The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

mecker

Hi guys,

I finally decided I'm 100% going to buy an EQ eventually.
I got my eye on a 30euro discount one from azarius (anyone got any previous experience with them?) with a total cost of 189euros. Does anyone know about any better store? Keep in mind I can only buy from stores that ship to Europe, specifically Portugal.

Just another doubt in my mind, since I live in place where the fine herbs aren't always available, I wonder if the EQ can handle hash.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Hi @mecker, Welcome to the forum. I generally recommend an Authorized Arizer dealer and perhaps get to know shipping details from the source dealer's location, just in case you ever need to send it back. Knock on wood.
Puffitup's site says they are out of stock but they have a ** Use discount code EXTREME to get the newest version of the Extreme Q for only $175!(161.07 Euro +S&H) **. I'd contact Randy and let him know your details and possibly he can help you.:shrug: Or he'd be nice enough to point you in the right direction?
Bought mine from Agracan in Canada on sale for $150 US. The EQ is Canadian. That's why I always refer to Celsius. eh? :D Saw a post a few pages back where someone used the double elbow screen method for hash. But there probably is other methods. Anyone think the @DDave 14mm wand setup be suitable for this?

throwawaytre3s

Found a quick fix until my new D020-D comes in!
EJIk1X0.jpg

Works pretty good!

CuckFumbustion

My broken perc Bubbler finally gave up the ghost.:rip: So, to get myself over it,:rant: and since I've been asked multiple times to post my setups. :bowdown:Finally went and cleaned all my glass and reset everything. Then took pics for my peeps with a few artistic flourishes. I know some of you have been curiously waiting. So here it goes...

The top picture is just the naked glass and silicone tubing in my tall whip setup in the EQ. AKA the Duel light-saber configuration. Normally, I change out the top F/F for the water piece, whip, balloon, whatever. The downstem itself, seems to work great as a wand. So sometimes I'll just flip the wand over and use the downstem as a wand. Now for the bottom half. The duel wand has silicone hose wedged between the 18mm inner and the 19mm outer wands. Heat conservation and all that.
Second pic - Close up of the hookah tip and the F/F wand setup. Notice I have a strip around the F/F for picking up the F/F. (It gets very hot.)
Third pic - Some of the more unconventional pieces that I have. I might refer to them at a later post. The Pink chillum, I use as a mini SSV wand. The blue chillum I use to straw draw pack my elbow screens. My 18mm balloon. (Yes the safety duct tape was intentional.) And my wand setup with the paracord whip covers. I got carried away with the imgur coler filters as you guessed. Doesn't the bottom one look a little like an oil painting? Especially the way the light is enahnced on the mortar and pestle? :peace:
bVT8Ick.jpg
f9a87RX.jpg

X10kOW6.jpg

Used paracord tied around the whip hose to keep it from kinking.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski I still haven't tried the direct draw, I got a day off work today so iv been busy a making bho, qwiso, and avb coconut oil infused with kafir lime leaves and sicilian lemon...

I will try the direct draw tonight...

Keep us posted on how you spent your day making fancy concentrates why don't you. I live in a country where we call out mates cunt & a cunt mate. Keep up the good work mate :p

Nice!!!

I have a water pipe with ice pinches for exactly that effect as well. My favorite!

You know what goes well with ice in ice pinches? Hot water in the bong. If I want to pull an impressive monster hit I will use hot water & ice. Smooth & chilled but hydrated :o.

My broken perc Bubbler finally gave up the ghost.:rip: So, to get myself over it,:rant: and since I've been asked multiple times to post my setups. :bowdown:Finally went and cleaned all my glass and reset everything. Then took pics for my peeps with a few artistic flourishes. I know some of you have been curiously waiting. So here it goes...

About time posting that setup :cool:. I like I can now get a much better idea of how you are set up. Just so I am clear you have the following setup

18mm DDave F/F to 18mm DDave wand to 18mm slit downstem to 18mm M/M to 18mm F/F to 18mm whip fitting to 14mm wand to mouthpiece?

Very creative setup indeed :science:.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks for the link @Nugg , I'm sure there is a better way than water, I will find it...

Here was my platter yesterday...yum...the bho is so amazing, I can't get over how much it wrecks you, and how tasty it is....

The herb is 3 month cured superstrains original amnesia (grown by me)

Bho made from freshly frozen amnesia trim

Qwiso made from reclaim, but came out really nice....

sDFO4WT.jpg

And here is my coconut oil infused with avb, sicilian lemon and kaffir lime leaf...

cMlUDzg.jpg

Nice and green...unfortunately I don't like it, not keen on coconut, so I'm gonna buy some nuttella and riveta and make some Ferrero rochet... sure I spelt that wrong..

@Stevenski I was too busy last night to get my box of other glass out to try the direct draw, I will do it tonight as my first vape of the evening, so do I basket pack at 185 ish? ??? Or in the adapter???

Also I thought you lived in the same country as me.... uk??

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

About time posting that setup :cool:. I like I can now get a much better idea of how you are set up. Just so I am clear you have the following setup

18mm DDave F/F to 18mm DDave wand to 18mm slit downstem to 18mm M/M to 18mm F/F to 18mm whip fitting to 14mm wand to mouthpiece?

Very creative setup indeed :science:.
Almost kinda. I might get a little more technical this post because I may refer to it later. Plus the short but thinly descriptive version is farther down.

Starting from the bottom up. The bowl is from one of my quests. Hard to find. I even mentioned it early on the @DDave mod thread. It has no center ring for a screen to behave with. So I had come up with my own screen method with tweezers. Then I later replaced it with @DDave's screen. So no more burnt screen taste. But if you goof at all with this bowl, you will have combustion. Bowl packs are combustion.

The 18mm Ddave ((with the silicone jacket and 19mm glass over it) and the slit 18mm downstem make the tall wand. the slit downstem is a ripper when I use it in my bowl. BTW.

Now for the whip. The whip's 18mm F/F adapter is the same exact adapter as my bowl, but my EQ nub fused with it. turning that into a plus. The whip hose feeds nicely through the fused adapter as if it was made for that purpose. So I went with the glass fusion. The para-cord works great with the nub and the hose.

The mouth end had Ddave's 14mm wand and my mouthpiece. I'm looking to get more mouthpieces like that at some point.
Short list
------
Wand & bowl setup - 18mm F/F short adapter to 18mm Ddave wand (encased in a 19mm) to 18mm downstem (also wand)
Whip setup - 18mm F/F to 18mm 'whip fitting' (glass fused:lol:) to whip hose to 14mm Ddave wand to mouthpiece.
All @DDave screens and silicone hose and strips. Para-cord.

It is a well behaved setup too. I placed a wide strip of silicone around the waist of my hose clamp. (I have the simpler earlier one, BTW.) Clamp it on the side of the connection and rest my hookah wand inside the clamp at an angle. But if I were to goof and just let go of my clamp, it will droop first, and drop second.:peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski I was too busy last night to get my box of other glass out to try the direct draw, I will do it tonight as my first vape of the evening, so do I basket pack at 185 ish? ??? Or in the adapter???

Also I thought you lived in the same country as me.... uk??

That BHO & reclaim QWISO look great & that bud looks yum. How do you vape concentrates? Do you use the EQ? For the wand I would suggest you try the 18mm as a direct draw & use the basket pack in a shorty. Start at 185c & see how you go. You may want to go up or down in temp or try it in a tall with the cyclone bowl but I am sure you will find a way that suits you well.

I think you said you were in the north of England or Scotland? I am from 'Straya but once upon a time my family came from the UK I spose.

@CuckFumbustion I like how you have a quick change set up too to switch between whip & bag. I am not sad to see your ash catcher finally kick the bucket as it now means you will buy a better suited piece for the EQ & get even more enjoyment from it.

Last edited:

paz01492

Right guys brand new user from the UK here..

getting a extreme q today, have never used a vaporizer before.

how many whips should i get out of a cyclone bowl / how many out of elbow packs? and do you stir it after every whip or leave it

how many bags out of cyclone bowl and do you stir it after each bag?

oh and im going to let it heat up to like 210 then put the herb into the bowl then put it bak to 190 does that sound about right?

thanks guys

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I am from 'Straya but once upon a time my family came from the UK I spose.

Resisting the urge to make any convict jokes....

I do vape concentrates in my eq, in cotton...works well... the bho and oil vapes forever. This is why I bought another eq, caus I love vaping traditional hash and occasionally concentrate when I make it..and was worried about my eq getting dirty..

@paz01492 welcome to the family, glad to see another UK vaping pioneer...check out the uk fc 2016 meet thread, all us brits are there,

Where about a in uk are you???

The eq can do many things for many people, there is no set way to use it...

Have you just quit combustion??

Have you come from bongs or joints, tobacco or not????

If you unbox your eq and turn it to 210 and fan 1 for 10 mins, that should preheat all glass and take care if any burn off to remove any manufacturing residue..

Then I would say don't load the cyclone...
It takes alot of herb and is inefficient,,
Also for your first vape, a whole cyclone is gonna kick the shit out of you ..

Turn fan off.
Load the basket screen in he adapter, about half full, tamp it down with the blunt end of the glass stir tool, only with the weight of the tool, so as not to pack too tight...

Drop to 200

Let is sit until you begin to see condensation in the elbow..

The begin a long slow constant draw for about 10 secs, after a few secs of draw you should see vapour streaming through the elbow..

When you feel it on your throat, stop, inhale a small amount of clean air, hold In for 5 secs, slowly exhale..

Wait 10 mins...

Enjoy the new vapour high and wonder why you haven't done this before....

I hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you need any help or advice on where to buy stuff in uk,

Nugg

@CuckFumbustion Finally we get to see the monster you have created. Looks awesome man! Lots of ways to use it.

@kellya86 Yeah there has to be a better way. The stuff going on in that thread I linked it pretty crazy.

You should try making a dry bong. Just something small in volume (like a drinking glass) to build up a thick hit before you take it in.

Nice looking platter to man. Looks like it would be a tasty treat. I've got some buddered up rosin atm that I can't stay away from. If I'm going to vape straight concentrates I usually use the vapman. Still love an oil n herb sanga in the eq every now and then though.

@Stevenski I'll post up a photo of my 14mm direct draw set up when I get a chance. I find having a small length of silicone after the wand gives me the bit of flex I need to hit it comfortably.

Come on Aussie come on! I'm from South Australia, we were a state formed with out convicts. My heritage is Scottish/Irish/English with some Canadian thrown in for fun.

@paz01492 Welcome to the family mate. These blokes in here can help out with any questiona you have. You have purchased a very awesome vape!

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion I like how you have a quick change set up too to switch between whip & bag. I am not sad to see your ash catcher finally kick the bucket as it now means you will buy a better suited piece for the EQ & get even more enjoyment from it.
Still should have gotten more mileage out of that glass chassis. Chalk that one up toexpierence. My new criteria. Next one will have a heavy base to it. But can be picked up and set down with one hand. Easy to clean. Able to Play around with the internal water physics:nod:? Hmm.. :hmm: Able to change out the top possible?
Well. Back to the drawing board.:science:
@CuckFumbustion Finally we get to see the monster you have created. Looks awesome man! Lots of ways to use it.
Thanks, modular was my one true aim. Why it was hard to post an 'ordinary' setup. Kept changing things up. But this pretty much is my DD whip setup. With the attachments in the 3rd photo. All interchangeable in mind.

That EQ sets on a bear safe that doubles as a 'beast' stand. So I can vape and read the news in true hookah fashion. You can see it work thru the visible part of the downstem or through the length of the 14mm wand. :ko: Fun visual. First. I wait and see a brief bit of condensation form in the downstem, then I draw med-slow and watch the full and instant 'gas-ification' occur. No arbitrary wait times. If I see the first hint of condensation, then its green lights all the way. I created a monster and it's a juggernaut. :argh:

Last edited:

paz01492

I do vape concentrates in my eq, in cotton...works well... the bho and oil vapes forever. This is why I bought another eq, caus I love vaping traditional hash and occasionally concentrate when I make it..and was worried about my eq getting dirty..

@paz01492 welcome to the family, glad to see another UK vaping pioneer...check out the uk fc 2016 meet thread, all us brits are there,

If you unbox your eq and turn it to 210 and fan 1 for 10 mins, that should preheat all glass and take care if any burn off to remove any manufacturing residue..

Turn fan off.
Load the basket screen in he adapter, about half full, tamp it down with the blunt end of the glass stir tool, only with the weight of the tool, so as not to pack too tight...

Drop to 200

The begin a long slow constant draw for about 10 secs, after a few secs of draw you should see vapour streaming through the elbow..

When you feel it on your throat, stop, inhale a small amount of clean air, hold In for 5 secs, slowly exhale..

Wait 10 mins...

I hope this helps, feel free to pm me if you need any help or advice on where to buy stuff in uk,

North Wales.

Thanks for that very detialed just what i was looking for. going to try it now elbow packing isint it.

paz01492

Turn fan off.

Drop to 200

Wait 10 mins...

Tried it im not getting much vapor?

i elbow packed about half turned to 210 then put the elbow on the extreme q and turned it to 200 and did as you said about sucking for 10 seconds.

i barley saw any vape is this normal

throwawaytre3s

i elbow packed about half turned to 210 then put the elbow on the extreme q and turned it to 200 and did as you said about sucking for 10 seconds.

I personally don't elbow pack, but I have a DDave mod on my EQ, so there's that. It means that I probably don't have to elbow pack. Also, I never elbow packed, even when I had the stock cyclone on my eq. I can use the whip now with the ddave mod, but honestly, it's been known that the stock cyclone bowl doesn't do the whip very well. Modded, I can hit mine through a bubbler and get it looking pretty opaque, and I get pretty thick bags. I wish I had some good advice to you then, other than mod your EQ. I really didn't get satisfying whip / bubbler usage until I did, and it only made my bags better.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I personally don't elbow pack, but I have a DDave mod on my EQ, so there's that. It means that I probably don't have to elbow pack. Also, I never elbow packed, even when I had the stock cyclone on my eq. I can use the whip now with the ddave mod, but honestly, it's been known that the stock cyclone bowl doesn't do the whip very well. Modded, I can hit mine through a bubbler and get it looking pretty opaque, and I get pretty thick bags. I wish I had some good advice to you then, other than mod your EQ. I really didn't get satisfying whip / bubbler usage until I did, and it only made my bags better.
^^^^ This is a good point first off.. :rockon:

Next, ensure you are preheating your unit properly. As an experiment, set to 230C and allow the unit to remain on and heating for 15 minutes. Then try your session again. Ensure you are heating both the EQ Vape and Cyclone Bowl.

throwawaytre3s

I respectfully disagree with @throwawaytre3s , my eq worked very well stock, the mods made it better still, but the stock eq does work well...imo...

Try loading the cyclone instead, doesn't have to be full..

Oh no, it definitely works fine stock, trust me, it got me and my girlfriend plenty high this summer off the stock bags. But never the stock whip.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
After, heat up everything first....
Eq, Cyclone, elbow and basket...
Heat it all first at 220 so elbow is hot to the touch. Then grab the hot glass (carefully) and load herb then put back on eq (lower to 210) for 20 secs... then begin to draw...

This has to produce vapour..

Top Bottom