The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That black leaf bubbler is 50cm tall Steve :uhh:
Looks really good but might be too big?

I did not realize i was that big & there is no might about it being too big. I reckon I could milk & clear the fucker though but I thought it was under 40cm.

I also see that GC still has the two I posted last week & I would recommend anyone in the market for one should have a suss as they are only
$29 & $45 each.

a15-181.jpg

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'd say you'd need a good set of lungs to hit a big piece connected to an EQ because you'd need to clear a larger volume of air before getting to vapour. To get a good one-hit extraction a medium or small piece is better IMO. I was referring to the big black leaf bubbler needing a set of lungs.

You have a steven hydratube coming for $40? I think that should be a good product for the EQ. I'd love to try it.
Inside volume is something I need to be thinking of with the next purchase. But two FC-278 's would be impressive. Just trying to do business with DHgate.:bang:
Haven't heard anything +/- on Grasscity. They are reasonable compared to brick and morter in the US. Believe the DHgate choices might be a bit thicker and cheaper. But the shipping time and some sellers are off putting.

@paz01492 Glad that worked out for you and good luck with the kit you'll be ordering So you noticed the difference already? Vapor is absorbed differently than smoke you will find. And combusting is wasteful too. Plus you are putting more tar on your lungs which prevent what actives you want to be absorbed, to be blocked.
You have figured out a method that works for you.:tup: So you can practice your elbow pack :lol:and if you fail, dump it in the bowl and go back to your tried method.:2c: :peace:.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I dug out this old post @kellya86 to plant an idea in your head :brow:. You want dry, cool, beasty & different?

I just got this beast in from FC's own @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd :

image.jpg2_zps8xmzt3kk.jpg

It's blown me away today!

Haven't heard anything +/- on Grasscity. They are reasonable compared to brick and morter in the US. Believe the DHgate choices might be a bit thicker and cheaper. But the shipping time and some sellers are off putting.

On the flipside it looks like GC also has free shipping on all worldwide orders. I would also expect a higher level of quality control from GC than any DH Gate seller.

Why the fuck did I see that free shipping?

Thank god the AU$ is so shitty. Fuck this. I could order other things too. Kill me now.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

On the flipside it looks like GC also has free shipping on all worldwide orders. I would also expect a higher level of quality control from GC than any DH Gate seller.
That would be the trade off between the two choices. Goes back to each seller's QC. Still would want to hear more about the +/- of GC. But they seem to carry a certain caliber of glass that is affordable but not imported to the US. Every other choice out there is either cheap combustion quality or high end name brand or import. Trying to find anybody in the US that sells the DHgate models to avoid the overseas hassles as an option.

Sungodv

Tried a bit in the old Q and it is very cool and smooth vapor. Efficient as it always was and is... with the original DD short adapter.
And very glad to see Arizer now offering silicone tubing. Still very glad I bought it.
While not as tasty, the darn Summit is just so fast and easy.

CuckFumbustion

Tried a bit in the old Q and it is very cool and smooth vapor. Efficient as it always was and is... with the original DD short adapter.
And very glad to see Arizer now offering silicone tubing. Still very glad I bought it.
While not as tasty, the darn Summit is just so fast and easy.
I own a Summit and just posted a comment in the thread recently about it. Came up with a way to add a glass EQ balloon attachment as a glass mouthpiece 'Arizer Solo' style. The summit is a sawed off shotgun of a portable. Almost no restriction. I can inhale the vapor from it so quickly, that I don't taste it till I exhale.

The EQ uses mostly hot air (convection) instead of conduction heat like your Summit. One reason why it is stronger in the taste dept.
One thing is Summit can do the low temps like the EQ can too. Still wouldn't mind an Arizer Air. Or a Summit with interchangeable batteries.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The Air is a great little vape @CuckFumbustion & is my DD during the week. If you need a portable get one or a Solo & live without regret. However I just finished my first elbow of the weekend in the EQ @210c & I am feeling much more intoxicated than I should be. I vaped a 1/2 Air stem & then had a full DDave elbow & vaping that first stem allowed the EQ to warm up properly.

The EQ is clean, warmed up & ready for a solid workout tonight. The only shitty part is I noticed a tiny chip at the top of the 18mm joint in my bubbler. The fucked up part is it is only there because I started using a metal keck clip with my 18mm carb & it popped off the other evening :mad:. That is the only incident I can remotely recall it has had during it's pure vape only life. I will fix it with a drop of glass filler but now my bubbler is tarnished & I will need to buy a new one.

Stevenski,
Reactions: Nugg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I like to have a third of an eq elbow, followed my sipping on my flowermate for 10 mins, this mix of fast and hard, and slow and soft delivery, makes for a very high me, higher than if I was to have 2 eq elbows in a row, or 2 sessions on the flowermate,

The mix of the 2 seems to work really well for me, I do this at 5:30ish, and don't vape again till gone 9...

MoltenTiger

The Air is a great little vape @CuckFumbustion & is my DD during the week. If you need a portable get one or a Solo & live without regret. However I just finished my first elbow of the weekend in the EQ @210c & I am feeling much more intoxicated than I should be. I vaped a 1/2 Air stem & then had a full DDave elbow & vaping that first stem allowed the EQ to warm up properly.

The EQ is clean, warmed up & ready for a solid workout tonight. The only shitty part is I noticed a tiny chip at the top of the 18mm joint in my bubbler. The fucked up part is it is only there because I started using a metal keck clip with my 18mm carb & it popped off the other evening :mad:. That is the only incident I can remotely recall it has had during it's pure vape only life. I will fix it with a drop of glass filler but now my bubbler is tarnished & I will need to buy a new one.
:( unlucky man. Was that your blaze rainbow? :(

I only have a MFLB for portable use, it's a lot nicer with its new batteries I've just got for it, but it still is a much lesser experience than the EQ. Much.

Recently, it was some dumb hour, say 2am, and the power cuts. It's out for like over half an hour, so naturally my THC stream needed a little top up - more than I could get from the MFLB (a large top-up).

What better time than to test out a small car 12v inverter with the EQ!
It was amazing, know that now.

Initially it kept tripping the device and I wasn't sure my selection of the weakest inverter available to me was a good one, but after I let the brick charge up for a couple of minutes (or it could have been I started the car) BOOM.
Heat, hits and clouds pouring out my windows.

I definitely recommend this, although I would also recommend wild caution as driving around town with an EQ set up next to you is somewhat nerve wracking. Can't get pulled over now :worms:

I better add that I didn't actually toke and drive simultaneously, and my intention of the set up is for camping rather than dying :razz:

CuckFumbustion

We all hope it wasn't the Blaze Rainbow. That was a sharp piece. It's still functional right?

I like to have a third of an eq elbow, followed my sipping on my flowermate for 10 mins, this mix of fast and hard, and slow and soft delivery, makes for a very high me, higher than if I was to have 2 eq elbows in a row, or 2 sessions on the flowermate,

The mix of the 2 seems to work really well for me, I do this at 5:30ish, and don't vape again till gone 9...
I do believe there is something to how the lungs absorb vapor multiplied by the type of vapor that can be produced. You seem to have found an formula that works.
If you build up a tolerance to that, then changing your routine might reset some of that in my guess-estimation. There is some threads theorizing about how the body absorbs vapor, etc.
My Mix lately has been between the Summit and my EQ whip. Since I'm able to remove the whip from the top of my space needle of glass, I can pull off the EQ and loosen the connection from the whip at the top, and shotgun the last bit of vapor inside the whip and a burst of air behind it. I don't even pull off the wand entirely, just squeeze where the adapters meet and the connection breaks, then the quick gust of shotgunned air behind what I've already been pulling through the whip. Great way to top off a lung filling session.
What better time than to test out a small car 12v inverter with the EQ!
It was amazing, know that now.
Terrific, I have a camera bag for just the occasion. Just something I found in a free pile. Can fit everything in it snug. As long as I don't mind the bag being upside down. It's protects it perfect with just enough protection without a huge case to lug around. I wouldn't have it bounce around in my backpack kind of protection. But to be able to set up at a remote picnic bench. Did you hear that my little EQ? We might even go to John Denver country this summer.;) Hope you like high altitudes. Now to look at battery chargers for the EQ.

Had a mishap with the herbs and it spilled on my carpet. :mad: Picked out what larger specks I could. But when I straw drawed into a 14mm bowl, nearly all the bad bits and pieces stayed behind on the tray! Since the herbs are lighter to begin with in proportion to it mass. The green goes into the bowl as should. Oh, and I now place a glass screen on top of the pack inside the 14mm bowl to keep the 14mm tip screen from getting clogged and to use the heat from the glass for extra conduction.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
:( unlucky man. Was that your blaze rainbow? :(

We all hope it wasn't the Blaze Rainbow. That was a sharp piece. It's still functional right?

Yes it is the Blaze Rainbow. It is only a tiny chip & it is right at the top so it will not affect the bubbler's function but I will know it is there & it will shit me to tears.

Did you lose much herb Cucky? I hope not.

Stevenski,

CuckFumbustion

Had to brush a lot of it off my work pants and scramble fro work.
Was able to recover what hit the carpet into a yogurt lid and sift with a lens and a toothpick. But the draw straw saved me a lot of trouble with that part, glad to say. It did go into the 14mm at 230C at once with the glass screen on the bowl. Don't normally toast it before I vape it. But didn't want to chance anything dirt on the microscopic level to be vaped. So set the oven to broil with that bowl. Waste not want not.

Your Blaze, Well if you had to have a chip happen to it, it chose one of the least worst places. And you got on that right away. But yea, I hear you on the 'you'll know it's there.' part of it. I should just have some glass filler on hand. Before anything hairlines form from a minor break.

MoltenTiger

Yes it is the Blaze Rainbow. It is only a tiny chip & it is right at the top so it will not affect the bubbler's function but I will know it is there & it will shit me to tears.

:ugh: Bugger

That sucks man, I'm sure it will soldier on and wear it's battle scars with pride, knowing that it's fighting for the right side.
______

may cucky's remaining carpet-infused precious debris :rip:
________

Just curiously, anyone, roughly how many EQ elbow bowls do you average a session?
I've been having an uncounted amount lately, usually in the double figures over a few hours I guess. I've found this to be a fairly large amount of actives to be ingesting. So, I've had much less tonight, maybe 5 all up over 6 hours, and it is noticeably quite strong still. I think I'm going to be sticking to this lower level of intake for a while.
Back to back, I have to put extra effort in to have more than a couple of bowls in a row (tassie twos mate), as generally more than this has me reaching a temporary epitome of lethargy:science:
None of that is really concrete and of course it depends on the bud, but generally - what's your usage like?

MoltenTiger,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Man I could not vape that much in a night,

I only vape 3 to 4 baskets a night, in the week..
At the weekend I vape much more, probably 3 baskets throughout the day, then and night I load the adapter at the weekend for that extra kick I need, due to starting ealier and increasing my tolerance...

With cannabis, less is definately more...

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just curiously, anyone, roughly how many EQ elbow bowls do you average a session?
I've been having an uncounted amount lately, usually in the double figures over a few hours I guess. I've found this to be a fairly large amount of actives to be ingesting. So, I've had much less tonight, maybe 5 all up over 6 hours, and it is noticeably quite strong still. I think I'm going to be sticking to this lower level of intake for a while.
Back to back, I have to put extra effort in to have more than a couple of bowls in a row (tassie twos mate), as generally more than this has me reaching a temporary epitome of lethargy:science:
None of that is really concrete and of course it depends on the bud, but generally - what's your usage like?

When I was on Christmas leave I was vaping 2-2.5g a day in the EQ or 15-20 very packed elbows. Now I am back at work I am vaping around a g a day. Last night I managed only 8 full elbows & I was extremely wrecked at 210c. I am going to try & keep the temp at 210c as I found that very sufficient last night. Less can definitely be more in the case of vaping it is just when I have plenty at hand I overindulge.

MoltenTiger

When I was on Christmas leave I was vaping 2-2.5g a day in the EQ or 15-20 very packed elbows. Now I am back at work I am vaping around a g a day. Last night I managed only 8 full elbows & I was extremely wrecked at 210c. I am going to try & keep the temp at 210c as I found that very sufficient last night. Less can definitely be more in the case of vaping it is just when I have plenty at hand I overindulge.

Yeah mate, cone lungs for life :rockon:
I've definitely averaged over a gram a day, but I've also smoked a bit and shouted some.

Try my go-to temp, all the 2s. I find it gives a smoother but extremely similar buzz to 230 whilst still retaining most of the good flavour of the bud. If I go to 230 I can begin to taste charring and the flavour is killed.
I find 210 is often lacking.

I've almost finished one elbow from an hour ago, and I forgot about this post for 20 minutes until just now XD
Man I could not vape that much in a night,

I only vape 3 to 4 baskets a night, in the week..
At the weekend I vape much more, probably 3 baskets throughout the day, then and night I load the adapter at the weekend for that extra kick I need, due to starting ealier and increasing my tolerance...

With cannabis, less is definately more...
Anyone could, but yes the high is perpetual haha
I am on holidays atm, my productivity is bottom lining and I'm going to stop having as much cannabis!
Less is more indeed man, thanks for the friendly reminder :)

Oldvape53

Just ordered a ver4 since they seem to be sitting at 179can, seemed reasonable. I'm almost 2 years tobacco free and decided it's time to my medication smoke free as well. I do have a Flowermate 5s, but I mainly use hash, oil, shatter ect, and it's not great for that. Also wanted something that would hit harder hopefully. It'll be interesting to see how to use the EQ for those. Got a spare elbow to go with it, wondering what else I should have grabbed....

paz01492

Just ordered a ver4 since they seem to be sitting at 179can, seemed reasonable. I'm almost 2 years tobacco free and decided it's time to my medication smoke free as well. I do have a Flowermate 5s, but I mainly use hash, oil, shatter ect, and it's not great for that. Also wanted something that would hit harder hopefully. It'll be interesting to see how to use the EQ for those. Got a spare elbow to go with it, wondering what else I should have grabbed....
Thought i would be good to answer for you....

i got one 3 days ago and since havent touched a spliff.. i was smoking about 3 - 4 a day with tabaco in them.

i love it now tryed bags this weekend and they are good as well as whip

even some avarage weed i hide lying about it has made that much better and quite tasty trhough the extreme q.

CuckFumbustion

Welcome @Oldvape53 to the forum. Glad to hear anybody quitting tobacco and now combustion entirely. A few posters here have EQ's and Flowermate 5's coincidentally as you may have read here earlier?
Got a spare elbow to go with it, wondering what else I should have grabbed....
You may want to grab a @DDave kit as many new and old users have been happy with and shared that info on this thread. @DDave can even get with you directly at FC if you are serious too. Check the links and info in my sig, if you want to know more.

Generally we suggest new EQ users read this thread for at least 5+ pages back, since certain topics come up with enough regularity to help any new user.

Sounds like you got a very reasonable deal for yours. I usually suggest getting from an authorized dealer from my one experience. But yes a ver 4 even. Care to tell us if it was a retailer?

Oldvape53

Yes, my first few posts here a while back were in the Flowermate thread. I plan on reading through this whole thread by the time I get my EQ wed-thurs I hope. Didn't know about the elbow packing trick. I got it from torontovaporizer.ca, pretty sure they are authorized dealers. I used vaporization to quit smoking tobacco, so hoping the EQ gets me all the way to smoke free!

Sungodv

The Q almost naturally does the elbow trick. Especially with the DDA, the material will collect in the elbow screen after a few pulls so I do a little burst out to lower it back into the bowl. Kind of mixes it up as the cyclone does.
You will love the Q. Very versatile and affordable.

CuckFumbustion

Yes, my first few posts here a while back were in the Flowermate thread. I plan on reading through this whole thread by the time I get my EQ wed-thurs I hope. Didn't know about the elbow packing trick. I got it from torontovaporizer.ca, pretty sure they are authorized dealers. I used vaporization to quit smoking tobacco, so hoping the EQ gets me all the way to smoke free!
They seem to be authorized. :hmm:Just don't come out and say it. I'm guessing. Arizer requires that you send your return to the original seller. Since, I had to RMA my first EQ, I'm always recommending that.

Many have successfully quit smoking with the right vaporizer. You've certainly got that covered with the EQ and a portable. Plus you found FC. So there is plenty of people who are experienced with what you are going through and will gladly offer any info and support. We seem to have several new users who just kicked combustion and tobacco to the curb in this thread alone as of recent. Much less throughout the threads.

My thing is to have two portables and 1 desktop and a 1 off-the-grid. That way the desktop saves on the wear and tear of the portables being used. My 3 portables are quite different from each other and offer a lot of variety. The EQ offers a wide variety unto itself. As I am still discovering.:science:

Elbow packs are essential to power users. If you can perfect that, you can think about possibly a bubbler or a good wand/ballon setup.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I quit combustion with the eq alone...

Then added a flowermate v5.0s as my portable...as I only use it once a day, it lasts over a week...

The elbow pack is how I enjoy concentrate in my eq, I load up some Japanese organic cotton with reclaim oil or bho, put in basket, turn the temps up, and vape away...

For traditional hash I like a herb sandwich...

The eq seems to manage whatever you throw at it...well...

Edit :- although I am noticing that the oil and bho soaked cotton doesn't seem to be kind to my @DDave basket screens...not sure if its the excess heat that I use, or the actual oil itself, but something seems to render them uncleanable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom