The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Lots of mods on here the SSv whip is a definite mod!
Hey Cannabis Connoisseur! X2 (SSV Whip really made the difference for me!) :tup:

so everything will fit the cyclone? if i decide the q i want to get a better whip and elbow!
Hi gadabout,
The EQ is really an amazing machine! Please see this previous entry for information on mods that really help the machine perform. While everything fits the cyclone bowl, the main mod is a 18mm F/F adapter, nicknamed the "DDave Adapter" in this thread, which replaces the cyclone bowl. This single component has resulted in the most positive results/feedback of the mods I've listed.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-256#post-498480
Hope you find these useful and if you have questions (or ideas) please feel free to ask/share!

Ddave????? this is your QUE!!!!
LoL Cannabis Connoisseur, I really need to quit my day job! hahaha!

As this is probably the only oil I could get my hands on for a looooong time, I will save it for the EVO arrival, I've heard that thing can do concentrates like a Cloud!
Hey Seek & All, Am working on a setup for concentrates in the EQ. Have a question for everyone though. In a setup for the EQ for processing concentrates, are we looking for Dab-like performance - where a single draw would vaporize the entire dab.... or are we looking for longer, multiple-draw sessions to process the entire dab?

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't know if EQ is well suited for that, but I wanted to try dab with it, I would do it the same way as its done with EVO now.
Put a drop on the center of an ELB, set to 260, put the ELB in the elbow and vape.

I think 260 would be too low to dab it in one hit.
It will vape herbs in one hit at this temp, but concentrates need even more power to get dabbed.
And EQ can't go any higher. 260 seems high, but the elbow is so far from the heater its more like 210 in reality.
So maybe the ELB is good in EQ only for herbs. Mixing the oil in herbs works, it's just not a dab.

Seek,
Reactions: wisherly

gadabout

thanks bud! like i said..im kinda leaning towards the q..it seems "fun" and ya can switch it up. i have been a smoker 25 yrs and switched to vaporizing like 2 yrs ago. havent combusted since. have a small mflb..but want something that will be good for home only and want it to perform well. i dont wanna get it and be like "i should have got this instead" so tryin to research what i can and hopefully make the best decision. i am a fan of larger pulls..i like to feel ive vaped something! i will keep reading and try to get a list of all i will need to mod the q and get it to deliver to its best possible!!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I don't know if EQ is well suited for that, but I wanted to try dab with it, I would do it the same way as its done with EVO now.
Put a drop on the center of an ELB, set to 260, put the ELB in the elbow and vape.

I think 260 would be too low to dab it in one hit.
It will vape herbs in one hit at this temp, but concentrates need even more power to get dabbed.
And EQ can't go any higher. 260 seems high, but the elbow is so far from the heater its more like 210 in reality.
So maybe the ELB is good in EQ only for herbs. Mixing the oil in herbs works, it's just not a dab.
Hey Seek, thanks for the info!
From other responses I've received off-thread, seems the single hit dab is most desired. So, am going to try to make it a reality.
Would also like the solution to end up being an overall concentrate solution, and not just work with one type of concentrate.
Will post any success stories.

thanks bud! like i said..im kinda leaning towards the q..it seems "fun" and ya can switch it up. i have been a smoker 25 yrs and switched to vaporizing like 2 yrs ago. havent combusted since. have a small mflb..but want something that will be good for home only and want it to perform well. i dont wanna get it and be like "i should have got this instead" so tryin to research what i can and hopefully make the best decision. i am a fan of larger pulls..i like to feel ive vaped something! i will keep reading and try to get a list of all i will need to mod the q and get it to deliver to its best possible!!
gadabout, no problem. Glad to help out! Like you, I spent time researching bunches of Vaporizers before deciding to go with Arizer's. Stock, I thought it was a very user-friendly device and a decent performer. Once Modded, turned out to be a really great performer!
Vape On!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So I'Ve tried some of this oil just like described and it was just like expected. I wish I could se it a bit higher for this. I could finish in one hit only small drops. When I took a big drop it was still milking at the end of the pull. And I took a looong draw.

Seek,

highervibration

A friend has been using an Extrem - Q on and off for the past 2 years.

Reading through this thread and seeing online that the arizer is a great performer and many people are more than happy with their units. My friend has one an other friends who have used it, Majority dont find it a very nice hitting vape for some reason possibly the way it is being used. I would say this model is an Extreme -Q 2.0?

For me, I find the bags very light and airy doeskin really hold enough vapor for me more air- vapor ratio I find. Whips are decent, but not every whip hits right for me. I can be hitting the whip and maybe every 3rd or 4th hit is desired. I can see nice vapor clouds being exhaled. We basically all find it very "airy" and inconsistent. But when we do get desired hits form it we are very very high.

I figured it has to be something were doing because you guys love your Q and it would be nice if they loved it too. It seems to be just gathering dust as of recently so I thought before it is lost forever below a pile of dust. I should come and ask the pros.

Can you guys give any tips on what works for you ? I can imagine people use this thing in all sorts of different ways and on different setting.

What are your optimal settings? I saw the mod in this thread will that make a difference? Do bags work for you, Bags or whips?

I haven't used this vape for a few months now. But I am pretty sure I was vaping around 190c on a fan speed of 1 and was finding that was working good for me.

Thanks for any help you can supply :spliff:

highervibration,

gh0st026

No need to post pictures ... you can see the plastic piece in post 4145.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8656/loweredelement.jpg

If you look at the picture where it shows the raised heater cover, you can see a piece of black plastic between the 2 wires and it actually goes up inside the ceramic heater a little bit. You can see it in the picture pretty clearly and if you actually pull that little piece of plastic out, because it's just "clipped" in on both sides, you can see it's a little melted where it connects to the heater.

Also did a search but couldn't find much on this specific issue although some users complain about a plastic smell so this could well be one of the causes ...

I started having issues with my lungs a couple of weeks ago (pain, phlegm etc).and couldn't figure out what the heck was going on... I was Vaping the other day and just happened to put my nose near the heater when I noticed a strange plastic smell coming form the unit. I opened it up and found that piece in the heater element was slightly melted. removed it and now the smell is gone... Now if only I knew how much damage I have done to my poor lungs... I Just wanted to leave this here incase other's are having the same issue!

gh0st026,
Reactions: cosimo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can you guys give any tips on what works for you ? I can imagine people use this thing in all sorts of different ways and on different setting.
I found with the EQ that it gave better, stronger hits after it was primed for a few seconds. The reason being that all the glass has to get up to proper temperature for optimal vaporization to occur. This is especially true for the first hit of a session.

The technique I used was to pull on the whip like I'm lighting a cigar. Puffing quickly but not inhaliing. I did this quickly until the vapor started to appear on exhale, then took a long drag into my chest. If you just start taking a big, long pull and keep hitting until the vapor gets thick, your hit has a lot of useless air mixed in with the vapor in your lungs and diluting it quite a bit. :2c:

:peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So I'Ve tried some of this oil just like described and it was just like expected. I wish I could se it a bit higher for this. I could finish in one hit only small drops. When I took a big drop it was still milking at the end of the pull. And I took a looong draw.
Seek, Thanks! Will be testing the "big drop" quantity against different glass combinations to see if any can process the product in a single draw.

A friend has been using an Extrem - Q on and off for the past 2 years.

Reading through this thread and seeing online that the arizer is a great performer and many people are more than happy with their units. My friend has one an other friends who have used it, Majority dont find it a very nice hitting vape for some reason possibly the way it is being used. I would say this model is an Extreme -Q 2.0?

For me, I find the bags very light and airy doeskin really hold enough vapor for me more air- vapor ratio I find. Whips are decent, but not every whip hits right for me. I can be hitting the whip and maybe every 3rd or 4th hit is desired. I can see nice vapor clouds being exhaled. We basically all find it very "airy" and inconsistent. But when we do get desired hits form it we are very very high.

I figured it has to be something were doing because you guys love your Q and it would be nice if they loved it too. It seems to be just gathering dust as of recently so I thought before it is lost forever below a pile of dust. I should come and ask the pros.

What are your optimal settings? I saw the mod in this thread will that make a difference? Do bags work for you, Bags or whips?

I haven't used this vape for a few months now. But I am pretty sure I was vaping around 190c on a fan speed of 1 and was finding that was working good for me.

Thanks for any help you can supply
Welcome highervibration,
The EQ is really an amazing machine! Please see this previous entry for information on mods that really help the machine perform. While everything fits the cyclone bowl, the main mod is a 18mm F/F adapter, nicknamed the "DDave Adapter" in this thread, which replaces the cyclone bowl. This single component has resulted in the most positive results/feedback of the mods I've listed.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-256#post-498480

Hope you find these useful and if you have questions (or ideas) please feel free to ask/share!

I started having issues with my lungs a couple of weeks ago (pain, phlegm etc).and couldn't figure out what the heck was going on... I was Vaping the other day and just happened to put my nose near the heater when I noticed a strange plastic smell coming form the unit. I opened it up and found that piece in the heater element was slightly melted. removed it and now the smell is gone... Now if only I knew how much damage I have done to my poor lungs... I Just wanted to leave this here incase other's are having the same issue!

gh0st026, To quote my friend oldiebutgoodie, "The plastic part you have read about is probably the mica tab near the base of the heater that a few users found had signs of melting. There was considerable debate on this thread about it. Arizer had little to say except that it is mica and safe. As I recall I found the applicable MSDS on the material, which was consistent with the many uses of mica I saw in manufacturing (I'm an engineer). IMO, while indicative of a potential but apparently rare functional flaw (loss of the tab), I didn't see any cause for safety or health alarm."

(credit to post: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-248#post-461036)

gh0st026

Thanks for the info! Even though it's said to be safe, I'm sure I was probably breathing that crap for weeks and didn't even know it. my lungs are def irritated from something and this is the only thing that would possibly explain the change in my lungs (I haven't been combusting for months and I vape at a relative low temp, keep the vape clean etc)

gh0st026,

Da_Man

Ah thanks oldiebutgoodie! Happy to see the mod spark new or renewed interest in these vaporizers!
I think a fan club can be arranged! One condition, you are the first honorary member! :rockon:

Hey Nesta, glad to hear the F/F has been working out well for you! :tup:
Regarding the screens in the SSV Wand, I used the method Tweak orginally suggested. Using the default screen that comes with the SSV Wand in place, and on the other end using the Arizer elbow screen. Fit like a glove, but if it loosens up a bit, a simple pinch causing the screen portion to widen a bit tightens things up just right.
I can provide pictures later, if you like?

Tweak! Do It! We want you back in the club!!!! :cheers:

Hey DDave I finally received my DDave adapted and silver surfer gong wand. I've been vamping with your setup and like it so far however I was just wondering about the screen. Right now I pack my herb inside the wand and then put the extreme q elbow screen over top to keep it in the wand however I've noticed that the screen doesn't fit snugly into the wind and because of this every time I remove my wand from my EQ the screen falls out which is a problem because my herb can fall out. Is there any way to fix this or should I be using a different screen?

Da_Man,
Reactions: DDave

highervibration

I found with the EQ that it gave better, stronger hits after it was primed for a few seconds. The reason being that all the glass has to get up to proper temperature for optimal vaporization to occur. This is especially true for the first hit of a session.

The technique I used was to pull on the whip like I'm lighting a cigar. Puffing quickly but not inhaliing. I did this quickly until the vapor started to appear on exhale, then took a long drag into my chest. If you just start taking a big, long pull and keep hitting until the vapor gets thick, your hit has a lot of useless air mixed in with the vapor in your lungs and diluting it quite a bit. :2c:

:peace:

Appreciated! I will be sure to give this a try next time I get a chance. I am pretty sure you are right there and we are probably hitting it wrong too. I know some will pick up the whip and start hitting it harder than a bong :uhoh:

While everything fits the cyclone bowl, the main mod is a 18mm F/F adapter, nicknamed the "DDave Adapter" in this thread, which replaces the cyclone bowl. This single component has resulted in the most positive results/feedback of the mods I've listed.

That's awesome lots of info there thanks for your help! Even though it isn't my machine, I am going to grab the extra bits for the mod just so it can really shine :D I'm sure the owner will be happy no doubt.

highervibration,
Reactions: DDave

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Anyone having both the Extreme Q and a Solo;

I just blew out the Solo potpourri bowl with a Dremel Tool and the large end is an exact fit over the SSVwand and the EQ 7/16" silicon hose fit perfect in he other end making a very simple and clean hose connection when using the DDave and SSVwand.

Looks like it was made for it.

RD,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey DDave I finally received my DDave adapted and silver surfer gong wand. I've been vamping with your setup and like it so far however I was just wondering about the screen. Right now I pack my herb inside the wand and then put the extreme q elbow screen over top to keep it in the wand however I've noticed that the screen doesn't fit snugly into the wind and because of this every time I remove my wand from my EQ the screen falls out which is a problem because my herb can fall out. Is there any way to fix this or should I be using a different screen?
Hey Da_Man, glad to hear you like the setup so far. The screen problem you describe is easy to fix. Take the elbow screen, between thumb and pointer finger so that the metal ring is against your thumb and the opposite flat end on your pointer finger. Then squeeze gently, as if trying to flatten the elbow screen (just dont really squeeze that hard) :) After a few tries, you'll find the elbow screen tightens up nicely because you've widened it by squeezing. (If that's not too clear, let me know and I'll find some time to post a pic).
After the screen issue is resolved, you'll be far more satisfied with the ease of use.
That's awesome lots of info there thanks for your help! Even though it isn't my machine, I am going to grab the extra bits for the mod just so it can really shine I'm sure the owner will be happy no doubt.
highervibration, the owner of that vape is very lucky to have a friend such as yourself! Enjoy!
Anyone having both the Extreme Q and a Solo;

I just blew out the Solo potpourri bowl with a Dremel Tool and the large end is an exact fit over the SSVwand and the EQ 7/16" silicon hose fit perfect in he other end making a very simple and clean hose connection when using the DDave and SSVwand.

Looks like it was made for it.
RD, are you saying you're able to use the F/F adapter and SSV Wand with a Solo? (If yes, that's awesome!)

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
RD, are you saying you're able to use the F/F adapter and SSV Wand with a Solo? (If yes, that's awesome!)
Just a spare part they give with the Solo. A mini potpourri bowl, same idea as the one that comes with the EQ. I slip the bowl end over the top of the SSVwand. Just an easy on/off hose connector form a part that wasn't being used.

Just love coming up with new ideas.

RD,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thanks for the info! Even though it's said to be safe, I'm sure I was probably breathing that crap for weeks and didn't even know it. my lungs are def irritated from something and this is the only thing that would possibly explain the change in my lungs (I haven't been combusting for months and I vape at a relative low temp, keep the vape clean etc)

From my research and experience I'd say that it is highly unlikely that it was the tab. Of course anything is possible I suppose, but it's much more likely that your experiencing cumulative effects of the dryness. I have to be careful with this all the time, because it can sneak up on me. And once irritated, it takes a while to recover. Others here have posted in a similar vein. Most of the time I need to use a good glass piece that accommodates ice, and even doing that, I periodically get this irritation and have to take a break.

:2c::myday:

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,

stim

Another lurker/first poster who just got an Extreme Q today.

I've been daily toker for the past 15 years, I'm only now switching-on to vapourizers (why did I wait?). Bought a Vapman and, though it's very nice, it just doesn't cut it for me, even with a lot of practice. I needed temperature control!

After some research - much of it involving this thread - I went for the Arizer. I really wanted the Herborizer, but I have cats so that wouldn't last a day. Second choice was this baby and I'm already extremely pleased with it. Thanks to the generous advice imparted here, I was up-and-running minutes after the box arrived.

I bought a cheapo bong with a 18.8mm chillum-type adaptor and I'm running a shortened whipt into it, using two elbow adaptors. I stuck it on 190celcius, half-filled the cyclone with some reasonable-but-not-spectacular herb, attached elbow and left for 5 minutes. Then hit it. Short while later I'm well baked, but in a happy, chatty way I haven't felt in a long time. My sceptical girlfriend is converted after one hit.

Whilst not thick and milky, the draw is more than adequate. I only like it through water. Tried one bag so far and I didn't like that at all. But she does. So everyone's happy - even the cats! :)

I'm sure I will have a long and fruitful relationship with this device. Looking forward to experimenting the various methods and mods suggested above.

One thing though - the actual taste of cannabis is new to me and I don't find it so pleasant. And it lingers for ages. But there's a load of herbal tea in the press so I've been throwing a few various leaves in. Chocolate mint tea gives a beautiful, subtle hint of chocolate in the nose and back of th throat. It's just lovely.

Next I tried my first elbow-pack, but I put a crushed-up fresh mint leaf in the cyclone. Very nice - try it!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Another lurker/first poster who just got an Extreme Q today.

I've been daily toker for the past 15 years, I'm only now switching-on to vapourizers (why did I wait?). Bought a Vapman and, though it's very nice, it just doesn't cut it for me, even with a lot of practice. I needed temperature control!

After some research - much of it involving this thread - I went for the Arizer. I really wanted the Herborizer, but I have cats so that wouldn't last a day. Second choice was this baby and I'm already extremely pleased with it. Thanks to the generous advice imparted here, I was up-and-running minutes after the box arrived.

I bought a cheapo bong with a 18.8mm chillum-type adaptor and I'm running a shortened whipt into it, using two elbow adaptors. I stuck it on 190celcius, half-filled the cyclone with some reasonable-but-not-spectacular herb, attached elbow and left for 5 minutes. Then hit it. Short while later I'm well baked, but in a happy, chatty way I haven't felt in a long time. My sceptical girlfriend is converted after one hit.

Whilst not thick and milky, the draw is more than adequate. I only like it through water. Tried one bag so far and I didn't like that at all. But she does. So everyone's happy - even the cats! :)
the various methods and mods suggested above.

One thing though - the actual taste of cannabis is new to me and I don't find it so pleasant. And it lingers for ages. But there's a load of herbal tea in the press so I've been throwing a few various leaves in. Chocolate mint tea gives a beautiful, subtle hint of chocolate in the nose and back of th throat. It's just lovely.

Next I tried my first elbow-pack, but I put a crushed-up fresh mint leaf in the cyclone. Very nice - try it!
Hi stim, welcome to FC.com and the EQ thread!

Great first posting! You're definitely in the right place to gain some really useful info on your EQ.

Please feel free to ask questions and share discoveries you make.

(Gotta get back to work, so short posting for now). :)

Vape on!

baggedmazda

i have been lurking in this thread for a while now i think i am ready to pull the trigger now in the extreme q but where should i buy this thing where i will get the best deal and a warranty.

i will also be buying the ddave adapter and some new tubing for it right away i have a problem with modding things the way it is might as well start off with what really needs done from the start

stim

First full day wite the Q, and what a nice one it has been :)

Woke early to have a small elbow-pack, then clean the house with a wee spring in the step. I have the place to myself this evening so, stereo blazing, I've been experimenting whilst aiming for both efficiency and consistency.

The trick for me is having a little patience.
Keep temp steady at 190 leaving a few minutes between draws works optimally here. Also, having a fairly consistent airflow is critical. This is to ensure that the air temp is more accurately represented by the readout. If you just let the grass sit there, it's only being warmed by the glass, therefore unevenly, at the edges.

To counter this, before each hit I tend to remove the elbow connection to the bong and puff on it as if lighting a tobacco pipe. Puff maybe 10 secs until vapour appears, then connect-up the bong and go.

I'm now on my 10th-or-so hit from a half-elbow pack at a 195 degrees C. It's still green and just keeps coming! At least a few mins between draws. I'm impressed!

I didn't see anyone reference this vid, but it's a great idea that I'm gonna copy....

Oh, and the experiments with added ingredients has been a real eye-opener. I can see myself breaking out the Q for desert at a dinner party. Loving the various teas. I've even brewed-up some apple tea and put it in the bong. It really smoothes-out the bitter edge, making this an immensely enjoyable experience.

I'm gonna see what tasty stuff I can vape.

Cheers,
:p

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
i have been lurking in this thread for a while now i think i am ready to pull the trigger now in the extreme q but where should i buy this thing where i will get the best deal and a warranty.

i will also be buying the ddave adapter and some new tubing for it right away i have a problem with modding things the way it is might as well start off with what really needs done from the start

Check the retailers on this site, there are FC discounts and these outfits are authorized and dependable. I've gotten excellent service and good prices from puffitup.com.

The Q is sold through many channels, but many are not authorized distributors. If you have a warranty problem, Arizer will send you back to those sellers, whereas the retailers here will take care of you directly. A friend had his power supply die and upon returning it to puffitup he received back an entirely new unit.

Amazon has sellers for the Q, but it is difficult to determine if they are authorized. And on eBay, it's hit-and-miss; we've even seen Chinese knock-offs sold there. Caveat emptor.

I disassembled my Eq and took out the piece that everyone was complaining about melting and what I took out doesnt look to be at a melting point nor does it look to be plastic. It seemed to serve no purpose other than restricting airflow and keeping two wires from touching that entwined further down anyway. The piece also had a golden metallic residue. I kept it removed since I didnt like the idea of the "Gold Dust" in my air path since its already plenty of unnecessary electronics there already. I'm wondering if the piece I removed is the same that was in the other units because I saw the melted ones and what I pulled out of my unit isnt what I recall seeing.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I disassembled my Eq and took out the piece that everyone was complaining about melting and what I took out doesnt look to be at a melting point nor does it look to be plastic. It seemed to serve no purpose other than restricting airflow and keeping two wires from touching that entwined further down anyway. The piece also had a golden metallic residue. I kept it removed since I didnt like the idea of the "Gold Dust" in my air path since its already plenty of unnecessary electronics there already. I'm wondering if the piece I removed is the same that was in the other units because I saw the melted ones and what I pulled out of my unit isnt what I recall seeing.
Hey Cannabis Connoisseur,

From what I recall reading on the Mica piece:
"the mica piece prevents the heater popping out and prevents it dropping inside the Eq which would melt everything in sight.It sits at the bottom of the heater cover and in between the heater wires."

Does this sound like the piece you removed? Many have removed it without detrimental impact on the EQ.

Hope this helps! Vape On!

Hey Cannabis Connoisseur,

From what I recall reading on the Mica piece:
"the mica piece prevents the heater popping out and prevents it dropping inside the Eq which would melt everything in sight.It sits at the bottom of the heater cover and in between the heater wires."

Does this sound like the piece you removed? Many have removed it without detrimental impact on the EQ.

Hope this helps! Vape On!
OOOps!!!:uhoh: :doh: Oh well still working and hopefully secure knock on wood :bang: Leave well enough alone????? Dammit I hate it when the Wifes right :dog:

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: aesthyrian
Top Bottom