The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
ya i know not to twist, read all the extreme threads. having trouble finding a good object to push with, pencil doesnt fit. u think runing a drip of iso down the bowl would hurt anything? there isnt much gunk there, but it may help a bit...

Another thought, if i can get the screen out of the cyclone i can push straight down? any ideas how to do this? not access point to get under the screen bc i got it fitting so tight

Mr. Smoke No More,

gim

You would have to remove the screen to push with the eraser.
I'm talking about putting the pencil end down through the cyclone bowl and applying gentle pressure to the element as you lift on the bowl.

I would consider the screen a loss, use the pointy end of a pencil or a paper clip and push it down in the middle, you shoudl be able to grab one of the edges as the mesh deforms and remove it.
You may need needle-nose pliers or something small to grab the edge. Plan on replacing the mesh with a fresh one from a head shop. It probably needs to be replaced anyway.

gim,

Imaginationland

When you guys tip over your q (hold it upside down) and shake it gently. Does it sound like their are pieces moving inside? as in like crumbs, (potential bud) or like glass pieces. Mine does, but i believe it always has done from the begining this but i wonder if your guys' does or not.

I have been having problems lately with my bags not creating hardly any vapor, if any at all. And it used too get me nice and high with likes 2 bags. Now, 5 bags later nothing... It is not my tolerance its just not making vapor...

And kevin from arizer said the ceramic/glass piece may be broken. But my bags used to fill nicely, and as far as im concerned its always made that noise as if there were particles of something in there.

Let me know, its a huge buzzkill being without my vape... And ive only had it like 3 months, weak...

Thanks...

Imaginationland,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
I think twisting the Cyclone when its stuck like that has resulted in a few broken heater covers. I think the cyclone being twisting won't un-stick the bond and the element will twist with the glass. I think the wiggle or slight pressure is the best approach. :2c:
@ Smoke > Hasn't happened to me -- yet -- but above is good advice. Are you lefty or righty? Lefty's tend to twist clockwise and righty's opposite. Keep in mind when untwisting. Good luck, stay patient, be gentle. ;)

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Imaginationland said:
When you guys tip over your q (hold it upside down) and shake it gently. Does it sound like their are pieces moving inside? as in like crumbs, (potential bud) or like glass pieces. Mine does, but i believe it always has done from the begining this but i wonder if your guys' does or not.

I have been having problems lately with my bags not creating hardly any vapor, if any at all. And it used too get me nice and high with likes 2 bags. Now, 5 bags later nothing... It is not my tolerance its just not making vapor...

And kevin from arizer said the ceramic/glass piece may be broken. But my bags used to fill nicely, and as far as im concerned its always made that noise as if there were particles of something in there.

Let me know, its a huge buzzkill being without my vape... And ive only had it like 3 months, weak...

Thanks...
Sounds like some debris might've been sucked by the fan through the base. That happened to me. Give a gentle blast from an air duster in the fan and the unit and turn upside down, shaking gently. It is under warranty so stay on Kevin. Good luck.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
yo peeps, need some advice. A buddy got my cyclone jammed on the unit, and i cant get it off even after letting it cool right down. Any suggestions? I been wiggling my heart out. U think its safe to put it in the fridge/freezer and u think that would help?
A thought. Give it a blast of freon from an air duster and then yank.

Pappy,

redshift

Eh... wouldn't suggest it. Canned air comes out cold. Cold will make the glass contract, you need it to expand.

Maybe a heatgun?

redshift,

Theo

So I've had my EQ for a bit now and just gotta say how much I love the thing. It's so great! Bags fill a bit slowly even on the fastest fan, but other than that this thing is just amazing! I start sessions at 190c and usually end at 230c. We just made a bunch of butter using my ABV, we'll see how strong it is soon!

Theo,

gim

I figure the type of glass we have due to it's heat resistant properties wouldn't expand or contract much when heated and cooled..

gim,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I just got my EQ4 today and was very excited to try her out. I vaped a teaspoon size hydro bud, and all I can say is holy f*ck! I was just blasted!!:o
I've smoked pot for a good 25 years, but I've never had such a nice clean potent stone as I did tonight. It lasted for a good 3hours, and best of all - No couch lock or burnout. I used the whip and took long slow hits, maybe 5 good ones. It was a creeping buzz that caught me by suprise! Wow...This Vap does a sweet job. Thanks to all the members at FC for thier usefull info and tips.:)
Tony

tonuzzi,

Bubonic

Hey guys I seem to have encountered a dilemma here :(

I lent the vape out to my friends and as they were taking out the cyclone bowl they took out the glass cover for the ceramic heater and needless to say i cant use it and there are pieces of glass still stuck in there. They agreed to buy me a new heating cover but I need a way to get in there and remove the leftover glass, How can this be done?

Bubonic,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Under the little rubber feet are the screws that hold the stainless shroud onto the base. Remove the shroud to get access to everything inside.

DeepFried,

Mr. Smoke No More

Aye aye aye. Found out why my bowl was so stuck, buddy spilled pop on the bowl, then put it back on the vape and the pop cooked into the glass joints. Ya...nightmare!!! So i took it apart and managed to seperate the bowl and heater cover using a vinegar and baking soda bath, and got the heater cover all cleaned, replaced the bowl and its back in perfect (i think) working order. Was a rough and nerve racking couple of days though. Persona non grata has some sweet pics of the unit in various stages of disassembly. Once he uploads them ill post a little tutorial on how to take the unit apart safely, and some pics so you can see the shit storm i had to deal with. Anywho out to go talk to my buddy about this incident.......

Mr. Smoke No More,
Hi im new to the forum but what i do to clean mine is number one suck the particles out of the airway of the eq4. also i turn the vape all the way up and when it gets heated up i take the tubing off the elbow it slides off nice and easy when its hott. also easier to get the honey in the tube and the elbow i use the stylus for my nintendo ds xl lmao. :lol: i was wondering anyone have any tips bout the eq4 im relatively new to vaping and combustion in general :) thanks btw today is my 18th birthday woho.

SourJim,

Mr. Smoke No More

Happy Birfday :brow: If you havent tried the "elbow pack" method i would look that up in this thread and give it a try, lots of great pics

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
SourJim said:
Hi im new to the forum but what i do to clean mine is number one suck the particles out of the airway of the eq4. also i turn the vape all the way up and when it gets heated up i take the tubing off the elbow it slides off nice and easy when its hott. also easier to get the honey in the tube and the elbow i use the stylus for my nintendo ds xl lmao. :lol: i was wondering anyone have any tips bout the eq4 im relatively new to vaping and combustion in general :) thanks btw today is my 18th birthday woho.
Happy birthday bro! Just read through this forum.

Pappy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Smoke no more, about the BHO in the Extreme... I've tried it many ways but it seems like it never really can get hot enough to work.

DeepFried,

Mr. Smoke No More

funny, i turn it down when i vape BHO to 190 generally. u elbow pack??? put a little bit of weed, then a drop of bho, then a bit more weed to hold it in, dont pack too tight. check out the last pic in post 562 on page 23. do that then put just a pinch of weed on it and "tap" it in ever so slightly. should be able to get at least a dozen or so huge hits of it. really gets ya going in the morn :o

If u don't elbow pack, just fill the bowl with herb as per usual, add a drop or 2 of BHO to the center-ish of the bowl and whip/bag away. I've done it every way and they all work well.

Mr. Smoke No More,

bumdiggy84

i came on here to tell ANYONE who maybe on the fence about geting a vap, this Q vape, or have gotten caught up in all of the politics that this discussion board brings. dont be confused w/ all the stuff u read... GET THIS PRODUCT!!

Im not an old dude, been smokin since 16, 30 now, pretty much smoked everyday but a few times when had to quit...but let me tell you, everytime im warm up my brand new BEST friend "Q", i wanna slap myself for gettin caught up in the social way of gettin stoned!!

i mean i cant believe out of the hundreds of times i smoked, i never even considered, researched, tried, had the opportunity to try, heard of (well i heard of it, but yall get the drift) vaping!!

I startin vaping w/ the ecigs first... been off them cancer sticks for 12 days now, and FEEL GREAT! if ur wondering about that... Vapor4life.com!! i tried another type before them, and then talked to someone who tried 10 different kinds of ecigs before she found VaporKing... i tried them, and its BETTER than smokin cigs... just plain better... BETTER EVERYTHING, yes everything... taste, cost, variety, and of course no muthafuckin combustion!!

anyway back to the point, I bought this thing after the ecig... my internet search had me on the Volcano... i wanted the best, which when u dont know shit about something, u start w/ the most expensive... i found this site, and what a blessing to land in this discussion, reading about the q... talkin about information overload... i read and read and read, some made since, most didn't...

thought i was ready what i needed to do after i stalked the mailman.. it was totally different from what you do when you smoke a blunt, i rarely did bongs, or bowls.... it wasnt feeling like i was gettin high, but the whole time i was gettin blasted...

LOL, my smoke bud was over, and we figured it out together, along w/ all the advise from all of u, (thanks by the way)

I had FOUR different strains one was dirt and dry, one mid grade, moist...a high grade dry, and a high grade sticky...

I have to say the dirt won! YES the dirtiest of the dirt was the best... we tried each one... at the time we couldnt figure it out...

now that i look back 3 days later... IT was like we were gettin high right away, but was denyin it physically, b/c we werent physically gettin high like we normally do, so we keep vapin...

and we were doin it wrong and right at the same time... wrong temp, fan too high, too much weed, not enough, too packed, to loose...elbow, bowl...BOTH! lol... we did every combination possible...

but now i have it for the most part! thanks again to all of you, and understanding that there are enough variables w/ vaping for everyone to have a certain way to vape... the strain and condition of ur goods is enought right there...

so u when u get the q, u WILL get high, even the wrong ways, but guess what, IT ONLY GETS BETTER!! I, now 3 days later, am completely vaked of of like .25 of dirt mixed w/ good! LOL .... I did a bowl...no no let me break it down for a noob, or potential noob...

first time let unit warm up to like 220-230c for 20 min.... drop down to 200c, when u get good and depending on ur herb, u can go lower, (the lowest ive gotten vape was 190, but im still learnin everytime, and im determinded to get Mr. NO SMOKE temps! (even tho i think u got some supa fire, cuz i read u said u vape starting at 165-170 once! i get nothing but taste when i tried that lol...

IMPORTANT...you'll find that some herb has to "perculate" BEFORE you can vape it! .. so now u got the Q ready put in like half a bowl full or less ( i use this b/c again ur type of herb will eventually cause variations to ur temp and amount.. so use half full, i put it in use the butt of stirrer to pack it (not hard) then i stir a little again, then one last soft pack w/ butt while i draw I've had herb that i had to perculate, some i didnt, the better the herb the quicker the vape i've found...

so back to my .25... i think i have this vaping thing down pretty good now..and my preference... Is AN ELBOW WHIP!! its the most EFFECIENT, yet more work, but I am as high as ive ever been, and now im usin less than a 1/4 of what i would use to get high once ( and i smoked at least 2 blunts a day) and im str8 for the whole day!!

I mean i can literally get stoned on about .5 a day!! but it will be more LOL....we'll just double it to a gram, b/c i had no idea how much more economical this is..IM GOING TO BE HIGHER FOR CHEAPER...YEAH!. i got on it for the health, but its the best thing i have came across EVER.... MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!! I NO LONGER COMBUTST MY ADDICTIONS!! FUCK COMBUSSSTTIIONNN!!!! LOL

anyways, wanted to throw my lil post on here... mainly for the NOOBIES!!! GET THE Q, get a tuff bowl, a nice grinder comes with it...thats enough to have you completely hooked, then you'll order all the other accessories...

bumdiggy84,

bumdiggy84

ur right No Smoke! Thanks for pointing out that i was in the wrong thread! lol was so vaked that day just decided to send a message to the wrong thread to potential Q purchasers lol...

i haven't combusted anything in 10 days now and absolutley lovin it... especially being able to taste foods better, and my smell has gotten better too...

i decided to repost to the people i was reachin out too has a chance to see it ... happy vaping!...

bumdiggy84,

Mr. Smoke No More

adda boy, found your way home i see. 10 days of no combustion....nice, i bet you are at the point now where if u combust its gunna gross u out. After a couple weeks with my extreme i was awakened and just never have the urge to smoke at all, vaping is just better in every aspect. Only wish i had known about vaping from the get go. :peace:

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

So this is what i discovered the other day when i took my Q apart. I'll do it step by step as a guide of how to take your Q apart if need be.

So u take the 4 little rubber feet out and unscrew the 4 screws. The bottom fan vent and light ring come right off, this is what u are left with.
picture.php

Next u need to disconnect the white ribbon from the screen. U will see 2 little black locking devices, one on each side of the ribbon (top of pic). Pull these straight outwards, and they will unlock the ribbon. Then just pull the ribbon out of the piece on the board. next remove the 4 tiny screws holding the interior inside, and pull out slightly. Then disconnect the power chord (red/white wires on bottom of pic) by depressing the locking mechanism on top of connector. Now carefuly slide the heater and fan down out of the casing. Then remove the aluminum jacket by sliding it up.

Here is where i discovered the problem...:o
picture.php

YIKES! That brown crap is burnt cola! Oy vey...Anyways more about my problem later, at this point i needed to take the heater cover off to try to seperate it from the bowl. A couple more shots of the electronics and what not.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The casing:
picture.php

So to remove the heater cover u must remove the 4 screws holding the plastic support around the cover. Next u must carefully slide the glass cover and insulation material straight up and over the ceramic heater. Unfortunately I dont got a pic of this step. But voila!
picture.php

To replace the heater cover, just slide the new cover and insulation (and screen) down over the ceramic heater being very careful. It takes some finicking to get the screen just right, and the heater cover down snug. Then just repeat all the steps in reverse and you are good to go. Makes sure to keep track of which screws go where and its pretty easy.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Bravo, Mr Smoke. Very instructive! An awful lot of microchips -- and thought -- went into the Q.

Cola? Yikes! :uhoh:

Pappy,
Top Bottom