The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Justpassedu

@BD9 Sweet man I'll probably order from them but I may still order directly from arizer since I live 2 hours away from them lol.

Hey everyone, since I'm somewhat new to vaping I had a general question about the extreme Q... I got my CFX the other day and I love it, great portable!
How much of a better experience will I have with the Q in terms of flavor and harshness? I find with the cfx when it's at 400°f to 410° I start coughing like a biittchh lol i get super medicated but man is it strong, more so then when I rip my bong lol!! Anything will help guys Cheers!
Andrew , Usually a desktop is more powerful than a portable so you should in theory have a easier time extracting all the goodies out of your flowers easier. Supposedly the CFX has a 80w heater and that is very powerful for a portable. I will say from my experience you will get better taste using the Eq over using the cfx , the cfx has a very nice taste but for me it has only lasted the 1st few hits and than diminished. I feel the Eq keeps the taste longer. It is also much smoother than the cfx bc you are vaping through glass and that travels through the whip and has more time to cool your vapor , vaping through water will also help a great deal when you get your Eq but remember vaping through water sometimes will take a way a bit of that good taste. The Cfx tends to get harsh at the higher temps and desktops can have the same effect but with the Eq will not be as bad due to the path the vapor travels through is a bigger path hence why I stated it has a bit more time to cool. Also with any vape , vaping at a higher temp will also get you more medicating , at different temps you are releasing different active ingredients in your flowers ( not sure of the correct term for that ). On this page is a good chart if you scroll down that will show you what vaping at certain temps will do for you - https://www.hempforfuture.com/2014/10/18/how-to-make-the-most-out-of-a-vaporizer/ , as you can see in the chart going up to the higher temps will usually yield more of a sedative effect.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Justpassedu Great post dude thanks a lot for clearing some stuff up for me! Yeah the cfx heater is definitely a powerful one lol .
I was checking out that vape chart and I did not know there's a toxic gas called benzene!! And the temp it's produced is 390° which is the temp I like vaping at LOL :uhoh::| now I have to find a different temp to vape at!!

@BD9 Do they ship to Canada?

Last edited:
Andrew26,
Reactions: BD9

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Justpassedu @CuckFumbustion

Hey guys I'm sure you know I'm a little new when it comes to vaping and I just purchased the Extreme Q and I should be getting it in tomorrow!
Im sure it'll be different than my CFX so Could someone please tell me the timing for the whole process; how long do you let the temperature heat up for before putting the bud on and then how long do you let the bud burn before blowing up the bag or turning on the fan to use the whip. In between bags or use, do you guys leave the bud on the vape or take it off so it doesnt waste? Does the smoke seep out the whip if my finger is not covering it (no fan). Appreciate it!

Ps. I messaged @DDave to order his mod kit for it and just waiting for him to respond :)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I posted this 6 pages ago, it's always worth reading back 10 pages....

It's for a whip draw, and stock setup (not ddave, 10 degrees less for the ddave kit) but same heat up principles....

Eq guide...

1. Get home and run to your Eq in anticipation of getting high, turn on and set to 200 at fan 1 for at good ten min's with cyclone, elbow and whip attached, not the basket screen....

2. While waiting for the preheat, load your basket screen about 2 thirds full with a medium grind, and lightly tamped with the blunt end of the Eq stir tool....

3. After the preheating is done (elbow is fucking hot), turn fan off, remove elbow and insert loaded basket....

4. Turn temp up to 210 and wait again, this time just a minute for the herb to heat soak a little, soon as you see the vapour condensing in the elbow, your ready to draw...

5. Start your long slow draw, after about 4 seconds of draw, you should begin to see vapour streaming through the elbow, keep going until you have had enough, hold in for a bit, breath in a little fresh air to agitate (helps absorption), and slowly release...

6. Pull out elbow and stir, retamp, turn up to 220, give a minute and go again, then get 1 last go at 230, maybe even 1 more at 235...

This should work.... good luck...

Loss of actives between draws is minimal, if I do first hit at 190, I'll leave it on 19 until I'm ready for my next draw, then turn to 210...
Leaving at 190 is like idle....

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@Andrew26. @kellya86 's guide is one method that will help with extraction.:nod: If you take the other suggestion of reading 10 pages back on this thread, you will see how others have gotten better performance with stock EQ parts and with the @DDave kit with slightly different preheat and draw methods. Other points like type of grind and dryness are covered by @kellya86 and other posters in this thread and will widen your understanding and options you have open to you. @Justpassedu was the main one who recommended the EQ and Agracan when I was on my quest for a good all around desktop. Since you are going with Arizer direct, you can tell us of the latest changes and educate us. :haw:

Does the smoke seep out the whip if my finger is not covering it (no fan). Appreciate it!
Also I'm not sure if you 'get' what vaporization is or if you say 'smoke' out of habit. :hmm: But if it helps, vapor is water molecules. you are trying to raise the temp in your materials enough to release the water content and extract the essense. That's also why you absorb it differently. Since you are new to vaping, thought I'd clear that up if there was a misunderstanding.

Smoke = combustion=bad 'Forget' combustion. Like in the forum's name.:haw:
Vapor = water molecule = goodness. :p

BadDog No

CuckFumbustion wrote:
Smoke = combustion=bad 'Forget' combustion. Like in the forum's name.:haw:
Vapor = water molecule = goodness. :p

True, but of course it is the volatile oils that actually contain the "goodness". Hence the need for temperatures way above the boiling point of water. Sorry, woke up feeling "detail oriented" this morning.
:lol:

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu @CuckFumbustion

Hey guys I'm sure you know I'm a little new when it comes to vaping and I just purchased the Extreme Q and I should be getting it in tomorrow!
Im sure it'll be different than my CFX so Could someone please tell me the timing for the whole process; how long do you let the temperature heat up for before putting the bud on and then how long do you let the bud burn before blowing up the bag or turning on the fan to use the whip. In between bags or use, do you guys leave the bud on the vape or take it off so it doesnt waste? Does the smoke seep out the whip if my finger is not covering it (no fan). Appreciate it!

Ps. I messaged @DDave to order his mod kit for it and just waiting for him to respond :)
This machine works really well with a heat soak , letting it heat up for about 10 minutes but its not required. I usually turn it on 30mins before I want to use it. When I am ready to vape I will place my glass on the heater and leave it there for about a minute to pre heat and than blow a bag or start drawing through my glass. I usually take my material out when I am not hitting it so its not cooking and place it back on when I am ready to take my next hit. Sometimes I will just leave it on there also. I would say just experiment , see what you like. The vapor will come out of the whip when you are not hitting it. I highly recommend a camel back hydration valve , what I do is put a tiny piece of the tubing on it to attach it to the bag , there is valve that will open and close and this will make sure your vapor doesn't come out of the bag between hits instead of having to hold your finger there. Here is a link to the 1 I been using - http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-Camelbak-Ergo-HydroLockTM/dp/B000LCIN7O

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@CuckFumbustion Yeah sorry dude I was a little medicated when I posted that lol I didn't mean to say smoke ... I ment to say vapor and yes I know it's molecular state ;) I say smoke outta habit Cuz I haven't fully kicked combustion yet!!
And hopefully since I went with arizer directly I get their new "midnight blue" colour and new stock attachments :) I'll definitely let you guys know once it arrives! @kellya86 @Justpassedu I shall read more of the threads to better educate myself to make myself a master of the Q lol
The camel back tool looks interesting, maybe the new kit has new valves? I have @DDave 's newest mod kit for the Q in order so I'm excited for that as well :) thanks a lot guys!!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFumbustion Yeah sorry dude I was a little medicated when I posted that lol I didn't mean to say smoke ... I ment to say vapor and yes I know it's molecular state ;) I say smoke outta habit Cuz I haven't fully kicked combustion yet!!
Wasn't sure if you were or not. :hmm: Just had to be sure for clarity's sake and avoid any possible further confusion. Especially since you are about to widen your education once you've had some time with the EQ and the @DDave mod. :tup:

I had to unlearn the whole combustion-burn-smoke thing myself and later help others kick combustion. Did you hear that combustion? @Andrew26 is going to kick you to the curb.:goon:
Look forward to hearing what the latest Arizer has to offer.

True, but of course it is the volatile oils that actually contain the "goodness". Hence the need for temperatures way above the boiling point of water. Sorry, woke up feeling "detail oriented" this morning.
:lol:
Normally my posts are a little more detailed. But I was getting sloppy due to consuming said volatile oils all evening, so you picked a good time to step up and clarify. Feel free to geek out and expand on that.

Once I got a tight and more insulated setup, I could extract those oils very evenly and get solid consistency. My ABV would be a particular flat shade of tan or brown and the thickness of the vapor is effected by what temp range I was using.
:peace:

Last edited:

phried

The @DDave mod certainly changed how my EQ performs - it's downright killer now. Super fast heatup of the material due to the mod's design, getting instant clouds at 210-230C. Those temperature presets on the remote finally make sense. I have also reduced my Mighty usage around the house to almost nil with how effective the EQ medicates with the new glass. And the extra tools are super handy.

Having a problem with the 14mm baskets getting stuck in the bowl when the stem is pulled out though, looks to be a clearance issue with the width of the basket's rim. Still works like a champ even with this slight annoyance.

I can now say for sure that the EQ is my daily driver. This vaporizing experience definitely rivals combustion using the same water piece. I can't say for sure how more in/efficient it is compared to combusting, but the health benefits alone are worth choosing over igniting my medicine.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The @DDave mod certainly changed how my EQ performs - it's downright killer now. Super fast heatup of the material due to the mod's design, getting instant clouds at 210-230C. Those temperature presets on the remote finally make sense. I have also reduced my Mighty usage around the house to almost nil with how effective the EQ medicates with the new glass. And the extra tools are super handy.
:rockon:

Having a problem with the 14mm baskets getting stuck in the bowl when the stem is pulled out though, looks to be a clearance issue with the width of the basket's rim. Still works like a champ even with this slight annoyance.
I have seen this occur in two scenarios..
1) When the basket screen loosens in the wand over time.
2) When the adapter is lined with resin.

I think your kit is newer, so assume #1 from above.

I remedy mine by pinching the screen slightly, as seen in the pic below. That will cause it to widen a bit and better grasp the wand over the adapter. (Warning: Don't HULK OUT and flatten it though..:ugh: )

Hope this helps!
AtH2ZXF.jpg

JohnBongJovi

Hello, long time stoner, first time poster here. I've been dreaming of buying a Volcano vaporizer since the first time I tried it. I just love the potency and effectiveness of the vape. I can afford it but I feel like it's overpriced and the idea of spending that much money on it kinda bums me out. I was wondering how the Extreme Q compares. I've heard people say it's like a cheaper Volcano. Do you agree? If it can't match the quality of the vape that the Volcano delivers, then I'd be willing to shell out the extra cash.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hello, long time stoner, first time poster here. I've been dreaming of buying a Volcano vaporizer since the first time I tried it. I just love the potency and effectiveness of the vape. I can afford it but I feel like it's overpriced and the idea of spending that much money on it kinda bums me out. I was wondering how the Extreme Q compares. I've heard people say it's like a cheaper Volcano. Do you agree? If it can't match the quality of the vape that the Volcano delivers, then I'd be willing to shell out the extra cash.

If I was only gonna buy one vape, then pick the eq, it's more versatile and moddable than the volcano...

Being able to switch it about so much and change the delivery method, keeps your tolerance confused and therfore gives you the ability to knock your sock off all the time....

I love my eq, I have 2....

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I agree , very overpriced vape but its a proven machine and people pay the premium for it. I'm guessing that's why they have never really dropped the price. It Blows bags very well and that is its main function , better than the Eq but you have to ask yourself what your needs are. Do you only want a bag vape , the eq can do bags ( not as well as the volcano ), but it can also do whips , be mated to your glass , modded and at a fraction of the price. If your only looking to use the bag system than I highly recommend the volcano , it is as simple as it can be. if you are looking to do more and have some patience to learn than the Eq is an amazing vape at its price point. I would not say the Eq is a cheaper Volcano rather something different and not to really be compared. A volcano for bag blowing has a superior valve system , simple user interface and it does it much much quicker . The Eq does a # of things well I just think its main function was not to design it with bag blowing as its main use but to do a # of things to appeal to vaporist's. If you been dreaming of the Volcano all your life than I say grab 1 , if you want to try more they have a very high resale value so you wouldn't be loosing out too much when it comes time to sell it and if you decide you'd like to try more and can be patient learning a new machine and taking the time to tinker than the Eq is a great option.

hoptimum

The volcano is a much better bag filler, but less versatile. So if youre going to fill bags mostly, the volcano is the way to go. If you plan to use the whip mostly, the eq is a serviceable bag filler with the dDave mod and a camelbak hydrolock valve.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys so I got my Eq in today and I plugged it in and let it heat up for like an hour. Broke up a .2 of some dry flower grinded it up and put it into the cyclone bowl then I put it on the heater, let it sit for a minute or 2 then attached the elbow for the whip and I'm getting these Danty poor whisps for hits... my whole session was little whisp clouds.. really?
Am I doing something wrong like I shouldnt have to pack the cyclone bowl to get good hits. So far I'm just sticking to my CFX Cuz I get way better hits. Not sure what you guys can do to help me out with Cuz it seems like I'm doing everything fine, not sure why I'm not getting vapor like I do my cfx. I thought desktop vapes would be better?

Last edited:
Andrew26,

jimfish4130

Hey guys so I got my Eq in today and I plugged it in and let it heat up for like an hour. Broke up a .2 of some dry flower grinded it up and put it into the cyclone bowl then I put it on the heater, let it sit for a minute or 2 then attached the elbow for the whip and I'm getting these Danty poor whisps for hits... my whole session was little whisp clouds.. really?
Am I doing something wrong like I shouldnt have to pack the cyclone bowl to get good hits. So far I'm just sticking to my CFX Cuz I get way better hits. Not sure what you guys can do to help me out with Cuz it seems like I'm doing everything fine, not sure why I'm not getting vapor like I do my cfx.
Try packing the screen that goes in the elbow instead, it definitely helps

jimfish4130

I guess I'll give that a try, I just didn't want to waste my herbs trying to figure this thing out! I thought desktop vapes would be better than my portable cfx lol I have @DDave mod kit on the way hopefully that helps Cuz right now I'm not impressed at all :(

You might need to bump the temp up a tiny bit because of the extra distance from the heater to your herb. The DDave mod kit made a world of difference for me, did you get the 18mm, 14mm or the full kit?

Before I got the kit I felt like I was hooked to my EQ like an IV line to be where I needed, I was only just quitting combustion and finally tobacco though (still mixed it in bongs out of habit)

BD9

Am I doing something wrong like I shouldnt have to pack the cyclone bowl to get good hits. So far I'm just sticking to my CFX Cuz I get way better hits. Not sure what you guys can do to help me out with Cuz it seems like I'm doing everything fine, not sure why I'm not getting vapor like I do my cfx. I thought desktop vapes would be better?

Couple of things; As @jimfish4130 said, turn the temp up. I've been setting the temp from 360-400F. How fine are grinding your herb? Finer is better, but not dust. Is your herb dry? Drier is better.
There is a bit of a learning curve with the EQ. It will take a few times to get your settings right.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys lol after further review I got a little bit better results. So I preheated the unit at 450 for an hour. I put the cyclone on for half the time ( it was hot ) but I vaped my flower at 390 and I got like no vapor. So I guess with the cyclone bowl it has to be up at like 420 to 430°f Cuz it's further away from the element? I was like wtttffff Cuz I wasn't impressed at all at first. So it has to be vaped at higher temps with cyclone bowl? I don't like vaping at those high of temps I like keeping them in the 375 to 390° range ya know? Hopefully the ddave mod kit helps a lot Cuz right now I'm on the fence whether I like it or not.
It's not to bad with some herb packed in the elbow screen, that works abit better, packing in the cyclone bowl I find kinda blows lol
I tried the blowing a bag and that went pretty well :) so yea the unit isn't to bad. I'm pretty medicated as I write this to you lol hopefully I'm making sense ;)
What temp do you guys like vaping with the whip at with the Q all stock ( I just got it today) my kit will be in shortly :)

I'm mainly gonna be using it for the whip and water bong

Top Bottom