The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
vettesnvapor said:
quick question,just got my extreme q off ebay for $135.does it come in a plain cardboard box?looks new to me,but i think i saw a pic somewhere that had pictures on outside of box u know like any other product.

Perhaps because mine came through Amazon, the Q's box was packed inside a larger box for protection. The Q box itself was plain brown cardboard, 6.5" x 6.5" x 7". I wouldn't be concerned about that.

However, given that low price point, two things you might want to check: 1st, are all the accessory parts there that should be? 2nd, is the seller actually an authorized Arizer reseller? (If not, there might be an issue with the warranty.)

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

KeepItLit said:
new here, and didnt feel like readin through the whole thread. but what would guys prefer to use to stop the vapor from coming out of the bag?

Try using the Search function, maybe "Q AND bag AND value" in "message text & topic subject" with the results returned by post. This will probably get you to what you're looking for.

A summary of what you'll find: (a) some find it doesn't matter after the first hit due to pressure equalization; (b) some just use their finger; (c) some use a pencil eraser or other household object; (d) if hitting thru the glass, the GonG attachment and water chamber will stop the vapor; (e) it is very inexpensive and easy to rig a water bottle valve (search on "rubbermaid"), there is a youtube howto video.

oldiebutgoodie,
Thanks Seller claims to be authorized seller with full warranty. over 99% pos feedback and it had every accessory that was on the Arizer web site. hope to try it out this weekend if i find anything!! And thanks to everyone on this post for all the usefull info.I have read about 75 pages so far and still learning.

vettesnvapor,

jetdoc420

KeepItLit said:
new here, and didnt feel like readin through the whole thread. but what would guys prefer to use to stop the vapor from coming out of the bag?

Hey all.... I'm new here too. To answer the above question... your FINGER!!! :D
j/k

I myself, read all the reviews and reports. I was baffled to find that Consumer Reports didn't review these products. So.... after many sleepless nights, I bought the Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 2011 off of e-bay for the Grand Total of $118 + Shipping. I bought it from one of the sellers mentioned here in this thread. I don't know how y'all feel about him.... and that's irrelevant, but "Rubber..." was GREAT to work with, Easy to communicate with and seemed to be Upstanding per the "Feedback" from other e-bay members. So... through that and the reviews by other MMJ patients, it's for me (HANDS DOWN) the Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 2011. It does everything that the "Volcano" does and it does it MUCH cheaper. The 3' whip is so easy to use, it rotates 360* around the tower and delivers a pretty good stream of Vapor, especially with the fan working for anyone. Haven't had the experience with a Vape that some of or A LOT seem to cherish, but if the Volcano does anything more than Extreme Q, I'd definitely say its NOT worth the $450 difference. I can buy a lot medicine for $450. :2c:

jetdoc420,

oldiebutgoodie

vettesnvapor said:
. . . I have read about 75 pages so far and still learning.

So I got thru the 100 pages on this thread only to discover a bunch of other threads with yet more valuable info re the herb, preparation, storage, glass, tinctures, etc. etc.

As they say, it's a journey! :D

oldiebutgoodie,
Well i got a chance to try my "Q" last night for the first time,and all i can say is WOW!! I got as big a cloud as i wanted. Thanks to all the great info from this thread it was a short learning curve ie... none. The elbow is great,used next to no product for all the vapor i got. Started out at 190 and finished at 230[look now i even talk metric] lol Also tried the "bowl" with more product and liked that too.still feel a little 10 hours later,been 5 weeks since i had any so maybe thats it.going to try a balloon tonight,see how that goes.Well thanks again to all the people before me posting so i could make a cheat sheet and get right to "it".

vettesnvapor,

njtoker59

So i ordered my extreme q and it should be here tuesday...i hope. I have looked at reviews and decided to make the purchase because i love vaporizer and since i got it for 175 i think it was a smart deal. I have searched around and have a couple ideas, i just want to know what everyone thinks as far as a good temp/fan speed/bowl size. I know i should be using the search bar, but i don't have a lot of time, and i know that people are always willing to help someone out on this site. My first question is what is a good range of temps (both warm up and use) because i have a MFLB and as you know you do not chose the temp. Next what do users like as far as fan speed. I know that the slower the fan speed the thicker the bag and all that i just want to know what people prefer. I also want to know how big you guys pack your bowls and how many bags you rip before feeling the effects. I know this is just another Extreme Q forum, but i just like having people talk about it in a place thats easy for me to find and get responses too. Thanks in advance everyone.

njtoker59,
I bought and extreme q on ebay for like 170 shipped, anyone know if i still am covered for warranty? Please help, this is a low point in my day..

flying faded,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
flying faded said:
I bought and extreme q on ebay for like 170 shipped, anyone know if i still am covered for warranty? Please help, this is a low point in my day..

According to Arizer, only authorized retailer units are covered...and from what i have gathered here, if you paid less than retail price, then it most likely isn't covered.

First, contact Arizer, and ask if the person you bought from is an authorized retailer. If not, contact the person you bought it from and ask if they offer any type of in-house warranty, etc...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
^^^ Exactly. That's one of the reasons I went with the HA. The Ebay seller I spoke to about the EQ said if Arizer wouldn't cover it, their "distribtor" would replace it with a new one. Decided not to chance it though. Couldn't hurt to email Arizer though. Maybe they will repair it for a discounted price, if the Ebay guy doesn't help.

Edit* Curious as to what the problem is with it?

Magic9,
It does not turn on, i think it got fried during a thunderstorm..It turned on and flickered then said goodbye. It was a rough night, epically for the lungs

flying faded,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
flying faded said:
It does not turn on, i think it got fried during a thunderstorm..It turned on and flickered then said goodbye. It was a rough night, epically for the lungs

While possible, I just lost power two nights ago, and my q was plugged straight into the wall (no surge protector) and it survived being on when the power left two times...

Does the green light still work on the power adapter when plugged in?

Purpl3_Haz3,

max

Out to lunch
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
flying faded said:

According to Arizer, only authorized retailer units are covered...and from what i have gathered here, if you paid less than retail price, then it most likely isn't covered.

First, contact Arizer, and ask if the person you bought from is an authorized retailer. If not, contact the person you bought it from and ask if they offer any type of in-house warranty, etc...
Good advice. Several manufacturers have tightened warranty coverage lately, and Arizer is one. I highly doubt your eBay seller is authorized. You may be out of luck. On the plus side, I don't think Arizer's repair charges are high, and considering your purchase price, you can afford to pay for repair.

max,
Hi guys,

I'm looking forward for an Extreme Q, since it has very nice features and good reviews so far, but I want to know something before I'll make my final decision: does it offer this kind of functionality that can be achieved with Volcano's liquid filling chamber (or able to use liquid pads)?

I'm mostly interested in vaping liquid and powdered stuff (see this thread), so do you have any experience with the Extreme for such things?

RandomDude,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
RandomDude said:
Hi guys,

I'm looking forward for an Extreme Q, since it has very nice features and good reviews so far, but I want to know something before I'll make my final decision: does it offer this kind of functionality that can be achieved with Volcano's liquid filling chamber (or able to use liquid pads)?

I'm mostly interested in vaping liquid and powdered stuff (see this thread), so do you have any experience with the Extreme for such things?

I do not believe that the Q is capable of using anything like the liquid pads for the Cano, but to my knowledge, the liquid pads are just for adding moisture to the hits...if thats what your going for, their are many alternatives that the q is compatible with. Many around here are fond of Vapor-Bonging...using a bong, with the q connected to it, to get a cooler moist hit. Their are also a couple of handheld glass waterpipe inline adapters. One that comes to mind is the Aqua Vape. it is a small tube that your whip hose connects to and filters the hit through water...it has been shown in this thread a few times.

EDIT, while what I wrote above is correct, I believe, I dont think thats what your looking for....just read your link that you put in the post, about what you like to vaporize, and realized that I was on the wrong track....but Ill leave what I posted just in case...not really sure about what your talking about, powder/liquid being vaped with the EQ...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
So, Ive had this broken piece of downstem for a while, and hadnt realized its potential uses...It is a gong downstem, that was diffused at the bottom, but it broke...here are some pics...do you think this could be used in place of the cyclone bowl and elbow? I can fit my tubing on to the end of the downstem, and the gong piece is the same size as the cyclone bowl/heater...Pics dont show it, but the downstem part goes for about 4-5 inches beyond the length in the pic...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if this would work, what temps would be recommended? I normally vape starting at 175c(lowest) or 190c, and my highest temp is 230c...obviously these temps would be too high with the herb that close, atleast 230 would be, correct?

I figure I could just pack the herb in, then place a round cyclone screen in there between the herb and the heater...

any input would be great! thanks!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm not clear on where you plan to pack the herb. Are you thinking of using 2 screens? And if so, where would they be placed?

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stu said:
I'm not clear on where you plan to pack the herb. Are you thinking of using 2 screens? And if so, where would they be placed?

herb goes between the two screens...heres a pic

edit, last pic hard to read...click on it if you cant read the labels.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Interesting... I would probably start with super low temps (150 or so) and gradually advance to see where the sweet spot would be.

Let us know how it goes!

:peace:

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Stu said:
Interesting... I would probably start with super low temps (150 or so) and gradually advance to see where the sweet spot would be.

Let us know how it goes!

:peace:

Will do, it looks similar to some other ideas I've seen in this thread...I'm gonna be home in 30-45 mins, and I'm gonna get the screens set and try it!

I soaked it in iso, and it should be dry now, so we'll see!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Theo

The prices will vary but for a small piece like that the most the price will fluctuate is by $10 or so, max.

Theo,

F41c0n

Does anyone have any pictures of the rubbermaid bag valve? i tried searching but the video on the thread is a broken link

F41c0n,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Amyome know if the black coating on the top of thhe cyclone bowl is iso safe? I want to soak it with everything else, but am not sure.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Theo

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Amyome know if the black coating on the top of thhe cyclone bowl is iso safe? I want to soak it with everything else, but am not sure.

I have yet to clean the cyclone bowl, and it's the same one i've been using since I got it (~10months ago). So yea, I'm not sure but I don't see why it wouldn't be. The only problem I see that could happen is maybe the glue that holds it there will dissolve with the alcohol, but it being able to withstand the heat of the EQ I would assume doing an iso bath shouldn't cause any problems.

Theo,
Top Bottom