The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

wolf torn

Alright someone needs to tell me how to really clean this fucker out

I have had it for 3 months now and after the first month something got clogged up in there, idk. Now its just horrible.

I have a compressed air can, I have tried holding it upside down and shaking it gently then blowing it with an air can or whatever

i don't know what to do

The fan doesn't even push air now, and its like a fucking workout to hit the whip. When I hit it with the bong I don't notice how freakin hard it is to hit it, but trying to just whip hit it is impossible. And I liked the feeling of the fan blowing it into your lungs

now I have to suck on it like im trying to save my life

so please

what do i have to do

I see some pictures of the thing taken apart and it scares me

also wtf could it be that would cause such a disruption, I have been very safe with it. (and its not the screens in the whip or the whip itself..... its the eq heating element

wolf torn,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
could be your screen on top of the heater cover, stuffed with crud. when mine was apart i found little pieces of vaped weed and shit in there. if the air straight into the bottom doesnt work, try just taking the bottom plate off and see if u can see the problem, if not u can spray the air closer to the heater cover, might do the trick. good luck

Mr. Smoke No More,

gim

Unless your EQ is in a really dirty environment I don't know why it would get clogged anywhere in the base of the unit. All clogging should happen at the cyclone bowl upwards. The elbow in the top of the whip really sounds like the culprit.

You could try a dry pull (with the unit powered off) from the cyclone bowl directly, or even the body of the unit to see if you can isolate where the blockage is.

gim,

wolf torn

Yes I know the process of isolating the problem, which is why I know its not the elbow or cyclone bowl

I opened up the bottom of it last night and there was some herbs that fell out of it but not much, and didn't help too much with the problem.

I remember when the fan used to push air into my lungs and I want that back so bad! With the fan on 3 it still hardly moves any air at al, still have to pull on it while the fan is on basically

wolf torn,

x-sploit

I was looking around for adapter for my bong and was looking for this http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Enlarging-A...239526955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2#ht_1911wt_908 but i also found this http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Adapter-Conn...0419388943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_500wt_928 so if you just ordered up a spare vape xhale hydratube you could be using the extreme q like the vapexhale only better
38924_414936117074_266613982074_4776110_8273798_n.jpg

Also seen this http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Adapter-Con...0419331291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_500wt_928 You prolly could be doing vape to bong using a connector like that and it would work much better

More Geniousness LOL http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Straight-Dry...00811?IMSfp=TL100811127001r6394#ht_1921wt_908

x-sploit,

Imaginationland

The first couple of months when i used my vape i would hardly have to clean the filter, herb would just get clogged in there and i would scrape it out once in a while.

Now in the last month i will clean it with alchohal (iso) and then after about 2-3 bags it gets like a sticky honey (bee honey) residue on it, and it builds up so quickly.

Any ideas why its doing this so quickly?

Like i said i can clean it and its sticky and half clogged in just a couple bags.

Thx.

ps. the filter in the elbow not the cyclone.

Imaginationland,
hi Imaginationland well if u mean the screen 4 the filter & u dont want tu clean or soak in alc call arizer 4 mor spare elbow screens :)

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Pappy

shmaporist
Imaginationland said:
The first couple of months when i used my vape i would hardly have to clean the filter, herb would just get clogged in there and i would scrape it out once in a while.

Now in the last month i will clean it with alchohal (iso) and then after about 2-3 bags it gets like a sticky honey (bee honey) residue on it, and it builds up so quickly.

Any ideas why its doing this so quickly?

Like i said i can clean it and its sticky and half clogged in just a couple bags.

Thx.

ps. the filter in the elbow not the cyclone.
Yeah, you got better herb. ;)

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Pappy, i see you got your aroma bowl in the background. Do u use it much? I tried using some cedarwood oil that rockwise shipped with my Q. Was kinda neat, cleared out my airways. Have only tried lavender and some lilac i picked besides that. I would have to say the fresh lilac was the best smelling overall so far. Anyone else tried anything they like?

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Pappy, i see you got your aroma bowl in the background. Do u use it much? I tried using some cedarwood oil that rockwise shipped with my Q. Was kinda neat, cleared out my airways. Have only tried lavender and some lilac i picked besides that. I would have to say the fresh lilac was the best smelling overall so far. Anyone else tried anything they like?
The Cyclone bowl has dibs on the heater cover if you know what I mean? ;) I do use it occasionally and enjoy it. I also use it as a cover for the Q when not in use (rarely).

Pappy,

mig

hi folks..

wanted to introduce myself and say how happy i am to have found this site.

i was a vape-virgin till about a week ago.. hopped onto an extreme-q and am having fun experimenting with it.

i've read and read tons of the great posts here.. information overload.. (happens easily to me..)

would it be ok to ask some q's that prolly have answers already here, but i haven't come across them yet..??

thanks.. and again.. nice to be here with y'all..;)

mig...

ps.. when i do a search, it just brings me to the forum where the results can be found, but not the particular posting...???

Modnote: Welcome to fc! Here are some search tips. :) http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3115

mig,

Mr. Smoke No More

In the search page, the bottom row at the far right it says 'show results as" change it from "topics" to "posts". I used to always not be able to see it for some reason. Welcome a board.

Mr. Smoke No More,

mig

Thanks guys..!!

ok, a few noobie q's and comments.. (in no particular order)

> why does the red light flash at variable speeds..
> there are a lot of posts suggesting the unit heat up for 20 minutes or so... and then baking the herb to prepare it for 5-10 minutes... yet the temp sensor on the unit indicates that it reaches the set temp quite quickly..??? ... and when baking or preparing the herb, are we not losing good vape during the wait period..??
> is the amount of thc available as vapor higher at a higher cooking temp.. does cloudy/milky vape mean more available thc..??
> if thc is the only thing being vaporized, would it not make sense that a stronger herb would produce more vape than a weaker herb..??
> if you wanted just a little hit, every 45 minutes or so.. what would you recommend ..?? leaving the unit on with cyclone bowl attached, or pulling off cyclone bowl after each hit..?? (i am finding no economy thus far.. in fact i feel like i am using more product than piping or rolling...:(
> how come sometimes i feel like i am getting a good buzz, and other times i feel like i just get quite tired...??
> any easy way to remove hosing from glass pieces (for cleaning purposes).. they seem to be inserted deeply and tightly..??
> i can't seem to 'seat' the screen very well in the cyclone bowl.. seems to big, and moves around..??

i'll start with that for now.. thanks again.. i look forward to learning more about this new delivery system...!!!!

mig...

mig,
mig try elbow pack search 4 it read the whole thread most questions alrite cut tubin off glass avoid breakin then cut gently to get vinyl off elbow o & 4 screen try pack of fine screens sit in bowl better

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
why does the red light flash at variable speeds..

the red light is on when the heater is on

there are a lot of posts suggesting the unit heat up for 20 minutes or so... and then baking the herb to prepare it for 5-10 minutes... yet the temp sensor on the unit indicates that it reaches the set temp quite quickly..??? ... and when baking or preparing the herb, are we not losing good vape during the wait period..??

I find that the unit is warm enough after 6 mins. you can get it warm even faster by turning it on max temp and/or turning the fan on. when packing the cyclone bowl (bag or whip) I let it warm up for like a minute before hitting it. elbow pack method in whip requires no preheat (maybe 5 seconds). yes if you leave it too long you will start to vape the lower temp stuff, mostly just lose flavour.

if you wanted just a little hit, every 45 minutes or so.. what would you recommend ..?? leaving the unit on with cyclone bowl attached, or pulling off cyclone bowl after each hit..?? (i am finding no economy thus far.. in fact i feel like i am using more product than piping or rolling...:(

yeah try the elbow pack method. I just leave my vape on pretty much all day , leave the cyclone bowl on to stay warm. pack an elbow whenever I want.

how come sometimes i feel like i am getting a good buzz, and other times i feel like i just get quite tired...?

are you vaping different weed? probably depends on your mood too. if Im tired and vape it can put me right into a coma.

any easy way to remove hosing from glass pieces (for cleaning purposes).. they seem to be inserted deeply and tightly..??

run hot water over it. will soften it up.

i can't seem to 'seat' the screen very well in the cyclone bowl.. seems to big, and moves around..??
trim it or bend it. it doesn't matter if its perfectly seated as long as its there.

Persona Non Grata,

gim

So I know I promised a review of a custom part I had created a while back but never got around to it.

The new reduced size bowl has been EXCELLENT, but there are a few minor problems I did not expect.
Without the heat resistant tubing on the top, It is very easy to confuse which end is the HOT end after use. Since the whole thing is so tiny it seems natural to switch the end you're holding. Bad idea when one side can be +200C. The size overall could also stand to be reduced more. Currently after using, I pretty much end up with an elbow pack of ABV.

kgqh.gif

Once I get the second version going I will make sure he makes them available for purchase.
Anyone have an idea on what could be used for the heat shrink wrap?

gim,

Pappy

shmaporist
gim said:
So I know I promised a review of a custom part I had created a while back but never got around to it.

The new reduced size bowl has been EXCELLENT, but there are a few minor problems I did not expect.
Without the heat resistant tubing on the top, It is very easy to confuse which end is the HOT end after use. Since the whole thing is so tiny it seems natural to switch the end you're holding. Bad idea when one side can be +200C. The size overall could also stand to be reduced more. Currently after using, I pretty much end up with an elbow pack of ABV.

http://www.myimgs.net/images/kgqh.gif

Once I get the second version going I will make sure he makes them available for purchase.
Anyone have an idea on what could be used for the heat shrink wrap?
Nice work, Gim! If you're getting an elbow pack of hits (3-4) why make it any smaller? When it comes to MJ guess I'm not conservative. Yesterday I got 22 rips off a Cyclone bowl and proud of it!

Pappy,
Top Bottom