The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
I used to have a box style vape but didnt really like it. Hopefully this will change my mind.
It'll probably depend on why you didn't like the box vape. If you got good vapor production and weren't happy, you may be disappointed. Vaporization is a pretty simple process, and any number of different models should do the trick. If it was the ergonomics you didn't like, you may well like the E better.

max,

Thomas437

max said:
I used to have a box style vape but didnt really like it. Hopefully this will change my mind.
It'll probably depend on why you didn't like the box vape. If you got good vapor production and weren't happy, you may be disappointed. Vaporization is a pretty simple process, and any number of different models should do the trick. If it was the ergonomics you didn't like, you may well like the E better.

It was an extremely cheap vape that i had. It would combust more than it would vape. And my E just got here, gotta start it up and then pack a bowl after the chemicals burn off

Thomas437,

geddylee

Hello all.
Been on this site for the past week reading all the posts (information overload!) and finally got around to sign up and post my own.
First I wanted to say how much I learned from reading all your posts on here! So much great info for a first time vap-virgin. I have never used a vaporizer before but have been dating Mary Jane since I was 14 and now 28 years later (that would make me 42, WOW time flies when you are having fun!) I just bought my 1st vaporizer.
Always wanted to try it and reap the health/cost benefits!
So I am sitting at home waiting patiently for my brand new Extreme Q to come and just wanted to find out if I got a good deal and ordered the right accessories for a nice setup?
1. Extreme Q with all accessory pack and extra balloons from VapeWorld (ordered on Amazon) for $204.48 shipped to my door.
2. Grinder from Merchants USA Wholesale (ordered on Amazon) for $20.98 shipped.
3. Tuff Bowl from Vaporizer King (ordered on Amazon) for $21.58 shipped.
4. AquaVape from Vapor Store for $69.54 shipped.
5. Replacement tubing (Tygon Sanitary Silicone 3350) from US Plastics (10ft.) for $29.09 shipped.
Can't wait to start experimenting with this setup and find my optimal heat setting.
After hearing all the good bong stories on here I will eventually have to buy one and find out for myself how good that is.
Thanks for all the good advice and I will post once my first "flight" takes off.:brow:

geddylee,

Hery Vappy

I just entered the vape world 2 months ago ater 20 years of combustion. Itd be shocked if you don't love it.

Hery Vappy,

geddylee

Me again.
Just got my Extreme Q in the mail!! :)
Unpacked, opened and did the start-up burn off.
I noticed the tubing size was marked different then what people were saying on here.
I ordered 1/4 ID x 3/8 OD x 1/16 but when i looked at the stock tubing it is marked 5/16 ID x 7/16 OD? I hope the replacement tubing I ordered will fit?
Also was thinking about ordering the Dual Screen Handkit Vapor Whip from VaporTower.com. Was wondering if anybody has this and how it works?
So far I am very impressed with the craftsmenship and look of this vaporizer and all the extra accessories it comes with!
Can't wait for the first burn!

geddylee,

Theo

geddylee said:
Me again.
Just got my Extreme Q in the mail!! :)
Unpacked, opened and did the start-up burn off.
I noticed the tubing size was marked different then what people were saying on here.
I ordered 1/4 ID x 3/8 OD x 1/16 but when i looked at the stock tubing it is marked 5/16 ID x 7/16 OD? I hope the replacement tubing I ordered will fit?
Also was thinking about ordering the Dual Screen Handkit Vapor Whip from VaporTower.com. Was wondering if anybody has this and how it works?
So far I am very impressed with the craftsmenship and look of this vaporizer and all the extra accessories it comes with!
Can't wait for the first burn!

It seems that they have changed what tubing they've been using. I'm using the exact tubing you bought, but by the looks of it it might not fit your EQ sadly.

Theo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The stock 1/4" I.D. stock tubing that came with my EQ is too small to allow glass pieces (elbows & mouthpieces) to come on and off easily. I had to cut my tubing to get the glass pieces off. It only makes sense that someone at Arizer realized this and began to use the 5/16 tubing instead. I bought the 5/16 replacement tubing myself and it is much easier to use now.

Stu,

Theo

I've bought 2 new elbow's in the past month (my roommate has been clumsy) and my 1/4" ID tubing I have fits it perfectly just like before.

Theo,

T.H SEE

a rare quite bad extreme q review!

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-The-Ex...?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

i read this review on amazon where someone's internal glass parts broke on their extreme q and when s/he tried to get a replacement it turned out the warrenty didn't cover the glass parts.

What does everyone think of this review, the buyer says that this is a potential design flaw in all extreme q's and that they're all at risk of this fault occuring.

here's a sample:

"The glass is just too thin, and the heating element heats up and cools down so fast (which otherwise would be awesome), that after the pieces start to get a little sticky from vapor, the brittle glass just cracks. And when this time does come, Arizer will inform you that glass parts are not covered under warranty" and "If this (glass) sheave breaks, then the stream of hot air from the fan is interrupted and the unit is useless"

What does everyone think of this? you think this is a freak happening or a risk you take with getting an extreme q? i hope this issue sparks up some debate ;)

i am in the process of researching and buying a vape and extreme q caught my interest, this has put me off along with another review i saw of a plastic taste and smell that wouldn't go away (can link if required). however so far out of hundreds of customers i have only seen two that are unhappy.

T.H SEE,

chucku

Charles Urbane
T.H SEE said:
a rare quite bad extreme q review!

http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-The-Ex...?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

i read this review on amazon where someone's internal glass parts broke on their extreme q and when s/he tried to get a replacement it turned out the warrenty didn't cover the glass parts.

What does everyone think of this review, the buyer says that this is a potential design flaw in all extreme q's and that they're all at risk of this fault occuring.

here's a sample:

"The glass is just too thin, and the heating element heats up and cools down so fast (which otherwise would be awesome), that after the pieces start to get a little sticky from vapor, the brittle glass just cracks. And when this time does come, Arizer will inform you that glass parts are not covered under warranty" and "If this (glass) sheave breaks, then the stream of hot air from the fan is interrupted and the unit is useless"

What does everyone think of this? you think this is a freak happening or a risk you take with getting an extreme q? i hope this issue sparks up some debate ;)

i am in the process of researching and buying a vape and extreme q caught my interest, this has put me off along with another review i saw of a plastic taste and smell that wouldn't go away (can link if required). however so far out of hundreds of customers i have only seen two that are unhappy.

In the 1 1/2 years I have had my E v 3.0 the only glass to break was an elbow. And that was when I was removing the stock tubing from the elbow. The 1/4" id silicone tubing works fine since it is much more elastic. Also if you have any plastic taste with the stock tubing, you will not with silicone.

chucku,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
that person is a retard. how about you clean the glass when it gets sticky?
sometimes glass breaks. if your the type of person that can handle owning a glass bong, your Q will be fine. if the heater cover does break it costs like $20 for a new one. there is a vid now a few pages back detailing how to take it apart and replace it

Persona Non Grata,

T.H SEE

thanks, i thought it was worth putting this complaint to you guys, its the only real one I've seen that may bring the design in to question, not owning one it's hard to know if this is a design flaw or just someone being stupid.

T.H SEE,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The review is basically correct although it is an overreaction. The glass heater cover is the weakest point of the Arizer design and it is not covered by warranty. I thought the latter point was clarified in the printed material that came with my Extreme but I no longer have that.

By no means will every heater cover break but they do break easily if mishandled, especially when hot and when pieces stick. It's true that they aren't expensive and the user can replace one without too much difficulty. Once the heater cover has broken you can't use the unit until it is repaired, but it certainly doesn't render it permanently unusable.

This shouldn't stop you from buying an EQ. It is a fine vaporizer, more versatile than most, and an excellent choice for a first vape. You just need to be careful handling it, particularly when hot. Lots of vaporizers have parts that are equally or even more delicate.

pakalolo,

thedeserttortoise

that after the pieces start to get a little sticky from vapor, the brittle glass just cracks. .....

Wow! How does this moron end up getting her vapor path to reverse itself back down the pipe? This is a dysfunctional person who should stay away from any thing that might alter her fragile mental state as it is. If she can't use the extreme she shouldn't be allowed to have a pack of match's either. Yes all... things do break. But what this woman is describing just doesn't make sense. She just handled the bowl a little to roughly and is blaming the mfg. The hardest part for this woman to fix is the piece that rests between her ears....

Edit.. somewhere back in this thread you will see an inverted tower or q being used to feed a bong. I read the piece and whoever it was had no problems. Yes, the ceramic cover is delicate... but I have handed my tower v3 around the room as the whip was to short and haven't had a single issue.... other than someone zoning out and not passing it friggin back... buy it, check out the thin glass that covers the heater, and then treat it accordingly. If you use it as a gavel.... buy a log vape instead. If you have no experience with glass joints and their idiosyncrasy's... buy a Vapor Genie. I have all the aforementioned. Love em all. It's just that each one has it's place. If your really clumsy or heavy-handed... maybe the Extreme is the wrong choice. If you can manage washing dish's without breaking all the glass's... your probably ready for an Extreme... makes the dish's more fun to wash too.... Tortoise

Another edit... As to the plastic taste and smell.... my tubing when it was brand new and had not been vaped from emitted a bit of a odor.... but heck. Every vape I've ever bought that had a whip did too. I think I have read a post or two that complained of getting some kind of odor and taste from the electrical components being in the intake path of the airway... well, I've had my tower about two years now. No bad odors, no unusual tastes, and the glass heat shield is the original. Its a really well designed vape that maintains its temperature better than most, and provides both a whip and bag system. I've forgotten what the warranty period is because this vape is so well built that I've never had anything break on it.....just get it and enjoy....Tortoise

thedeserttortoise,
Okay I might have an issue with my EQ unit. A couple of times now I will be in the middle of a session and I look at the display....suddenly the temperature has dropped dramatically to a random number, or risen. Last night the temp jumped to 160, all of a sudden I had the popcorn taste going. So far this is not a big problem I just turn the temp back where I want it and all is good. But I am wondering if my unit is going to croak on me. Honestly I would probably buy another one right away. This thing is legit. Anyone heard of this problem?

luvnthevapor,

ttb3

luvnthevapor said:
Okay I might have an issue with my EQ unit. A couple of times now I will be in the middle of a session and I look at the display....suddenly the temperature has dropped dramatically to a random number, or risen. Last night the temp jumped to 160, all of a sudden I had the popcorn taste going. So far this is not a big problem I just turn the temp back where I want it and all is good. But I am wondering if my unit is going to croak on me. Honestly I would probably buy another one right away. This thing is legit. Anyone heard of this problem?

I had the same problem. I emailed arizer and they said that it was probably due to interfering signals from other remotes. I never could figure out which buttons on my tv remote were causing it to happen though. It only happens once every couple weeks or so for me.

ttb3,

thedeserttortoise

Wow. I would call them again.... both of you have a valid complaint there. I have remotes for my AC, ceiling fans, about 8 piece's of stereo equipment, and two TV's. That isn't right. I have my tower smack dab in the middle of all this stuff and it doesn't do that.. and that's something I certainly wouldn't like it to be doing either. Not for the money.. and not for the reputation either. Hell yea... give them a call and let them know.

thedeserttortoise,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
ttb3 said:
luvnthevapor said:

I had the same problem. I emailed arizer and they said that it was probably due to interfering signals from other remotes. I never could figure out which buttons on my tv remote were causing it to happen though. It only happens once every couple weeks or so for me.

I have the same issue...Vizio tv, when using the volume up and down...and my durabrand (walmart) home theatre system, seems to be affected almost constantly by the EQ's remote. whenever I use the EQ remote, the home theatre systems comes on, or turns off, switches inputs, volume levels, etc...

Purpl3_Haz3,
ttb3 said:
luvnthevapor said:

Okay that might make sense actually. This issue seems to happen much more frequently when I am in front of my t.v. where I have 3+ remotes , as opposed to my desk where the Q usually resides.

luvnthevapor,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
thedeserttortoise said:
Wow. I would call them again.... both of you have a valid complaint there. I have remotes for my AC, ceiling fans, about 8 piece's of stereo equipment, and two TV's. That isn't right. I have my tower smack dab in the middle of all this stuff and it doesn't do that.. and that's something I certainly wouldn't like it to be doing either. Not for the money.. and not for the reputation either. Hell yea... give them a call and let them know.

Not so much something that can be fixed...think of it like a radio station in a big city. It should come in clear but chances are, the more stations there are the more likely the chance of interference. It would be impossible to expect every IR controlled device on the market to have different IR codes....it's inevitable that some things will end up with similar codes... :/

Purpl3_Haz3,

ttb3

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
thedeserttortoise said:

Not so much something that can be fixed...think of it like a radio station in a big city. It should come in clear but chances are, the more stations there are the more likely the chance of interference. It would be impossible to expect every IR controlled device on the market to have different IR codes....it's inevitable that some things will end up with similar codes... :/

That's kind of what the guy's response was when I wrote in to Arizer. I'm pretty sure sending it back and getting a new one wouldn't help much. Oh well. Still love the thing!

ttb3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
chucku said:
Purpl3_Haz3 wrote:
thedeserttortoise wrote:
Not so much something that can be fixed...think of it like a radio station in a big city. It should come in clear but chances are, the more stations there are the more likely the chance of interference. It would be impossible to expect every IR controlled device on the market to have different IR codes....it's inevitable that some things will end up with similar codes...
That's kind of what the guy's response was when I wrote in to Arizer. I'm pretty sure sending it back and getting a new one wouldn't help much. Oh well. Still love the thing!

The old 'fat' psp (playstation portable) can be hacked to run home brew(custom software not normally allowed by Sony) and has an IR port that can be accessed with said home brew apps. I have one, and have captured the codes from my EQ's remote...I rarely use the stock remote, except when I'm using the psp for games.

Something that someone here might be interested in, where it seems like the EQ is a popular Desk top Vape, is a 3.5mm IR dongle...can be found via google, I'll link one later...essentially it plugs into a regular headphone jack on a PC, mp3 player, cell phone, etc...then using software found for free on the web, one can 'capture' codes by pointing any remote at the IRdongle in the pc, and then save these codes with said program. The codes can also be saved as audio files, and then stored and played on ipods, cell phones, etc with the IRdongle plugged in. Tis makes anything that can store mp3 files, and that has a standard sized headphone jack a universal remote...

If anyone is interested in this, i can provide more info, or one on one support for specific devices, etc.

Purpl3_Haz3,

thedeserttortoise

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
thedeserttortoise said:

Yea.. I think your right on it. I guess I just lucked out with no interference. I do have one mini disc remote that conflicts with another mini disk player.. I've just learned to turn one off while I'm using the other. Just a bunch of signals looking for somewhere to go like you said...good analogy.

thedeserttortoise,
Top Bottom