The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hereatlast

max my girl kept rolling her eyes at all the glass until she tried it (and felt it), now she can't go back to hitting the PD regularly. :lol:

hereatlast,

Shiz

SourJim said:
SourJim said:
ok i want a smaller cyclone bowl who an help?
no one ?
I wasn't about to go through this thread to find it for you since I've read this whole thread already but if you go back a few weeks there was a guy who got one custom made. That's probably the best way to go about it but it might also depend on if you want it shorter or narrower.

Shiz,

gim

I Was the guy who had a custom one made, and I love the first revision. I have not done a full write up on it because my camera is dead and I have been distracted with the MFLB.

I already had contacted the glass blower about revision 2.0 but never followed up.

gim,

Theo

I FINALLY got new tubing and found out an easy trick to remove the original tubing from the elbow. I just took the cyclone bowl off, turned up the heat on the EQ, turned on fan 3, and put the elbow part with the tubing on it right above it and let it heat it and it came off really easily! Just though i'd pass that little tidbit on!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Theo said:
I FINALLY got new tubing and found out an easy trick to remove the original tubing from the elbow. I just took the cyclone bowl off, turned up the heat on the EQ, turned on fan 3, and put the elbow part with the tubing on it right above it and let it heat it and it came off really easily! Just though i'd pass that little tidbit on!

Neat trick! I thought I was being clever dragging out a hair dryer to do the same thing. Never occurred to me to use the vaporizer itself.

pakalolo,

Pappy

shmaporist
pakalolo said:
Theo said:

Neat trick! I thought I was being clever dragging out a hair dryer to do the same thing. Never occurred to me to use the vaporizer itself.
Get some 7th Floor tubing and you won't have to hassle.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone! My EQ should be here Monday or Tuesday and I can't wait. I currently own a Hotbox vape, so I am not new to vaping.

So, I have read most of this thread over the last few days. Read so much my eyes hurt, hehe. I still have a question or two, and an idea.

My question is about Gong adapters for bongs. I have a Gear bong that I love. It's glass on glass and it is the smaller diameter glass. It seems there are two types of glass on glass- the ones with larger holes and the smaller holes. So my question is- what Gong fitting do I need to get for the smaller diameter bong? I don't know what the actual number of the diameter is. Is there a good link to a supplier? I believe you can buy one through the EQ site (or an EQ distributed), but again, I just don't know the correct size.

My idea is to put all of the pertinent info on the EQ in a thread, or at the end of this thread. By that I mean things like:
Best replacement whips
Best replacement cyclone bowl
Tips on using the elbow with the whip
Temperature tips
Using the vape with a glass on glass bong
Etc.

The reason I am proposing this is because this thread is so damn long, it is hard to find this specific, important info.

Anyway, cant wait to get the EQ and to become part of this community. You guys seem so helpful and knowledgable here, as well as devoted to the EQ.

Tstat,

Shiz

Sounds like you need a 14mm adapter but you can just measure the diameter of the opening and find out for sure.

I agree that a lot of research is needed for those not familiar with vapes and bongs. Good idea about the new thread just for accessories and tips since there's a lot of mixed up stuff in here.

Shiz,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, thanks! I'll try to measure it to be sure. 14 MM is .55 inches, I think. And I would love to see a thread dedicated to improving the EQ, EQ tips, and better replacement ideas. Since this is only my second post, I don't want to step on any toes by starting it. In the meantime I am going to search around and gather info into a document, wait for my EQ to come, and see what others think about this...

Tstat,

Egzoset

Banned
Pardon me if i'm wrong, i'm still deeply entrenched into the learning process but i think what is refered to as being 14 mm actually corresponds to 5/8" exactly. It seems to me that those odd numbers which float around result from conversion between two measuring systems but i could be mistaking. Yet, i don't know if that's only a coincidence but i'd say that 9mm = 3/8", 20mm = 3/4", 40mm = 1", etc. I think the magic key is "GonG Joint" when searching on Google but it's not working very well for me. Perhaps someone here can provide more accurate details.

Egzoset,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, mine is about 1/2 inch. I used an online convertor that told me 14mm is equal to .55 inches. I assume there are only 2 basic sizes- mine and the larger one. That is what I have seen, anyway.

Tstat,

gim

Tstat said:
My idea is to put all of the pertinent info on the EQ in a thread, or at the end of this thread. By that I mean things like:
Best replacement whips
Temperature tips
Etc.

Any key components like this should really be documented on the Vaporpedia page. Embedded in that page is also another article for how to use the EQ.

Keep in mind just as there is no 'best' vaporizer, there typically won't be a 'best' replacement whip or bowl. I would use the term 'good' as any value on the replacement products is going to be opinion.

gim,

hereatlast

Ezoset, GonG joints are most commonly 14mm and 18mm. In reality I think the measurement is 14.4mm and 18.8mm respectively, I could be wrong. I've even seen people refer to 19mm joints which are widely called 18mm.

In any case, you shouldn't have any trouble finding 14mm and 18mm joints online.

hereatlast,

Theo

Tstat said:
Hi everyone! My EQ should be here Monday or Tuesday and I can't wait. I currently own a Hotbox vape, so I am not new to vaping.

So, I have read most of this thread over the last few days. Read so much my eyes hurt, hehe. I still have a question or two, and an idea.

My question is about Gong adapters for bongs. I have a Gear bong that I love. It's glass on glass and it is the smaller diameter glass. It seems there are two types of glass on glass- the ones with larger holes and the smaller holes. So my question is- what Gong fitting do I need to get for the smaller diameter bong? I don't know what the actual number of the diameter is. Is there a good link to a supplier? I believe you can buy one through the EQ site (or an EQ distributed), but again, I just don't know the correct size.

Best replacement whips
Temperature tips
Etc.

The reason I am proposing this is because this thread is so damn long, it is hard to find this specific, important info.

Anyway, cant wait to get the EQ and to become part of this community. You guys seem so helpful and knowledgable here, as well as devoted to the EQ.

I have been using my EQ since the beginning of the summer and I JUST got replacement tubing. I'm using Silcon Tubing: 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=36286

I haven't replaced the cyclone bowl. I don't hate it all that much, I just don't really use it all that often. I use it when I do bags but mainly I'm just doing elbow packs. If I want to smoke more than just an elbow pack I'll fill the cyclone bowl up. I just stir it after I turn the temperature up.

The screens that come with the EQ fit into the elbow perfectly. The 'elbow pack' is just packing that little screen which fits ~.2g(or something like that). It's really simple as you can just vacuum up your herbs and then pack down lightly with your pinky and ta-da! You have a perfectly packed bowl!

It varies based on each unit. Don't look at the temperature as temperature, look at it just as a number setting. I usually start at 190, then move up to 210, then sometimes 230. Other times(when I'm using the EQ through my bong or the bud I have isn't as amazing as usual) I start at 200 then move up to 220.

There are 2 main joint sizes for GonG's, 14.4mm and 18.8mm(as others have already said). The GonG joints on the EQ are 18.8mm. I bought an adapter on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/60371972/vaporizer-adapter-to-joint-fitting-14s that works really well.

Hope this helps!

Theo,

Egzoset

Banned
Finding the joints is relatively easy, it's the explanation for those mm numbers i can't find!

I thought i had a simple one and now i'm not so sure it makes any sense...

Egzoset,

Theo

Egzoset said:
Finding the joints is relatively easy, it's the explanation for those mm numbers i can't find!

I thought i had a simple one and now i'm not so sure it makes any sense...

I think the 14.4mm joint means the joint has an inner diameter of 14.4mm(or .567").

Theo,

Egzoset

Banned
All i know is that my initial impression about the origin of those numbers is probably wrong.

9/16" = 0.5625" = 14.29mm not 14.4mm
5/8" = 0.625" = 15.75mm (idem, even less!)

3/4" = 0.75" = 19.1mm not 18.8mm

Something doesn't fit.

Egzoset,

Theo

Egzoset said:
All i know is that my initial impression about the origin of those numbers is probably wrong.

9/16" = 0.5625" = 14.29mm not 14.4mm
5/8" = 0.625" = 15.75mm (idem, even less!)

3/4" = 0.75" = 19.1mm not 18.8mm

Something doesn't fit.

Why are you so set on those measurements? I'm pretty sure the right measurements are the ones in mm(14.4 and 18.8) not what you're using in inches. The difference is ~.06"(14.4mm=.567) which isn't a massive change.

Theo,

Egzoset

Banned
I'm trying to understand how it was decided that 14.4mm, 18.8mm etc. were the correct measurements to use.

Egzoset,

Pappy

shmaporist
Egzoset said:
I'm trying to understand how it was decided that 14.4mm, 18.8mm etc. were the correct measurements to use.
Nomenclature. I can convert anything on my iPhone. If you'd like me to convert something let me know.

Pappy,

gim

Egzoset said:

Because millimeters are used in the scientific fields and are much more proper?

offtopic: I just recently fired up my EQ again for the first time in over a month. I forgot how amazing this thing was.

It was kind of gross, I ran it at 230C for a while to burn off dust. It stank so bad.

gim,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
U been just LBing for a few months? The Q really packed a wholop after i had done a few days with the LB. Love the Q.

Mr. Smoke No More,
Top Bottom