The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

MrNorml

Today I decided to add some glassware to my Q.
Wow. Was that easy.
I took the long whip, which terminates in a glass mouthpiece, and I placed that mouthpiece into the short balloon whip. At that point I had everything needed to go from Q output to glass input. Didn't need the extra tubing. Didn't need any more elbow joints. I literally already had everything I needed because it all came with the Q.
Well, that was sure easier than I had anticipated.

MrNorml,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, the Q comes with everything you need to start vaporbonging out of the box. I haven't hit my Q any other way for over a year now.

:peace:

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
MrNorml said:
Wow. Was that easy.
I took the long whip, which terminates in a glass mouthpiece, and I placed that mouthpiece into the short balloon whip. At that point I had everything needed to go from Q output to glass input. Didn't need the extra tubing. Didn't need any more elbow joints. I literally already had everything I needed because it all came with the Q.

So you're not using a GonG joint at your glass connection?

oldiebutgoodie,

MrNorml

oldiebutgoodie said:
MrNorml said:
Wow. Was that easy.

So you're not using a GonG joint at your glass connection?

All connections are glass - the glass elbow joints go into cyclone bowl on Q and into glass fitting on pipe.

MrNorml,

panhouba

Hello, I haven't found it anywhere, but what's difference between Arizer Extreme Q and Arizer Extreme Q 4.0? Sorry for stupid question, thanks in advance for reply.

panhouba,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There is no difference. They are the same. The "4.0" moniker somehow got associated with the EQ and some people use it to emphasize that it is the "newest" model that Arizer makes.

Stu,

panhouba

Stu said:
There is no difference. They are the same. The "4.0" moniker somehow got associated with the EQ and some people use it to emphasize that it is the "newest" model that Arizer makes.

Thanks for reply :) And I also found 3 different versions, but it's said that they have the same functionality, don't they?

panhouba,

oldiebutgoodie

MrNorml said:
All connections are glass - the glass elbow joints go into cyclone bowl on Q and into glass fitting on pipe.

I understood that. Since you're using the whip mouthpiece to connect to your glass and the mouthpiece is not a GonG joint (as is the elbow), I'm just curious how your fitting the mouthpiece into your glass.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

panhouba said:
Stu said:

Thanks for reply :) And I also found 3 different versions, but it's said that they have the same functionality, don't they?

Yes, I've been told there were 3 generations of the Extreme. After the original there were 2 improvements each of which better located the heat sensor and consequently changed the temp readout. I presume that the "4.0" was derived from the Q following the 3rd gen of the Extreme.

oldiebutgoodie,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
oldiebutgoodie said:
I understood that. Since you're using the whip mouthpiece to connect to your glass and the mouthpiece is not a GonG joint (as is the elbow), I'm just curious how your fitting the mouthpiece into your glass.

He's using the elbow from the bag blowing tube on the other end of his whip, so both ends have elbows.

J.R.R.Tokin',

oldiebutgoodie

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
oldiebutgoodie said:

He's using the elbow from the bag blowing tube on the other end of his whip, so both ends have elbows.

I hear you. And that's what I would have thought, too. But I wasn't sure by his wording. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

dipdor

Hi all,
ok, I've been doing my best to get throught this thread, but I guess I'm a busy guy cos don't think I'm halfway yet! lol plus I'm gettin sick of reading "just got an EQ n its awesome etc"

So, just got an EQ, it's awesome etc! lol got it before xmas n i can say my festive season was a blur! lol

love it, its way cool, best purchase ever etc

Now, I have had combustion already, at 240 no less! however this was (i think) due to a poorly fitting screen in the cyclone. I think it let some stuff slip down past it, fell on the element, poofed up in a flame (had the fan going) blowing cinders up into the bowl which, aided by the warm air being pumped in by the fan, began to ignite! gutted! Shit the bed did I have a 5 second panic whilst I sorted that! lol So make sure your screens are snug!

I have a question, I was most likely baked but sure I read about a "spring" mod on this forum, as It hasn't appeared in my reading yet could someone please enlighten me? I have everything else workin pretty sweetly, jus playin to find my vaping style at the mo! anyhoos, big thanks to all here for helping me be an out of the box expert without ever vaping before! lol

Peace vaponaughts!

dipdor,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
dipdor said:
Hi all,
ok, I've been doing my best to get throught this thread, but I guess I'm a busy guy cos don't think I'm halfway yet! lol plus I'm gettin sick of reading "just got an EQ n its awesome etc"

So, just got an EQ, it's awesome etc! lol got it before xmas n i can say my festive season was a blur! lol

love it, its way cool, best purchase ever etc

Now, I have had combustion already, at 240 no less! however this was (i think) due to a poorly fitting screen in the cyclone. I think it let some stuff slip down past it, fell on the element, poofed up in a flame (had the fan going) blowing cinders up into the bowl which, aided by the warm air being pumped in by the fan, began to ignite! gutted! Shit the bed did I have a 5 second panic whilst I sorted that! lol So make sure your screens are snug!

I have a question, I was most likely baked but sure I read about a "spring" mod on this forum, as It hasn't appeared in my reading yet could someone please enlighten me? I have everything else workin pretty sweetly, jus playin to find my vaping style at the mo! anyhoos, big thanks to all here for helping me be an out of the box expert without ever vaping before! lol

Peace vaponaughts!

Well, 240C is pretty much the top end of the heater. I usually hover somewhere around 210C or so depending on the strain. Also I think it would be helpful for you to do a search for the "Elbow Pack Method". Not only is it more efficient (saves on herb) but also the herb is lightly packed in the elbow screen (which goes into the cyclone bowl) and it gives a much more satisfying hit! (cloudier)

Welcome to the forum, I Hope this helps...

Bluntcrush,

oldiebutgoodie

dipdor said:
I have a question, I was most likely baked but sure I read about a "spring" mod on this forum, as It hasn't appeared in my reading yet could someone please enlighten me?

This is probably what you are looking for, it's in a different thread . . .

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=93371#p93371

But if this is what you're looking for, you should also read down the thread particular from post #40 where there is a response from Arizer and discussion about that.

Fwiw, I shape the screen concave, place it in the bowl dome up, tuck in the perimeter with the stir stick. Only the very tiniest amount of material ever gets through to the top of the element which is easily blown off; this is a definite improvement over the standard flat screen. My method also raises the herb a bit. I've never had the stirring and uneven cooking issue that the spring (again, assuming we're talking about the same thing here) method is supposed to resolve. It's interesting that some who tried this method found better performance, but again, look at Arizer's response. What I do notice is that if the Fan is set to 3, depending on the material and quantity, the airflow can separate the material a bit in the middle, pushing it to the side a tad. But the back-pressure from the elbow screen does indeed seem to create an even heating space in the bowl.

By the way, 240C is really kinda high unless you're vaping ABV or doing something out of the norm.

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They say EQ should not reach combustion and only defective unit do it. I don't believe this claim. IMO all not too cold EQs can reach combustion beign normal just because the max possible temp is 260. That is a lot I've never tried this temp before. I've tried 240 and it was blackening the herb pretty fast. This doesn't mean EQ is a bad unit. I've heard SSV can also combust if you turn the knob to max and it's a great whip. MFLB can also combust and is a great device.

Seek,
You're correct IME Seek, 500 F and less will easily combust material if left on for long periods. Just load up some ABV, hit the fan on 3 and blow a few bags; watch the fireworks, if anyone doesn't believe me.

This doesn't make the Q a bad herbal vaporizer at all, it actually makes it a wonderful concentrate vaporizer! I would rather more vapes allow us access to that high temp range that many people associate with combustion, because some substances simply need very high temperatures to make the most of them.

Off topic here, but I'm actually a little worried that the VXC won't get as hot as I'd like it to. I read that the Betas could get much hotter than the production units, and I'm worried that might mean it won't be ideal for concentrates.

charliedontsurf,
new to the forum. Have some questions about the EQ, which I am a little worried about in terms of authenticity and safety. :uhoh:

So I bought an Extreme Q from an eBay seller for $158
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260884983959

now this is clearly the Extreme Q because it has a remote and has the fan. However it's being sold as a V-tower. (he has sold nearly 80 of these) I asked the seller why he's able to offer these for sale at such a low price, he said it was because he was sold these products without warranty. I've also asked him if this is the authentic product from Arizer, and why he's not selling it as the extreme Q, to which he replied that he cannot comment.

I will break my issues into different parts so it's easier for you guys to respond

Upon unboxing of what I received, everything looks absolutely identical to the EQ pictures I've seen online, and seem to work well. Only differences are: 1. the manual is photocopied in black and white, whereas the manual had some color on the cover in some pictures I've seen online 2. it didn't come with the bag of Potpourri 3. The glass stirring rod did not have the blue swirly things inside.

A)

One thing that worried me quite a bit was the whip. It smelled strongly of plastic (and a little acetone? it's like a nail polish kind of synthetic smell). I heated up the machine for 30 minutes on a high temperature like I'm supposed to, with the whip attached. To my dismay, my entire room smelled like the whip. I also sucked out tiny bits of air from the whip and it tasted like plastic. I am very health conscious and decided not to inhale anything from that tube, and searched google for some answers. That's how I found this forum, and realized that EQ whips are generally considered subpar, and should be replaced with Silicone or Chemflour whips.

Does my whip smell bad because it's a knockoff, or do all new EQ whips smell like this?

B)

The seller used "VP 320" in the title of his auction. Upon googling "arizer vp 320", i was taken to this page:
http://www.dhgate.com/v-tower-herba...gital/p-ff808081321fe9000132386257905a4a.html

Where the EQ is also sold wholesale under the V-tower name, and has a wholesale price of $80 to $95 a piece. Made in China.
Certain vaporizer websites claim that the EQ is Made in Canada... is this true? The "Made in Canada" claim is not on the official Arizer website.

I think there are two possibilities here:
1. EQ is made in Canada (or in China but with higher standards), and the one I received is a cheap knockoff and is not as safe to use.
2. EQ is made in China, and the same company made extra units to sell to unofficial distributors. (this happens a lot with brand name electronics). And the unit I received is just as good as the $250 ones sold on websites of official distributors.

So which is it?? Should I return my EQ and spend an additional $100 to buy from an official website for a peace of mind?

andrecanucks,

oldiebutgoodie

andrecanucks -

The whip tubing provided by Arizer is a Japanese medical grade poly-vinyl. On the tubing it will have printed Kuri Tec Klearon K010 By Kuriyama 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD 70F Non-Toxic PUC NSF-51 Canada K101004 14:07.

This tubing is not sub-par from a health standpoint.; note the NSF-51 U.S. grade rating. However it is stiff, therefore somewhat difficult to remove from the glass pieces unless heated a bit (the unit can do that for you, btw), and is just not friendly to handle in general. Consequently many of us have switched to a medical grade silicone 3/8" ID. There is a modest odor at first which is why the 30 minutes break-in. It should be OK if imprinted with the above. If not, that could be a red flag.

I'm not sure where the origin of manufacture is. At least some vaporizers have some components produced in China with the final assembly done in North America. What matters of course is the quality, and at least with my Q the fit, finish, and performance is all excellent.

Others have posted that they have purchased on eBay with satisfactory results, while yet others have received units with a piece missing or some other indicator that the unit did not come through the authorized Arizer distribution channel, the most common of which is that there is no warranty. I purchased mine from an Amazon reseller for ~$180 but fulfilled by Amazon (i.e., Amazon stocks it for the reseller) and it is definitely an authorized version.

That's all the info I can provide. Others may have more. If you are concerned, I can't see any harm in querying Arizer directly. I've found them to be quite responsive.

An afterthought . . . it is not uncommon for a North American company to license a design to a foreign company for manufacture and distribution in that company's country or region. Many times that is the only way for the North American company to do business there, due to local laws. China is definitely one of such countries. The locally manufactured product may be branded somewhat differently or may be "localized" (a change in product characteristic for that market). I have seen where such licensed products "leech" into unauthorized regions. The OEM (original equipment manufacturer) may have a very difficult time policing and preventing this, especially a small company. So it is not inconceivable that Canadian Arizer may license to a Chinese manufacturer, and a U.S. importer bootlegs that product into the States. I am not saying that this is is being done or has any connection to what you found. I'm just offering that I have seen the scenario I described with other companies. Caveat emptor.

Finally, I mentioned I had purchased an authorized unit through Amazon. Additionally, FC has recommended retailers which offer discounts to FC members. You can find that info here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

Good luck.

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
andrecanucks said:
new to the forum. Have some questions about the EQ, which I am a little worried about in terms of authenticity and safety. :uhoh:

So I bought an Extreme Q from an eBay seller for $158
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260884983959

now this is clearly the Extreme Q because it has a remote and has the fan. However it's being sold as a V-tower. (he has sold nearly 80 of these) I asked the seller why he's able to offer these for sale at such a low price, he said it was because he was sold these products without warranty. I've also asked him if this is the authentic product from Arizer, and why he's not selling it as the extreme Q, to which he replied that he cannot comment.

The V-Tower is an earlier model and also comes with a remote and fan. Arizer still sells this model: http://arizer.com/store/extreme-heater/12-the-v-tower-.html

Note the grooves at the top of the unit. The Q does not have those, and neither does the model you bought if that picture is accurate. The Q, however, has a cool black chrome finish. I can't tell for sure from your picture but it doesn't look like the right finish to me.

andrecanucks said:
Where the EQ is also sold wholesale under the V-tower name, and has a wholesale price of $80 to $95 a piece. Made in China.
Certain vaporizer websites claim that the EQ is Made in Canada... is this true? The "Made in Canada" claim is not on the official Arizer website.

I think there are two possibilities here:
1. EQ is made in Canada (or in China but with higher standards), and the one I received is a cheap knockoff and is not as safe to use.
2. EQ is made in China, and the same company made extra units to sell to unofficial distributors. (this happens a lot with brand name electronics). And the unit I received is just as good as the $250 ones sold on websites of official distributors.

So which is it?? Should I return my EQ and spend an additional $100 to buy from an official website for a peace of mind?

The EQ and the V-Tower are both assembled in Canada. Some of the internal parts are from China (the fan and maybe some of the circuitry).

Do you have a knockoff? I can't tell, but if I am right that the finish is not black chrome, then I'd guess that you do.

pakalolo,

SD_haze

Hi extreme-q thread :)

While window shopping @ aqualabtech, I came accross a glass accessory specifically made for the arizer extreme.
Kind of like a mini hydra tube.

Crazy expensive but it is a glass collaboration between two big big glassblowers (D-wreck and Hops, inventor of the inline percolator) and its sandblasted so there you go.

V-tower circ adaptor #1
v-tower circ adaptor #2 (same function)

You don't often see major glass blowers working on vaporizer-specific stuff so it really excited me when I found it. Hope this becomes a trend that continues and expands big time!

alt_12-8-11-259.jpg

Since it has standard ground glass joints I can definitely see it working with other vaporizers, but it does look pretty sexy on the extreme.

SD_haze,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It really looks great, but is the price really 400$? For that price one can have a whole all glass high-end vape. I think the Cloud will cost like this.

Seek,

MrNorml

MrNorml said:
Wow. Was that easy.

and it looked like this. http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1456/qtoflawless.jpg

MrNorml,

MrNorml

SD_haze said:

While window shopping @ aqualabtech, I came accross a glass accessory specifically made for the arizer extreme.

Crazy expensive but it is a glass collaboration between two big big glassblowers (D-wreck and Hops, inventor of the inline percolator) and its sandblasted so there you go.

V-tower circ adaptor #1

You don't often see major glass blowers working on vaporizer-specific stuff so it really excited me when I found it. Hope this becomes a trend that continues and expands big time!

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...6f020e43594a9c230972d/a/l/alt_12-8-11-259.jpg

Since it has standard ground glass joints I can definitely see it working with other vaporizers, but it does look pretty sexy on the extreme.

Oh, that is just pretty. I agree. Folks should be marketing add-on stuff like that for various units.

MrNorml,

xenith

Does anyone have experience with turnaround time when they send in a broken EQ? I had the E2/E5 (cant remember which) error a while back, and I sent it in to Vapemaster about two weeks ago, maybe closer to three. I haven't heard from them since. I sent an email a couple hours back but I fully expect them to respond that they never received the unit.

I really should've kept the receipt and documented this whole process because now I'm worried that I'm out of a vape. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

EDIT: on the subject of glass accessories, is there any reason this wouldn't work attached to the EQ?

xenith,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
SD_haze said:

V-tower circ adaptor #1

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...6f020e43594a9c230972d/a/l/alt_12-8-11-259.jpg

Yes it looks cool and I am sure that it would be a nice add on, but for circa $300.00 you could get a sovereignty 60 or 75mm bent neck toob, and in my opinion that would be a much smarter value, because it can be used with any whip based vape or it will also work with the VXC, so when you upgrade you can avoid this becoming obsolete. :2c:

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom