), this may be the best vape out there! I packed one of the screens half full and started hitting it since 7:30. It's now 9:10, I've hit it three times, and I've been baked the whole time. I'm pretty sure I will get another three hits out of it and be good 'til about 10:30. Someone else will have to do the science and measuring and the math, because I'm too busy having fun with this thing!
What temps do you run it at when you are packing the screen? The first day I had my E I went through a good 2g I think. I didnt feel too messed up from it either.

I am kind of confused on how to use the whip exactly. I feel like I dont know if I am getting good hits or not or if the temps I am running it at are correct. I do have very high quality buds too. Should I be starting at temps at 190 and working my way up or what? Can I leave my E on while the whip is attached and just take 1 or 2 hits and leave it be for a while, come back and take another hit? Hahah I have so many questions, sorry. Last question for now, about how many hits should I get per bowl that I pack with the whip? I do a good size pinch about .2-.3 when i load it.

joesalamon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
possibly too much moisture in the ground bud your loading...give it a chance to dry out till nice n' crumbly. also make sure your watching the herb in the chamber while your hitting it. you want it to 'float' in the air...not herb flying to the outside walls and the elbow screen because you were hitting too hard....practice practice practice is all I can say

:2c:

Hennessy1414,

joesalamon

Oooh I hate it when its bone dry like that... Absolutely hate it. Well I guess I will let my shit sit out for a bit and see how it takes to that. I try and hit the whip nice and slow, just a steady constant breath.

What temp do you run yours at for bag and whip Hennessy? Do you increment it at all while your doing either?

joesalamon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
ya man it sounds to me your not 100% on the right technique yet...I hated the thought of bone dry ground bud before I got a vape like you. until I saw the clouds dry herb gave me...i never turned back. hit it mildly with the whip with no fan on 205C(i have the 2G unit) then increase the fan to speed 1....slowly to speed two then a nice constant draw. work with what you like....just dont let the herb spray everywhere all around the bowl...your looking to slowly heat the herb so you can get the most even heat distribution as possible. play with it man...you WILL learn :) moist herb is tasty in the E bowl...but trust me on this dry=clouds :ko:

Hennessy1414,

cookie

I just ordered my Extreme yall are the reason why I bought this model! I can not wait 7-10 business days. Is it really going to take that long to get here?

cookie,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
cookie said:
I just ordered my Extreme yall are the reason why I bought this model! I can not wait 7-10 business days. Is it really going to take that long to get here?
Where are you at?

buddhaholic420,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
it well worth the wait. just make sure that when you get it(if it doesnt give you clouds like you want) its all about the way you are using it. just in the short month or so i have had mine, i have gone through pretty much all the techniques posted on this thread. some work better than others but im sure you will have sick clouds in no time. please report back to tell us your experience.

illadelph,

cookie

O you don't have to worry about that :lol: I know I'll use it enough to figure it out. Do you have an Illy? I have a rasta 3 foot illy I can't wait to use it with the vape. I had a SSV but my friend took it back so I thought that I would upgrade...

cookie,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
cookie said:
O you don't have to worry about that :lol: I know I'll use it enough to figure it out. Do you have an Illy? I have a rasta 3 foot illy I can't wait to use it with the vape. I had a SSV but my friend took it back so I thought that I would upgrade...
If you pack it in the screen of the elbow and whip it, it hits just as good as an SSV. Thick hits of vapor. Very nice.

buddhaholic420,

cookie

ok I got mine from vaporoutlet and they are located in fla so I don't really think that it would take that long. what do you think?

cookie,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
buddhaholic420 said:
cookie said:
If you pack it in the screen of the elbow and whip it, it hits just as good as an SSV. Thick hits of vapor. Very nice.
do you own both ?

Clear_Dome,

cookie

No it's this girl that I know I was babysitting it she was out of the country. I'm upset it's gone now tho because I haven't vaped in like a week. Smoking seems like it doesn't even really do anything for me anymore. It's not even enjoyable. I need some vapor in my lungs haha

cookie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom