The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

YungLeaner

@Justpassedu @CuckFumbustion

Hey guys I'm sure you know I'm a little new when it comes to vaping and I just purchased the Extreme Q and I should be getting it in tomorrow!
Im sure it'll be different than my CFX so Could someone please tell me the timing for the whole process; how long do you let the temperature heat up for before putting the bud on and then how long do you let the bud burn before blowing up the bag or turning on the fan to use the whip. In between bags or use, do you guys leave the bud on the vape or take it off so it doesnt waste? Does the smoke seep out the whip if my finger is not covering it (no fan). Appreciate it!

Ps. I messaged @DDave to order his mod kit for it and just waiting for him to respond :)
Sorry to jump in after you mentioned it further up but this is a very active thread...

re: the Benzene @390 thing, I wouldn't worry. In theory it would be ideal to stay at 350ish, but in theory it would be ideal to get high on life instead of weed. Vaporizing at ANY temperature is vastly healthier than combustion of herb, and I've yet to see anyone produce convincing evidence that high temp vaping can cause long term health problems. Play it safe if you want, but I quit smoking 2 years ago, have vaped around 400-445 degrees temp every single day since, and I feel amazing. Healthier than ever. Must be all that Benzene, the breakfast of champions

Nugg

@Andrew26 all the glass pieces need to be pre heated. The cyclone bowl and the glass elbow both need to be hot. Forget what the temp says and go by the colour of your abv. The temp sensor is near the heating element so the temp at your herb is lower. The temp gauge is just there for consistency. I vape at 230c or higher and get medium to dark brown abv.

Elbow packing is the way to go for clouds. Filling the cyclone bowl is for longer more relaxed sessions in my mind.

Give yourself a bit of time to work it all out and become one with the EQ.

Report back and let us know how you go. We will get you ripping big clouds in no time.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
There are other things that help with results.

You do want to preheat the glass like @Nugg mentioned. Another consideration. The cyclone bowl should absorb enough heat from the EQ to the point, that when you take a draw, it won't cool down the glass and screen. That heat loss - wait time loop.:bang: The EQ itself will ramp up, but if the glass loses it's heat then you have to allow glass then materials to heat up again. Think preheated glass oven. This will help with either a cyclone or elbow/basket pack.

There is an EQ wand that is made to tamp the materials. Like I mentioned in an earlier post.

I might leave my EQ plugged in but off to allow the transformer to warm up for say an hour+. If you do believe it is a unit prob. Good luck!

phried

@Andrew26 I was running 245C on the stock glass, elbow packed, MFLB fine grind, and for all the effort I consistently got very good single hit extractions using a water piece with dark brown ABV/AVB.

Be glad you got the @DDave mod - I can now do instant single hit extractions with very little preheating at 210-230C due to its more efficient design. I can get medicated faster and more efficiently now, the flexibility offered by the EQ is just great. Did I mention I use concentrates on this thing too? Much fatter clouds also due to DDave's mod.

And I choose 230C because according to a scientific study on vaporization (using the Volcano) that 230C is the most efficient temperature for single-pass extraction. Effective only on the EQ with DDave's glass - you'd need some more tricks to do the same with stock glass, but it can be done.

Last edited:

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Andrew26 I was running 245C on the stock glass, elbow packed, MFLB fine grind, and for all the effort I consistently got very good single hit extractions using a water piece with dark brown ABV/AVB.

Be glad you got the @DDave mod - I can now do instant single hit extractions with very little preheating at 210-230C due to its more efficient design. I can get medicated faster and more efficiently now, the flexibility offered by the EQ is just great. Did I mention I use concentrates on this thing too? Much fatter clouds also due to DDave's mod.

And I choose 230C because according to a scientific study on vaporization (using the Volcano) that 230C is the most efficient temperature for single-pass extraction. Effective only on the EQ with DDave's glass - you'd need some more tricks to do the same with stock glass, but it can be done.

Hey man yeah after continued use lastnight I started to get the hang of it :rockon: got some pretty nice clouds with it. IMO the stock cyclone bowl kinda sucks! CAN'T wait for @DDave mod kit to come in, it's gonna make it wayy better!
What's the best way to vape concentrates in the EQ?
@kellya86 Yeah your informative posts have been great to go by! Read a lot of your stuff lastnight, it definitely helped!

phried

Hey man yeah after continued use lastnight I started to get the hang of it :rockon: got some pretty nice clouds with it. IMO the stock cyclone bowl kinda sucks! CAN'T wait for @DDave mod kit to come in, it's gonna make it wayy better!
What's the best way to vape concentrates in the EQ?
@kellya86 Yeah your informative posts have been great to go by! Read a lot of your stuff lastnight, it definitely helped!
If you're asking me, I reduced the diameter of a Storz & Bickel Mighty pad (I have an extra pack) just by rolling it between my fingers and stuck it into where the basket screen goes. Preheat at max temp before letting your concentrate melt on the pad/mesh. I use the stock elbow with concentrates on the short @DDave bowl (to keep things tidy) - pure convection delight. It's not going to be a similar experience with a nail - more like a punchier dry herb experience. Super tasty. I wouldn't recommend it as much without the DDave mod as the pad's heat dissipates quickly and it's hard to maintain temps throughout the session using stock glass.

Since I love trying new things out I'm thinking of making the liquid/concentrate pad smaller to fit the 14mm stem (I have the full Ddave kit) - in theory should that make the pad heat up better? More restriction = faster airflow through the pad = hotter pad temp? I was thinking the faster airflow might also cool down the pad a bit, but since I'm pushing 260C/500F air through it, that should keep heating it to the max temp that the material allows, correct? I should just probably run some tests and confirm this.

The one thing I haven't tried on the EQ is bag-filling, but I'd rather get a Volcano if that's all I wanted. And I have lost any desire to get any other desktop vaporizer since getting the DDave mod and figuring out how to fit concentrate pads on this thing (I really wanted a Cloud EVO before but bleh).

I really didn't like my EQ at first due to how finicky it was with usage (preheats? grind styles? packing techniques?! STIRRING?!?! - I bought a Crafty & Mighty because I hated the extra work), but after living with it for a couple of weeks (don't forget to get your @DDave mod!) I now can't live without it. It medicates me better than my other vapes due to its efficiency and powahhhhh.

Oh, be careful when preheating very dry material on the EQ with DDave's mod - first time I had a combustion event using a convection vape. I preheated at 260C and loaded the elbow - hit 230C (with the bowl loaded) on the remote and waited for the temp to go down. Forgot I had a bowl there and did something for a quarter of an hour at least - and immediately hit it when I came back. Instant combustion. Very dry material that was further baked dry and heated for a very long time - recipes for combustion. I've stopped preheating at max temp since then (worked well with stock glass) and preheat/hit at 210-230C. Same cloud production, better taste, and while I do have to stir for a second weak hit the consistency in color of the vaped material is much better. Temp also varies with herb quality.

Sorry for the wall of text. Back to vaping.

Last edited:

ronads

Waiting on my second @DDave mod to arrive from merica. Got hit with a customs change ouch!! I know it's worth it though :) Sadly smashed my mod bowls hence me buying the 18mm again.

Unfortunately my fan has gone on the fritz! It's not the end of the world but it's sad when my new mod is due to arrive tomorrow.

@yonatanil They can handle a LOT I think. I'm sure you can swap in the volcano bags with a bit of modding I think but I haven't used the bags in a long time :p

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@CuckFumbustion @kellya86 @Justpassedu @DDave @phried @Stevenski Hey everyone!
I just wanted to give a big shout out to FC forum and the peeps that helped me choose my first 2 vapes!! You guys are awesome and helped me pick the Extreme Q and Boundless cfx and i couldnt be happier :)
And I also got the ddave mod kit and it makes my Q an absolute beast!!
Nicely packaged box by the way lol everything was nice and tight and nothing broken or cracked, everything was perfect!

I got the nice chromed 2016 Extreme Q :) Now the kit itself... :o:p I'm really impressed by it!! I get such intense clouds of vapor with the 18mm short it's crazy! The 14mm short is also nice to. I also got some really nice clouds with it but the screen hat get clogged easily Making it more restricted so I normally stick with the 18mm short. What do you guys normally use your 14mm short for? Small sessions?
I also like using the stock arizer 18mm wand with the bend to it used for blowing bags but I use it with the whip and it's an absolute killer! Then bend in the wand makes my whip never bends or kinks! It also sits a tiny bit higher on the 18mm short adapter so the herbs bounce around better and get evenly extracted. I use the Ddave 18mm wand for my water bong :)
And I took that heat protection rubber shit off the stock cyclone bowls and managed to slip them on the Ddave adapters so I never have to use the tongs!! Should I stop using the arizer whip and use ddaves whip? I like using them both!
Wow long post I got so medicated that I almost tossed my spent herbs into the heater and not the ashtray that's right beside it :clap: wow I'm smart lol close one!!
Ps. Iv fully kicked combustion and only vape now :)

CuckFumbustion

Bought a D020 from an FC member. So now my EQ is finally complete. :D For some older and/or veteran EQers, It is known as good pairing with the EQ and a whip hose. Plenty of older posts in this thread with pics, etc attached to an EQ. Works as advertised.:brow: Looks like the one below.
rBVaGVQ374uAYNIbAAFokjlWSCo596.jpg

What do you guys normally use your 14mm short for? Small sessions?
Small clumps instead of shredded. Different flavor profile. It is probably good for reclaim.
And I took that heat protection rubber shit off the stock cyclone bowls and managed to slip them on the Ddave adapters so I never have to use the tongs!! Should I stop using the arizer whip and use ddaves whip? I like using them both!
Nice workaround.:nod: I've also cut a silicone strip from my whip hose and placed it over my bowl for tongless bowl swapping. I also keep all my ABV for other things. Like with coconut oil as one example.

Congrads on fully kicking combustion.:rockon:Glad you have a beast of a vape and worked that out. .

Unfortunately my fan has gone on the fritz! It's not the end of the world but it's sad when my new mod is due to arrive tomorrow.
If you are fortunate, It might just need a cleaning. Unless there is some weird display that comes up when you turn on the fan. I've had it hesitate or squeak then clean it and it is back to being quiet.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@CuckFumbustion Yeah I just realized how long my last post was :rolleyes: got a little to baked off the Q earlier lol.
Did anyone happen to get that bent wand I was talking about from arizer? It's pretty damn sweet, I like it just as much as ddaves 18mm wand. It's fits perfectly and with the bend there's no need for the whip to ever kink which is nice and it's got wicked airflow.
Iv pretty much already retired the elbow as I won't be ever using it really.
I'll give the 14mm a try like you said right now :nod: and do you still use the stock whip at all?
I find the Silicon whip holds on to the smell a lot more than the stock one, or that could just be me :shrug:

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion Yeah I just realized how long my last post was :rolleyes: got a little to baked off the Q earlier lol.
All good. It was all about the EQ and I don't read it off of a phone.:haw: I'm guilty of writing the occasional 'wall of post' myself.

Have 1 elbow left for other projects. Broke two already. Easy for stem to snap off, but good for something.

Your bent wand is from stock? Is it for bags? :hmm: I have a generic bent adapter that I used the angle for the same purpose of better airflow.
Stock whip was more PVC-ish. Plus restrictive. Smaller I.D. KIM this was over a year ago.
All Silicone hose and glass with the EQ. Made a special adapter hose, If you seen that earlier in the thread.
Once I got a D020, I felt like I covered all the bases. :rockon:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Your bent wand is from stock? Is it for bags?

Think he is referring to the new all glass mini whip that comes with the new models, as does a silicone whip now. I never really use the mini whip as bags are not my thing...

I use a support sleeve to avoid the kinking problem ...

I don't really use my 14mm, but then one time is was forced too for a week, due to a broken 18mm adapter. I realised that if only used the 14 I got a more visual high...

I got so used to it in a week, that when my 18 was back in action, I didn't like it, and had to adjust again..

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@CuckFumbustion @kellya86 @DDave Yeah man its the bent all glass wand ment for bags but I use it for the whip. It comes with the new updated version, I really like it, I don't really ever use it for bags.
I guess I haven't gotten used to the 14mm short yet. What do you guys use the 14mm tall adapter for?

And I just saw the prices for the D020 bubbler :brow: umm yes I will buy one right now. Is dhgate the best place to buy if I live in Canada? And I was on their site and saw a bunch of different ones... what's the best D020 bubbler for my Q?
And I also saw a quave club quartz banger for super cheap and there normally quite expensive, is it fake? Cuz I'd love to get one for concentrates!

CuckFumbustion

I'd get familiar with the 'cheap' thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-869
Maybe read up the usual 10+ pages and ask about doing business with DHgate there. Some members can give you more refined answers and recommend reputable sellers ATM.
I would ask about the club quave on that thread also. Also that is probably a seller related question.

DHgate and doing any business with China, and one of the overseas glass makers/sellers with a good rep is some of the considerations. Several sellers make the same or similar model. and then their is the umm... 'chinese buisness model'.
I got mine from an FC member in the classifieds. (whom I gave a 5+star review, thanks @sloth:tup:) So I didn't have to sort that out. :worms:D020 is loosly interpreted make and adds to the
confusion. Then which seller to buy from. I like the one with the flat top and straight cut perc that covers the width of the inside diameter. Easier to pull. Got the exact one I wanted in the picture. hope this helps.:peace:

phried

I also have the bent elbow for the bags @Andrew26 but I like how the DDave's glass works - the airflow is perfect for my old multi-perc bubbler. I use the 18mm stock bent elbow from the refreshed 2016 EQ with a liquid pad instead and plan to do the same with the 14mm DDave stem. Like with other reviews the 14mm gets clogged easily, but the flavor and experience is also a bit different - I got it primarily as a backup if my 18mm breaks or I run into a 14mm rig :brow:

I still haven't gotten around to using bags. Prolly when I hang with some weaker smokers/vapers it might have some use, bongs are the only way to medicate with the EQ if you want to get maximum medication with heavy users.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@phried @CuckFumbustion Yeah man I totally agree with you. I only use the bent wand with a shorter whip if I want to take some power tokes cuz my herbs dance around abit better in the adapter.
For the bong I use ddaves 18mm wand and I get some pretty awesome hits with the short adapter!
Now I'm able to cloud up my bong pretty nice packing the screen of the wand and get big hits but I can't get huge milky hits like some of you can :shrug:
How do I achieve this @DDave? Do I pack the screen of the wand and load the adapter as well and set to 210°?
I just want to achieve some crazy milky vapor hits lol :ko:

phried

@phried @CuckFumbustion Yeah man I totally agree with you. I only use the bent wand with a shorter whip if I want to take some power tokes cuz my herbs dance around abit better in the adapter.
For the bong I use ddaves 18mm wand and I get some pretty awesome hits with the short adapter!
Now I'm able to cloud up my bong pretty nice packing the screen of the wand and get big hits but I can't get huge milky hits like some of you can :shrug:
How do I achieve this @DDave? Do I pack the screen of the wand and load the adapter as well and set to 210°?
I just want to achieve some crazy milky vapor hits lol :ko:
I've found the most consistent milky hits come from well-heated baskets, and I don't even have to turn the fan on with the short 18mm bowl. I just let my herb/basket steep in the target heat for about 5-10mins if I'm using the EQ alone, else it'll be on max temp with the fan turning (basket off) to keep temps high throughout the session by preheating between bowls. Or if I'm impatient I do both and halve the time it takes to create clouds.

I just left a full basket of fresh herb at 230C for almost half an hour (was going to try just 10mins, but I took too long with my "task") and hit it - flavorful clouds. I've learned to accept the preheating and limitations of the EQ as a full convection vape, but nothing hits harder in my arsenal right now than the EQ. That alone makes some waiting a lot tolerable.

A good preheat also works with any grind type - I only use my MFLB finishing grinder just to be able to pack a little bit more in the basket, giving me fatter clouds. Two bong hits per basket is enough to turn the ABV into a dark mocha without any toasty flavor. Veteran bong smokers are surprised by how medicated they become when using this setup. My EQ should have a lifetime warranty as I almost never turn it off now (and my $300/400 S&B's are ignored when I'm at home).

I'm well medicated and too talky. Enough for now.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Phried sees how a old fashioned well modded EQ can deliver heavy duty hits at temps above 220c. Preheating is absolutely key & I have found if you can get the DDave wand hot to touch you will get enormous extraction potential. This tends to only occur after at least 4 hours but max temp & fan speed 1 will get & keep keep that glass toasty.

When set up right the EQ is a ripper that will replicate big bong hits & I have not been able to out pace the heater.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Stevenski @phried

Awesome man thanks a lot I appreciate you taking the time to write that! I know some of these posts definitely take awhile to type up :myday: .

I'm fully modded up with the Ddave kit so I'm ripping hard now bud lol !! I find I'm sticking to the 18mm short as I get wicked clouds. The 18mm tall is really nice to for more hits with the whip. I don't use the 14mm' s as much cuz I find that's for more of the lightweight toker.

I'll be getting the Mobius Matrix sidecar of dhgate as a nice bubbler for the Q or a nice piece from glassartist. The Q is my new daily driver for sure ! :peace::peace:

CuckFumbustion

Repurposed a 7 inch downstem that had the 6 slit end broke off of. With some silicone tubing magic, Now I have a much longer extension on the mouthpiece of the D020. :rockon:The D020 has nearly an 18mm pathway at the mouthpiece enough to use an 18mm rubber/silicone cork to keep the water in. So I figured it's kinda work.

Like with the glass warhammer I had earlier, Now the D020 is a hammer against combustion! an ordinary two way Pyrex claisen with a homemade carb inserted on top means vapor control and back of the throat finishes when you relaese the carb entirly. Already modded the D020 to enhance that I believe. :science: There is also enough internal space of the downstem area of the piece for other options , I noticed. :hmm:Hmm...

With my special 2X hose and a hose clamp, and 4+ hours heat soaking and my 2x wand and bowl, it is a beast that won't quit. I try to not get greedy/lazy and pack and try to pack a thin layer. Now I'm getting near gunpowder ABV with the souped up D020 and my 2x wand and hose setup at 220c or less.

The vaping and drying of the materials are working in tandem quickly enough to get those one hit finishers. :tup: But I tend to pack enough for 2.5 finishers out of habit and try not rush things with the EQ. Never have to worry about heat absorption and loss as much with my near 1 lb of preheated glass. :peace:

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
A question for my fellow eq'ers......

Whether you are using the @DDave mod or not is irrelevant....

Baskets.... hot or cold?????

I used to preheat my baskets with my glass, then add the herb....

But now I load a cold basket and insert it into a preheated wand....

I'm not sure what's best or if it matters.....

What do you all do?????

CuckFumbustion

I tend to preheat my basket in the wand for the best results. My glass wand is a 2x wand that I heat soak well ahead of time.
It helps to heat the basket, But it does heat up quickly on it's own pretty well. Feels like a hot rivet, when I take it out.

My pipe scraping tool makes cleaning easy and quick for refilling. So the wand stays warm when I 'm working with it. Making that step easier.

Another method, I've also prepacked my baskets ahead of time for perfectly prepared basket packs. Allow for more drying. Then swap out them out when needed.

Preheating anything is worthwhile, but not essential. But then again, I preheat a pound of glass before I start.

As an aside, I do avoid the stock bowl screens, because they are made with more metal with a finer mesh, and I can taste that when it gets heat soaked. Only the @DDave bowl screens or equivalent.

Top Bottom