The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DrNick420

Depends on the set up, but you can use the stock elbow adapter basket screens.
The DDave Kit comes with its own I believe.
If you source a short third-party F18/18 glass adapter for the heater, a 25mm screen should fit (if it balloons out in the middle).
Thank you! the ddave kit looks great but i have all the parts but the hose here....

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
This gives a pretty good overview of the DDave mod concept & how it all works even if it uses SSV parts. The point is for stock owners to see that the official @DDave kit is like chipping & supercharging your car. Whole nother beast is unleashed especially once up to temp.

This fellow made a nice elbow packing cradle & shows off elbow packing nicely. Personally those are tiny elbows though & mine would be at least 3 x bigger. The fuck he has bird lungs?

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Hi @stardustsailor, Thanks for posting. Just reread your post and got more curious. :hmm:So, to grossly oversimplify, do you think that the V-tower uses the exact same PCB minus say a few more chips and the pin out to the fan? OR do you think they might print a different PCB? I will keep in mind the years and upgrades of both units. Perhaps even soldering off certain gateways?

Well,I bought my V-Tower before a month or so ...
And it's actually the latest version ( Red colored PCB ) .
Yes,it seems that latest versions of both Extreme Q AND V-Tower ,
share the same microcontroller board .It makes sense .Decreased manufacturing cost.
Take a look :
IMG_0008_zpskbzapeif.jpg

You can see -at top left of the pic- where the green arrows are pointing ,the blank pads "J2" & "Q1" where a connectorand a transistor are missing ,respectively .
Also around there ,some other parts are missing too
(R6 :Transistor's base resistor & D4 : Protection diode against induction current spikes from fan motor ).
Those are for the fan speed contol .

At bottom of the pic ,the blue colored arrows are pointing to the blue leds' pads (Extreme Q ambient lighting ) .At V-Tower ,those blue leds are missing too,along with their current limiting resistors ( R17,R18,R19 ).

The various ICs :
#1 : MCU
#2 : EEPROM
#3 : Peak Boost/Buck/Inverting DC/DC Switching Regulator ( MC34063 )
#4 : SMPS HEXFET Power MOSFET ( F7470 )
#5 : P-Channel HEXFET Power MOSFET ( F7240 ) = Ceramic Heater PWM switching
#6 : Precision Operational Amplifier ( OP07C )
#7 : CMOS Voltage Converter ( HF 7660 )
#8 : Voltage Regulator ( 7805 )

Wait hold up, @stardustsailor did you change the colour output of your unit??? If so what did you replace, I don't mind the blue LED but if I can have green well, sign me up lol!

The V-Tower has a BLUE led for "POWER" optical signal.
But it's light output is so high ,that when vaping with the room lights dimmed down
-or at dark-,becomes pretty annoying ,maybe even frustrating for some ...
The "TIMER" has a GREEN led.Much more "kind" with human vision ...
So I just swapped their places ...

IMG_0006_zpszkbalr56.jpg

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

This gives a pretty good overview of the DDave mod concept & how it all works even if it uses SSV parts. The point is for stock owners to see that the official @DDave kit is like chipping & supercharging your car. Whole nother beast is unleashed especially once up to temp.

This fellow made a nice elbow packing cradle & shows off elbow packing nicely. Personally those are tiny elbows though & mine would be at least 3 x bigger. The fuck he has bird lungs?

For some reason I thought you made the first video and I was trippin out over the voice :lol:

That elbow pack device is pretty sick!
But yeah, I do like a rompa ;)
I cleaned the SLX yesterday and got a nice clump of sickly sweet kief.
Sandwhiched in with some Hobart hydro and holy shit yes.

Defintely the equivalent of more than that guys whole tray :science:
Love what the EQ can do!

Disclaimer: I've been having baby cones like in the vid tonight, I'm not really bagging I'm still shitfaced.

@stardustsailor Fascinating stuff! Great post

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
The V-Tower has a BLUE led for "POWER" optical signal.
But it's light output is so high ,that when vaping with the room lights dimmed down
-or at dark-,becomes pretty annoying ,maybe even frustrating for some ...
The "TIMER" has a GREEN led.Much more "kind" with human vision ...
So I just swapped their places ...

Ah, I thought you were switching the LED that makes the unit glow around the base... I would love to have it green.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
For some reason I thought you made the first video and I was trippin out over the voice :lol:

That elbow pack device is pretty sick!
But yeah, I do like a rompa ;)
I cleaned the SLX yesterday and got a nice clump of sickly sweet kief.
Sandwhiched in with some Hobart hydro and holy shit yes.

Defintely the equivalent of more than that guys whole tray :science:
Love what the EQ can do!

Disclaimer: I've been having baby cones like in the vid tonight, I'm not really bagging I'm still shitfaced.

@stardustsailor Fascinating stuff! Great post

Not my video but I thought it shows the concept & results off well & should answer a few questions, same with the elbow packs.

Since keeping my cannabis at 62% humidity my SLX is churning like butter. Perfect grind without grinding upside down & mine is full of kief too. Glad to see you are enjoying your ownership as it just works so well.

You know you got fucked up when you left your vape on & a stem loaded with shatter in the bubbler last night. You know you redeemed yourself when you switched off the vape rather than hit that tasty shatter at 8.00am.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys does anyone know where I can source this piece for my EQ?
I find I'm more into a dry vape and I really like using my whip vs purging it thru water.

It's a ssv glass elbow male adapter that i want to fit into @DDave 19mm short adapter so it'll pack a punch for sure! But it's not 90 degree turn like the stock Eq elbow, it's got a wayyy better path for airflow.

I checked this Australian site that has it but I live in Canada so I'm trying to find something closer like the the U.S lol
7th floor doesn't seem to have it on their website which is weird, I thought they made them? Any tips will help :rockon:

here's the link to the piece I'm talking about.
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/ssv-glass-adapter-19mm-male.html

If anyone also has any tips or suggestions for getting the best whip hits using the 19mm short adapter , that would be great :)

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
My EQ is safely cleaned & packed away but I am increasingly feeling like breaking it out as I can rip such high temps with it.

Hey @Andrew26 you could try Oregon Glass Blower for a North American solution.

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-Vape-Adapter-90-Degree-18mv90.htm

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-Vape-Adapter-18vdm.htm

but then I thought since you like it dry you would be better off eliminating the whip & having a sweet mouthpiece instead. This is the way I would go if I was into using the EQ dry....

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-GLASS-MOUTHPIECE-MALE-18mmp.htm

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-GLASS-MOUTHPIECE-MALE-18mps.htm

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-GLASS-MOUTHPIECE-FLARED-CURVED-MALE-18fmpmc.htm

http://oregonglassblower.com/18mm-GLASS-MOUTHPIECE-FLARED-MALE-18fmpms.htm

MoltenTiger

Not my video but I thought it shows the concept & results off well & should answer a few questions, same with the elbow packs.

Since keeping my cannabis at 62% humidity my SLX is churning like butter. Perfect grind without grinding upside down & mine is full of kief too. Glad to see you are enjoying your ownership as it just works so well.

You know you got fucked up when you left your vape on & a stem loaded with shatter in the bubbler last night. You know you redeemed yourself when you switched off the vape rather than hit that tasty shatter at 8.00am.
Yeah it was a pretty thorough overview of the mod, good link.

62% using Boveda humidipaks?
I got a couple two days ago! Pretty cool and very affordable.

I am so stoked with the SLX, it has a brilliant grind consistency and I've put more than 2 Oz's through it, and it still looks brand new. I've probably brushed it out 3 times, so quick and easy to look after.
I watched a video of the GR8TR the other day out of interest, and after the guy had used it once it looked messier than my SLX has ever been.

Hahaha good self control XD
That sounds like a hell of a wake and bake, so probably the wiser choice ;)

@Andrew26 Check out the 7th floor official store: http://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/...ries/adapters-attachments/connectors.html?p=1
They have straight adapters and some worked elbows, not quite the same as the one you linked to

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Stevenski Hey buddy thanks for the reply and the links you posted!
Now the water adapters for the whip you linked too, they look abit different than the one I linked? They look a little more restricted like the stock elbow, the one I linked looks like it would have way better airflow... are they the same?

And the glass mouthpiece's you linked, those look pretty sweet!
Does anyone have those long glass mouthpiece's for the EQ and does it fit right into the 18mm short ddave adapter? It would be a nice change from using the whip all the time!
And would the stock elbow screens fit into the bottom of the glass mouthpiece acting almost as a wand and a mouthpiece in one!

Edit: so I'm going to buy the SSV 19mm elbow adapter to fit ddaves short adapter ;)
And apparently 7th floors whip tubing is he best on the market they say so I'll pick up some of that too.
Anyone have experience with the ssv elbow like in the video above? Looks like way better airflow and with the Ddave adapter it looks like a heavy hitter !

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@StevenskiAnd the glass mouthpiece's you linked, those look pretty sweet!
Does anyone have those long glass mouthpiece's for the EQ and does it fit right into the 18mm short ddave adapter? It would be a nice change from using the whip all the time!
And would the stock elbow screens fit into the bottom of the glass mouthpiece acting almost as a wand and a mouthpiece in one!

Thats why I put em up as you don't need an elbow joint, whip or mouthpiece. Just plug in your basket screen straight into the 18m joint & insert into DDave adapter.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Do the Arizer EQ basket screens fit at the bottom of the mouthpiece or do the Ddave screens fit?
Also I went to check out at 7th floor and the shipping to Canada was $38!! That's more than the 3 items I want lol
It was the ssv elbow, whip and mouthpiece . Does anyone know any alternative site? I really don't want to have to pay 40 bucks for shipping, that's absurd.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@Andrew26. I prefer using a straight wand myself. Less restriction among other avoidable issues. You want a nice air pathway for your guest from china. :brow:
But the Oregon glassblower ones look like it would have a wider pathway. If you are serious about a glass elbow.

So why is 7th floor tubing the best? It says it is the best on the website.:D

I had a question about 7th floor tubing being the best months ago. Then a discussion about tubing broke out.:haw: Never did get an answer.

So what do I use, you ask? I use 500F silicone tubing which can be floppy, fairly inexpensive and foodsafe. Under certain conditions ISO safe. Like what @DDave uses. Only I buy that size and the next size up with an I.D. that matches the O.D. of the tubing meant for the pathway.

I posted my project with 2 different sized tubing of silicone and 2 glass adapters, and then designed a gooseneck adapter. A plain 45 angled glass adapter on one end and a straight 90 on the other end. It is so handy and worth the time I put into it.:luv: Rugged and keeps an arch shape when bent.

You have the @DDave kit which is generic 18mm. Anything 18mm will work with it. I've slipped the tubing into the 14mm end of one of the bowls and use it as a whip end.

Current setup is the 19mm 2x wand. (That's a 19mm wand telescoped inside a 19mm I.D glass adapter.) My gooseneck adapter, a Pyrex Claisen, a D020 with a matrix like perc. a 7 inch stem extension from the mouthpiece. Might take a pic next time after I clean everything. A wide pathway from the EQ to the water piece = less restriction. :nod:

My poor overworked EQ is getting dinged up. A small piece of the cap stressed and broke off. And I lost one of the rubber feet. Oddly enough I bought some basket screens online and they came with yellow plastic protective screen covers for shipping I presume, Which is a neat thing on it's own. So two of those free caps and two silicone strips and two minutes later. I have raised the front end of my EQ.:lol: It tilts up and I kind of like the look. I could put two more on the back for more clearance. But I like the tilt to it. :haw:

@stardustsailor thanks for the even more detailed breakdown and confirming that they were indeed using the same board. :tup:So you changed to a green light, did you disable the dome light entirly?

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Anyone know how I can avoid 7th floors absurd $40 shipping to Canada lol
Never have I payed that much for shipping!!

Andrew26,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Anyone know how I can avoid 7th floors absurd $40 shipping to Canada lol
Never have I payed that much for shipping!!
Try asking around the SSV thread.:shrug: Also @DDave came up with some mods for the SSV/Da Budda if that helps your cause.
I may just do that when my warranty expires lol. :)
Yea you could have 3 separate colors for the base light or go with a flat white. or go all green like you mentioned. Wonder if you could say upgrade the fan? or would that be an unsafe speed.:mental:

O.K. so I'm new to the idea of keeping your materials at a select humidity. Thought drier was better to vape. So any details as to why and what to aim for would help. Since I'm vaping teas that are a certain freshness and buying my coffee freshly roasted. Figured I'd better get smart here.

i found a glass thing at an used store. I guess it is a top to a flower vase or something? Looked interesting enough. An impulse purchase later for $3. Got home and found each hole which is intended for the shaft of each plant, I guess, can fit a basket screen in perfect, much like the cradle in the video only entirely unintentional.:nod: 12 holes that can fit elbow screens in a clear piece of glass. :tup:Wonder if I can straw draw 12 basket packs. :haw:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@DrNick420 the vapour doesn't pass through the electronics, the cool air intake does, and cool air doesn't cause of gassing.... the eq is safe.

@CuckFumbustion I find there is a goldilocks zone when it come a to cannabis humidity, 62% is perfect for storage, but a little too moist for vaping.

If if it goes below 50% I find it doesn't produce or taste as good.

I find 52-55% to be optimal for me to vape.....

Humidity makes a huge difference....

YungLeaner

Has anyone gone from a ssv to a DDAVE EQ?
Me. Modded EQ miles better for pretty much everything except the bowl replacing system can get finicky and glass parts get hot. But I was never very impressed with my SSV. The EQ heater is so much less inclined to hotspots and uneven vaping, and when I was hitting the SSV I always felt like I needed 3 hands...of course it's also I breakable and less pieces to use, but the Ddave mod performance should not be underrated, puts the EQ near to Evo & Herbalizer for hit strength once the technique is dialed in. And I never have to stir my bowls, just a small hot spot that's incomparable to my constant SSV stirs and shakes

DrNick420

Me. Modded EQ miles better for pretty much everything except the bowl replacing system can get finicky and glass parts get hot. But I was never very impressed with my SSV. The EQ heater is so much less inclined to hotspots and uneven vaping, and when I was hitting the SSV I always felt like I needed 3 hands...of course it's also I breakable and less pieces to use, but the Ddave mod performance should not be underrated, puts the EQ near to Evo & Herbalizer for hit strength once the technique is dialed in. And I never have to stir my bowls, just a small hot spot that's incomparable to my constant SSV stirs and shakes
Whats the difference between the V TOWER and the EXTREME Q?
Can I get a V TOWER and get the same effect?

If i don't want fans or remote control do i get the V TOWER? Does the fan help the DDAVE mod?

Sorry for all the questions!

BD9

If i don't want fans or remote control do i get the V TOWER? Does the fan help the DDAVE mod?

The VTower is a mildly stripped down version of the EQ. No remote or fan but has digital display. If you don't care about using the balloons, or remote then the VTower is a solid choice.

YungLeaner

No problem for all the questions...you sent me my first butane vape ! Arriving today :)

I would get an EQ as opposed to the V Tower, yeah. I use fan speed 2 on every hit with the mod and it really helps with draw restriction and vapor production. V Tower would work but I don't like hitting my EQ without the fan on.

Top Bottom