The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Theo said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Amyome know if the black coating on the top of thhe cyclone bowl is iso safe? I want to soak it with everything else, but am not sure.

I have yet to clean the cyclone bowl, and it's the same one i've been using since I got it (~10months ago). So yea, I'm not sure but I don't see why it wouldn't be. The only problem I see that could happen is maybe the glue that holds it there will dissolve with the alcohol, but it being able to withstand the heat of the EQ I would assume doing an iso bath shouldn't cause any problems.

I don't believe it's actually glued on, i think the black coating is heat shrink tubing. You normally use it over wire connections, when you heat it up it shrinks and forms to what it's on. Also, mine is slightly loose....doesn't appear to be glued...

I'm just worried about it breaking down and coming off of the glass. The bowl gets got enough with the coating intact, I'd hate to lose it.

Purpl3_Haz3,

photobooth

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Theo said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Amyome know if the black coating on the top of thhe cyclone bowl is iso safe? I want to soak it with everything else, but am not sure.

I have yet to clean the cyclone bowl, and it's the same one i've been using since I got it (~10months ago). So yea, I'm not sure but I don't see why it wouldn't be. The only problem I see that could happen is maybe the glue that holds it there will dissolve with the alcohol, but it being able to withstand the heat of the EQ I would assume doing an iso bath shouldn't cause any problems.

I don't believe it's actually glued on, i think the black coating is heat shrink tubing. You normally use it over wire connections, when you heat it up it shrinks and forms to what it's on. Also, mine is slightly loose....doesn't appear to be glued...

I'm just worried about it breaking down and coming off of the glass. The bowl gets got enough with the coating intact, I'd hate to lose it.
I can input and say that I have given the cyclone bowl 2-3 hour long soaks in Simple Green with no obvious ill effects. Can't say anything about ISO though, it may degrade the plastic over time.

photobooth,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've done several ISO soaks with my cyclone bowl and it comes out looking brand new each time. So no worries with the ISO at all IME.

:peace:

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Tech_R6 said:
ive soaked it in grunge off with no issues

Thanks for the help, everyone who replied! My cyclone bowl survived the wash, as you all predicted.

I soaked all my EQ pieces, as im awaiting new tubing (Tygon 3350 5/16" ID, USPlastics) to replace my stock tubing, and want everything nice and new! I thought the tubing would be here today, but it appears it will be tomorrow. The Q is seeing its first day without any usage, as I'm going to hold off until i get the new whip.

To those of you that replied about my glass down stem that i was gonna use as a bowl, it didn't really work. There wasn't enough room to pack two screens with bud between them, and get good heat coverage...but it was a fun experiment none the less.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have thought about using different glass pieces that I have to rig up a better bowl, but at the end of the day, I figure that I get good results from a simple elbow pack, so why mess with it?

Plus, since I've been grinding finer lately, I've been getting even better results than before. :brow:

Stu,

GeorgeKushstanza

I own an extreme q vape and I'm having an issue. The unit is making a high pitched noise. I have read about some others experiencing similar problems. I noticed that if I turn the heat down the issue temporarily stops, but continues soon after. I was just wondering if anyone knows what's causing this problem and if its safe to use the unit making this noise? I read somewhere that the sound may be "arcing contacts" but I'm not familiar with what this would sound like. By the way this is a new unit only a couple of weeks old

GeorgeKushstanza,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
GeorgeKushstanza said:
I own an extreme q vape and I'm having an issue. The unit is making a high pitched noise. I have read about some others experiencing similar problems. I noticed that if I turn the heat down the issue temporarily stops, but continues soon after. I was just wondering if anyone knows what's causing this problem and if its safe to use the unit making this noise? I read somewhere that the sound may be "arcing contacts" but I'm not familiar with what this would sound like. By the way this is a new unit only a couple of weeks old

Welcome to FC Mr. Kushstanza!

I have had my q, since the beginning of this year, and its made that damn noise since day 1. don't get me wrong, I love the Q, and it works great, but that noise will not stop! it seems to cease when i drop the temp, and only seems to happen when the unit is actively heating, or maintaining temp.

It have had many theories as to whats causing this, and have found none of them to be the culprit. One thing is for sure though, the Vape hasn't seemed to lack any functionality with this little issue. It is easily drowned out by TV or stereo at a decent volume. I have grown used to it, to the point that I think someone has a Vape running every time I here a similar noise...

Any how, good luck with your q, and if you can stand to live without it for a short period of time (granted you purchased your Q from an authorized retailer, thus having a warranty) then you may be better off sending the unit to Arizer for examination, repair and/or replacement. I chose not to have mine replaced, or whatnot, as at the time, it was my only vape.

Purpl3_Haz3,

waitwtf

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the info. I'm still working my way back through the thread, hopefully I'll have learned everything there is to know by Tuesday. That's when my EQ arrives!

Didn't see any info about the ebay seller I went with, but it seems legit enough. 2 extra bags and a grinder, $166.99 with expedited shipping. I'll report back and let you know how it goes.

waitwtf,

Tech_R6

I'm just curious as to what temperature most of you are using for bag/whip both bowl and elbow packs. For the whip i have found that i prefer elbow packs at 190C.

Tech_R6,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Tech_R6 said:
I'm just curious as to what temperature most of you are using for bag/whip both bowl and elbow packs. For the whip i have found that i prefer elbow packs at 190C.

yeah, unless I'm going for the couch lock (220+) I usually do elbows at 195c.

as for bags, I do the first at 175, second at 185, and 205 for the last one, but I also do bags around 220 if i want to sleep.

Purpl3_Haz3,

PG

High, I got my extreme q yesterday and I noticed the screen in the cyclone bowl is slanted, is this normal? Thanks

PG,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
PG said:
High, I got my extreme q yesterday and I noticed the screen in the cyclone bowl is slanted, is this normal? Thanks

Based on my experience, this is not unusual. I've had six cyclone bowls (four surviving) and the screen would not sit flat in two of them. There are three Extreme threads here and this problem has come up a few times. Not only does it look offensive, it's a genuine nuisance because stirring the bowl can dislodge the sceeen and dump your load. The first time this happened to me everything fell out onto the heater, of course. After that, I had to be sensitive as to which bowl was in use so I would remember to remove it before stirring.

This happens because the inner diameter isn't always consistent. I tried trimming a screen to fit better but it still tended to move during stirring. Although I've never needed to replace a cyclone bowl screen, I still didn't want to wind up having to track which screens belonged to which bowls so I gave up on that.

A solution proposed in one of the original Extreme threads was to use paperclips or some wire that you feel is safe in your vapour path to form a C-clip to hold the screen in place. This might work in some circumstances but in my case this method still couldn't force the screen flat.

I then tried another trick posted in a different thread (How to improve the performance of the Extreme) in which a wire coil is used to raise the screen in order to get an elbow-pack effect. With a little adjusting I got the screen flat and stirring no longer disturbed it. I recommend this solution.

pakalolo,

waitwtf

Well, my EQ got here yesterday, pleasant surprise to find it 3 days early. Glad I suppressed my concerns and good judgment and went with the super cheap eBay option. Everything brand new in original packaging, plus a cheap crappy grinder I can give away.

So far I've tried the Cyclone bowl w/whip, elbow pack w/whip, and elbow w/bag. Elbow+whip is my favorite for sure. I put a couple grains of bubble hash in with the herb and got a thick, very smoke-like cloud on the second or third draw. I woke up still high this morning. Nice.

waitwtf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Keep with the elbow pack and forget about the cyclone bowl. I've come to the conclusion that after a year of using this vape, the cyclone bowl just doesn't perform very well on its own. I'm still a fan, but the elbow pack is the only way to go IMO.

:2c:

Stu,

steven22

do you guys get more than one good bag out of elbow+bag method?

Im using v4, max temp of 200 , low temp of 180. and get one good bag from the elbow, then maybe half of another.

steven22,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The first bag from elbow is the best for sure. But the next ones will not be empty too.

Seek,

easyjeezy

@steven22 - i'm glad you brought this up. while i've been using the cyclone bowl with the bag for the past few months, I only ever get 1 bag no matter the amount of herb i use. But I also have a large jar of ABV that I can turn to in dry times.

also, i think i'm gonna go back to using the elbow packs as they did work well for me in the past.

easyjeezy,
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Got my EQ off ebay for 160 a week ago...so far, I'm loving it! Had to return my iolite when I realized the temp was too low on that for me.

I have a question regarding the upgrades I am planning to make based on reading through most of the posting on this site....

As far as upgraded tubing, is this the right stuff and size to get? (saw some conflicting reports on here about size)

57298 Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD with 1/16" Wall (from usplastics) - gonna get 5 or so.

Also, for water filtration is this the smallest item I can get to achieve h2o filtration?
https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=aqua-vape-vaporfection-water-filtration (aqua vape)

Thanks for your replies!

taichicali,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes, any silicone tubing with 5/16" I.D. should do nicely.

That will work for water filtration for sure, but you can just use any existing glass you have if you prefer.

Stu,
Stu said:

That will work for water filtration for sure, but you can just use any existing glass you have if you prefer.

Awesome.

taichicali,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey all, as some of you might know, I run OceanStateCannabis.com. Our very first review was of FC. The next one was a review for a MMJ Consultation office. Today we just finished our review of the EQ. Here is the link:

http://oceanstatecannabis.com/?p=355

We have a companion video on the site and at YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/OceanStateCannabis

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions about the Q!

Tstat,
Stu said:

Turns out the aqua vape is not in stock :( I don't have any other glass laying around...what else would you recommend that would function like the aqua vape? ( I dont want a bong, just a glass bubbler to attach to the end of the whip, like the aqua vape) Anything like that that you or anyone knows of? I like the low profile of the aqua vape...

taichicali,

forlorn1

i've posted this question in the other extreme q thread that is floating around on these boards, i was wondering if anyone has heard any updates about the portable vaporizer that arizer is working on? i actually learnt about that on here, i emailed arizer last october and they were testing the new product.

forlorn1,
Top Bottom