The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Theo

Pappy said:
Nice work, Gim! If you're getting an elbow pack of hits (3-4) why make it any smaller? When it comes to MJ guess I'm not conservative. Yesterday I got 22 rips off a Cyclone bowl and proud of it!

You only get 3-4 hits off of an elbow pack?? I've been smoking really nice herb lately and I usually start at either 190c or 200c and I'm able to breath in as slowly as possible and get really thick, milky hits. I've never counted how many I've actually gotten yet but it has to be over 10 at least of strong vapor.

For the silicon tubing what size is needed to fit the stock glass elbows and mouth pieces for the EQ?

Theo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Hemp, Pappy

It is better. Silicone stands up to higher temps better, is more elastic, more flexible, more chemically inert, there is no plastic taste whatsoever.

chucku,

Pappy

shmaporist
Theo said:
Pappy said:
Nice work, Gim! If you're getting an elbow pack of hits (3-4) why make it any smaller? When it comes to MJ guess I'm not conservative. Yesterday I got 22 rips off a Cyclone bowl and proud of it!

You only get 3-4 hits off of an elbow pack?? I've been smoking really nice herb lately and I usually start at either 190c or 200c and I'm able to breath in as slowly as possible and get really thick, milky hits. I've never counted how many I've actually gotten yet but it has to be over 10 at least of strong vapor.

For the silicon tubing what size is needed to fit the stock glass elbows and mouth pieces for the EQ?
Actually, don't do elbow packs. Wasn't aware you could get 10 good rips. In my experimentation with elbows I recall getting 3-5 hits with the first few being better. The reason I prefer a Cyclone bowl is it's easier on my throat and I find the hits milkier and moister. Plus I don't have to tend to it or reload as much. But I respect the rights of all you "Elboers" to hit any kinda load you prefer. ;)

Pappy,

hereatlast

I use the Tygon 3350 Silicone (1/4X3/8) and love it. Probably a little overkill but well-worth the price tag IMO.

hereatlast,

Theo

I just never use the cyclone because.....well, I just don't haha. I think the reasoning is that I don't like throwing that much bud in at once, I feel like I use a lot less when I do a couple elbow packs. That could just be all mental though, never really tried to figure it out. The only thing I know is that I usually put around .2 in the elbow and it works wonders! I've used the cyclone only a small handful of times, one being a few days after I got it and got some friends together and we collectively threw in ~1.5g and go everybody there ridiculously vaked. It was awesome :cool:

gim

Thats the goal of the smaller bowl. It re-creates the elbow pack without the 'tedious' part of packing. A smaller space for air to pass effectively sandwiching the herb.

gim,

Pappy

shmaporist
I only use .3-.4g per load and reap 18-20 hits per Cyclone bowl. I consider 50 to 60 hits per gram pretty economical but I know some PD users who would differ. They claim twice as many hits per gram with a PD but I don't think they're getting the long moist milky rips we do. :2c:

While on the subject of Cyclone bowls I'd like to suggest a technique -- or at least give it a name if you already use it. I'll call it the "Burst" technique. It's used in conjunction with the fan.

I hit the Cyclone bowl without fan assist to start with -- with the exception of the first hit after I change temps or stir the bowl. Using the "Burst" technique I exhale a quarter breath into the whip just prior to staring the fan. This puts reverse pressure on the bowl and prevents the fan from blowing. A half second or so is all that's needed. When you inhale the fan "bursts" the herb in the Cyclone bowl. I find this pulverizes the herb and vakes it on all sides with less mixing.

For clarification, when I get up in the teens, hitwise, I do take fan assisted rips.

Pappy,

gim

I've had the best luck using whip hits and using it somewhat like an.. electronic pipe. Since the element shows when it has to tick on to heat up, If the light is off and the session has been going a while I take a short series of hits.

This way the temp stays closer to my operating temp and I know the air is hot during vaporization.

gim,

Theo

gim said:
Thats the goal of the smaller bowl. It re-creates the elbow pack without the 'tedious' part of packing. A smaller space for air to pass effectively sandwiching the herb.
Tedious? As hemp said it takes only a few moments to vacuum up your herb, press your pinky in there quickly to tap it down, and you're good to go! If anything I think it's easier than the cyclone to fill.

Theo,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
No doubt the elbow pack is faster, since i've adopted the vaccum technique it takes only 10 secs or so to dump and pack a fresh elbow. Plus its good to get a few last seconds of interaction with your nug before you cook it. Last time it will ever fell so good lol :brow:

Since the vape has been down i have had to cumbust some oil a few times....GASP:o

Arizer got back to me on friday and then called me saturday morning so that my cover would be in the mail this morning. Such nice people and great customer service.

Mr. Smoke No More,

mig

thanks for the answers guys...:)

also wondering about heating the herb to prepare it, with the bag attached.. my thinking is that whatever escapes , will escape into the bag..??

how often are the 'elbowers' cleaning their elbow screen..?? seems like it needs to be done every 4-5 hits.. gets too clogged otherwise..??

oh, i tried some lego pieces as a stopper on the mouthpieces.. doesn't fit properly...:(

any other suggestions..??

cheers

mig

mig,

gim

Theo said:
gim said:
Tedious? As hemp said it takes only a few moments to vacuum up your herb, press your pinky in there quickly to tap it down, and you're good to go! If anything I think it's easier than the cyclone to fill.

Not only re-creates but also still allows for more volume. The elbow screen is still there, with less air between the element and the herb. If anything, a smaller cyclone bowl will improve the elbow pack.

I just want a smaller bowl.

On creating a valve for a bag, you can use a cheap straw cap. The cap will probably be slightly bigger than the whip/bag mouthpeice, but you can close that diameter with something like tape wrapped on the inside of the cap. Prior to this, I used a pen cap.

mood%2032%20oz%20sports%20bottle%20strap%20cap%20aakronline.jpg

gim,

wuzzle

just wanna say big thx to the forum and the tips.

had an extreme q for about 6months now and it's the bomb.

i use it totally stock and fill bags on fan speed 1 with the standard "bowl"
200degC for mine and dig the cool sweet haze it gives me.

great product, awesome customer service, fraction of the cost of the volcano.

can't say enough good things.

5 of my friends now own them

-=wuz

wuzzle,

wolf torn

have to say thanks for the vacum packing tip

jesus didn't think of it

how nice and convenient

wolf torn,

Salty

Hey everyone. Short time reader. First time poster. There's a wealth of knowledge and info here that has really opened my eyes to the benefits of vaping. Thank you all who have contributed and continue to do so. I received by EQ via mail yesterday. As you all can imagine, I was very excited to get home and test her out.

Cyclone was first. Loaded it with about .4g of regs. Hit the whip until my medicine turned a nice brown color. Set the temp to around 400F. Got high, but not really high. Next was the bag. Loaded up the cyclone with around .3g. Same temp of around 400F, filled it up, and enjoyed the next ten mins lyingon the couch inhaling as I pleased. Did a bag and a half. Got higher, but not wrecked. Next came the elbow. Packed about .2g in it. This time, I set the temp to the max of 500F. Put the fan on speed 2, and BAM! Blast of thick vapor destroyed me! It felt sooooo awesome! However, I noticed that at this temp, I vaped all the medicine in the elbow with one hit.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to why I'm hardly getting vapor at aroune 400F when it should be well hot enough to produce decently thick vapor? Also, does anyone know of any bowls I could replace the Cyclone with? I think I read somewhere on here that b/c the bowl is so big, the heat is not concentrated enough to an area to vape effectively. Or something like that.... Any recommendations as to how I can use the Cyclone and get more vape, without having to set the temp to the max. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
How hard are you hitting the whip when you use it salty? maybe you should try slowing your draw speed a bit.

DevoTheStrange,

Salty

DevoTheStrange said:
How hard are you hitting the whip when you use it salty? maybe you should try slowing your draw speed a bit.

I thought I was hitting it medium. Not too fast, not too slow. But the more I think about it, maybe I was hitting it too hard. I will try to slow it down tonight. The reason I ask is, while the elbow hit is FANTASTIC, I would have to reload it after every hit or two. I will try the elbow again tonight at around 400F, instead of 500F, and see if I still get the same effect. The reason I'd like to use the Cyclone primarily though, is so I can just veg out on the couch without having to reload the elbow so frequently. If I can get the same effect from the Cyclone that I get from the elbow, that'd be great. If not, the say elbow will do.

When you slow my draw speed down, how lightly should I be hitting it? As if I'm breathing normally? Or more than that?

Salty,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think with the elbow pack you have to turn the heat up a bit because how far the herb is from the heat source. At least thats what i had to do when I had my Extreme.

I hit it with normal breathing speed, or lower for a denser hit

DevoTheStrange,

Salty

Thanks Devo. I'll try hitting it slower tonight and report back tomorrow morning.

Salty,

hereatlast

Salty, try giving the elbow-pack a stir when you think its spent. After mixing up the herb a little and a slightly higher temperature I'd be surprised if you didn't extract a little more vapor out of that elbow.

hereatlast,

Salty

hereatlast said:
Salty, try giving the elbow-pack a stir when you think its spent. After mixing up the herb a little and a slightly higher temperature I'd be surprised if you didn't extract a little more vapor out of that elbow.

Will do. I didn't stir it, but I did try to hit it again after the one big monster hit. It tasted funny, like it was spent, so I just put it in my ABV jar. It did have a little green in it, but was mostly brown. That one hit was seriously MASSIVE though. I'm talking it almost felt like I was smoking. Thick vapor and the fan really pushed it in my lungs quick! I will see if I can get more vape out of it though. Also, when I used the elbow, it was at the max temp of 500F.

Salty,
Top Bottom