The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
just bought this guy on ebay... i received it without a screen in the elbow adapter so i can't elbow-pack just yet. but sheesh this thing doesn't draw with my herb double-grinded up filled to the black marker. 210 c 230 c 240c .. got better results with the fan on the 1"setting" as i drawed from the wand. did all of the vapor come out of the thing when i was warming up? haha i warmed up for about 10 minutes. but i'm assuming elbow packing is the ONLY way. cause i spent a good half hour with this guy and didn't get much out of it. should i be judging by the amount of vapor i'm exhaling? it seems i get much better hits out of my pax by ploom

So you are using the Cyclone bowl I presume. What are you using in place of the elbow screen?

oldiebutgoodie,

andrewb123

So you are using the Cyclone bowl I presume. What are you using in place of the elbow screen?
correct. i actually had a friend over last night who owns the same vap that thinks i might have been packing the cylcone bowl too tight or too much. i'm not using a screen in the elbow right now. perhaps i was foolish posting here before spending more time with the vaporizer so i apologize. but i thought perhaps maybe someone could throw a suggestion out of a mistake a beginner may be making.

andrewb123,

oldiebutgoodie

correct. i actually had a friend over last night who owns the same vap that thinks i might have been packing the cylcone bowl too tight or too much. i'm not using a screen in the elbow right now. perhaps i was foolish posting here before spending more time with the vaporizer so i apologize. but i thought perhaps maybe someone could throw a suggestion out of a mistake a beginner may be making.

No need to apologize. :)

Without a screen in the elbow, doesn't the material in the Cyclone bowl get pulled up through the glass elbow and into the whip (or short whip to the bag)?

The elbow screen is important, besides for keeping the herb in the bowl. It creates back-pressure into the bowl; that air movement causes turbulence - the "Cyclone" effect - for better extraction. And, as your friend suggested, the Cyclone should be loosely filled approx 1/3-1/2 way. During the session, lift the elbow once or twice and use the glass stick to gently stir the herb.

The elbow screens are easy to find. You'll want at least a couple. Check Amazon. (Or maybe the eBay seller?)

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Maine420

andrewb123

only a bit seems to carry into the whip (and into my mouth. ick) but not much. the back-pressure comment seems to be what could be doing it wrong for me. i have a pack coming in the mail from arizer so i will keep you updated.

andrewb123,

oldiebutgoodie

only a bit seems to carry into the whip (and into my mouth. ick) but not much. the back-pressure comment seems to be what could be doing it wrong for me. i have a pack coming in the mail from arizer so i will keep you updated.

I should have mentioned . . . when you stir, also clear out any herb sucked into the elbow screen. I prefer a slow steady draw to avoid this, sharp or hard pulls usually clog the screen. Also, the general consensus here is that when just starting out it's best to work with the stock Cyclone setup to really understand the nuances of the machine, before jumping to the elbow-pack. The next step up from that IMO is the "DDave mod", discussed extensively here the last couple of months or so. Have fun experimenting.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

andrewb123

We're definitely in business. The elbow screen made all of the difference, probably the last thing i would have thought- but i'm glad nothing is wrong with the thing. thanks for all of your help! one of my favorite things about this vaporizer is it's almost odorless. other people in the room can't smell a thing which is nice. i'll do some reading on the DDave mod in the upcoming weeks :)

oldiebutgoodie

We're definitely in business. The elbow screen made all of the difference, probably the last thing i would have thought- but i'm glad nothing is wrong with the thing. thanks for all of your help! one of my favorite things about this vaporizer is it's almost odorless. other people in the room can't smell a thing which is nice. i'll do some reading on the DDave mod in the upcoming weeks :)

That's terrific. As new questions arise, don't hesitate to ask. And pls update us on your results.

I offer this suggestion to anyone new to the Q: Read thru this entire thread. That's a PITA of course, took me about 2 months to wade through it all. But there is so much valuable info here, in the long run it saves time, eliminates frustration, and improves effectiveness of use. The consensus is that it's worth the investment of time. :2c:

Enjoy. :rockon:

Last edited:

ChiRasta

Hello!

First I want to thank everyone who posts helpful information in this thread. I read many many pages before ordering my vape and then some more while waiting for its arrival. I was able to use it with success the first time which is definitely very nice. It's been about 3 weeks and after some experience I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- How often do you replace screens for the cyclone and elbow? How many iso cleanings can I get away with (and how often to clean) before replacement?
- When I'm done vaping an elbow pack and want to just chill for lets say 15 - 20 minutes, is it alright to turn it off completely or is there a temp that it is fine to leave it at? I do dump the leftover into the cyclone.
- I am getting some brownish buildup in the "globe" of the elbow. Nothing in the hose yet. I read that this stuff is actually vapable - how do you go about getting it out?
- I have been saving the toasted leftovers (forgot the slang). How much do you need to make something edible? If there is a "how-to" I would love and appreciate a link.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I use this amazing device more. This has been such a great investment. I had a nagging and uncomfortakle cough for the past year and feel so much better already:tup:. I hope this vape is as rock solid as I've read people post and that I enjoy it for years to come. Now all I need is my state to get with the times and pass some legislation :cool:

Thanks!~

ChiRasta,
Reactions: Maine420

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hello!

First I want to thank everyone who posts helpful information in this thread. I read many many pages before ordering my vape and then some more while waiting for its arrival. I was able to use it with success the first time which is definitely very nice. It's been about 3 weeks and after some experience I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

- How often do you replace screens for the cyclone and elbow? How many iso cleanings can I get away with (and how often to clean) before replacement?
- When I'm done vaping an elbow pack and want to just chill for lets say 15 - 20 minutes, is it alright to turn it off completely or is there a temp that it is fine to leave it at? I do dump the leftover into the cyclone.
- I am getting some brownish buildup in the "globe" of the elbow. Nothing in the hose yet. I read that this stuff is actually vapable - how do you go about getting it out?
- I have been saving the toasted leftovers (forgot the slang). How much do you need to make something edible? If there is a "how-to" I would love and appreciate a link.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I use this amazing device more. This has been such a great investment. I had a nagging and uncomfortakle cough for the past year and feel so much better already. I hope this vape is as rock solid as I've read people post and that I enjoy it for years to come. Now all I need is my state to get with the times and pass some legislation

Thanks!~
Hello and Welcome ChiRasta!

Glad to hear your machine is performing nicely!

To answer (answers reflect my personal experience or IMHO):

Replacing Screens: I have yet to replace either screen. In a vape, there's very little abuse to the screen when compared to being hit with direct flame and much higher heat of combustion.
Cleaning Screens: This gets done once a week, if not more. You'll be able to tell when your screens need cleaning, as it will be tougher to draw from the whip when the screens are in need of cleaning. How many times can you ISO the screens? Not sure there is a limit to the amount of times the screens can be cleaned. I see no damage or wear from the overnight ISO soaks I've been doing at least weekly.
Reclaiming Residue: How to reclaim? Heating slightly will cause the buildup to liquify slightly. There's also ISO reclaim (but read up on this one and proceed with caution, as it's not without risk if the ISO is not completely purged).
Leftovers (ABV): Look into Firecrackers. Simple, quick, and they work. There are many variations on the recipe to create these.

Have fun experimenting! Vape On!

oldiebutgoodie

. . .

Welcome to FC!

No need to replace screens unless damaged.

Unless you grind too fine, the Cyclone screen needs cleaning very infrequently. The elbow screen's pores will get clogged, how often is a function of frequency of use and technique used. To clean I use a small corked lab flask filled with ISO. When the screen is dirty I just drop it in the flask and let it soak. When I get down to my last screen (I have eight; the extras save time with this method), I empty the flask thru a coffee filter into a jar (or carefully pore out most w/o a filter, leaving the debris at the bottom), remove the screens to wash in hot soapy water, rinse well, let air dry. Re-use the ISO. Since a screen will last for several sessions (or more) w/o needing cleaning, I only have to cycle this routine once every few weeks or more.

Many users leave the machine on for hours, even the entire day. For only a short time away, you can certainly leave the machine on although I wouldn't do so for a long time set at above ~200C.

Your ABV edibles question is too broad to answer well. But there are numerous threads here w/how-to's (and discussions on other boards) regarding edibles. I suggest you peruse those for something that interests you, since there are so many options. Personally, I hate firecrackers. Cannabutter is a good alternative as it can be used in baking and cooking. Another option (not really an edible) is to do an alcohol extraction (using Everclear, not ISO!) which is then evaporated off to leave a resin wax that can be subsequently re-vaped. Some folks purposely don't vape all the actives out so that there is decent potency remaining for their edibles; conversely there are those (like me) whose ABV is not worth more than a reclaim (if that) because it is so thoroughly vaped.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Speaking of cleaning, I also keep a can of compressed air on hand to blow out debris from the heater area that falls through the Cyclone screen.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Nesta
Got a custom Frit Tube coming from Glassblowers Direct to mount on top the EQ. Gonna be so awesome with the DDave adapter, still taking it to the EXTREME:rockon:.......
until my EVOlution at the New Year! :shrug:

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You mean a fritted HT with male joint on the bottom? I think that a tube like this plus some ELBs (put into the HT) could make an ultimate EQ setup!

Seek,
You mean a fritted HT with male joint on the bottom? I think that a tube like this plus some ELBs (put into the HT) could make an ultimate EQ setup!
Actually its a female. If you go on their website (Glassblowers Direct) its the fritted tube for $150 that detaches from the base, but I'm having the length of the tube shortened to decrease the volume and also make a little more practical for this setup. I'm using a 18mm male to 18mm male adapter with the DDave adpter

Cannabis Connoisseur,

SavageCore

Actually its a female. If you go on their website (Glassblowers Direct) its the fritted tube for $150 that detaches from the base, but I'm having the length of the tube shortened to decrease the volume and also make a little more practical for this setup. I'm using a 18mm male to 18mm male adapter with the DDave adpter

Awesome! Make sure you post pictures please.

SavageCore,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Who said that only the sub can collect "sublimate"?
I think you can collect clean honey with any vape if you catch it right and let it build up.
Yes, some particles made it in, but overall its the nicest pool of condensed vapor I'Ve seen so far in real life:
2url578.jpg

10zqxro.jpg

Few weeks ago:
10fxpv7.jpg

ChiRasta

Thanks for the replies!!

I usually vape daily and def need to start cleaning my screens more often. Mostly the elbow it seems. How do you get that thing out though?! I tried with tweezers but it was in there pretty tight and I couldn't take a hold. Was afraid of messing something up so didn't use too much force.

ChiRasta,
Thanks for the replies!!

I usually vape daily and def need to start cleaning my screens more often. Mostly the elbow it seems. How do you get that thing out though?! I tried with tweezers but it was in there pretty tight and I couldn't take a hold. Was afraid of messing something up so didn't use too much force.
Try leaving it in the cyclone bowl and letting it get some heat to it and then try it while its hot

Cannabis Connoisseur,

gadabout

been looking into a new vape and the q is one of the ones im looking at! this thread has gotten quite big..and i hear alot of ppl saying the elbows on the whip are a bit fragile..so i was curious as to is an elbow from say a ssv will fit into the cyclone? just a more durable elbow for the whip..

been looking into a new vape and the q is one of the ones im looking at! this thread has gotten quite big..and i hear alot of ppl saying the elbows on the whip are a bit fragile..so i was curious as to is an elbow from say a ssv will fit into the cyclone? just a more durable elbow for the whip..
Lots of mods on here the SSv whip is a definite mod!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

gadabout

so everything will fit the cyclone? if i decide the q i want to get a better whip and elbow!

gadabout,
Top Bottom