The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Kaptan

Has anyone broke the glass stirring tool that came with the Q? If so, have you found anything that is found at Walmart or an local B&M store that would be a sufficient replacement? Off the top of my head, I was thinking a generic glass stirrer may suffice. I know replacements are available on Arizers website and ebay, but with shipping the cost doesn't seem worth it. Any suggestions?

Kaptan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Kaptan said:
Has anyone broke the glass stirring tool that came with the Q? If so, have you found anything that is found at Walmart or an local B&M store that would be a sufficient replacement? Off the top of my head, I was thinking a generic glass stirrer may suffice. I know replacements are available on Arizers website and ebay, but with shipping the cost doesn't seem worth it. Any suggestions?

I, too broke my glass stirrer and considered getting it replaced, but I found a little screwdriver in my toolbox that works just as well, so I am not going to waste $10 - $12 on getting a replacement.

Stu,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Kaptan said:

I thought the costs after shipping were too much also. Vapeworld.com has them for $7.99 + free shipping. Also 7th Floor(SSV,DBV,LSV makers) sell a little stainless steel pick with a little marble on top for $2-3 that ships with any of their vapes. After I broke my Extreme glass wand in half, I started using the stainless marble one from 7th Floor, and seems to do the job. Just watch because it is sharp as hell and will definitely pierce skin(5 times so far). If my local stores had them for like $5 bucks I'd buy em all day long. But $7.99 + free shipping hasn't made me leap yet. Next time I get dome screens , I'll probably order/ beg for a few extras.

Silver420Surfer,

al bundy

Vaporist
Do they still make just the v tower?

i really dont need or want the bag option so its either the extreme or a myrtle zap(probably both at some point :))

al bundy,
I've got the xtreme and it's great vaporizer. (first version)

The extreme q looks like is has the same functions with a sleeker look.

I'd probably get one once my xtreme retires :-)

Arizer makes great products.

islander420,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
al bundy said:
Do they still make just the v tower?

i really dont need or want the bag option so its either the extreme or a myrtle zap(probably both at some point :))

Well at least they still sell them, can't say if made new or just older stock.
http://www.vapeworld.com/v-tower-vaporizer

hundred dollar difference between the two
I never used the V-Tower but own the Extreme-Q model. But if I new then what I know now, I would of saved a hundred and bought a MFLB to go with it or some nice glass accessories with that extra hundo. Either way I think you get a pretty nice vape with the V-Tower or Extreme-Q. Just replaced my hose for the Extreme, clean dome screen and glass elbow and rippin some Tahoe OG Kush thru the bong as I type this. Very nice all aorund vape. And hats off to the Tahoeans and their OGK.

Silver420Surfer,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
appa juice said:
So I'm looking to get the Q for water filtration. I had an HA but the whip style was too basic.

I have done copious amounts of searching. My eye is on this glass piece http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...ear-6-arm-tree-percolator.cfm?iProductID=8882

I can't throw a bunch of money at a glass piece, so I just want something that percolates.

http://www.grasscity.com/black-leaf-inline-bong-layback.html
How does that one look?

Do i need an adaptor or anything specific for that fitting? It says it is 18mm...do i need an additional GonG adaptor or do I just use both elbows to connect the whip to the bong slide (and the other end to the cyclone bowl)?

5/16 is the correct diameter for the tubing as well, correct? This looks like a really sweet setup, really excited!

(Did I see this post in another thread? Just wondering.)

First, yes 5/16" is stock ID for Q tubing. There is a lot of discussion here re that. Most eventually replace the Q's PVC with silicone, either 5/16" or 3/8" as long as sufficient elasticity.

Second, the Q uses 18.8 fittings. On sites you'll see this sometimes ref'd as 18 or 19, both should work. Use 2 elbows or get a tubing/GonG adapter, which you may want with a 45 degree angle.

Third, there are endless posts on other threads here re glass set ups. Everyone has their own preference. The 6-arm tree you linked, be mindful of how delicate the connection is to each arm or it may break easily, also doesn't appear there is room for more than 1 or 2 cubes. I would wonder about the drag with that design. Re the other piece, inlines have become very popular and can do wonderful diffusion w/o drag. Just be very careful putting cubes in it; they need to be small/thin enough to clear the bend in the neck so sometimes need to be melted down a bit. If there is a contest between the glass at that bend (which is probably weaker) and a cube, the cube will win. Just my :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

CutePanda

CutePanda,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm looking to get rid of my tubing finally. Are you pleased with this tubing?

Yes, I'm very pleased with it. It is the perfect size to easily for the EQ's glass pieces (mouthpiece and elbows). It fits snug, but comes off with just a little manipulation. I highly recommend it.

Stu,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Hello all. First post, looooong time lurker. So after many ups and downs and countless hours of research (yes I read all the pages in this thread), I decided to go with the EQ. Since you guys already covered everything, I only have a question on the authenticity of the ones on Ebay. Not too worried about warranty if it's half price, times are hard. I am worried about knock-offs though. Lwein had posted a link in another forum to them.
Now the guy on Ebay (he's not Rubbery), swears he gets them from an authorized dealer. My question is, how can I tell if it's real when it gets here? I've noticed the stock picture has a blue stirrer, but some out of the box pics have an orange/yellow one. Any things I should look for?

(Would love to buy new from authorized dist., but I have never vaped before and money is tight)

Magic9,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The glass stirers are hand-blown, so they are all different. As far as knock-offs go, I have yet to hear of someone trying to sell a knock-off EQ. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

:peace:

Stu,

CutePanda

@Stu: I'm probably going to order that same tubing or the 3350.

I got my EQV on Ebay from rubber mid January and it's given me 0 problems thus far. Anyone know if rubber is an authorized reseller now? I've been under the assumption that I have no warranty.

CutePanda,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Alight, so the guy sold out. While waiting to hear when he would get more in (has them now), I researched the HA a little more. Yes I read that thread too, and the HA vs. EQ one also. I posted my indecisiveness here though, since this is the thread that convinced me to start vaping. I'd like to hear from people that own or tried both but all opinions welcome.

I can get both roughly the same price. HA w/ warranty, EQ w/o warranty. My only vaping exp. was a glass dome type (very horrible). Now I'm bouncing back and forth between these two. I think I'd whip (EQ) or direct draw (HA) in daytime, bags at night. I'm not clumsy so glass doesn't bother me.

I guess my question comes down to, if you guys were shopping today, what would you buy? And why?

Magic9,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I went thru quite a bit of back and forth between the Q & HA myself (& dabuddah). Read a good bit of those threads, too. All I had tried was a friend's DBV and a box-whip I had. I went with the Q for a few reasons, and am really glad I did. But, I still haven't run across an HA.

The biggest decider for me on the Q was versatility. Very easy hookup to glass accessories and even includes 2 18.8 to tube elbows (1 whip/1bag). I really like the way it does bags too, but haven't had much experience besides this. People complain about no valve on bag. Really no big and there are a few fixes here if it may be a problem. Or, just hook up to your favorite glass piece and let the water seal it.

I don't find the Q's glass to be as fragile as some have, but I try to be careful with it. I use a wider silicone whip & it can do huge clouds depending on how you set up and use it. Digital is nice to have, too. Not that it tells you what the exact vaping temp is, but it is consistent. So every time you set it to 200, it is the same temp (whether that's really 200, 194 or whatever else).

I got mine a few month's ago from VapeWorld w/discount on the retailer page for a good price & full warranty. HA would probably be about same (and I still haven't tried 1!), but seemed to me the Q was better bang for the buck.

flotntoke,
Hello all. New to forum and new to vaping.
Took the leap a few weeks back and got me the EQ. LOVE it.

HOWEVER, the past couple of weeks, I am not getting the good juicy vape I got the 1st 2 weeks in.

I was able to elbow pack a small amt of mids, vape at 195 or so and get some nice hits.

Past week or 2 the quality of the vape and high is no where near as good even using more.

Even when I bump the temps up a bit it just isn't performing like it used to.
I can def tell when I turn the temp up and it burns hotter then 195 (judging by taste), so I do not think it is a heating element issue. Buds r the same.

The ONLY difference is my elbow and tubing do have a decent buildup of honey and resin. but no where near to the extent of clogging up.
Brand new elbow screen and using other cyclone bowl made no difference.

I am at a loss for why my vaping experience just isnt like it was for the 1st couple of weeks.

mikeyboynj,

oldiebutgoodie

Magic9 said:
Alight, so the guy sold out. While waiting to hear when he would get more in (has them now), I researched the HA a little more. Yes I read that thread too, and the HA vs. EQ one also. I posted my indecisiveness here though, since this is the thread that convinced me to start vaping. I'd like to hear from people that own or tried both but all opinions welcome.

I can get both roughly the same price. HA w/ warranty, EQ w/o warranty. My only vaping exp. was a glass dome type (very horrible). Now I'm bouncing back and forth between these two. I think I'd whip (EQ) or direct draw (HA) in daytime, bags at night. I'm not clumsy so glass doesn't bother me.

I guess my question comes down to, if you guys were shopping today, what would you buy? And why?

My comments would echo @flotntoke's. I haven't used an HA, so I can't make a hands-on comparison. But I am obsessively analytical about a decision like this, so I read - no, studied - everything I could find about both.

The Q's versatility was a major factor for me precisely because of my lack of experience, yet my demand for the best fit for me - somewhat of a Catch-22, i.e., without experience I couldn't know what would be best without experimenting. Something important that I discovered was that while there are several basic methods (bag vs whip vs fan assist), there are a number of additional (and not trivial) ways to enhance those methods. For example, I discovered that water filtration and cooling was even more important to me than I had thought, and consequently I really like how easy it is to set up the Q's whip or bag to work with my glass (which with the bag acts as a valve, and with the whip I can on one hand draw on a short length for bigger pulls or on the other hand use the fan to push the vapor through the entire whip length into the glass which provides max cooling while being easier to pull; I really like the GonG flexiblity). Additionally, the remote with its digital temp and fan controls, was also a surprise - really adds to the ease-of-use and even safety. My point is that the Q can be pretty much configured to do anything you might want, except for . . .

The multiple-bags-in-a-group scene. You indicated you would be a whip/direct guy user, so this may not matter much, but I'm including it because I think that the bag is the major distinction between the machines. IMO, the HA has 2 advantages, and I'm not certain about the second one. First, it has the external pump while the Q uses a fan. Now, the Q's fan is a Delta; that's excellent quality and it has 3 good speeds. But the HA has that external pump which can blow up 3 or even 5 bags at once. The 2nd advantage, which is related, is that the HA can process herb a bit more thoroughly, without even needing to grind. But some claim that this comes at the cost of higher temps, with the crucible getting so hot that the herb continues to "cook" after the airflow is turned off. Clearly the HA's powered jets airflow virtually obliterates the herb, but I'm not sure I would like that if using direct draw or even the whip (due to the extra heat and dryness).

Both the HA and Q's bag attachment (the Q with the o-rings over a glass mouthpiece and the HA with the radiator clamp over a plastic mouthpiece) are not the easiest to work with. It takes a while to get the hang of the Q's o-ring. Personally, I would lean towards the Q's glass. I don't like the HA's radiator clamp, the plastic mouthpiece even less. For that matter, while the Q being glass may (the glass is sturdy) require a bit of extra care, I don't like HA's plastic nor teflon tubes.

So the short of it, just speaking for myself of course, is that were I a group bag guy, I would have probably gone with the HA. However, being a solo bag guy (only occasionally), I'm very happy with the Q. But since you indicate you would use the whip, IMO in this respect the Q is better (do yourself a favor though, and switch to silicone tubing).

Finally, let me just add that whatever you decide, be patient with the device and yourself. If you went through the threads, no doubt you noticed how many questions are asked after the user has had the machine for all of a week or two. While there are variations in combusting too, there are many more so with vaping so it can take a while to find exactly what you like best - for some users this is an evolving (and fun) process. I've had my Q for months, and I'm still learning new ways to use it, along with other aspects I was unaware of before, such as fun with glass (although this can get expensive!), ABV tinctures, etc.

So . . . the short answer to your question is, I would buy the Q again. The above is why.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: It occurred to me there is another plus that's unique to the HA, related to its using a pump rather than a fan. It would seem that this is not a big deal to most users (or maybe its just that few know about it). Whatever, of course all that matters is what's important to you. So, I've read that the pump is strong enough to push the vapor through a glass piece's water chamber, which would make the draw easier. This isn't a black-or-white thing. How this works will depend upon factors such as tubing ID, length of tubing, volume of water, method of diffusion, etc. So the pushing will vary depending on setup. But I thought that should be mentioned.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

mikeyboynj said:
Hello all. New to forum and new to vaping.
Took the leap a few weeks back and got me the EQ. LOVE it.

HOWEVER, the past couple of weeks, I am not getting the good juicy vape I got the 1st 2 weeks in.

I was able to elbow pack a small amt of mids, vape at 195 or so and get some nice hits.

Past week or 2 the quality of the vape and high is no where near as good even using more.

Even when I bump the temps up a bit it just isn't performing like it used to.
I can def tell when I turn the temp up and it burns hotter then 195 (judging by taste), so I do not think it is a heating element issue. Buds r the same.

The ONLY difference is my elbow and tubing do have a decent buildup of honey and resin. but no where near to the extent of clogging up.
Brand new elbow screen and using other cyclone bowl made no difference.

I am at a loss for why my vaping experience just isnt like it was for the 1st couple of weeks.

This is one of those questions that is very difficult to respond to, given the potential number of variables and not seeing the situation first-hand.

Offhand I can only think of a few things: 1st, there can be variability in the plant material. If you have an airtight stash container, you might try grinding a week's worth or so to even out the blending. 2nd, it's possible you've inadvertently altered your technique; so e.g. you might want to use the whip on Fan 1 with carefully controlled re-breathing so that each session is exactly the same. 3rd (and I suspect most likely), is that build-up. Users notice a difference between 1/4" ID vs 5/16" ID vs 3/8" tubing even though the ID's are only 1/16" apart. If you haven't already, you might try switching now to silicone; it's much easier to work with than the Q's stock PVC. I would do that and ISO the glass.

Good luck.

oldiebutgoodie,
First post here on FC, been reading the forum for about a month and had the extreme Q for 2 months.. Love it, can't think of any complaints to be honest. Just recently hooked it up to a $50 bong with a 3 Arm tree and man is it awesome...any other fans of the vape/bong experience?

SirVap3Alot,

oldiebutgoodie

SirVap3Alot said:
First post here on FC, been reading the forum for about a month and had the extreme Q for 2 months.. Love it, can't think of any complaints to be honest. Just recently hooked it up to a $50 bong with a 3 Arm tree and man is it awesome...any other fans of the vape/bong experience?

Yes, a lot of fans. Search for topics with "bong" in the title, and you'll see quite a few threads. I think the "customized vape setups" probably has the most discussion re using bongs (and bubblers), although you'll also find that in each vaporizer's individual thread (like this one). There are so many different types of glass and ways to use it, really takes some time to find and read up on them all.

oldiebutgoodie,
quick question,just got my extreme q off ebay for $135.does it come in a plain cardboard box?looks new to me,but i think i saw a pic somewhere that had pictures on outside of box u know like any other product.

vettesnvapor,

KeepItLit

new here, and didnt feel like readin through the whole thread. but what would guys prefer to use to stop the vapor from coming out of the bag?

KeepItLit,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Thank you very much oldiebutgoodie and flotntoke (love the avi pic).

KeepitLit: You really should read the thread. Tons of useful info. There was a video that I faved where the guy used a sports bottle cap (flip up sipper type)from Walmart that I would use if I got the EQ, but the link i had for it doesn't work now.

If anybody is interested, I posted some questions in another thread (seemed a better place, since I asked multiple questions).
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5246

Magic9,
Top Bottom