The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hereatlast

Ya its interesting how irritating (not necessarily even a bad thing lol) a big vapor hit can be. Especially for those used to smoke, vapor-filled lungs seem to tingle or even sting a little at first. For what's its worth, a water-cooled hit (water filtration i.e. bong/bubbler/etc) allows you to keep taking those big hits without the sting. Best of luck.

hereatlast,

Salty

hereatlast said:
Ya its interesting how irritating (not necessarily even a bad thing lol) a big vapor hit can be. Especially for those used to smoke, vapor-filled lungs seem to tingle or even sting a little at first. For what's its worth, a water-cooled hit (water filtration i.e. bong/bubbler/etc) allows you to keep taking those big hits without the sting. Best of luck.

Oh the monster hit didnt sting or hurt. It didnt irritate at all. It did make me cough a little bit, but besides that, it was so NIIIIIICE. I'm just trying to get the same or close to the same effect when using the Cyclone. The elbow hit just surprised me, thats all. And it was for sure a welcome surprise! :)

Salty,

gim

Salty, try hitting it at the speed in which the red heating LED doesn't come on.
It will be very slow, but you will get lots of vape.

gim,

Salty

gim said:
Salty, try hitting it at the speed in which the red heating LED doesn't come on.
It will be very slow, but you will get lots of vape.

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but can you explain this process to me? Are you talking about the red light that constantly blinks? What does the blinking mean? When you say speed, do you mean my fan speed, or the speed at which I'm hitting it withOUT the fan?

Salty,

gim

I guess some people's light is different. Mine comes on when the element is heating. It blinks about once every 15 seconds I imagine as it crosses below a threshold and heats back up. I can draw slow on it till the light comes on, stop a second then continue my draw.

(as mentioned previously) puffing it like a pipe/cigar seems to work excellently. It both tosses the herb in the cyclone bowl and allows the element to come back up to operating temp.

gim,

Pappy

shmaporist
Time to replace my silicone whip tube. Would someone please post the proper inner and outer dimensions for the EQV whip and suggest an economical tubing outlet. Hate to be so lazy but there are so many brands (and I am a pothead) :lol:.

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Heater cover arrived, shes up and running again. Thanks to everyone at arizer, and they even included some free screens.

500 is way to hot imo, you should be able to get solid vapour at 400, i can get huge hits around 374-383F. Try around 400 again and just draw super slow, much slower than a normal breath, i just counted out about 16 seconds for a long draw, but my lungs are quite healthy and i can take long slow suction hit without difficulty. I also enjoy puffing on the whip. You can see the vapour "explode" in the elbow between puffs. If you cant get monster hits that way I dont know what will. Also make sure your give your weed a decent grind.

Edit: Pappy I think most people use the Tygoon tubing i think is the name of it. I think you want 1/4" inner diameter and 3/8-1/2" od.

chucku said:

PS. I love that pic of you vapin a few pages back, look like a real trouble maker :lol:

Mr. Smoke No More,

Salty

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Heater cover arrived, shes up and running again. Thanks to everyone at arizer, and they even included some free screens.

500 is way to hot imo, you should be able to get solid vapour at 400, i can get huge hits around 374-383F. Try around 400 again and just draw super slow, much slower than a normal breath, i just counted out about 16 seconds for a long draw, but my lungs are quite healthy and i can take long slow suction hit without difficulty. I also enjoy puffing on the whip. You can see the vapour "explode" in the elbow between puffs. If you cant get monster hits that way I dont know what will. Also make sure your give your weed a decent grind.

Edit: Pappy I think most people use the Tygoon tubing i think is the name of it. I think you want 1/4" inner diameter and 3/8-1/2" od.

chucku said:

PS. I love that pic of you vapin a few pages back, look like a real trouble maker :lol:

For some reason, I'm not getting visible vapor unless on 500F. I grind with a grinder. Grind it VERY fine. At 500F using the elbow method, I'm getting parts of the MJ black, like its almost combusting. But at any other temp, I'm just not getting the vapor I want. I will try again tonight, drawing even slower. Also, maybe I'm not letting the MJ perculate enough? All I know is that using the elbow last night, with temp at 500F, and fan turned on, thick vape is easily visible blowing out of the tube. However, and 410F, there is no visible vapor.

BTW, good to see yours is up and running again. That was quick.

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Salty said:
For some reason, I'm not getting visible vapor unless on 500F. I grind with a grinder. Grind it VERY fine. At 500F using the elbow method, I'm getting parts of the MJ black, like its almost combusting. But at any other temp, I'm just not getting the vapor I want. I will try again tonight, drawing even slower. Also, maybe I'm not letting the MJ perculate enough? All I know is that using the elbow last night, with temp at 500F, and fan turned on, thick vape is easily visible blowing out of the tube. However, and 410F, there is no visible vapor.

Have you tried using harsh lighting in a darkened room... vapor is not that visible to begin with unless you have the right lighting.
try turning off all lights in a room except for a bright lamp... take a hit and blow into the light of the lamp... you should see vapor.
if your in a really bright area you wont see the vapor as much.
Its kind of like a sun beam cutting through a dark room, you can see everything floating within that beam of light...

DevoTheStrange,

Salty

DevoTheStrange said:
Salty said:

Have you tried using harsh lighting in a darkened room... vapor is not that visible to begin with unless you have the right lighting.
try turning off all lights in a room except for a bright lamp... take a hit and blow into the light of the lamp... you should see vapor.
if your in a really bright area you wont see the vapor as much.
Its kind of like a sun beam cutting through a dark room, you can see everything floating within that beam of light...

LOL. Yes Devo, I turned lights off and just used the tv glare. Still nothing. I'm gonna try again tonight, this time letting the MJ warm up for a bit longer. How long do you think I should let it warn up before hitting it?

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
how long are you letting the unit warm up before you start using it?
with the extreme i had, I normally wouldnt get vapor until i crossed 425 degrees...

DevoTheStrange,

Salty

I let it warm up for about 30 mins on around 300F. What I do is, turn it on as soon as I get home. Eat dinner, take a shower, then I pack it and hit it. I did let it perculate for 5 mins or so, but I'm afraid to lose vape, so dont do it too long.

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i normally would turn my unit on and have it sit for 5-10min running 40 degrees or so warmer than I usually run it, then I will put the bowl on it and dial in my preferred setting and let it sit for a minute or two... then I was good to go

also depends on your strain, if it isnt strong your not going to see much vapor.

DevoTheStrange,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Pappy I think most people use the Tygoon tubing i think is the name of it. I think you want 1/4" inner diameter and 3/8-1/2" od.

chucku said:

Thanks for the info and the props. Glad you got your Q working! Just ordered 20 feet of tubing from 7th Floor that's 1/2" OD - 3/8" ID that I'm going to test with the Q. I don't believe the 1/8 difference will be that critical and if I'm correct I can use the same tubing with the EQV and DBV.

Pappy,

Salty

Yea, thats what I was thinking of last night. I do have about an eight each of Purple Haze and G-13, but I save those for the weekend, when I can really enjoy it. I use regs during the week. So I will def report again after the weekend. The regs are middies. Nice green color to it, with some seeds.

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I noticed with regs, sometimes, not all the time, that they will need a slightly higher temp than high quality herb. My boss vapes nothing but regs out of his extreme and he usually runs it 20-40 degrees higher than he would with grade, temps that normally would combust grade. Dunno why the regs don't combust at those temps, its an oddity if haven't been able to figure out yet

DevoTheStrange,

Salty

Well, I'll definitely report back sometime this weekend after vaping the goos stuff. Thanks for all your help Devo!

Salty,

Mr. Smoke No More

Edit: devo you beat me to it lol. But heres my advice.

Make sure your "regs" are nice and dry. The drier the better basically. When i first got my extreme v3 I had to by weed, you know that good "dro" stuff :lol: I noticed its almost always too wet to use. And dont get me wrong im not saying it was wet or fresh, just not dry enough.

Im not sure what you expect to see, but it will not be nearly as thick as smoke. It should have a subtle blueish hue to it. I also find if you have a white roof/walls it makes it hard to see any vapour.

Also why do you warm it to 300 and then use it at 500, warm it up at 450 for 10 mins with the empty bowl on it, then turn it down to 400, this ensures it will be at least 400 and gets the glass all warm, put the packed whip on there and hit away. Alternately you can just turn it on to 400 and let it sit for 10 or so mins, but u will find that turning it up a bit higher will allow you to get a warm up time of like 2-3 (for later reference). Dont need to let the weed percilate per say, because you drawing on it will bring the hot air through the weed and warm it upu faster anyways.

Keep with it, youu will have it dialed in no time.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Pappy

shmaporist
Salty said:
Cure your bud before vaporizing. I'm vaking some Tahoe OG that's so oily I grind it and let it air cure for a few hours before vaping. ;) Let your bud get acquainted with its environment before sucking the life out of it! :lol:

Pappy,

Salty

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Edit: devo you beat me to it lol. But heres my advice.

Make sure your "regs" are nice and dry. The drier the better basically. When i first got my extreme v3 I had to by weed, you know that good "dro" stuff :lol: I noticed its almost always too wet to use. And dont get me wrong im not saying it was wet or fresh, just not dry enough.

Im not sure what you expect to see, but it will not be nearly as thick as smoke. It should have a subtle blueish hue to it. I also find if you have a white roof/walls it makes it hard to see any vapour.

Also why do you warm it to 300 and then use it at 500, warm it up at 450 for 10 mins with the empty bowl on it, then turn it down to 400, this ensures it will be at least 400 and gets the glass all warm, put the packed whip on there and hit away. Alternately you can just turn it on to 400 and let it sit for 10 or so mins, but u will find that turning it up a bit higher will allow you to get a warm up time of like 2-3 (for later reference). Dont need to let the weed percilate per say, because you drawing on it will bring the hot air through the weed and warm it upu faster anyways.

Keep with it, youu will have it dialed in no time.

I guess my reasoning for warming it at 300F and vaping at 500F is in case I take longer than normal to hit it. I fear that leaving it at a higher temp for an extended amount of time will cause damage. I dont know why, I guess its just paranoia or me not fully understanding the concept. I will try your method tonight.

Also, I'm aware that vapor is significantly lighter than smoke. The issue I'm having is I see no vapor at all at lower than 500F temps. I'm still learning and experimenting, so I'm sure I'll find my sweet spot soon. Thanks for your advice SmokeNoMore.

Salty,

Salty

Pappy said:
Salty said:
Cure your bud before vaporizing. I'm vaking some Tahoe OG that's so oily I grind it and let it air cure for a few hours before vaping. ;) Let your bud get acquainted with its environment before sucking the life out of it! :lol:

All my MJ sit in a mason jar. However, the regs are definitely dry enough.

Salty,

Mr. Smoke No More

Cool, curing definately makes a difference, but you cant always wait to cure your weed if your buying. (gotta brag that im vaping some wally duck C99 thats been curing for 9 months, so tasty). My biggest issue when i first started extreming was that weed was not bone dry. I would always be able to get huge clouds on my own, and then a friend wouuld bring some "mids" over (so wierd for me to call it mids etc) and it wouldnt vape and i'd get the "lets just smoke it vapin sux" blah blah, but i couldnt figure out why i couldnt show them thick bags like i did only minutes b4. Non-bone dry "dro" i learned was the problem.

With the elbow pack i find the first hit is milky but overall incredibly tasty, which i think is the most important part...the second/third/4th hits i find are usually the chokers.

Mr. Smoke No More,

hereatlast

Lol I agree completely with that last observation...I don't mind taking the 2nd or 3rd hit on the Extreme cause often its thicker than the first, obviously the taste isn't quite the same.

hereatlast,

Salty

Alright guys. So I tried something a bit different last night. I loaded up the Cyclone with .4g of regs. Set the temp to 410F after a warm up at around 350ish F. Attached the bag, set the fan to 1, and let it fill. Suprisingly, it only took about a minute to fill the bag up. It was a nice pretty thick vapor, and I got 2 full bags out of it. Woah, this got me RIPPED! I then tried to use the whip with a fresh bowl of about .2g, and got vapor, but not much at the same temp of 410F. I think its definitely b/c of my MJ. Its plenty dry, but I just think its not that potent. So far, the whip has gotten me a slight buzz, but the elbow and bag method have really gotten me to where I want to be. Like I said earlier, I will try with my good stuff this weekend, and see if there are any improvements. Overall however, I must say I love this machine so far!

Salty,
Top Bottom