The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Reveen

I bought some replacement tubing the other day (Tygon 3350 1/4 x 3/8) and attached it to my Q. It fits well, but it seems to have added a lot of restriction to the drag of the whip. Feels like it is much more narrow than the stock tubing and I have to pull a lot harder (even with a clean elbow screen). Anyone else notice this?

I also cut the tubing to be about 2ft. longer than the stock tubing. Would this extra length be adding all that drag?

Reveen,

Doug

Just passing time
The additional length is definitely adding to the drag. I did this recently and decided to end up going shorter than the stock length even. I thought the extra couple feel would be nice for the couch, but it only made problems.

Doug,
Reactions: Reveen

Reveen

The additional length is definitely adding to the drag. I did this recently and decided to end up going shorter than the stock length even. I thought the extra couple feel would be nice for the couch, but it only made problems.

Cool, thanks for the reply! I bought 10 feet so I definitely have some extra tubing to test it out with. I'll give it a shot tonight and see how much the pull changes.

Reveen,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I bought some replacement tubing the other day (Tygon 3350 1/4 x 3/8) and attached it to my Q. It fits well, but it seems to have added a lot of restriction to the drag of the whip. Feels like it is much more narrow than the stock tubing and I have to pull a lot harder (even with a clean elbow screen). Anyone else notice this?

I also cut the tubing to be about 2ft. longer than the stock tubing. Would this extra length be adding all that drag?

Yes, length is a factor. So is tubing size: The stock is 5/16" ID. Extrapolate that 1/16" difference over 5' and you've reduced airflow considerably.

oldiebutgoodie,

Reveen

Yes, length is a factor. So is tubing size: The stock is 5/16" ID. Extrapolate that 1/16" difference over 5' and you've reduced airflow considerably.

So next time could I buy wider tubing to reduce drag or will I have trouble keeping the elbows secured in the tube? I just kinda went into it blindly and I admit I probably should have done a little more research!

Reveen,

whitemilk

thanks for the help FC! i picked out an awesome tube for my extreme q and have been loving it ever since.

Wr6q85Y.png

now if i could figure out how to hook up my cloud vape pen to the extreme q!!

whitemilk,

whitemilk

haha yeah it is! i'm going to get some silicone tubing to replace the stock PVC tubing. since i've read the silicone bends better, i'm hoping i can make a short tube so there's less drag!

i'm having an impossible time trying to find out if anyone has been able to hook up a cloud vape pen / g-pen to their vape. i might be the first person to think of this? lol

whitemilk,

oldiebutgoodie

So next time could I buy wider tubing to reduce drag or will I have trouble keeping the elbows secured in the tube? I just kinda went into it blindly and I admit I probably should have done a little more research!

The 5/16" x 7/16" x 1/16" silicone tubing posted here is perfect for the Q. It has great elasticity.

oldiebutgoodie,

Bronzs

Just ordered one, oh yeah baby. Getting pumped now. Now I just gotta save up my money for a Cera and I will be set.

Bronzs,

ROSSTA

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what is the best way to use bubble hash in your extreme Q?

ROSSTA,

ROSSTA

Thank you very much Reveen, I have read that but seems weird. I am waiting on a local glass blower that is putting a piece together for me that will have a male adapter and sit in the cyclone bowl and work like a hyrdotube does for the Cloud. Should be cool to see how it comes out. Plus you will pack a screeen like an elbow pack and it will sit further down in the cyclone bowl. I will put pics up when finished. I have had him custom make a nice bong and sherlock bubbler that work great but think that this might work even better.

ROSSTA,

Reveen

Thank you very much Reveen, I have read that but seems weird. I am waiting on a local glass blower that is putting a piece together for me that will have a male adapter and sit in the cyclone bowl and work like a hyrdotube does for the Cloud. Should be cool to see how it comes out. Plus you will pack a screeen like an elbow pack and it will sit further down in the cyclone bowl. I will put pics up when finished. I have had him custom make a nice bong and sherlock bubbler that work great but think that this might work even better.

It does sound weird, but supposedly the cotton won't vape anywhere near the temps the Q can produce so you should be all good.

Sounds great man. Make sure you post some pics when you get it all set up!

Reveen,
Ala Hops V-Tower adapter?

alt_12-8-11-259.jpg

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/vapo...d-d-wreck-blasted-v-tower-circ-adapter-1.html

oldiebutgoodie

Ala Hops V-Tower adapter? . . .

You need to put an elbow screen inside the bottom male joint, just like with the stock elbow.

I tried this using a Cloud HydraCirc. I wasn't happy with the results, couldn't get thick vapor. Not sure why. Now that a friend has a Q, I think I'll experiment again with it.

Also tried using a Cloud ELB in place of the elbow screen. Ya don't want to do that. :(

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

It didn't get hot enough. Pretty sure you know that, so perhaps you meant you didn't know why it didn't get hot enough?

IIRC I had the temp at 200-210C. I really tried to get it to work with the ELB because I don't like the drag from the elbow pack; all I got from that was poor extraction and a ruined ELB. I need to run the experiment again sans ELB.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: ROSSTA

ROSSTA

Ala Hops V-Tower adapter?

Wow, that is awesome! I love this concept. The bottom of this piece is exactly how he is making it for me but the whip coming off the top I had never thought of. I almost like that better as my design was for a straight tube like a hyrdo tube. My Q stays on the coffee table and I would have stood over leaning down to draw on it. I like the whip concept better. This would still acomplish everything I want. It wil have the male adapter that I can add a screen to and pack it like and elbow pack, bringing the screen closer to the heat source. Plus I wont have to stand up everytime I want to hit it. Thank you!

You need to put an elbow screen inside the bottom male joint, just like with the stock elbow.

I tried this using a Cloud HydraCirc. I wasn't happy with the results, couldn't get thick vapor. Not sure why. Now that a friend has a Q, I think I'll experiment again with it.

Also tried using a Cloud ELB in place of the elbow screen. Ya don't want to do that. :(

Let me know how your next attempt turns out please. I will post some pics and an update on how my piece turns out and how thick of vapor hits I can get.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged, broken quote fixed.

ROSSTA,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . Let me know how your next attempt turns out please. I will post some pics and an update on how my piece turns out and how thick of vapor hits I can get.

I will. Note, adding a whip may add considerable drag.

oldiebutgoodie,

ROSSTA

I will. Note, adding a whip may add considerable drag.

That is true. I do have a double perc bong and a showerhead bubbler he made for me that have hoses attached. Maybe I should just have him stick with the original plan and see how a straight tube works. Your comments oldiebutgoodie about not being hot enough to get big clouds of vapor scared me a bit. I get huge clouds of vapor on my Q with my attachments now but always looking for bigger and denser. I blame this phorum too, LOL all of you guys gave me the bug. HAHA. I love being infected though.

Top Bottom